Chapter 17

Butterfly to Butterfly ♡

...

~ 17 ~

...



Fiddling with his seat belt strap, Jaejoong glanced sideways every now and then at Yunho, lowering his head shyly to stare at his lap when caught in the act. He wondered how he should start a conversation with Yunho. How are you Yunho? I am doing fine Yunho.. Do you miss me Yunho? I miss you too Yunho.. Are you eating your breakfast every morning Yunho? Yunniebear and Jaelephant miss you-

"Yah, I asked you how was school today!"

Jaejoong's head snapped up at the sound of Yunho's voice and stared wide-eyed at Yunho's annoyed looking side profile. Seeing the man he had been missing so much the past week up close, he was suddenly flustered and self conscious, and all the questions and answers he rehearsed earlier fled from his mind. He had almost forgotten how captivating being around Yunho was, and right now he was an arm's length away from the handsome man who had a hand on the steering wheel and frowning eyes trained on the road ahead.

His mouth opened and shut silently as his brain scrambled to think of a proper response before the silence dragged on too long and became awkward, but it was too late.

Jaejoong caught sight of an irate look flashing across Yunho's face before he forcibly schooled his face into a neutral expression with an exasperated sigh. "You don't want to talk to me Jaejoong?" Yunho asked as he glanced at the silent younger boy for a moment before turning his gaze back on the road. "You could have said if you didn't want me to come along to your ice cream trip."

"It.. It's not like that Yunho!" Jaejoong finally voiced out, his fingers tightening around his seat belt nervously. "I want you to come along.." His voice lowered into a whisper as he returned his stare downwards to his lap.

"Why are you so quiet then?" Yunho questioned, unconvinced. "You used to have problems keeping your mouth shut didn't you? Always going Yunnie this and Yunnie that."

Biting his lip, Jaejoong hesitated for a moment before replying softly. "I can't call you Yunnie anymore, Yunho. Only your lover can call you Yunnie.."

Yunho gave a dry chuckle. "No actually. My ex-lovers didn't. Only you call me that, Jaejoong."

As the inside of the car was enveloped in awkward silence yet again, Yunho gave a resolute sigh. "It was cute when you called me Yunnie, I guess." He grudgingly admitted.

Jaejoong tried but could not bring himself to smile at Yunho's admission about the pet name. Instead he felt his insides twisting painfully on hearing Yunho's casual remark about having past lovers before him. He had never dared to ask Yunho about his previous relationships, too afraid that the answers would leave him jealous and sad.

The car slowed to a halt as they reached their destination, and Yunho reached over Jaejoong's smooth cheek ever so lightly.

"Jae.. What's wrong baby?" He asked gently, concern evident in his voice.

His eyes squeezed tightly shut, Jaejoong took a few deep breaths before the words left his trembling lips. "Your ex lovers... How many...? Do you still.."

"Aish." Yunho sighed again and leaned over to the passenger seat, pulling the upset boy into a tight embrace. "Baby... Jae..." He whispered, pressing a kiss on Jaejoong's forehead before moving his head lower to his ear.

"There's only one ex lover I care about, and he's in the car with me now." His comforting low voice sounded near Jaejoong's ear while one of his hands the smaller boy's soft hair gently.

Jaejoong choked back a tiny sob and caved in to his feelings, throwing his arms around Yunho's neck and silently clinging on to him for dear life. He nuzzled his face into Yunho's shoulder for some time before resting his head on Yunho's chest, closing his eyes and breathing in the musky scent of cologne he loved so much. Maybe.. Maybe everything would be alright now, he thought to himself. But first he still had to tell Yunho about Siwon, that the Choi heir was just posing as a fake boyfriend.

"Yunho..." Pulling back slightly from the embrace, Jaejoong stared up into Yunho's eyes, whispering hesitantly. "About Siwon... He.."

A ringtone sounded loudly, cutting Jaejoong's words off. Yunho sighed and leaned back into his seat, ruffling Jaejoong's hair apologetically with one hand and fishing out his phone in the other. "What do you want?" He snapped coldly into the receiver.

Fiddling nervously with his fingers in his lap, Jaejoong tried to gather his courage for the confession. He wasn't sure how Yunho would react to being lied to about Siwon.

"Now?"

Jaejoong sat up slightly in alarm and his eyes met Yunho's for a split second before Yunho turned away frowning.

"I'll be there in ten."

His heart sinking, Jaejoong pointed his gaze outside the car window, the unfairness of the situation filling him with disappointment. He didn't have to hear Yunho's next words to know that he was going to stand him up for work.

"Jaejoong, I have to go. It's urgent." Yunho said as he got out of his car, walking over briskly to Jaejoong's side. He held the passenger door open, signalling impatiently for Jaejoong to hurry out. "I'll just go in and explain to your father and then I'll-"

"You said you cared about me Yunho!" Jaejoong stared up accusingly, tears threatening to spill out of his eyes.

"I do, Jaejoong." Yunho deadpanned, trying to keep calm while unhooking the seat belt off the stubbornly unmoving boy. Of course he cared, he wouldn't allow anyone else to get away with using such an impudent tone towards him.

"But you care about work more!" Jaejoong pushed Yunho's hands away, biting his lip angrily for a split second before stepping out of the car. "Work is always more important than me. Just go Yunho."

Yunho sighed, frowning as he ran his fingers through his hair. It was starting to get challenging keeping his frustration in check. "It's not work, Jaejoong. Not really."

"Is it..." Jaejoong moved close to him, curling his fingers timidly around the hem of Yunho's blazer. "Is it a date, Yunho?"

Just one look at the suddenly vulnerable expression on the beautiful boy's face, and the pleading uncertainty reflected in those deep doe eyes, Yunho felt his anger leaving him instantly.

"It's Park Yoochun, he wants to meet me," he explained gently, lifting his hand and rubbing his thumb lightly over Jaejoong's fingers.

Jaejoong gave a small gasp, peering worriedly at Yunho. "Yoochun? Why? Let's go Yunho, I'll go with you-"

"No, Jae." Yunho said, using the same chiding tone he had always used when trying to persuade Jaejoong. "I'll handle this. You go enjoy your time with your Appa, okay?"

"But Yunho, I'm worried that-"

"I'll be fine." He cupped the protesting boy's cheek and pressed a kiss to his forehead, silencing him. "I'll call you when I'm done, so don't worry."

...


"Hyukkie!" Donghae whispered as he half covered his face behind the ice cream menu and kicked his lover Eunhyuk's legs under the table. "Hyukkie! Hyukkie! Look over there!"

"Eh?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow.

"No wait, turn around! He might recognize you!" Donghae grabbed another menu and pushed it into Eunhyuk's hands. "Bend your head down! Let me just get my camera ready."

He fiddled with the watch on his wrist, pressing some buttons and activating the secret camera on the watch face.

Opposite him, Eunhyuk frowned in annoyance. They both had a day off together and finally had the time to date, but sometimes his lover Donghae took his job as a gossip magazine journalist too seriously.

"It's not for work, I need to tell Hee-nim that his ex lover and current mortal enemy Hangeng is in Seoul!" Donghae explained as he adjusted his wrist to get a better camera angle at the Chinese man sitting alone at one of the ice cream palor's booths.

Oh so that was Hangeng, no wonder he looked familiar, Eunhyuk thought. It was the guy who used to hang around Kim Holiday Inn with Heechul many years back. He had never bothered much with remembering their faces; his mind was always on what he was going to do to Donghae in Kim Holiday Inn's hotel rooms and private bath-house rooms.

"I wonder what Hangeng is doing here.. He's been doing well in China lately with his mafia business.. I know because Hee-nim pays me to dig out his info sometimes.. Omo!" Donghae gave another excited kick to Eunhyuk. "That's the CEO of Jung Corp, Jung Yunho! Looks like he's buddies with Hangeng! This is a big scoop, Hyukkie!"

"Mm hmm.." Eunhyuk sipped his milkshake, nodding uninterestedly at his gossipy lover's whispered exclamations.

"They shook hands!" Donghae continued his commentary. "Now Jung Yunho is leaving. Whoa! Hee-nim's precious son Joongie is here too! He's hugging Jung Yunho! Hee-nim's gonna pay me big for this!"

"He'd better, you've been using my credit card a lot lately." Eunhyuk grumbled.

Donghae spared Eunhyun a guilty glance for a second before returning his attention to that particular table, where Hangeng was now trying to feed Jaejoong ice cream. "Don't worry Hyukkie! This scoop is gonna be my big break!"

...


"Hee-nim!"

"Donghae. Need a free stay at my awesome hotel again?" Heechul drawled arrogantly into his phone, clicking pause on the drama playing on his laptop.

"You'll be offering me a lifetime of free stays when you hear of my latest scoop!"

"Oh? Surprise me." Heechul purred.

"I have video evidence... Of Hangeng and Jung Yunho meeting up!"

"What?!" All traces of humor gone from his voice, Heechul sat up frowning angrily. "Send it over. I'll pay twice the usual fee."

"Not so fast.." A chuckle was heard over the phone. "What if I told you that your son was there as well? Hmm.. The tabloids will go crazy with a picture of Jung Yunho hugging your pretty Joongie! You'll need to pay much more than that to keep this off the press!"

Jung Yunho, you... Heechul mentally growled. "How much do you want then?"

"How much can you offer? I bet Jung Yunho would pay more to get this video huh!"

Heechul was silent for a moment, stewing sullenly at this turn of events. This minion Donghae needed to be taught a lesson.

"... Sorry Hee-nim, Hyukkie has been complaining about me using his credit card too much.. And I need to stay on his good side so maybe he'll let me top.. I'm always the bottom you know, I want to top-"

"Hey Donghae. I've got a cool video too. I'll let you listen to the audio preview."

Heechul pulled out a folder on his laptop and clicked on one of the videos, turning the volume to maximum.

[[ Ohhh yeah Hyukkie!! Harder!! More Hyukkie more! ]]

[[ SMACK ]]

[[ How's that you ####, you like it when I #### you don't you! ##### ####!!! ]]

[[ SMACK ]]

[[ YES!! YES HYUKKIE!!! ####!!! AAAHHHHHH~!!! ]]


There was silence when Heechul finally stopped the video.

"Great video isn't it? It's called EunHae019."

"........ Hee-nim, the usual fee is fine."




...



The limousine stopped a street away from Kim Holiday Inn, and two figures stepped out. The smaller figure hugged the taller one tightly, pleading. "Hannie Appa.. Won't you come back? I know Chullie umma misses you no matter how much he says he hates you..."

"I know Joongie. I miss him too, but it's not a good time for me to meet him. I'm going back to China tonight." He bent down and held Jaejoong's face between his hands. "I'll be back soon, and I'll make things right, so for now don't tell Chullie we met up, okay?"

Jaejoong pouted and nodded reluctantly, scrunching his nose as Hangeng ruffled his hair fondly.

"You'll have to walk back home yourself, any closer and I'll risk being seen by Chullie. Goodbye Joongie."

"Take care, Hannie appa..."

Jaejoong hugged his new Hello Kitty plushie close to himself as he watched Hangeng's car drive off and disappear in the distance, before beginning his short walk back to Kim Holiday Inn. His thoughts were on Yunho since their parting earlier, and he worried so much he could not fully enjoy the ice cream treat with Hangeng. Reaching into his pocket for his phone, he decided resolutely that he would call Yunho instead of waiting for his call.

Please pick up, he whispered to himself, waiting nervously as the ringtone sounded again and again.

"Jae.. I said I'd call you."

Jaejoong breathed a sigh of relief. Yunho sounded fine. A little annoyed, but still fine. "Sorry Yunho.. I was just worried for you..."

"You were?" Yunho's voice over the phone softened. "It went fine. I was going to call you soon anyway. Where are you? Need a lift?"

Jaejoong shook his head absentmindedly, forgetting that Yunho couldn't see. "I'm near my house, I'll be home soon.. Yunho.. Can you.. Can you tell me what happened?"

"Hmm, have dinner with me and I'll tell you over the meal." Somehow Jaejoong felt that Yunho's voice was sounding somewhat teasing over the phone. He decided that since he was already out late it wouldn't hurt to stay out more. He would text Heechul that he wouldn't be back for dinner after this phone call.

"Okay.. Where?"

"I'm nearby, I'll pick you up at your hotel."

"Um.." Jaejoong hesitated again. It wouldn't do to have Heechul spot him getting into Yunho's car, especially since Heechul had spent so much effort planning and coordinating his revenge plan on Yunho. "Can you pick me at the 7-11 store nearby instead? I have something I need to get from there.."

"Sure boo. See you soon."

He called me boo! Jaejoong squealed silently to himself after he hung up, trying not to jump up and down in joy while typing his text to Heechul. How he dearly missed the pet names Yunho used to lovingly call him by. He couldn't help the slight happy skips in his footsteps as he made his way to the convenience store.



...




...

 

 

 

Some YunJae stuff for u guys.. ^^

KJJ: "I think I have never written a song for a woman but there are songs containing my feelings after parting."
[23 Nov 2012 Asiatoday interview] Link

Baby u-know i can't forget~~


KJJ: "For all the kiss scenes I have shot, I wasn't excited at all."
[21 Nov 2012 interview] Link 

Sorry actresses it's not your fault... you're just not Jung Yunho!!

 

 

Yunnie approves!!! *kiss couple ring*

 

...