Sangmin

Fade

JR and I stood outside of the babies room and admired the wonderful job the painters had done in the room. We didn't know the gender of the baby yet so we'd chosen neutral colors. The room was brown and cream with hints of blue here and there. There was a white crib with a sheer curtain surrounding it. It was nothing short of beautiful and I felt tears gathering in my eyes because now everything felt very real. We'd stocked the room with diapers, wipes, clothes, toys, stuffed animals and anything else we might need for a baby. I'd started cleaning the house almost obsessively because I wanted everything to be perfect for my first child. "JR. It's perfect. It's amazing and I love it and our baby will love it too. There's only one little thing that we still need to figure out." He slid his arm around my back and kissed my forehead. 

"What's that?" I walked in my room and ran my hands over the blank name plate on the crib. "We still don't have a name for our baby."  JR shrugged and scratched the back of his head. "We'll think of something before you're supposed to have this baby. We still have an entire week before the baby is due" I nodded and headed downstairs to grab a snack. I was feeling pretty hungry because it was almost 5 at night and the last time I'd eaten was lunch. I grabbed an apple and reached into the cabinet to grab a knife to cut it up when suddenly I felt something break and liquid ran down my legs. I gasped and screamed. My water broke and I was suddenly in panic mode. I completely forgot what I was supposed to do now. I could 't think and I could feel myself starting to hyperventilate. 

(JR POV)

I heard Ren scream and I ran downstairs to check on him. What if he fell and hurt himself? "Ren are you okay? I heard you scream." There was liquid running down his legs and he looked really scared. "JR my water broke. I'm scared." I led him to one of the wood kitchen chairs and told him to take deep breaths while I went to go get the bag we prepped for this day. I grabbed my car keys then led him to the passenger seat. I tried my best to keep him calm during our trip to the hospital. He kept groaning, and I knew he must be in some kind of pain. 

We finally pulled into the hospital after eternity and we were admitted. I went into the room with him and held his hand. To say I remembered the birth of my child clearly is a lie. There was a lot of blood and screaming, and Ren squeezed my hand so hard at one point that I thought he was going to break a few of my fingers. When I saw my child for the first time though I broke down. He was beautiful. He was so tiny and he looked so...fragile. I was his father and it was going to be my job to protect him and love him for the rest of his life. 

The doctor looked at me and grinned. "Congratulations Mr.Kim and Mr. Choi. What would you like to name your child?" I smiled at Ren and waited for him to say something but he just shrugged and flushed. "How about Kim Sangmin. Our beautiful, healthy baby Sangmin." Ren smiled and relaxed into his pillows. He looked exhausted and I couldn't blame him. I slept over at the hospital for the three days required and then we finally got to go home. I was extremely excited to show our baby his home and carried him from the car for Ren because he was still recovering and still looked a little bit tired. I would've carried him too but Sangmin still need head support so I had to carry him with both hands. I was just happy to be an appa now and I hoped me and Ren could be good parents and make this work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so that seems like the end but its not. I'm going to write maybe one or two more chapter to show some after the baby stuff. I'm really excited for some of it actually. 

For a visual of the baby's room go here:http://freada.com/ideas-for-babys-room/neutral-color-baby-room-design/

for the baby:https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrWLGZJOrqGEDpLBtDKGOuVEUs0scrYMTBTVSvQsSujaaUFVQ5

and yes JR did sleep with Minhyun. But I didn't feel like destroying ren's friendship with them because he was already having a rough day... Anyway. Hope you enjoy and happy new year :)