Happy Reunion?

Fade

I felt my heartbeat beating hard and fast in my chest and I felt like it was going to jump out of my throat where it had lodged itself. I patted my hair and smoothed out my clothes, stopping over my baby bump. I was now almost six months pregnant. It'd had been almost 4 months since me and JR had last seen each other. I went into the kitchen of my new apartment and checked on the cookies that were in the oven. I'd cooked them out of stress and had been fidgeting for hours. 

I was putting the cookies on the counter when the doorbell rang and I almost dropped them. I took a deep breath and went and opened the door. 

There he was. And he was as gorgeous as ever and I couldn't remember ever being happier to see anyone in my life. I felt tears gather in my eyes and I wrapped my arms around him and sobbed into his shirt. I felt his arms circle me tightly and I swear I heard him sniffle a few times.

"Ren, I missed you so incredibly much. I... I'm... I don't even know what to say to you." he pulled away and his eyes widened as he saw my baby bump for the first time. He reached out hesitantly as if asking permission to touch our baby. I nodded gently and he tentatively placed his hand on my stomach. His smile grew and he grabbed my face between his hands and kissed me. 

I pulled out of the kiss and put my hands on his chest. "Are you back for good? Or do I still have to wait longer? I want to move back in with you and go back to being with you for good. This apartment you got me is so lonely. Baekho went overseas briefly and he's no longer around to fill my time."

his eyes narrowed and he clenched his fists. "you're still hanging out with that Baekho?" I nodded and took a step away from him but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me up against him. "There better not be anything going on between the two of you." I shook my head and my heart raced for the second time today, only for different reasons. "JR let me go, you're hurting me." he quickly let go of my wrist and got an apologetic look on his face. "baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I just... When I was in therapy for the first month I was angry at you and how you made me feel this way, and I thought all the pain I felt and jealousy that burned inside me was your fault and that you deserved to be punished, but as therapy went along, I realized that  I'm insecure and I'm so scared that you're going to abandon me like my parents have that I was trying to keep you away from other people so you wouldn't ever get ideas that you could leave. I wanted to be your only option so that you wouldn't ever be able to consider leaving me." 

I rubbed my wrists gingerly and turned away from him. "JR, I'm carrying our child. You can't hit me anymore. You'll hurt me; but more importantly you'll hurt our child. Do you want that? You promised me before you left that you'd be the best appa you could be. I hope you didn't lie." 

"no, Ren! Of course not. I just... I lost control for just a moment, but I stopped before I really hurt you and I won't do it again."

I turned back to him and let him come closer and hug me. He my hair and kissed my forehead and I sighed happily. "I made cookies. I know you don't really like sweet stuff but, I worked really hard on them." 

"then I'll eat them since you tried so hard. And then we can start packing for you to come back and live with me." 

********+***********+*+*****+*******+*+*+^+^+*+^+*+*+***+^+^*^+^=^*^+^*^+^*^+^*^+*^+*^+*^++*+^*+^*^+^*^+^*^+^*^+^*^^^+^^+^*^^*+^*^

Sorry for the wait! My liver started failing and I was in the hospital for a little while. Now that I'm out of the hospital and feeling a lot better can start updating more regularly.