Chapter 15

Butterfly to Butterfly ♡

...

~ 15 ~

...


"Your car is so old!" Jaejoong commented as he knocked his knuckles curiously at the sides of Siwon's vintage Jaguar convertible. "Are you sure it will get me to my uni without breaking down?"

"Yes it will!" Siwon gritted his teeth at the insult to his favorite car and willed himself to be calm. "And my Jaguar is vintage, it's not old!"

"Don't worry, it's old in a cute way!" Jaejoong giggled and reached forward to play with the quaint looking radio knobs, asking innocently. "You like old stuff Siwon?"

"Yes, I like vintage stuff." Siwon stressed, lecturing the bothersome boy he was currently chauffeuring to school thanks to his pretty Chullie's command. "Vintage stuff are old things with classic appeal."

"Like Chullie appa?" Jaejoong suggested helpfully.

"Yes like Chul-" Siwon stopped himself and looked over anxiously at the smirking boy in the passenger seat. "Yah! Are you up to something?"

Jaejoong gaped in mock horror and pointed his finger at the mortified Choi group heir. "You just called Chullie appa old!"

"No... No... I didn't... I meant..." Siwon stammered and gave a loud groan, smacking his steering wheel in frustration. Why did he ever agree to pretend to be the boyfriend of such a cheeky insufferable kid. Oh right. Because Chullie asked.

"I'm telling appa!" Jaejoong crowed joyfully and Siwon asked himself once again why he had ever tried to get into Jaejoong's pants. But they had both agreed not to mention what happened in Siwon's office room to Heechul, and Siwon desperately wanted to forget that incident ever happened.

Siwon sighed to himself and ignored Jaejoong, putting unnecessarily extra focus in staring at the roads ahead and driving. Patience Siwon, that's your Chullie's beloved son, he told himself. 

"You're rich aren't you?" After an all-too-short precious few moments of peaceful silence to Siwon, Jaejoong piped up again. "Don't you have a cooler car?"

"Yah! My Jaguar is cool!" Siwon coughed and tried to play off his embarrassment coolly. Of course he was all too aware his vintage Jaguar was meant more for display purposes rather than to be used on the road. "Besides... I've already signed off all my other cars to Chullie. This is the only car I have left."

"It looks funny. Like a tuna can!" Jaejoong commented. "But funny in the cute way, and not-"

"Yah! Kim Jaejoong!" Siwon was about to give the insensitive boy a piece of his mind when the much welcomed sight of the school gates came into view. Finally!

"By the way," Siwon couldn't resist adding in defense of the battered pride of his cool vintage car. "Your Yunho likes my Jaguar, okay."

At the mention of Yunho, Jaejoong fell silent and stared sadly down at his lap, fingers clutching his school bag tightly. Oops, I probably shouldn't have said that, Siwon thought to himself as he pulled his car up into one of the school's parking lots and placed a comforting hand on Jaejoong's back.

"Hey.. Joongie.. We're here.." Siwon cooed gently while ruffling the downcast boy's hair. "Come on. We'll follow Chullie's plan, I'll carry your bag for you and walk you to the building entrance."

He reached over to grab Jaejoong's backpack and got out of the car, walking around to the passenger seat and held the door open. "I know you're uncomfortable about the goodbye kiss Chullie suggested, but I swear I don't have dirty thoughts for you anymore! I'm loyal to Chullie now!" Siwon said as he bent slightly towards Jaejoong, coaxing him out of the car with gentle tugs of his hand.

"Think of it as a greeting kiss for your future Appa! That's me by the way!" Siwon continued, grinning proudly while sharing with Jaejoong his latest goal in life. "I'm gonna make Chullie my bride!"

"No!" Jaejoong raised his voice stubbornly and wrenched his hand from Siwon's grasp. "Hannie appa is better than you! I can walk into my school building by myself!"

"Huh? Who's Hannie-" Siwon said to Jaejoong's rapidly retreating back and he jogged to catch up, pulling Jaejoong back. "Yah! Chullie said we're supposed to hold hands!"

"I don't want to!" Jaejoong whined and tried to pull his hand away from Siwon's strong grip. "Let me go Choi Siwolfy!"

"Just follow the plan or Chullie will be mad at me!" Siwon hissed impatiently while trying to balance a struggling Jaejoong and his heavy backpack in his arms, on top of avoiding the smaller boy's kicking feet. "Stop being a brat!"

"No you -"

"Yah! Siwon hyung!" The noisy duo's attention drawing struggle was suddenly intercepted by a shouting handsome tall man, and nearby many students were gaping and staring at the sight of the infamous playboy Choi group heir and their school's pride and movie star student Shim Changmin engaging in a tug-of-war over the pretty boy new student.

"Get your hands off Jaejoong! He's off limits to you, you old ert!" Changmin shouted as he grabbed Jaejoong protectively away from his notorious player of a friend.

"Yah Shim Changmin, I'm your elder, you'd better show some respect!" Siwon rebutted angrily and pulled a stunned Jaejoong back towards himself. "Don't interfere with me and Joongie!"

 "Changmin help me!" Jaejoong whined and winced in discomfort as his arms were now gripped tightly on each side by Siwon and Changmin.

...


Nearby, in the more secluded area of the Seoul Arts School parking lot, a certain CEO was lurking undercover in his Ferrari, glaring angrily through the tinted car windows at the sight of Jaejoong being caught in between the squabbling Choi Siwon and Shim Changmin. He felt his mind cloud and his body burn with an emotion which he refused to admit felt like jealousy.

What a , first day of school and he's already making a scene with two guys fighting over him. Yunho lit a cigarette angrily and took a long drag. He didn't usually smoke, but his stress levels had been extremely high lately and he needed an outlet to calm himself down. He wound down his car window to tap the cigarette ash outside, when he heard a snippet of conversation from some students walking by.

"What a , first day of school and he's already got two guys fighting over him!" A male student exclaimed to his group of friends, pointing towards Jaejoong's direction. The group laughed loudly and hooted in agreement.

Yunho's eyes narrowed dangerously behind his sunglasses. The cigarette stick bent and twisted between his angry fingers and was thrown out of the car uncaringly. Who the hell did that guy think he is, talking about Jaejoong in that manner, Yunho thought furiously as he stepped out of the car and quickened his pace to catch up with the leisurely strolling group.

"Yah!"

As soon as the unlucky guy turned around, he found himself being dragged upwards by the collar and staring into his own scared reflection on the lenses of Yunho's designer shades. He didn't need to be able to see behind the lenses to know the eyes behind them were glinting with rage; the sinister aura he felt emanating from the intimidating man in a sharp expensive looking business suit was more than enough to reduce him to a cowering scared mess.

"You got something to say about Jaejoong?" Yunho gritted out menacingly. The terrified student looked furtively around for support from his friends, but they had already fled and were nowhere to be found.

"N-n-n-no... I.. I.." The student stammered fearfully. "S-s-sorry..."

"That boy there," Yunho growled as he jerked the student's collar roughly so his head faced Jaejoong's direction. "Is sponsored by me, Jung Yunho, into this school."

He jolted the student forcefully back to face him again. "I'm one of your school's biggest donors. I could have you expelled easily."

"P-p-please sir... Don't..." The student begged, close to tears. "It.. It was just a joke.." This had to be his worst first day of school ever.

Yunho took off his sunglasses and the student felt himself being glared down by the CEO's piercing stare for an excruciatingly long moment. "Jaejoong's bag looks heavy. You will carry it for him in between classes." His voice was soft but the cold command in his tone was unmistakable.

"Yes.. Yes I will, I will do it sir.." The student nodded eagerly.

Yunho finally relaxed his grip and reached for the student's wallet, removing his student ID. "Lee Seungri," He read out icily, committing the name to memory before shoving the wallet back into the student's chest. "I've got my eye on you, boy."

One down, two to go. He adjusted his tie slightly before taking long strides towards Jaejoong and the two s.

...

"Both of you get your hands off him!" Yunho snapped as he neared the trio.

Around them, the students of Seoul Arts School were having a field day, huddling and gossiping about the show the four ridiculously good-looking guys were putting up. Sure they were used to seeing movie star Shim Changmin in their campus as he was also a student. But it certainly wasn't everyday they saw up close what looked like a group of A-list of male celebrities squabbling outside their school building. Several students had their phone cameras out, taking pictures and filming the moment.

"Yun.. Yunho?" All three paused their struggling to gape in surprise at the unexpected visitor.

"Jaejoong, come here." Yunho commanded coldly.

A whimper escaped the pretty boy's lips and he instinctively moved to hide behind Changmin, avoiding Yunho's frightening glare.

"Yunho hyung, you're scaring him." Changmin said defensively while shielding Jaejoong from view.

"Yeah Yunho, don't scare my boyfriend." Siwon took the chance to add.

"Boyfriend?" Yunho growled menancingly. "You've got to be kidding me."

Oh . Siwon nearly peed his pants with fright but willed himself not to crumble under his dongsaeng's intimidating glare. Chullie, this is for you! I'm going to talk back to Jung Yunho, wish me luck! He put his best brave face forward. "Yeah my boyfriend. Problem?"

Yunho's eyes narrowed. "Looks like Jaejoong doesn't think so. He just ran off with Changmin."

Siwon turned to see the back of Changmin grabbing Jaejoong and running off into the school building. Oh great, leave him with the cold beast Jung Yunho. He sighed and turned back to face Yunho. "Whatever, my Joongie is just shy."

"He didn't even say goodbye to you. Looks like Jaejoong doesn't like you much."

"Whatever. What matters is that I like him." Siwon said, stuffing his hands into his pockets and walking towards his car. Escape escape! He chanted to himself.

"And," Siwon added before he stepped into his car, "I would never make him cry."

He closed his car door and drove off, noting with satisfaction that Yunho was, for once, without a biting comeback. Ah if only Chullie was here to witness his glory moment where he left the Jung Yunho speechless.

...


Yunho stared silently, watching Siwon's car disappear in the distance, refusing to show any signs of sadness. The way Jaejoong hid from him just now was still fresh in his mind. Did he scare Jaejoong that much? Was it too late to get Jaejoong back? He tried to suppress the traitorous remorseful twinges in his usually cold heart, and solemnly made his way back to his car.

 

 

...