7 Days- (Seventeen) Heaven

7 Days

"And Your only guardian angel."




Kyungsoo feels the searing again.

Only this time, it burns so much he thinks it's going to take his arms apart.

He should have listened when Baekhyun told him about wasting energy on outspread wings, now he finds himself struggling to keep his buoyancy stable at light speed.

He doesn't stop though.


He won't.

And when he finally topples on the cold hard earth again, hand and wings skidding across the rough asphalt, he momentarily loses focus in front of him.


The only sense left is the bleakness of your soul.


He calls out your name.


But you can't see him.

____________________


You freeze, raised hand slowly descending.

You are very sure you heard a voice.

Not just any other voice.


Kyungsoo's voice.


You spin around, but he's nowhere to be seen.


"Kyungsoo..." You utter his name like a prayer.


It's not answered because he doesn't appear.


"Kyung--- "

A shattering of glasses shakes you from your stupor.

It's coming from across the street.


The pet shop.


The lights are on and there's barking. It's the white shepherd dog you saw the other day.

You cross the road instinctively.


The pet shop owner is holding up his hands and waving it helplessly at the person who is wielding a knife.

"Just... take what you need ok?! And go! Please!" You hear him plead when you near the windows.

The intruder looks drunk or drugged or maybe both, swaying and slurring as he spits out his words, "Gimme all ya got! Give.. gi-- "

The next moment the owner is on him, there's a struggle and then shouting and the two are fighting for dominance over the knife and the owner wins but suddenly the intruder slams his weight on him and... there's blood.


The owner is stabbed.

The white shepherd is barking and growling and the intruder sways again, holding the bloody knife in his hand as the owner crushes to the floor.

"Stop barkin' you shtupid dog!" He is clearly agitated and takes a swing at the shepherd, who yelps and cowers away, scratching and pawing at the closed glass door.

You see madness in the intruder's eyes as he tails the dog, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"Hey doggie... doggie..."


"Yeol..." The owner calls out falteringly.



Without second thoughts, you spring in front of the entrance and fling the door open. The shepherd bolts out and you are only in time to see the mad man taking another swipe at the dog but there's a blur and then you see his shock and more blood and... You feel the stinging pain.

You retreat backwards and s across your stomach where the pain is coming from and draws fresh red blood.

You are bleeding.

The mad man drops the knife and escapes.


You look down at yourself and see a gnash over your white shirt and blood all over you and your jeans. Your knees wobble and you keel against the glass door, hands wrapped around your stomach in a vain attempt to keep the blood in and the cold out.

It doesn't work.


And then you see him.

Beautiful and glowing in front of you, wings white like snow on his back, eyes still innocent and angelic like the first time you saw him.


Like a child.


And when he speaks, it's the same chocolate smooth voice you remember.

"Do you believe me?" He asks, one hand outstretched.


You give him the brightest smile you can manage.


"Yes."

You take his hand.


And Kyungsoo thinks that's probably how love sounds like.



Breathy, lovely and heart-wrenching.






















___________________


"In the end you really aren't the angel to receive her into heaven." Baekhyun chuckles.

"I think she's glad it's her own mom." Kyungsoo beams. "Well to be fair, I was the one who led her into the prayer of entrance though and carrying her halfway up."

"With a broken wing. It's almost embarrassing Yeol had to help you though."

"Did someone mention my name?" Chanyeol bounces into the room.


"You are not a dog anymore, Yeol, you can quit the prancing." Baekhyun groans.

"Well, I'm happy! When I'm happy, I prance! When you are happy, you sing! And when Kyungsoo is happy... " He turns to Kyungsoo, "What do you do, Kyungsoo?"


Kyungsoo just smiles.

__________________




"So... you can't fly anymore?"

You finger the stubs on Kyungsoo's back.

"Not if I want to crash, no... " Kyungsoo grins casually.


"That means you can't be a guardian angel now." You muse. "Sorry..."

"I'll just be Kyungsoo the plain angel."


He smiles, gaze softening as he holds you gently by the shoulders.

"And Your only guardian angel."


When he kisses you again, you know you truly are in heaven.

 




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -   The End - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

Thanks for reading!

I love you and so does Kyungsoo! ^^ Leave me comments! I appreciate and read every single one of them! ^^