The Lost Boy

I Couldn't Care Less

 

I just need to stay away from him for a little while...Yeah..That's it. 

 

Sehun assured himself that in order to stop thinking about his roommate's precious lips, he'd have to be far away from the boy.

 

He bid his hyungs goodbye and was heading towards the Music department building when he felt something tug his shirt.

 

Sehun turned around, only to find Luhan gazing up at him, still holding on to his shirt. Crap.

 

How was he suppose to forget about those lips if the owner was standing right in front of him?

 

“What? I have to go to class,” he asked, trying not to sound annoyed. His heart was acting up again.

 

“I know, but I really have to tell you something,” Luhan said softly, not looking Sehun directly in the eye.

 

“What is it?” Sehun hastily asked, looking around the courtyard. He really needs to get away from this boy or else he'll do something rash.

 

“It's about last night...”

 

Sehun's head snapped back towards the older boy. “L-last night?”

 

All thoughts of going to class vanished.

 

Luhan finally looked him in the eye, causing Sehun to shift uncomfortably on his feet. His stupid racing heart was not helping the situation either.

 

“Yeah. I – I wanted to thank you for baking me those umm cupcakes.”

 

Sehun arched his brow. “Uhh..Okayy. You're welcome?” He honestly didn't think he deserve it, considering how those cupcakes weren't even edible.

 

Luhan took a deep breath. “Also, I'm really glad you took me aside and uh told me those things.”

 

He bit his bottom lip, and Sehun mentally cursed himself for noticing, but then he remembered something.

 

“Hyung, I've been meaning to ask you if we're good or not? You didn't really accept my apologies last night, so I was just wondering.” Sehun scratched his head, hoping that his nervousness wasn't too obvious.

 

Sehun thought it was impossible for someone who was practically glowing to get any brighter, but he was wrong. The older boy's face brighten to an insane degree at the mention of his words.

 

He then gave Sehun an impish smile. “About that...I have a proposition for you.”

 

“W-what?”

 

“I'll forgive you --” YESS! “Under two conditions.” What?

 

The other boy grinned, probably at the confusion that was surely noticeable on Sehun's face.

 

Proposition...conditions? Oh!

 

It finally clicked that the other boy was trying to strike a deal with him. He let out a low chuckle, amused and curious as to where Luhan was taking this. “I'm listening.”

 

“The first condition – you have to limit your bubble tea intake to only two times a week. All the money I made from working at the cafe went to buying you bubble tea. So I want you to cut down for the sake of my wallet,” Luhan said with a smirk. Sehun snorted.

 

Oh Bambi is definitely back. Feistier than ever.

 

A poker face was best for situations like this. “What is your second condition?”

 

Luhan smiled mischievously.

 

And.......

 

That was how he ended up at the school's annual carnival.

 

The courtyard was barely recognizable since it was now lined with various game stalls on both sides, each brightly lit by neon lights. In the center were food booths selling overpriced snacks and slushies. The rides were located towards the outdoor field area. What use to be a soccer field was now a place for a gigantic Ferris wheel, and in the middle of the track field was an impressive looking haunted house. There were areas for face painting and other annoying creative activities Sehun doesn't want to elaborate on. A few people were dressed in ugly clown costumes, going around handing out animal balloons to little children (scaring most of them instead). The carnival was open to everybody around the area, not just students. It was one of the many public events Suk-Myeong University hosted every year to “create a friendly bond between the students and the community. ” (That's what the large banner at the entrance reads)

 

Everybody was enjoying themselves, but quite frankly, Sehun hated it. For as long as he could remember, he held a strong dislike for crowded places and the carnival was no exception. It was far too loud. Every ride had its own stupid looping soundtrack. The flashing lights were irritating. The air reeked of hot dogs and sweaty armpits. Sehun didn't want to be here at all, but thanks to a certain troublesome roommate, he's stuck here for the next few hours.

 

He wonders if Luhan had known about his hatred of crowded places and was therefore punishing him by making him come. But it actually turns out that Luhan just needed someone to accompany him while the other boys got on the “scary” rides. The older boy labeled all the rides, with the exception of the merry-go-round, “scary.”

 

Why would he even want to be here if he won't get on any of the real rides? Makes no sense –

 

“Sehun-ah!!” Luhan excitedly called from atop his carousel horse. He kept waving his hands at Sehun whenever he came around. Sehun would either grunt in response or pretend he didn't hear him. It was embarrassing enough that he was standing in the parent waiting area.

 

The older boy had demanded that he ride the merry-go-round with him, but Sehun stubbornly refused. He would rather eat strawberry cakes than be caught on a ride meant for 7 year olds.

 

When the ride came to a slow stop, Sehun spotted Luhan struggling to get down from his horse. He couldn't help but laugh at the sad sight. “HAHAHHAHAHAHA!”

 

Because of his sudden outburst, the parents all eyed him as if he was a psychotic person. Sehun immediately stopped laughing and cleared his throat as Luhan ran towards him.

 

“Sehun-ah, you should have gotten on! It was fun.” The boy was grinning from ear to ear. Speaking of ears, Sehun noticed that the older boy's ears were now extremely red. Following Sehun's gaze, Luhan pinched his ears and pouted.

 

“My ears get red whenever I'm having fun,” he explained. What the...

 

“BWAHHAHAHAHHA. HAHAHAHHAHA!”

 

Sehun couldn't recall a time when he has laughed this much. The other boy, slightly blushing from Sehun's thunderous laughter, smacked him playfully on the arm and told him to shut up.

 

“Are the others done with their ride?” Luhan asked, trying to change the topic.

 

“I think so. Let's go see.”

 

When they arrived near the pirate ship ride, the other boys had just gotten off. 

 

“Luhan hyung, Sehun, you two should have came with us! It was fantastic!!” Chanyeol shouted as Baekhyun fixed his frizzy hair, which was frizzier than ever thanks to the ride. All the boys had messy, wind swept hair, except for Kris, whose hair secrets remain a mystery.

 

The boys started walking around, deciding on what to do next.

 

“Let's go get our faces painted!!” Chanyeol hollered as he pointed towards the booth.

 

“Sounds fun. I want to try it,” Tao calmly stated, though the excitement in his eyes told a different story.

 

“Actually, I want to go eat,” Xiumin exclaimed. Kyungsoo, Kai and Chen nodded in agreement.

 

“Where can I buy a plush unicorn?” Lay asked blankly. Suho smiled adoringly at him and offered to help him look for a booth that sold one.

 

“Fine. We'll meet by the haunted house in 20 minutes,” Kris ordered before everyone split up.

 

Suho, with an arm around Lay's shoulder, led him towards the toys and stuff animals section.

 

The 4 hungry boys headed towards the foods area, happily chatting about what they want to order.

 

Chanyeol was practically dragging Baekhyun to the face painting area, and Tao was walking along the couple in an overly dignified manner, doing his best to remain cool and collected. Kris was strutting nonchalantly behind them. Sehun muffled a laugh. Considering the fact that they are at a carnival, Sehun has no idea why Kris felt the need to keep his I'm-too-cool-for-this attitude. No one is even looking.

 

With the hyungs gone, he is now left with.......... Luhan?

 

Wait, where is he!?!? 

 

Everyone was so busy discussing their plan of action, no one even noticed that Luhan wasn't even there for the whole exchange. Sehun scanned the sea of people for the ninja boy with honey brown hair. He started wandering around the carnival, checking out the spots he knew the older boy would visit. Still no Luhan. As his watch continued to tick, his fear for the lost boy escalates.

 

Where could he be!??! This place can't be that big! Dammit! What if something happened to him? 

 

Possible kidnapping scenarios played out in Sehun's mind. Dammit! Where are you Bambi!?!?

 

The thought that some creep may lure Luhan into a dark secluded corner somewhere, using just ice cream, twisted Sehun's insides with fear. Aishhhhh!! Does he know any self defense? Ughhh..How is he going to –

 

Sehun-ah!!”

 

Sehun whipped his head in the direction of the voice. Finally, his eyes landed on the person he had been searching for.

 

Luhan was jubilantly skipping towards him with a ridiculous crown-shaped balloon hat on his head and a huge stick of pink cotton candy in his hand.

 

Sehun sighed in relief at the sight of the clearly unharmed boy. When Luhan stood right in front of him, Sehun glared at him. “You could at least tell people where you're going,” Sehun said with a firm voice.

 

“Huh?” Luhan looked at him, forehead wrinkled. He tore off a fluffy piece of cotton candy and placed it in his mouth, grinning as soon as the candy melted in his mouth. Dear lord.

 

Sehun groaned. “Nevermind. Let's go meet the others.” He grabbed the hood of Luhan's jacket and led him, like an uncooperative child, towards the haunted house.

 

“Sehun-ah! Don't pull on my hood!” Luhan whined, still stuffing his mouth with cotton candy.

 

“I don't want you to get lost.” Sehun scoffed.

 

“Just hold my hand then!”

 

Sehun lets go of Luhan's hood and stared at him in disbelief. “Y-you want me to d-do wh-what?”

 

“If you don't want to lose me, then just hold my hand,” Luhan said matter-of-factly. Sehun shook his head and concluded that all that cotton candy has clouded the boy's thinking. It's the candy. 

 

Sehun grabbed Luhan's hood once again and walked to the haunted house.

 

“Yahhhhh!! Sehun!!” Luhan complained. He even tried to kick Sehun, but the latter dodged the attack – resulting in Luhan almost losing his balance, but Sehun held him up by the hood. Sehun laughed at his pathetically cute attempt, and Luhan simply stuck out his tongue. Once they met up with the other boys, Sehun released his firm grip on the hood.

 

“Whoooaaaa hyung! Where did you get that awesome balloon hat!?!” Chanyeol hollered. His face was painted like a dog – a hyper looking doggie. Baekhyun was a cute pink rabbit, and Tao was a panda (go figure).

 

Luhan smiled. “A lady gave it to me for free.” Sehun makes a mental note that Luhan is very easy to kidnap.

 

“Probably because you're cute,” Chen murmured.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I wanted a balloon hat, but the lady said it was only for kids,” Chen sadly replied. Luhan gave him a gentle pat on the back, and gave the younger boy his balloon hat. “Wow! Thanks hyung!!”

 

“What a sweet moment,” Kyungsoo declared, earning a smack on the back courtesy of Kai.

 

Let's go into the haunted house before we leave,” Kris suggested. The other boys agreed and started entering the house. Sehun notice a head of honey brown hair scooting backwards, away from the door. He's afraid of haunted houses too?

 

“You guys go in. I'll wait out here.” Luhan shyly waved at them as they went inside. Sehun stepped inside the dark house, but decided that it was better not to leave Luhan unattended. When he got back outside, Luhan was nowhere to be found. Great...

 

Minutes later, Sehun found him (wearing a new balloon hat) at a game booth, trying to pop balloons with darts. He stood behind Luhan and watched silently as the older boy failed time and time again to pop a balloon.

 

“What are you doing?” Sehun asked, amusement laced in his voice.

 

“Oi! Sehun-ah! I didn't know you were behind me.” Luhan, you are without a doubt easy to kidnap.

 

“I'm trying to win that big Bambi doll. In order to do that I must pop the small red balloon,” Luhan added. Sehun looked up and spotted the Bambi doll that Luhan was referring to. His lips curved upwards. He chuckled as a funny thought occurred to him – Bambi is trying to win Bambi.

 

But Luhan was failing miserably at the game. His darts couldn't even pop the bigger blue balloons. Refusing to stand there and watch any longer, Sehun gently pushed Luhan aside. “Let me do it.”

 

He paid the man in charge for the darts and started throwing them at the red balloon. He popped it on his second attempt, much to Luhan's satisfaction. The older boy was jumping up and down in glee. “YAY!! YOU DID IT!!”

 

“Here you go kid.” The man handed Sehun the big deer plushie. “Thanks.”

 

Luhan was practically ogling the Bambi doll in Sehun's arms. He stretched out his hand to take the stuff doll, but Sehun said, “I didn't say it was for you.” He teasingly stuck his tongue out at his now disappointed roommate.

 

“What??” Luhan pouted, following Sehun as they walked away from the booth. Sehun chuckled. After a few steps, Sehun realized that Luhan was not behind him anymore. He spotted the familiar silly balloon hat going back towards the stall they just left. Aish! Sehun immediately chased after him.

 

Swinging Luhan around, Sehun gave him the big Bambi doll. “Here.”

 

Luhan's eyes widen. “You sure?”

 

“Yeah. What would I do with it anyway?” Sehun shrugged.

 

Luhan gave the big deer doll a tight squeeze, smiling widely. How is he 21? 


 

******


When they got home, Luhan rushed upstairs with his new plush deer and grabbed his Polaroid camera. He wanted something to remind him that Sehun won the doll for him, even if the younger one had denied it. He hugs the deer in his arm, posing adorably. 1 2 3

 

FLASH

 

As he waited for the picture to dry, he searched for a marker (to write a little note on the polaroid).

 

Hmmmm.. Where is it? Having no luck finding his own marker, Luhan went over to Sehun's side and opened the first drawer. Ah there's one. 

 

He grabned the marker, but then he noticed….. a picture.

 

Luhan knows he shouldn't be snooping around Sehun's stuff, but curiosity got the best of him. It wouldn't hurt to look would it? He picked up the photo and gazed at it.

 

It was an old photo for sure because the colors weren't as vibrant as photos are today. The edges of the photo were crinkled – probably from constantly being held. It was a picture of a young woman in a peach colored sun dress. She had alluring brown eyes, long wavy hair, a high nose, and she was smiling.

 

Must be his mom.

 

Luhan smiled at lady in the picture. She was beautiful, but more than that she looked genuinely happy. Luhan squinted at the right side of the photo, noticing that the woman was holding hands with someone...

 

But that someone was cut off. More like torn off.

 

Only a hand was seen. Who could it be?........ His dad? 

 

“What are you doing?”

 

~~~~~~ Oooooooooooo Luhan sees something he shouldn't have...is he in trouble?? What's going to be happen?! Mini cliffhanger :P Btw don't judge Luhan for looking at the photo. 

Fluffy chapter!! Favorite part - the carnival :D Sehunnie winning Lulu a Bambi doll is AWESOME!!! And his kidnapping scenario is hilarious. He is really starting to care for his Bambi. A picture of Lulu's balloon hat

 Pretty cool eh? Lol. Subscribe, comment, and enjoy! THANKS!!      [[Re-uploaded]]