Chapter 19

Butterfly to Butterfly ♡

...

~ 19 ~

...

Jaejoong held Yunho's hand and pulled him excitedly into his room, only to stop short in surprise at the scene that greeted their eyes. There, lying on Jaejoong's bed with his chest exposed, was a smirking Siwon.

"There you are, baby. I've been waiting." Siwon smiled slyly, ignoring Yunho's presence.

"What... Why are you here?" Jaejoong's hand flew to his mouth as he gasped in shock. "How did you get in Siwon?"

"Wear this for me tonight, Jaejoongie!" Oblivious to Jaejoong's discomfort, Siwon held up a pair of baby elephant print boxers with his fingers and stretched it merrily. "You promised you'd let me pick your underwear after the good time we had last night-"

"Yaaaahhh!" With a horrified yell, a heavily blushing Jaejoong lunged forward onto the bed and scrambled to snatch his underwear from Siwon. "You ert wolf! Give it back!"

Siwon chuckled and snuck an arm around Jaejoong's waist, finally glancing at Yunho. "Hey Yunho!" He smirked. "Excuse my baby Joongie, he's excited to see me."

Turning away from the aggravating scene, Yunho breathed deeply to calm himself down but his eyes narrowed at what he saw. Seeing the giant Hello Kitty doll he gave Jaejoong being used as a rack for Siwon's clothes was the last straw, and he spun on his heel and exited abruptly before his anger got the better of him.

On hearing the loud slam, Jaejoong snapped his head towards the direction of his room door and his heart sank seeing the empty space where Yunho was standing at just a few seconds ago. Why did this happen, and what the heck was Siwon doing in his bed? He thought in bewilderment and anger as his fingers tightened and his nails dug into Siwon's arms.

"Ow ow ow! Let go Jaejoong!" Siwon yelped in pain. "Here, take your underwear back!"

"Aahhhh!" Jaejoong let out a scream of frustration and picked up a nearby pillow, hitting the insufferable Siwon repeatedly on his head as hard as he could. "Why did you do that? You spoiled everything!"

"Ow! Be careful of my face! Stop!"

"I asked him to do it." Heechul's voice suddenly cut across the room and Jaejoong turned to see his father stepping out of the bathroom door. "Problem?"

Jaejoong gulped at the cold tone in Heechul's voice, not daring to meet his father's gaze. He had never seen Heechul this mad at him before.

"Appa.. I.."

"No need to explain, Kim Jaejoong. You're grounded." Heechul snapped. "Siwon, pass me his phone!"

"Sorry.." Siwon whispered apologetically to Jaejoong as he handed over the upset boy's phone.

"Wash up and go to bed." Heechul pocketed the phone, still glaring. "I'll personally send you to school and back from now on. No phone and no going out for a month!"

"No!" Jaejoong pleaded tearfully. "Appa please! You don't understand!"

"What do I not understand Jaejoong? You told me you were out with Junsu when you were out with Hangeng and Jung Yunho! The two most hated people on my most hated list!" Heechul huffed angrily, trying not to be swayed by his naughty son's tears. "Did you think I wouldn't find out?"

Jaejoong sniffled guiltily as he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. "Appa.. Sorry.." He mumbled sadly. He had just made Yunho angry again, and he didn't want Heechul to be mad at him as well.

Seeing the miserable look on his Joongie's face, Heechul couldn't help softening and pulled Jaejoong into a hug. "Aigo.. Okay.. Just one day, okay Joongie? You're grounded for one day, that's all. And I'll give you back your phone tomorrow morning."

"Um..." Siwon cleared his throat. "Chullie I don't think that's how you discipline- Ow!" He fell silent and pouted mournfully, shielding his face from any further pillow attacks from Heechul.

"Appa.." Tugging on Heechul's robes, Jaejoong turned his doeful gaze upwards into his doting father's eyes. "Can you sleep with me tonight?"

"What???" Siwon interrupted frustratedly. "But Chullie you promised me tonight-"

"Of course Joongie.." Heechul smiled and pinched Jaejoong's soft cheek, ignoring the indignant Siwon.

"Fine, that's fine, we can all sleep together." Siwon relented as he fluffed up his pillow and laid down contentedly. "I'm an understanding guy, Chullie!"

Heechul cocked an eyebrow and swiped his phone out. "Shindong!" Heechul spoke into the receiver. "Siwon is-"

"Wait Chullie!" Siwon grabbed Heechul's hand pleadingly. "I think I'll sleep alone tonight..."
 

...


The next day at school, Jaejoong went through lessons with a heavy heart. There were still no reply from Yunho, despite Jaejoong texting him explaining that what happened last night was a misunderstanding.

Yunho.. Do you really not care for me anymore? Jaejoong thought sadly as he trudged through the hallways with lifeless footsteps. Yunho... I think I'm hearing things.. I'm hearing your name everywhere I go...

"Yunho? Jung Yunho? What about him?"

Jaejoong's head snapped up towards the gossiping huddle of students. So he wasn't hearing things after all, the students were talking about his Yunho!

He inched closer curiously, trying to catch what they were saying.

"He's been secretly dealing with the Chinese mafia, human trafficking and drugs and stuff, that's why he became successful at such a young age!"

"Omo! That must be why Jung Corp has been doing so well! It's all blood money!"

"Hah!" The male student in the centre of the conversation, which Jaejoong recognized as his friend Seungri, scoffed acidly. "Yunho's no better than a common thug!"

"Seungri!" Jaejoong raised his voice to be heard amidst the chattering group. "Yunho is not like that!"

Seungri's eyes narrowed and he scowled at the interruption. "Yunho is exactly like that, look!" He held up his phone and Jaejoong saw a picture of Yunho shaking hands with Hangeng from yesterday in the ice cream store. "That guy with him is from the Chinese mafia!" Seungri pointed smugly. "It's all over the news today!"

Jaejoong bit his lip before protesting indignantly. "But it doesn't mean Yunho is bad! They could just be saying hi!"

"Whatever," Seungri snapped his phone shut and gave Jaejoong a pissed off glare. "He's always acting so high and mighty but looks like Jung Yunho is just scum!"

"Take that back!" Jaejoong yelled as his fingers balled up into fists, his mind in a haze of anger.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" The surrounding students chanted, egging both boys on.

"Why should I?" Seungri taunted. "He's a gangster that belongs in jail-"

There was a howl from Jaejoong as he lunged forward and both boys descended to the ground in a flurry of fists and kicks.

...


"Lee Seungri! You are a disappointment!" The Headmaster shouted angrily, giving the scowling boy a few hard whacks with his walking cane. "Are you stupid, boy? What were you thinking?"

Jaejoong shifted nervously, wincing every time the headmaster's walking stick flew down onto Seungri's body. They had both been sent into the headmaster's office for fighting, but surprisingly the headmaster was putting all the blame on Seungri.

"Headmaster...." Jaejoong spoke up tentatively. "Actually... I punched Seungri first..."

Headmaster Lee ignored him and continued hitting Seungri hard, ranting angrily. "You good for nothing! What are you going to do if Jung Yunho stops donating to the school?"

"Ya.. Yahhh!" Jaejoong raised his voice louder. "I said I started the fight! Stop hitting him!"

Headmaster Lee paused for a moment, glancing at Jaejoong. "It's fine, Jaejoong-ah. This stupid nephew of mine should know better."

"Shouldn't you?" He shouted as he hit Seungri yet again. "Stupid kid!"

"Stop it!" Shouted Jaejoong, genuinely worried for his friend. Sure, Seungri said some bad things about Yunho, but the fight was between Jaejoong and Seungri alone. The Headmaster was taking things too far.

He braced himself, knowing that there was only one thing he could do to divert the attention away in this situation, which was: be badder than Seungri.

"Yah!" Jaejoong screamed all of a sudden, "You stupid old man!"

Headmaster Lee froze in shock and gaped at Jaejoong's rude exclamation, and a fist hurtling towards his face was the last thing he saw before he out.

...

...

...

"Wow." The long silence was finally broken by Seungri, who turned to look admiringly at the stunned Jaejoong who was sitting on the floor with him. "I can't believe you really punched him."

"... I can't believe it too.." Jaejoong whispered, still in shock at what he did.

"Thanks.. I guess.." Seungri gave a small laugh and held out his hand for a handshake. "Friends?"

Jaejoong stared at the outstretched hand, unmoving. "Take back what you said first."

"Huh? About what?"

Turning to glare at Seungri, Jaejoong stated matter of factly. "About Yunho! Yunho works very hard and he is also very smart and-"

"Okay enough! You crazy Yunho fanboy.. I take it back." Seungri grinned and moved over, slinging a friendly battered arm over Jaejoong's shoulders. "So... Is Jung Yunho your boyfriend?"

A dreamy pout crept onto Jaejoong's face, stretching the cut he sustained on his lips earlier from the fight with Seungri. "I wish!"

"Aww unrequited love. Ah well. Let's get to the infirmary, we look like !" Seungri laughed, pulling Jaejoong up along with him as he stood. "Oh and my uncle too.."

"Seungri..." Jaejoong said as he helped his new buddy carry the passed out Headmaster on the other side. "How much trouble am I in now?"

"Ahh.. You don't have to worry.. This Headmaster is absolutely money-minded." Seungri winked. "Just ask Jung Yunho to make another donation and my uncle will be begging you to punch him again!"

"Oh..." Jaejoong gulped silently. That's if Yunho still wanted anything to do with him, he thought to himself nervously.



...

...


"Aigo... Aigo...." The school nurse ajumma clucked and sighed as she fussed over the two injured boys. "Look at your eye! It's going to bruise soon.." The nurse said as she checked Seungri's swollen eye.

"I punched him there!" Jaejoong piped up, grinning while holding up a piece of gauze to his bleeding lip. "Seungri is a panda now!"

"Omo! Don't talk so much or you'll split your wound again!" The nurse shushed Jaejoong, holding up a piece of gauze soaked with disinfectant. "Let me see your lips, I need to disinfect it."

"No!" Jaejoong gasped and covered his lips with his hands tightly. "It's gona sting me!"
 
Seungri laughed and sneered teasingly. "You're such a baby! I'll make sure I panda punch your teeth out next time we-"

"Oh really." A voice cut through the room conversationally, but if the room's occupants were to turn and look they would have seen a cold looking Yunho standing at the infirmary door. Unfortunately for Seungri, the cold pack he was holding against his sore eye was hindering his sight.

"Yeah! Really!" Oblivious to the impending danger, Seungri snorted in response, turning slowly towards the newcomer. "And maybe I'll give you a nice red nose too. Blood red. Haha-"

"Waaahh!! Jung Yunho!" Seungri screamed and scrambled to hide behind a stunned Jaejoong, temporarily throwing away his manly pride. "Jae... Jaejoong hyung.. Save me..."

"Leave us." Yunho's clipped voice commanded and Seungri wasted no time in racing out the infirmary with a parting 'Seeya Jaejoong hyuunnggg~' farewell.

"Nurse lady, I'll take over from here."

The nurse despite her old age blushed like a schoolgirl when directly addressed by Yunho. "Of... Of course Yunho-ssi, I'll give you some privacy.." She murmured before making her way out and closing the door quietly.

Yunho walked over and leaned his back against the infirmary cabinets, staring directly at Jaejoong with his arms crossed. Jaejoong on his part was sitting on the chair and looking a pitiful sight, head bowed nervously.

A sigh escaped his lips. "Kim Jaejoong...."













...

...

 

Hello~~!!
Has everyone seen this gif...?? hehehe ~kyaaaaa!!!~