Chapter 2

Butterfly to Butterfly ♡

...

~ 2 ~

...

 



Ten minutes before the meeting, the executive team of Mirotic Hotel sat in the hotel's meeting room and briefed Yunho on their current project of buying up Kim Holiday Inn.
 
"Kim Holiday Inn's financial situation is bleak, they are barely able to meet interest payments -"

"I've already read the report." Yunho interrupted impatiently. "Anything else?"
 
The executives fell silent. One cleared and spoke up nervously.

"Um.. The owner Kim Heechul, is said to be a very beautiful man. I've seen him for myself, and it is indeed true."

The team nodded vigorously in agreement.

Yunho frowned. What had become of the star executive team he had personally assembled two years ago?

Another female executive added excitedly. "I heard owner Kim Heechul has a son who recently graduated from business school, and he will be joining the meeting!"

Yunho scoffed. "So there will at least be someone who is literate in business. But no matter, a paper degree is hardly any news worth shouting over."

"Kim Jaejoong, age 22! Black hair with doe eyes and rosy lips! I saw his photo, he's even more beautiful than his father!" The female executive squealed loudly, momentarily failing to control herself.

"How would you know?" Her team mates questioned suspiciously.

"I spoke to owner Kim Heechul a few days ago, he bragged to me about his son and showed me his picture." She blushed with embarrassment at her colleagues' envious expressions.
 
"Hey. Repeat the son's name." Could it be? If it was really him, then this Jaejoong was quite something. Doing research right under Jung Yunho's nose in Jung Yunho's hotel and still able to score a dinner invitation with Jung Yunho before the business meeting even started. He should not be underestimated. Looks like Kim Heechul had an ace up his sleeve after all.

"His name is Kim Jaejoong, sajang-nim."

...

The meeting room doors burst open and Kim Heechul swaggered in, dressed in an ornate silk robe and bath slippers. His brown hair was tied in a messy but stylish ponytail, and he waved his hanging fringe out of the way as he sat himself down imperiously. One word that came into everyone's mind was - diva. He was old enough to have a twenty-two year old son, yet looked not a day over twenty-two himself.

His son Kim Jaejoong followed behind clad in, Yunho noted with relief, normal looking office wear. Although to say his clothes were normal was an understatement - all clothes would look amazing when worn by that angel. Despite the harsh light of the meeting room, Jaejoong still managed to look better than Yunho remembered last night.

"Good afternoon." Jaejoong smiled and bowed his head slightly as he took a seat next to his father. He had the decency to look slightly apologetic as his gaze met Yunho's.

Yunho's expression was cold and he barely acknowledged the greeting with the slightest of nods. Business was business and he would not be distracted by this cunning beauty.

"It's not a good afternoon!" Heechul snapped waspishly. "I had to interrupt my milk bath because of this meeting! I wouldn't be here if my lovely son didn't ask me to come, so get on with it!"

Yunho was unperturbed as he had met with his fair share of eccentric businessmen during the course of his work, although this Kim senior was almost pushing the limits. He signaled for his executive team to start.

"We'll go straight to business then. Your hotel is barely able to meet its debt payments, at this rate it will likely fold in less than a year. If we cannot reach an agreement, Jung Corporation can easily buyover your debt from Seoul National Bank and your hotel will be subject to our terms of credit. Or you could accept the good price we are offering for your hotel."

The speaking executive implored Heechul persuasively. "It will not be good if Jung Corp ends up as your creditor, so you should seriously consider selling now. The price we are offering is very reasonable, taking into account the state of your hotel. You'll be able to start your own small business and buy your own house with the money."

The elder Kim frowned angrily and glared daggers at the pleading faces of the executive team, who genuinely wanted what was best for both their's and the beautiful Kim Heechul's company.

"You'll need my signature if you want me to sell my hotel, and I'd rather cut off my fingers! If I have no fingers, I won't be able to sign anything!"

The executive team were momentarily rendered speechless by Heechul's strange argument. Yunho cleared his throat and prepared to speak, when he was cut off by Heechul.

"My hotel has been with my family for generations! It's the home I stay in! I won't sell!"

He pointed a regal index finger at Yunho haughtily. "I know you. Jung Yunho. I went to the yahoo and googled you. Do not think you are great because your company is big, kid! I won't sign anything! Don't make me cut off my own hands!"

Several members of Mirotic Hotel's executive team were now trying to stifle their laughter at the rare sight of their stoic boss being told off.

Yunho was considering telling them off when Heechul suddenly bent over, his hand clutched to his chest wheezing from his angry outburst.

"Appa!" Jaejoong held his father's arm and rubbed his back tenderly. "I'll handle this appa.."

"My lovely Joongie, you care for appa like always!" Elder Kim's coughing stopped and he stared happily at Jaejoong's loving face.

"Of course Appa, you can count on Joongie!" Jaejoong smiled comfortingly.

Yunho felt the room turning brighter for a cheesey cliched moment when the angel smiled and mentally kicked himself. Here comes the counterattack. He steeled himself as Jaejoong turned to him with a determined expression.

 


...

 



Jaejoong started his speech.

The room's occupants stared unabashedly at what looked like an angel descended from heaven, mesmerized by the lovely hypnotic voice coming from his plump red lips. A few of the executives had their mouths hanging open, oggling shamelessly.

Yunho grimaced.

After a few minutes, it finally got through to the entranced executives' brains that the angel was spouting almost the same kind of nonsense as his father Kim Heechul. However they kept reverently silent, grabbing the opportunity to continue staring at the very cute young man.

"Therefore," Jaejoong said in conclusion, "If Appa has no fingers he cannot sign anything so please leave his hotel alone!"

Jaejoong breathed deeply at the end of his speech, looking earnestly at his rapt audience. Next to him, Heechul had his chest puffed out proudly and gave his son a loving congratulatory pat on the back.

Yunho looked at the beautiful father-son duo and inwardly face palmed. A college education certainly could not override the strong hereditary characteristics of Kim senior and junior. Jaejoong had not only inherited his father's alluring good looks but his abominable business incompetency as well.

Should I laugh or cry now? Yunho wondered briefly before settling for his usual cold business poker face.

"Your decision?" Yunho snapped at his subordinates.

"Ah... Yes Sajang-nim, please give us a few minutes to discuss."

The executives gathered in a huddle and whispered among themselves.

Yunho was slightly startled when he felt someone having the audacity to tap on his sleeve, and he turned to see Jaejoong who had rolled over in his meeting room chair.

"Yunho-ssi.. Are you okay? You look like you have a tummy-ache.." Jaejoong whispered concernedly.

Yunho sighed deeply.

"... I'm fine, you?"

"Yea..." Jaejoong smiled hesitantly and looked down.

"I was researching your hotel in the bar yesterday, sorry.."

".... I realized. Scoping out the competition is a must if you want to build a successful hotel. I don't mind it."

Seeing Jaejoong's smile widen a fraction, Yunho could not resist adding a compliment, just for the heck of it, he told himself.

"You sure learned your stuff well from business school."

Yunho winced inwardly as the line came out sounding sarcastic with his too often used cold business tone.

Jaejoong did not seem to notice and raised his gaze, eyes shining happily at Yunho.

"Thank you Yunho-ssi!" He bit his lip and paused a few seconds, before asking. "By the way, the dinner tonight, with me.. Do you still want to.."

Yunho couldn't help softening at the way Jaejoong's uncertain voice trailed off.

"Yea. I'll see you tonight. Go back to your seat, your Appa is glaring."

Jaejoong nodded obediently and rolled his chair back next to Heechul, just in time for the executive team's decision.

A representative for the team cleared .

"After much consideration, the team has decided that we will need time to discuss the legal implications of business owners severing their own limbs. We therefore suggest another meeting next week, so both parties will have enough time to do more research and think over their decisions."

Yunho eyed the team suspiciously but kept silent. They would face his rightful judgment when he sees the result of their finished project.

"Okay." Jaejoong agreed. "Can we arrange the meeting in the morning so Appa can have his milk bath to relax after?"

"Of course Jaejoong-ssi!" The executive team chorused happily.

Yunho rose and strode out of the room. He could take no more of this for the day.

 

...



The executive team's eyes followed Yunho as he walked out and once the meeting room door closed, they scrambled out of their seats and huddled around Kim senior and junior.

"Heechul Oppa!" A female executive cooed sweetly.

"Yea?" Heechul snapped grouchily, glaring at the team's fawning faces.

"Since the meeting is next week, can I stay at your hotel for the next 7 days?"

"Us too!" The other executives piped up, pushing each other away to get closer to the Kims.

"Joongie, I want to reserve a room! Can we exchange handphone numbers?"

"Of course!" Jaejoong smiled and took out his phone.

"Us too!" The other executives piped up again and swarmed around Jaejoong waving their handphones frantically.

"Why don't you stay in your own great Mirotic Hotel?" Heechul scowled as he nudged away with his fluffy slippered foot an executive who was leaning too close.

"But we want to stay in the same hotel as milky skin Heechul Oppa and lovely angel Joongie!" The fawning executives praised shamelessly.

The corners of Heechul's frowning lips curled up into a smug grin. "Fine."

 "Joongie is like a doll!" They started pinching and prodding Jaejoong's smooth creamy cheeks. "So pretty!"

Heechul glared at them sourly. "Whoever touches Joongie again will be banned from my hotel."

All hands immediately snapped back obediently.

 


...