Stop Before It's Too Late

It's All Because of You

Stop Before It's Too Late

Chapter XXII

 

Kyuhyun tapped his fingers on the table as he listened to SNSD's Gee —Seohyun's ringback tone. After more or less 4 rings, a voice rang through Kyuhyun's head, awakening him from his intervention.

 

"Yoboseyo?" The other person on the other line initiated the conversation.

 

"Hey, meet me in the *** cafè." Kyuhyun uttered, composing himself.

 

"Arraseo. I'll be there in 5 minutes." The other line answered.Kyuhyun was about to hang up when Seohyun's voice echoed through his phone.

 

"Hey?" Hesitation was confirmed through Seohyun's voice but Kyuhyun shrugged it off.

 

"Yeah?" He answered, nonchalantly.

 

"Thank you for fulfilling your promise. It... It means a lot. Going to the amusement park, I mean." Seohyun's voice was small and unstable, however, it reached Kyuhyun's ears –heart, if possible.

 

"Well, a promise is a promise, isn't it?" Kyuhyun's voice was genuine and Seohyun heard it, making her smile.

 

"Still, thank you." Kyuhyun can't see her but he can imagine the smile upon her face that made his heart flutter.

 

Flutter? What is this? Why is my heart beating so fast? Andwae. It can't be. He thought to himself as he stared at the phone in his hand.

 

Stop your goddamn self, Cho Kyuhyun. No. He scolded himself and mentally knocked himself down.

 

"Hey!" A hand was waving across Kyuhyun's face, making him blink.

 

"H-hey." He said, pushing the hand off his face and clearing his throat awkwardly.

 

"You're in a deep thought, I see. I wonder why." The girl in front of him raised her brow with a smile on her face, making his heart do summersault.

 

Get a hold of yourself, Cho Kyuhyun. Damn it!

 

But she's pretty, smiling like that!

 

Shut up!

 

No, you shut up! She's pretty!

 

Aish!

 

"Cho?" Seohyun stared at him with worry and amusement.

 

"H-huh?" Kyuhyun snapped.

 

"You okay?" Seohyun raised a brow.

 

"I think I need to use the restroom. Excuse me." He uttered and flee without hearing Seohyun's answer, leaving the other dumbfounded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"What the hell?!" Kyuhyun sighed as he splashed water on his face. He's frustrated with the unanswered question in his head.

 

"I think I'm going crazy! Ugh!" He said as he yanked his hair softly. Luck him, no one was in the restroom that time, if ever anyone was there, he would probably be mistaken as a guy with mental problem.

 

He fished his phone out of his pocket and dialled his favorite hyung's number.

 

"What's---" 

 

"Hyung, I think I'm going crazy." Kyuhyun uttered, not letting the other finish his words.

 

"You've been crazy since day one, Kyu. Nothing new to that." Kyuhyun swore he knew that his hyung was rolling his eyes at the moment.

 

"Hyung, no, this is different. I think I'm not Cho Kyuhyun. I think I'm crazy. Seriously hyung, you need to help me." Kyuhyun pleaded.

 

"Am I a doctor to help you with your mental problem? And Cho Kyuhyun, learn your manners and say please once in a while. Ah, you're annoying, seriously." Sungmin sighed frustratedly.

 

"You're not helping, hyung! Aish!" He said and cut off the line.

 

What am I feeling? 

Why am I feeling something?

How the hell can she make me feel something?

When did I start feeling something? 

 

AISH!

 

His thoughts were interrupted by his ringtone which made him jump – almost. He looked at the caller ID and felt his heart go ballistic.

 

There it goes again! AISH!

 

With shaky hands and uncleared mind he picked up the phone. "Oh you answered? I thought you fainted in the rest room or something." She chuckled.

 

"She chukled. Her laugh... it's music." A voice deep inside Kyuhyun said.

 

"SHUT UP!" Kyuhyun almost yelled... or did he?

 

"What?" Seohyun seems to be genuinely shocked.

 

"Oh... It's not you. It's just... Uhm... I'm sorry... Uhm... I'm coming out." He said as he ended the call. He faced the mirror and splashed a handful of water into his face, once more. He wiped it with the handkerchief in his pocket and went outside.

 

"H-hey." Kyuhyun nervously sat in front of Seohyun.

 

"H-hey." The other uttered, still shocked that he actually yelled at her, not that it's the first time but it's just out of place. She heard Kyuhyun sigh, making her look up to him. He had been acting so strange.

 

"Hey, are you okay? You've been so..." She trailed off, not knowing what to say next.

 

"off?" Kyuhyun finished it off for her.

 

"Don't mind it, I just have a lot in mind." Kyuhyun said, a bit too cold in Seohyun's opinion.

 

"Oh." Was all she could utter as she stared at Kyuhyun's standing figure.

 

"Are we still going to the Lotte World?" He said with a raised brow. Seohyun nodded.

 

"Then what are you doing still sitting there? Let's go." He said nonchalantly and Seohyun can't help but to wonder why Kyuhyun suddenly turned cold.

 

"Hey are you really okay?" She tried asking but he just looked at her and walked away.

 

"If you still want to go, might as well follow me." He stopped walking and looked back.

 

"Now." He finished and started walking again. Seohyun with a slight fear from this side of this man, followed silently.

 

"Why is he so strange? One second, he's this innocent child that clings onto his parents childishly then the other, he's the biggest jerk that treats girls badly then after another second, he becomes this cold. Is he mentally ill or something? Aish." Seohyun rant inside her head, boring a hole in the back of Kyuhyun's head.

 

"Cold. Being cold is the way to push her away. It's the last day I'll be with her. It's the last day I'll keep her in touch. It's the last day because I have to stop myself from falling before it's too late. Seo Joohyun, I can't fall for you."

 



Sooooooooooooooooooooooo...? I know it's quite boring but please wait for our moment!