Ch10 - On the Edge of Happiness: BaekYeol's POV

HunHan Love - BaekYeol's POV *Not being finished*

Baekhyun's POV:

Even though I was close to falling asleep when Chanyeol had woken me up I couldn't keep my eyes closed for more than five minutes. I had some feeling in the pit of my stomach that wouldn't go away. It started after he kissed me. His soft lips complimenting mine. It was so passionate and gentle. I wished all our kisses were like that. This constant forward motion was starting to make me sick. I hated all the dramatic situations that we were being pulled into. I just wanted to go back to the way we were before. Happy and hidden. Even if I didn't like being hidden for so long.

Before I knew it, it was 8 in the morning. How did I miss the sunrise? I was gazing out my window at the light pink sky listening to the rustle of members start to get up. We had all gotten to the point were there was no need for alarm clocks. It was a well known routine now to wake at 8 and get breakfast to start preparing for out later preformances. Groggily Suho had pushed himself out of his bunk softly shaking other people until they were fully awake. I lay in my bunk staring out at all of them. They slumpped around like a heard of elephants looking for water. The fresh sound of water running filled the back of the bus. The lot of them all took turns at the sink brushing thier teeth. I watched them go one by one, waiting for the end of the line from my bed. It came to my attention we were still missing someone.

Chanyeol, Sehun, Suho, D.O... no Kai. I let my top half hang over the edge of my bed to see the boy had fallen back asleep after Suho had nudged him awake. Climbing awkwardly out of bed I sat on the floor looking into his bunk. I shook him slightly waiting for him to open his eyes. No response. Rolling my eyes I punched his arm "Yah! Wake up, lazy!" I laughed with a bit to a snarky retort. He gave a long angered groan, giving me my first sign to run. Before I could turn to get away Kai snapped a hand around my arm.
"You little brat." He cursed looking half angry,
"I'm your hyung," My tone was more serious than it probably need to be.
"I swear if you ever wake me up again, I will shout out to everyone that comes to whatever show that you are gay." With that he threw my nagging finger back in my face. I was completely dumbfounded by his remark. My mouth was flopping open like a fish's but only incomprehensible noises left my vocals. Kai gave his signature smirk, "Hyung, I'm joking. Who would believe you're gay anyways?" He laughed pushing my shoulders making me fall onto my . I gave a small laugh tracing the line he was following to the sink. Stupid Kai, so oblivious. I bet he doesn't even know about Sehun. Saving myself the little heart attack I clung to Chanyeol's side. I knew that if I went to talk to Kai someway or another my relationship would be the topic, whether he knew about it or not.

Chanyeol towered behind me bringing his lips to my ear, "Baekie you okay?" His husky whisper diverted my mind frame. I gave an approving hum and nodded my head knowing Chanyeol's confused face rest behind mine. My mind was uneven still repeating Kai's almost threatening words in my head. What if he did find out? It was obvious he didn't know about Sehun. I could already see his reaction. First it would be shocked. He would pull some wide eyed, open mouthed, flabergasted look. Yeah, then he would have his tounge tied speaking nonsense and asking lots and lots of questions. And since it's Kai, he would then turn extremely unhappy with the fact Sehun hadn't told him sooner. His eye brows would furrow, his eyes would glint with fiery anger and his teeth would grit. Just thinking about all this I never knew how well I knew Kai. It was quite surprising to me actually.

Being so distracted and tired this morning, I hadn't even noticed that the bus was moving. The only reason I did notice was from looking at D.O. He had taken a seat infront of me staring out the window. His eyes followed every solid thing that passed. We were on the highway so everything was moving at a quick pace. When a tree would come into sight you could see D.O hesitate to keep his whole head from moving. It was mezmorizing to watch his eyes cursor back and forth so rapidly. Almost entrancing. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Kai crawling back into his bunk with Sehun pleading on the edge. Sehun looked as though he was trying to find something to distract his broken heart. He sat cutely with his arms and legs crossed shaking his body trying to pout. His bangs fell into his eyes and I saw them twinkle when he turned his attention to Kai's face.

Admittedly, Sehun's aegyo always worked on me. Watching his cheeks in while his bottom lip was fit snuggly between his sets of pearly whites always made me a victim to his every desire. He doesn't abuse the power though, that's why I am so accomodating. Even if Chanyeol hates it. It's only ever so often he pulls all that cutesy stuff on me. For Kai it's a different story. Kai's his best friend, but really that's quite obvious by how they act with eachother. They get on so  well and tell each other just about everything, at least I think so. Kai was always the one pressured into giving Sehun what he wanted, but it was always a little harder to win him over. After every practice Sehun would batt his long eyelashes begging Kai to take him out. It's still a wonder how he is never out of pocket money.

I saw a fingers of Kai's hand come withing my view. Faster than Sehun could look up, Kai gave an annoyed flick to his forehead. "Yah!" Sehun yelped collapsing both his head to his hit area, "Gosh hyung, I just wanted to lay down with you." Sehun stood up and backed onto his bed with a flop. He massauged his head easing the short pain. Out of his motherly instincts D.O waddled over to Kai's bunk settling down on his knees to scold him. I laughed when I saw D.O clunked him along the back of his head returning to his window. Unnoticably I stalked over to Sehun's bed. He was lying back still rubbing under his hair, cursing at Kai.

I took a seat on what used to be Xiumin's bed. "Lonely?" I asked single wordedly. Sehun nodded giving a seethrough smile. "I think you'll have to deal with my company again then." I stated holding my arms open. Sehun tried to smile once again sitting up properly.
"I just wanted to lay down with him, geez." Sehun mocked Kai hoping he wouldn't hear. Almost as if on cue, Kai spoke up,
"I heard that. You could've if you didn't start acting like such a little kid. Don't you think you are getting a little to old for aegyo?" Sehun opened and closed his mouth mimicking every word. Even when he was upset with his surroundings he never failed to pull a smile on other people's faces.
"Just because you are older than me by a couple months doesn't mean you can tell me what to do!" Sehun snorted. If it wasn't for D.O standing close to Kai's bunk I swore he would've taken Sehun down and wrestled him. They were like two toddlers sometimes.

Another hour and a half of harmless fighting between Sehun and Kai and we finally arrived at next arena. It was smaller than the other one's but still big enough to fit a circus. I smiled at the thought of preforming. Chanyeol, Sehun and I were the first to step off the bus. Our hungry stomachs were leading the way. Sneaking away from Suho's annual saftey ritual we headed for the small booths set up around the arena. Taking a seat Sehun went up to order for the three of us. Chanyeol followed his back until he was out of ear shot. "What was with Kai-shi this morning?" He asked very bluntly. I still had my eyes locked on Sehun's back as he spoke to the woman behind the register. She was just tall enough to look over and a light shade of pink covered her checks when she spoke. That was more than enough of a hint for me to click in she was a fan. "Baek," Chanyeol sang waving a hand infront of my face, I snapped my head his his direction. "You've been very distracted today, Baekhyun." I nodded knowing I wasn't paying as much attention to Chanyeol as I wanted to, and should've been.

"Sorry what did you say?" I asked giving my best set of innocent looking eyes.
"What happened with Kai and Sehun?"
"N-nothing? Honestly nothing happened. It was just friendly banter." I furrowed my eyebrows responding. Chanyeol brought a finger to his lips thinking.
"It didn't look like that." My eyebrows were furrowing harder than ever. Chanyeol always had some weird mindframe and only half the time I could understand what he was thinking, but right then I was completely lost. "Isn't it the more banter pulled into a relationship the more comfortable people are with you?" I nodded silently trying to find a lee way to follow Chanyeol, "And being as comfortable as we are, we banter about the same as Sehun and Kai..." He dragged the syllable in Kai. I still continued to sit absolutely lost from any recollection of Chanyeol's notion. "Urg, I think Kai likes Sehun."

It was mean of me to laugh at Chanyeol's suggestion but I couldn't help it. Kai liking Sehun? No, no, no. They were best friends. More than that, they were brothers. There was no way Kai liked Sehun in some romantic kind of way. Chanyeol squinted his eyes in some personalized sort of glare, forcing me to fold my hands over my giddy lips. Chanyeol was being weirdly serious about this. "He can't, Sehun has Luhan. He loves Luhan." Shrugging his shoulders he took as glance at Sehun while he walked back to our table hands full of food.

Chanyeol's POV:

Sehun distributed out food evenly letting Baekhyun and I start chowing down. He sat quietly only taking a couple nibbles of what he ordered. He hadn't gotten much for himself, just a bun and some green tea. If anyone knew anything about Sehun it was that his appitite shrunk massively when he went into a depressed state or got really stressed out. Baekhyun's hand found it's way to Sehun's back him comfortingly. The affection Baekhyun always showed for that kid was outstanding. Everyone who knew about the situation he was in felt sorry for him, but no one but Baekhyun took it to the standards where he would personally stay by his side. "You should eat," Baekhyun said in almost a whisper. Sehun ripped off a small piece of his bun chewing like a rabbit. The small smile that crept on Baekhyun's face from the small action made him look oh so proud to have Sehun listen to him. But I guess it was something to be proud of, Sehun didn't really listen to anyone other than Luhan and Suho.

Baekhyun and I finished our late breakfast dilligently and scurried back to the bus with Sehun. All the members, including EXO-M, were out infront of the two parked buses playing soccer. "Went out to eat without us?" Kai snapped. "That's not very fair. D.O, can you take me out?" D.O turned his attention away from the ball he was kicking and looked at Kai's pleading eyes. Xiumin slyly snatched the ball from his feet and ran down the other end of the 'field'.
"KAI!" D.O yelled in frustration.
"Please hyung, I'm sooo hungry!" He clapped his hands together holding them just below his chin.
"No," D.O retorted sternly resuming his position in the game. Kai folded his arms coming next to Sehun.

"How did you get them to take you out?" Kai's unhappy expression was making me smile. Sehun just shrugged silently, "Awh come on! You had to of pulled some aegyo. What'd you do? Bbuing bbuing?" Kai was poking fun at Sehun's methods of persuasion. Sehun stayed quiet trying to focus on the fast moving soccerball rather than Kai's bickering questions. "Hey, Chanyeol-hyung!" Kai called from the other side of the line of spectators. "Will you take me out for food please?" He dragged out his please for what seemed like five minutes, I didn't even get the chance to say no when he rushed his hands up to his cheeks. "Bbuing, bbuing?" Trying not to fall into his cute face I gave a no facing straight. I could see the strain Baekhyun was going through trying not to laugh at the younger. I nudged him with my elbow,
"Shut up," I smirked seeing his eyes peek up at me.

Tao tapped on Kai's shoulder before speaking, "Watch and learn." Baekhyun, Sehun and I also turned to about face Tao. "Kris-ge," He whined softly tugging on Kris' arm. "Can we please get some food, hyung? I haven't eaten all morning. It's already rounding noon anyways." Tao batt his big panda eyes looking directly into Kris'.
"I don't know, you shouldn't fill up too much before practice. You know what happens when you work too hard on a full stomach..." Kris tried to turn his eyes away but was noticably failing.
"But Kris-ge, I'm hungry" He tugged harder on Kris' arm and all of us could see he was about to crack. We all knew what came next, "bbuing bbuing" Tao's voice rang out throughout the group.
"Okay, we'll go." Kris caved and I laughed watching Kai's facial expression drop.

The rest of the awaken EXO-M members followed the two boys in hoping they could tag along on Tao's aegyo, leaving EXO-K to sit waiting outside the bus. There was a small smile pulled on Sehun's face. Kai punched his arm, "Yah! How do you two do it?! The hyung's never take me out!" Kai flailed his arms in the air from frustration. "How did you do it, huh? How? How? How?" Kai abused Sehun's chest with his nagging finger, both of them laughing. Sehun took a firm grasp on Kai's hands holding them shoulder's height away from both their bodies,
"I didn't ask them to take me out! They just did!" Sehun laughed at the glare Kai shot the two of us.
"Way to pick a favourite." He spat before pushing Sehun up against our bus. "You didn't even save me any!" Kai's playful smile was back. He held Sehun's arms at both sides of his head moving their faces only centimeters away.

Sehun turned his head, "All I had was a bun and some tea!" He laughed pushing Kai off of him and rubbing his wrists. Kai decided to change his target going straight for Baekhyun.
"Hyung~" His voice sang out.
"No," Baekhyun answered before Kai could even ask his question.
"But hyung~ I don't understand, you took Sehun!" Kai stompped his feet in a cute way.
"He's the youngest." Baekhyun replied simply.
"WE ARE THE SAME AGE!" Kai screamed jumping up and down like a child. Sehun and I burst into laughter watching him make a fool of himself.

Sehun turned to Baekhyun with a happy smile rooted to his cheekbones, "Hyung maybe you should just by him lunch. Look at all the trouble he's going through." He tried to reason with the stubborn Baekhyun. Kai was happily agreeing with Sehun from a distance. For such an independent dancer Kai sure relied on Sehun to retrieve things for him. I tuned out of Sehun's begging when Xiumin ran into the EXO-M bus. It only took a couple seconds for him to come back flying out followed my the newly awaken Luhan. He stumbled down the couple of steps on the bus looking over at Sehun. It was obvious they caught each other's eye because Luhan tried to run for the door of the stadium and Sehun no longer wore a smile. I felt bad for the two being seperated.

After hurrying inside I watched Luhan from a distance. I didn't want to look back and see Sehun's hurt face, or Baekhyun's questioning eyes. Kris swung his arm around Luhan's shaky shoulder. I had to hold myself back from wearing a face of disgust. He was dangerously close to Luhan and I could just imagine Sehun's eyes from behind mine ripping Kris to shreds. I saw Luhan reel close to Kris' face to whisper something when Baekhyun's voice filled my mind chamber. "Go ask Chanyeol!" He yelled at Kai. Kai was on his knees letting his fingers catch the end of Baekhyun's shirt. It was quite pathetic actually. Baekhyun snickered unlatching his fingers,
"Chanyeol-hyung! Please, I'm starving here!" He flung onto my shirt. He looked as if he was willing to kiss my shoes just to get a little bit of food.

The two of us were fighting off Kai's consistant attempt to appeal to our wallets. It came to a matter of yes versus no battles and Baekhyun looked like he was going to cave. Kai was strong willed and was determined he would not have to pay for his own meal if Sehun and Tao didn't have to theirs. "URG!" Baekhyun let out a groan in defeat, "You know what I'll just take you!" Kai leaped in the air higher than Baekhyun is tall.
"Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He repeated himself over and over squeezing Baekhyun in a crushing hug. I started my defensive rambling,
"We had him on the ropes! He was going to give up any second Baek! If you would've given it a couple more seconds you could've spared your cash." Kai glared at me and I earned a harm slap to the back of my head from Baekhyun.

"Yah! Don't take him!" I teased holding one of Baekhyun's wrists back. Kai had a tight hold on his other, pulling poor Baekhyun in the other directions.
"Chanyeol-ah!" The small boy whined probably being split in half, but I didn't let go.
"The kid can starve!" I laughed. Kai swatted at my hand trying to pry me off of Baekhyun.
"I deserve to eat too!" Kai forcfully tugged Baekhyun a little farther away.
"You just don't want to buy yourself!"
"I don't have money, aren't hyungs supposed to be nice to their dongsaengs!?"
"Not if their dongsaeng is a brat like you!"
"I'm just hungry!"
"Merong!" I let my tounge hang out of my mouth.

I bit down when I got an unexpected clunk on the back of my head. D.O moved to his next victim, Kai. He clipped his head with the palm of his head. Both Kai and I let go of Baekhyun's arms to hold our knew goosebumps. "Yah, D.O!" Kai cried out squinting his eyes.
"That's D.O-hyung to you!" He pointed a finger jokingly. Kai didn't bother respond before dragging Baekhyun towards the arena doors. The whole group burst through the door laughing and pushing trying to stop Kai from ering Baekhyun into lunch. Baekhyun and I were ramming into eachother playfully arguing. I'd batter at him and he's body check me. I'd smack him up side the head and he'd knee me in the thigh. It was a surprise neither of us had scares or bruises from eachother. I nudged Baekhyun while he was on the ball of his foot and he bumped into Kai. Instinctively he bounced back at me nearly knocking the both of us over.

Everyone was laughing at the two of us when Suho pushed us apart. He came between our bodies shooing Baekhyun off hurriedly. Silently he pushed me farther away from the group. My happy smile vanished when my eyes locked on Suho's serious and worried face. "Chanyeol, you need to keep it on a down low. You can't flirt with Baekhyun infront of Kris." His eyes hesitantly moved in the direction of a wide hallway where Kris and Luhan stood outside what looked like our dressing room.
"But-"
"No buts." Suho shook his head looking at me for forgiveness. I nodded hanging my head slightly. I could see Baekhyun doing the same out of the corner of my eye.

Suho gestured the group towards the same wide hallway Kris and Luhan stood. We passed by them without a word. I could already visualize Kris' dagger like eyes on Sehun and I's back and Luhan's upset shoulders sag. "Baekkie-hyung, I thought we were getting lunch?" Kai whispered irritatedly. I flicked his forehead pushing him infront of me. There was a full sheet of paper that read 'EXO-K' across it. Swinging the door open we laid eyes on what resources we had. A small sign left the seal of my lips when I saw our very limited space. It looked like the lot of us would have to change in groups of three. Orderly members started filing in looking for their practice clothes and sorting out their clothes for the show. The stylist noonas had set up their stations for hair and makeup so the room seemed very cluttered. How five of six members fit into the room, I don't know. But I did know that one who was missing was Sehun and Baekhyun was already snooping.

"Baekhyun, what do you hear?" I said pressing up behind him forcefully.
"I could tell you if you stopped talking!" He whispered harshly making me retreat a little. Pressing his ear harder against the door, his mouth hung open in his heavy concentration. "Something, something, something, Kris understands, something ... God, I don't know!" He stopped himself from banging on the door.
"Kris understands what?" I questioned, as if he knew the answer. This time I helped by listening through the door. Baekhyun looked so cute when he concentrated. He either had his mouth open the slightest bit with the tip of his tounge hanging out or he was bitting on his bottom lip letting his eyes roam. I watched him swap back and forth between the two curiously holding his hands to the door as well. I snapped out of my small fantasizing moment when I heard one simple phrase from the lispy mouth of Sehun. "Kris is okay with them?" I recited to myself not even paying attention to Baekhyun's giddy smile.

Baekhyun jumped around attracting everyone's attention in the small cramped dressing room. "Baekhyun-ah, settle down there's only so much room." Suho laughed holding Baekhyun's shoulders but it was no use. Baekhyun was at an emotional high for Luhan and Sehun. "Baekhyun!" Suho used a louder voice trying to calm Baekhyun's nerves, "Baekhyun, what are you so excited about?" He pressed hard on Baekhyun's shoulders forcing him to plant his feet on the ground. Baekhyun's giddy voice turned into a giggling whisper,
"They are back together," Suho rolled his eyes with a smile and patted Baekhyun's head.
"I know, I was there remember?" Baekhyun shook his head ferociously.
"No, no, no. Kris is letting them back together!" He whispered again watching Suho's face hit the floor.

Suho's hands slipped from Baekhyun's shoulders as if they were coated in soap and flattened against the door. Looking stunned he opened the door the slightest crack. Just enough for one eye to see what exactly was going on. Baekhyun and I fit our heads above and below Suho's in curiousity. There they were. Luhan's smaller body wrapped in Sehun's thin arms. Both with eyes closed enjoying the moment. I felt the cheekiest smile tugg at my lips and saw Suho and Baekhyun's teeth shine threw their own curved lips. Our brief moment of happiness for the two was broken when, "Hyung, I'm hungry!" Kai whined for the nth time. Letting out an annoyed groan I flicked my neck to the younger.
"I'll take you out in a sec," Baekhyun waved his hand carelessly trying to shake the boy off.
"What are you looking at?" Kai ignorantly questioned. Suho shut the door as quickly as possible.
"Not-Nothing." He answered in a stutter.
"Let me see!" Kai nagged trying to push his way through me. For our main dancer he was no match for my height. "Hyung~!" He whined again.
"You whine too much." I said under my breath,
"No I don't!" He caught and protested. I raised an eyebrow letting my shielding arms fall to my sides. Kai took advantage and ran past me flinging open the door.

They were gone. Thank god. I didn't want to know what would happen if Kai saw what we did. He would be weirded out to an extent, maybe even a little heart broken in my opinion. "There's nothing here?" Kai questioned spinning in circles staring at the ground. Baekhyun shook his head. "Okay, NOW can we go and eat?" He asked once again. Before I had the chance to smack him over the head for being so irritating Baekhyun agreed steping out of the room leaving me to stare at their backs until they rounded the corner.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*A/N: Not going to lie, I have no clue what I just wrote ... Hope you like it though! ^^

Comment what you think. No more random updating for me, going to try to do one a week. If I don't, feel free to badger me. With school coming up and my work ending it's gonna get a bit hectic and I may forget to write some days. :/

OH YEAH!! and to @hoyahahahaha all my hunhan scenes are in my original version of this story. I always update this story after because the other one follows HunHan around instead of BaekYeol and it's written in Sehun and Luhan's POV. (Link:http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/227965/hunhan-love-kpop-exo-luhan-sehun-hunhan)

Happy reading, Ship on.

-Aurelia