From Heaven to...

Fade

It's been three weeks since Sangmin was born and he was already growing a little bit. He'd opened his eyes a few days after he'd been born and now he responded to my voice a little more and he sometimes made random noises at me when I was singing to him. I took him out of his crib and kissed his soft cheeks before bathing him. I dressed him in a blue onesie with blue booties that had little pom poms on them, and a matching hat. I heard the nursery door open and turned around and smiled at JR. JR kissed my forehead and gently took his son from my arms. I watched him tickle and hug our baby before handing him back to me, and I couldn't be happier that JR was actually trying to be a good appa. "I'm going to go to the office now. I'll be home by about 5:00 today, I'll leave early so we can actually have dinner together." I nodded and he leaned in to kiss me again, only this time on the lips. "I'll see you then. I'll make your favorites." He left soon after, and I decided to finally do some cleaning that had been put off for far too long. JR and I were very neat but lately the place wasn't as spotless as usual. I went to the living room and brought Sangmin with me. I put a blanket on the floor and placed him on top of it and put some stuffed animals next to him that he just poked and pushed at but he mostly slept or babbled and stared at the ceiling while I cleaned. 

I was halfway done cleaning the windows when I heard my doorbell ring. I picked Sangmin up and went to the front door wondering who it could be. I opened the door slowly and couldn't help smiling like an idiot when I saw it was Minhyun. I ushered him into the living room and quickly put away some of the cleaning supplies I'd been using. I sat down next to him and he put his arm around my shoulders and kissed my cheek. "It's been so long, Ren-ah. I've been busy and you've been trapped here with JR, I feel bad I didn't come to visit, but life really got in my way." He gently ran a finger across Sangmin's cheek and smiled at him. "Who is this little guy?" He took off his watch and his rings and I handed Sangmin to him and he cuddled him before putting him back on his blanket.

"We named him Kim Sangmin. He's so precious, isn't he? I never imagined that I could ever have my own kid, but I do and it's the most amazing thing in the world. JR is being a great appa too. He's home a lot more and he helps me when Sangmin wakes up in the middle of the night and he plays with him. He even gave him his last name and I'm so happy." Minhyun's face scrunched up when he heard JR's name and I put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, he's better now. He hasn't beat me in months. We had little...arguments, but he hasn't left bruises on me in a while." He eyed the bruises on my left arm that were from an argument we'd had a few days ago but I covered them quickly with my other hand and looked away. "I can't tell you how to live your life, but this can't be what you actually want. You're only 16 Ren. You're still a baby yourself and while I don't doubt that you'll be a great umma you have to think about what you want from your life. You dropped out of school, you have a baby, and you aren't even married to the father and he's abusive and not very faithful." I froze as he said the 'not very faithful' part. How did he know JR cheated? I never told him or Baekho about that...

"Minhyun... How do you know JR cheated on me?" He turned red and looked away. "Minhyun. Answer me." I was trying hard not to cry because as soon as he looked away I knew. "Tell me..." my voice was barely a whisper;I couldn't bring myself to speak any louder than that.

"It was an accident. Aron had just broken up with me and I'd gone to a bar to drink. JR came in with some friends from his workplace but when they left he stayed. At first, I was mad at him for drinking in some bar while you were sitting alone at home, but he brought up Aron and I broke down. I wasn't thinking straight. He touched me and it was exactly what I needed in that moment, some guy to just make it stop hurting. I realized that the person I was sleeping with was JR, but I didn't think about the fact that he was my friend's boyfriend, my pregnant friend's boyfriend. He said he was drunk, but I think it was more for him to justify his behavior. But when he came in me, he said your name. You...you were never supposed to find out. I'm sorry." 

It made me feel nauseous to imagine someone else touching my lover, the very idea that he'd been inside someone else had already hurt me when I found the love bites all over him, but the fact that he did it with someone who I trusted made it that much more painful. I couldn't hate Minhyun though...he was one of my best friends, and he was torn up about it too. He hugged me and I cried into his shoulder. "Ren, I'm so so sorry. I'm a horrible friend, I shouldn't have even let him touch me." I wrapped my arms around him too and I was hurt but I knew everything was going to be okay between me and Minhyun. 

The real problem was confronting JR about this.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

To say that dinner that night was awkward was an understatement. We had a stop-and-go conversation and Sangmin was really fussy. I didn't want to talk to him, but I didn't want to get into an argument with him yet, not while I still had Sangmin. We could battle it out after I'd given our baby his bath and he was tucked into his warm bed. That was the plan, but something went wrong at work for JR and he was in a bad mood. It's almost like he was trying to pick a fight with me and the more I didn't talk the angrier he became.

"Why aren't you saying anything? What's wrong with you?" I glared at him and shook my head. "No, JR, the real question is, what's wrong with YOU? You're trying to turn our peaceful dinner into a battleground and I don't want us fighting in front of Sangmin." He glared at me and he stood up from the table and stormed off to some other part of our house. I sighed and proceeded to clean up as best as I could while still attending to Sangmin and his needs. I took him upstairs and bathed him in his little baby bathtub, then I put him in his pajamas and I walked to his room. When I got to his room I gasped. Clothes, toys, books, and other objects were thrown everywhere and JR was sitting in the rocking chair we'd put in his room. I held Sangmin tighter to myself and froze. "JR, why did you..." He stood and walked towards us and I held Sangmin even tighter if that was possible. He gently put his hand on top of Sangmin's tiny head and put his other hand on my cheek. "Put him in his bed, Ren." His voice was eerily calm, and I knew that when he talked like that nothing good was about to happen. I nodded my head and moved away from him. I gently placed Sangmin inside his crib on his back and  rubbed his tummy until he was fully asleep before I turned around and faced JR. He beckoned me closer to him and I moved into his arms. "Who was here today? They left their watch."

"It was Minhyun."

"Why didn't you tell me he was coming over?" I pushed away from him and looked at my feet, drawing up the nerve to say what i really wanted to say to him.

"W-why didn't you tell me you slept with him?"


Dun Dun Dun.... To Be Continued! Anyway I hope you guys enjoy this update, sorry it's a cliffie, but the chapter was going to be way too long if I put the ensuing drama in this one. Anyway, any of you heard of 100% ? I Love them!!! Rockhyun is one of the most adorable things ever, other than our gorgeous Ren of course. His laugh cracks me up. Anyway their song Bad Boy is boss, so give it a listen if you care.