7 Days- (Eleven) And no Kissing

7 Days

You really just are a big stubborn mule disguised as bambi, you know that?



Baekhyun isn't surprised to see the two of you saunter into the gelato cafe.

He is, however, bothered with the way the two of you look at each other, speaking softly then erupting into boisterous laughter at random.

It is all too familiar.

It's what lovers do.

And he knows Kyungsoo is madly in love with you more than he will admit.


He keeps his thoughts to himself for as long as greeting you with a smile and then waving as you announce your goodbye, making sure you are out of the door before he release them on Kyungsoo.


"You seem like the pliant kind when it comes to instructions, but you really just are a big stubborn mule disguised as bambi, you know that?" Baekhyun chides, but not unpleasantly.

Kyungsoo only looks at him with that familiar doe eyes.

"Why are you suddenly talking about animals here? And speaking of animals, did you just tell Chanyeol about me being... " Kyungsoo stops because he suddenly remembers it's still pretty embarrassing for him to admit he's a in love matters like these. "I mean, it's probably not a good idea to let Chanyeol know too much because he can't keep his mouth shut."

"Well, at least he's keeping mum about certain things now that he's a dog. He can't possibly just tell every one what he's thinking without freaking them out that there's a talking dog." Baekhyun shrugs.

"And as I was telling you, it's not a good idea to fall in love your mortal."


Kyungsoo feels his ears flushing hot at that statement.

"W-What do you mean? I'm just.. helping her get through these tough times and... make her understand there's still hope in this world."

"You are in love, Kyungsoo. Just... look at you." Baekhyun sweeps a hand vertically over him.


Kyungsoo blinks.

"I'm... still the same."

"On the outside." Baekhyun counters. "You are all mush and lush on the inside, probably seeing rainbows and stars when you see her. Heck, have you kissed her yet?"

"Have I-- What?" Kyungsoo's eyes double in size. "N-No!"


"Well, I'll have to compliment you for having that much self-control then," Baekhyun's mouth twists crookedly. "Being all alone with a girl in a house and all that, she's not exactly ugly, as you've noticed. She's really quite attractive in a way."

"I-- Yes, she is, no, hey! I'm not going to discuss this any further with you, you're crazy." Kyungsoo storms off to the counter to slip on his apron.

Baekhyun follows with his gaze, still standing at the same spot.


"Just... don't get any closer to her, ok? It will be even tougher for the both of you three days later." His tone serious this time.

Kyungsoo stops with the knotting of the apron and fixes his eyes on the other angel.

"And no kissing." Baekhyun finishes with a wry smile.


He yanks off the untied apron and flings it at Baekhyun who is now scurrying away, laughing as he waves, "I'm gonna go tell Yeol!"


________________


You fidget for the nth time as you try to concentrate on the novel in front of you, glancing up at the wall clock to see that it's still only a minute from the last time you look.

9.22 pm.

Kyungsoo should be knocking off work any time soon and that means getting home... to you.


You didn't go to the hospice today because the incident in the afternoon left you very much knotted in confusion and you had left the cafe only to see Baekhyun and Kyungsoo in some sort of serious discussion. You couldn't hear them but it must be something important because Kyungsoo is giving that boding look and you quickly left when he turned to walk to the counter, fearing he will see you. You wonder whether the "fixing some things" Kyungsoo mentioned the first time he met you has got something to do with Baekhyun.

You stayed home thinking it will aid in sorting things out.

It didn't.


You spent the last few hours running errands around the house, unable to concentrate long enough to finish each one but too restless to just sit there.


Being alone used to be fine. Bearable.

But now that you actually have company, the solitude seems even more stark when he's gone. The feeling of knowing how it is like not to be alone, makes you even more lonely when you are.


And now that Kyungsoo is coming home any time, you find yourself getting nervous.

It doesn't take long for him to come home right?

Maybe he's still cleaning up?

What if he's still talking to Baekhyun? About what?


You didn't finish that last thought because right at this moment, the door clicks and Kyungsoo walks through the door.



His face is still as radiant as you remember before leaving the cafe.

An easy smile over an innocent wide-eyed expression.


"Are you... waiting for me?"

You are glad he has to turn away and lock the door because you are already feeling a blush creeping up.


"I-- was just reading. It's too warm in the room." You answer haphazardly.


"Is it?" You hear a grin in his tone as he swings to face you, a small paper bag in his hands. "I believe I may be of some help there then."

You beam as he strides across the room, parking himself right next to you on the couch as he opens up the bag.

"Your favorite." He states plainly as he hands the mini ice-cream tub to you, a small wooden spoon in tow.


You brighten at the sight, receiving them with a soft, "thanks!" and opening the lid.

"You first." You offer the first bite to him as usual.


However, this time, he hesitates before taking it, beautiful plump lips closing over the tiny spoon, feeling too close to your shaky fingers that you are trying hard to keep still.

You dig a small portion for yourself and is about to put it into your mouth when Kyungsoo asks shyly, "D-Do you want to change spoons?"

Your hand stops short in mid-air.

"W-Why?" You almost squawk.


"I-- saw some customers in the cafe and... it's supposed to mean... something more right?" He says, one hand rubbing the back of his neck absentmindedly. You think you see a hint of pink on his face, but that must be just your eyes playing tricks on you because as of now, you are too dumbfounded to even think straight.

"O-Oh... " You mutter.

Then suddenly, his hands shot out in front of you in a cupped form.

"Drippin...!" Then there is a flurry of actions as you gasp at the melted ice-cream that has landed on your white over-sized tee whilst Kyungsoo snatches some serviettes from the paper bag to dab at the area and you quickly put the wooden spoon down to help him rub the stain off and...


Your eyes met.


The same tension seizes the both of you and Kyungsoo promptly hears the warning his friend has graciously reminded him just hours ago.


"And no kissing."

At that moment, Kyungsoo thinks he really must be a big stubborn mule disguised as bambi because... that's exactly what he's going do.