Chapter 1

Butterfly to Butterfly ♡

...

 

~ 1 ~

 

...

 

Yunho picked up one of the latest reports and leaned back into his luxurious leather chair. With furnishings of the highest quality mahogany, walls decorated by expensive paintings, the spacious office room was dripping with luxury, just like its owner. Decked in a custom tailored suit by Gian DeCaro, a Patek Phillipe timepiece shining snugly on his wrist, the handsome man crossed his legs lazily.

 

Jung Yunho, age 28, CEO of Jung Corporation. The board of directors were understandably skeptical at first, when the Chairman expressed his wish to appoint his young son as CEO. Two short years after his appointment, Jung Corporation was now one of the largest conglomerates in Korea, with sizeable stakes in almost every major industry. As for Yunho, he was now recognized as one of the country's top businessmen, and coupled with his model-good looks, interviews with the country's most eligible bachelor were highly sought after by both business and women magazines alike.

 

"Next target - Kim Holiday Inn." Yunho mused softly to himself as he scanned through the file's contents.

 

The case was simple. Jung Corporation had been venturing into the hotel business lately under the brand name of Mirotic Hotel. Mirotic Hotel's newest branch was doing extremely well and had the need to expand. Yunho had singled out the neighboring plot of land, currently owned and occupied by Kim Holiday Inn. The small family-run hotel had atrocious financials since forever, and it sure did not help that Mirotic Hotel set up a branch directly next door.

 

The owner of Kim Holiday Inn was a middle-aged man, Kim Heechul, who according to the report had "horrible grasp of business and extremely low affinity with technology." Yunho raised a well-groomed eyebrow at his subordinates' chosen terms. It almost seemed like magic that the hotel was still running. Judging by the hotel's near-dismal debt situation, Jung Corp would easily be able to snatch up Kim Holiday Inn and its land at a heavy discount.

 

Despite the project's relatively small scale, Yunho decided on a whim that he would personally oversee the Mirotic Hotel executive team and evaluate their efficiency. It had been some time since he attended one of their meetings but he wasn't too worried. They were a crack team of brilliant young executives whom he had personally handpicked two years ago. Against a tiny company, it was overkill really.

 

His lips curved up in a cold smile. He was looking forward to the meeting with the Kim Holiday Inn shareholders tomorrow, it would be a walk in the park. Heads would roll if the team dared to mess up such a straightforward task.

 

...

 



Yunho stepped into the bar of Mirotic Hotel and leaned casually against the counter as he concluded his rough survey of the hotel. He decided in satisfaction that the place was doing well as expected. When the neighboring unlucky hotel was shut down, the expansion of this Mirotic Hotel branch would definitely increase turnover considerably.

He turned to the hotel manager, an attractive lady in a tight pencil skirt which drew attention to her curves.

"Manager. I will be joining the meeting with Kim Holiday Inn tomorrow. Get my suite ready, I'm staying over tonight."

"Of course Sajang-nim, your suite is always ready." She gazed at Yunho suggestively from under her lash extensions, her voice low and sultry. "Would Sajang-nim like any company tonight?"

Yunho took another glance around when he caught sight of an angel-like figure sitting alone, slumped on a couch at the back of the bar. She had the most kissable lips he had ever seen.

"No, carry on with your work." Yunho dismissed the manager, not taking his eyes off the angel. He swept his gaze downwards and noted with mild surprise at the toned milky chest revealed by the angel's deep V collar shirt. So the angel was male. And prettier than females, Yunho thought.

The young man was staring attentively at his laptop balanced on his thighs. In the dim back lights, the brightness from the screen of his laptop illuminated his features, giving his face an almost ethereal glow.

After a considerable time of staring, the young man felt Yunho's gaze on him and raised his eyes. Blinking his doe eyes innocently, he gave Yunho a small nod before returning his stare to his laptop.

Yunho smirked to himself. It had been awhile since someone was so indifferent to his presence, and he felt his interest being piqued.

He strode over purposefully to the boy like a predator stalking its prey, eyes roving appreciatively over his target. Up close, he was even more alluring, his raven black hair framing his pretty face delicately.

The boy suddenly looked up again at Yunho's close proximity, his angelic features mildly questioning as the older man sat himself smoothly in the opposite chair.

"I'm Jung Yunho, CEO of Jung Corp."

The boy did not look surprised. So he knew who Yunho was.

"Are you enjoying your stay in my hotel?" Yunho smiled charmingly and was rewarded by a slight flush on the boy's cheeks.

"Ah.. I'm not staying in this hotel, I live nearby." The boy sat up slightly and peered up at Yunho with his pretty doe eyes. "I just came here to do some work on my laptop. Is that okay with you, Yunho-ssi?"

"Hmmm.." Yunho narrowed his eyes slightly as he studied the boy's face. Was he actually trying to use a cute puppy look on the Jung Yunho? It worked anyway.

"If it's you, I guess it's okay." Yunho stared intently into his eyes.

"Thank you Yunho-ssi.." The boy giggled cutely and smiled, before lowering his gaze to his laptop yet again.

Was his laptop really more interesting than having the great Jung Yunho seated opposite him? Yunho frowned slightly.

"Tell me your name?" Yunho brought into play his signature low y voice that ladies would kill to hear. The boy shifted in his seat.

"... Jaejoong." He whispered shyly after a pause.

"It's a cute name." Yunho smirked as he observed the boy his lips nervously.

"So how old are you, are you drinking legally?"

Jaejoong's eyes widened for a moment and he raised a hand to cover his amused smile.

"I'm 22!" Jaejoong giggled cutely again. "I look young right?"

"Mmm.." Yunho made a non-committal sound. "I might need to check that."

"I'm really 22 Yunho-ssi!" Jaejoong pouted as he snapped his laptop shut.

"I have to go now.. I'll come back here tomorrow!" Jaejoong smiled brightly at Yunho and stood up.

Yunho reached out and pulled Jaejoong's arm as he walked past, causing the younger boy to bend, their heads almost touching.

"Join me for dinner tomorrow. I'll meet you here at 7." Yunho whispered seductively into Jaejoong's ear.

Jaejoong's breath caught as he felt Yunho's hot breath ghost past his ear, and he nodded timidly.

"Good night." Yunho released the nervous boy, who hugged his laptop tight against his chest and hurried off.

 

 ...