Just the beginning

Fade

Ren's POV

I giggled as Baekho put flour on the tip of my nose. We were making cupcakes in the large, ornate kitchen and we were making quite a mess while we were doing it. I grabbed a handful of flour and threw it at him, sticking my tounge out as he gasped in pretend shock. "Ren-ah, you're going to pay for this!" He reached out to grab me, but I ran to the other side of the island in the kitchen and laughed as he started to chase me. Inevitably, he caught me around my waist from behind and started to tickle me furiously. "Apologize and I will release you!" I tried to get words out but I was laughing too hard fpr coherent speech."Mianhe, Hyung! Mianhe! Llet me go!" He stopped tickling me and we both took a few moments to calm down, leaning against the island still laughing a little bit. 

I finally turned around and got a good look at the kitchen before looked down at myself and realized that there was more flour on the floor, Baekho and I than there probably was in the batch of cupcakes that was cooling on the counter. I felt my heart rate pick up a little bit at the thought of what JR would say if he came back to find such a mess everywhere. He'd been stressed out recently and it seemed  the littlelest things that I did would set him off. I hated feeling as if I had to walk on eggshells with him, just doing my best to avoid an argument but my efforts seemed to become more futile as time passed. 

"Hyung, we should probably clean up quickly and finish making these cupcakes. JR will be home soon, and he will definently not be happy with me if this kitchen is a huge mess when he gets back..." Baekho raised an eyebrow at my worried tone and then nodded. We finished icing the cupcakes and cleaning with no time to spare, because just as I put the last dish on the rack to dry, we heard the sound of the front door opening. I then remembered that I was still covered in flour. "Hyung, talk to JR for a little bit while I go change and freshen myself up. I don't want JR to see me like this!" he rolled his eyes but smiled and nodded. I rushed upstairs and put on a pair of pale pink skinny jeans and a white, light sweater that slid of my shoulders.

I rushed downstairs and JR was sitting on a chair in the living room, with his head resting on the back of the chair and his eyes closed. "JR-hyung?" My voice came out quiet and timid, because i didn't want to wake him if he was sleeping.

He cracked one eye open and smiled when he saw it was me. He sat up and patted his lap and I happily sat down on his lap. "Hey, how's my baby today?" I kissed his cheek shyly and smiled. "Good! I made some cupcakes today with Baekho-hyung. Where did Baekho go anyway?" JR got a strange look on his face and pushed me off his lap and onto the couch next to him before standing up. "He had to leave." But something in his voice told me that wasn't the case. "Where are these cupcakes you made anyway?"

"They're in the kitchen hyung! They're your favorite, red velvet with cream cheese icing." JR didn't usually eat sweet things, but when i made his favorite cupcakes, he would eat them like they were the last food on earth.

"You've been spending a lot of time with Baekho lately. I don't think you should have him over as much as you do."

"Why not? I love Baekho-hyung. He's one of my best friends, and anyway you're not home all that much so-" JR pulled me up to standing and wrapped his arms around me suddenly and I gasped but then melted into his embrace. "You don't need anyone but me. and I come home everyday Ren. I love you." I nodded into his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head. "but hyung, I need some friends, and you never let me go anywhere and i've known Baekho for such a long time, it would be weird not to hang out with him. Our relationhsip is so important to me, you know that." JR let go of me and before I could even react, he slapped me so hard I fell to the floor. I grabbed my cheek and I felt tears build up in my eyes. "I SAID, that you don't need ANYONE but me. Do you understand Ren?"

I whimpered and nodded quickly. He sighed and his face changed from the scary look, to the sweet, gentle smile I was used to and I felt myself calming down. He helped me up then pulled me against him again, my hair gently.

"Now, wipe away your tears and go get me one of those cupcakes you made."

OMO! Poor Ren is getting beat up by the big bad JR! Anyway, my authors notes will be down here so, i'll tell you anything i need to tell you down here. Did you guys know that it was recently Minhyun's and Baekho's birthdays? If not, it's not too late to wish them a belated birthday :) I'm so in love with Action. I can't stop watching the video for it, but Face will always have a special place in my heart <3 anyway, don't forget to comment, i will appreciate it! anyway, anticipate the next chapter, it will be here soon! Nu'est fighting!

Ahh, Ren is so CUTE!!