7 Days- (Ten) Time is never enough

7 Days

Time is never enough with him.





You return home after visiting the hospice to find Kyungsoo sitting cross-legged on the floor, several CDs splayed on the table and Brown Eyed-Soul's "My Story" playing in the background.

He's singing.

It's almost cliche but you really thought that's probably how an angel sounds like. Singing with soul and sincerity.


The night was spent listening to songs of the past and present, the two of you lost in time and space and each other.




Sunday- The 4th Day


It's weird because you always sleep in on Sundays, not waking up until 11 or 12 noon.

But you find yourself stirring and feeling refreshed from a good night's sleep, something you haven't noticed you missed since months ago and look up at the clock to realize it's only 9:30 am.


Kyungsoo, as always, is already up.

You slink quietly up behind him whilst he's watching the television, cupping a hand over your mouth to stifle your laugh when you discover what he's watching-- Pororo.


"That's my favorite show too, you know..."

Kyungsoo jumps, whirling around to find you standing with hands on hip, chuckling.

"When I was young." You add amusedly.


"Well you are still young." He smiles, "Do you want to watch together?"

It's painfully juvenile, but with Kyungsoo, everything seems doable and you figure since you've already climbed a mountain with him at 6:30 am in the morning, watching a cartoon seems comparatively mild.

You slip in next to him on the couch and stiffens when he suddenly reaches over you, then quickly relax when you realize he's just grabbing the remote control and handing it to you.

"If you want to watch something else." He quips.

You take over the remote and raise the volume.

"Nah, the President* is fine." You chuckle. He smiles and continues watching.


You vaguely notice the way his knee lightly touches yours at the tip and is quickly thankful the cartoon is capturing all his attention so he doesn't see your face that is now flushing hot.

___________________


"I'll introduce you to another friend later." Kyungsoo announces as the two of you finished the lunch you cooked together.

After watching the cartoon the two of you had headed to the supermarket and gotten some fresh ingredients for the week. He shared some know-hows with you on twists in recipes and the basket got heavier and the laughter lighter.

When he insisted on paying with his own money, standing before you to complete the payment, it almost feels like he's the husband and you, the charmed wife.


It's another few hours to his shift but you are already dreading the time apart.

Time is never enough with him.

It's like minutes and seconds whirs by with every word, every laugh, every accidental brush and touch.


"I didn't know you make friends so quickly. You've only been working there for a few days."

Kyungsoo just smiles.


You wonder who the lucky friend is. And most importantly, is it a guy or a girl?


___________________


"Your friend is a... dog?"

You scream in delight as the white fluffy shepherd bounces toward you and starts prancing in zigzags at your heels.


"His name is Yeol."

Kyungsoo snickers and bents down, holding out a palm before it. The large shepherd places its paw on the open hand and Kyungsoo closes his fingers around it, pumping it up and down like a handshake.


"Hello Yeollie!"

You imitate his action by offering your hand, but the dog jumps at you instead, tongue sticking out as if attempting to you.

"Hey, hey..." Kyungsoo pulls the dog back by the crook of its legs. "No touching."

"Aw, it's ok, he's such a cutie!" You coo and ruffle its head. The shepherd gives a contented sniff and sits down in front of you. "I haven't seen him in the pet shop before."


"Well, he's new here, apparently." Kyungsoo pats its shoulders like he does a human.

"He's a stray, we picked him up a few nights ago. It's so friendly and handsome." The pet shop owner explains. "Do you want to feed him? We've got some of his food back here."

"Can I?" Your eyes light up and you stand to follow the owner into the back of the store. "I'll be right back."


Kyungsoo and Yeol watch you disappear behind the door and the shepherd speaks first.

"She is pretty! Not pretty, pretty, but a quality about her that makes you look at her."

"Shh!! You are talking way too loud!" Kyungsoo puts a finger to his lips. "And yes, she is attractive in her own way."


"Ah, now I understand why you came down all the way for her. Baekhyun told me you've never been in love before, right?" The shepherd says it like it's the biggest secret he's ever heard and Kyungsoo is getting edgy because he's not one good at keeping secrets.

"Shh!! Will you keep it down? I-- "

There's shuffling again and they hear you coming back.

"Don't worry, I'll do all I can to help you, Bro." Yeol tries his best to whisper, which of course fails terribly. Kyungsoo is just glad he manages to shut up before you come into view and ear-shot.



"Yeollie! Here's your food, eat up! Eat well!" You lower the bowl of animal shaped biscuits onto the floor, squatting beside Kyungsoo who is half-kneeling before the dog.

The dog looks at Kyungsoo and then at you. In that split second, Kyungsoo sees his intent and is about to raise his hands to stop the shepherd when it suddenly lunges at you squarely by the shoulders, knocking you off balance and crashing into Kyungsoo's open arms.


The impact leaves the two of you sprawled to the ground, your back pinning against Kyungsoo's arm and you instinctively roll aside to release him but stops short when you find yourself staring at a startled Kyungsoo, eyes wide and wooing, his warm breath dangerously close and fluttering in your face.

Your gasp catches in your throat and you freeze.


Kyungsoo is having a hard time trying to pull his gaze away yet can't help but be fascinated by the way you look so... vulnerable and intriguing all at the same time.

The fact that your peach pink lips is only less than an inch away and your noses now almost grazing is not helping the loud, erratic palpitations in his chest. His mouth suddenly feels too dry, his mind too blank to react to anything.


"Yelp!"

The two of you breaks the engagement with the shepherd's excited call.

You scramble onto your feet and Kyungsoo blinks and shakes his head from the daze.


The shepherd leaps away, clutching its bowl of food by the teeth and settling itself by the corner, tucking in and watching the two of you like a spectator with popcorn.

"I-I'm sorry, are you alright?" You laugh nervously as he too, stands to his feet.


"Y-Yeah." He gives a coy smile and then to the dog, "Don't do that again."


The shepherd only yelps in return.


*Pororo is also known as the "President of the children" in Korea.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________

 

For those who are asking for it, is this romantic enough for u? Heehee~~~

by the way, I'm on lj as well, so if u prefer to read this in lj's format, it's here