Thank you

Visual Showpiece

 

Your POV

What would Minho want to tell me?

And with what could it be related to? I mean, why in the gym’s cellar…?

Whatever.  I’ll just wait for him.

I walked from one side to another into the cellar, looking at all the sport supplies that were in there.

I took a tennis ball and threw it in the air a couple of times, but it slipped from my hand and rolled to the door.

I was going to pick it, but suddenly I saw someone entering into the cellar and stood still.

 

“Yah, Minho?”

His voice resounded in my head.

“Minhooooo” Key called Minho again.

I couldn’t think, I couldn’t breathe. I didn’t know what to do.

In a reflex action, I stepped back and made some baseball bats fell from a hamper. Key instantly turned to see me; he froze.

My body started to shiver, I don’t really know why; I wasn’t scared, but sure I was nervous as hell.

In a blink of an eye, someone closed and locked the door of the cellar, locking us two in there. I gasped.

This isn’t true… This isn’t true!

Why now!? I’m not prepared to talk to him!

 

“, , !” Key said as he tried to open the locked door.

My hands started to sweat a bit, so I cleaned them in my skirt and started to breathe irregularly as I kneeled down.

Key looked at me worried and approached, “Y-Yah, are you OK?”

I lifted my head and looked at him, my stomach hurt from nervousness.

“You look pale…” Key muttered.

He leaned next to me and I looked away.

“Hey, I… I won’t do anything. Do you feel well?”

I tried to control my breathing and looked at him again. He really was worried, his face told me so.

He carefully put his hand on my forehead and felt my temperature.

“You’re a bit hot… Maybe you have fever” he told me with a sweet voice. I gulped and didn’t answer.

Key took his waistcoat from his bag and put it around me; then he put his arm around my shoulders and looked at my opposite direction.

“You mustn’t lose your body heat now…” he told me trying to look kind of distant, but I could tell he was really troubled about me.

 

Why did I avoid him? What was my reason?

His smirks? His looks?

That feeling in my stomach when I saw him every day entering into the classroom?

Or walking, smiling, frowning, pouting, even nagging…

It felt like I had butterf-

 

Wait.

Is it that?

I like him?

 

I coughed and widened my eyes in surprise.

God, I’m so stupid…

“Thanks, Key” I mumbled.

Key turned to look at me, surprised. “You’re talking to me”

I smiled, “Yes, I am”

“Why… Why did you avoid me?” He asked with sadness in his voice.

My face felt really hot, “It wasn’t on purpose…”

He let out a sarcastic chuckle, “How is it possible that you didn’t avoid me on purpose?”

I sighed, “I just didn’t… I’m sorry”

Key smiled too and hugged me, “I am sorry too”

My hands hung from his neck like instantly when he hugged me.

 

“Why are you sorry about? You moron” I asked him between giggles.

I swear I felt Key sobbing, but it was just my imagination.

He cut the hug and, very close to me, he stared at my lips.

“I’m sorry for not controlling myself and making you feel awkward with me” he said now looking at my eyes.

 

I sighed, “Key…”

“Deh?”

“Am I ugly?” I asked bluntly. He widened his eyes.

“Mm… No, why? I feel this is a tricky question”

I chuckled, “Before we met officially, did you think I was pretty?”

Key was confused, but he still answered “Yes”

I took a deep breath and looked at his eyes, “Then why are you confusing me?”

He chuckled and smiled, “Bwoh? I am the one confusing you? You are confusing me”

I shook my head, “I mean… Why are you always so cold and rude with me?”

 

Key widened his eyes again and kept a serious expression. Then he chuckled nostalgically and looked away.

“I… ah, haha… It’s just that… Why are you asking me this?”

 “Because I want to know” I answered

Key inhaled deeply and let out a big sigh,

“It’s… Just so hard to put all of these feeling into words… I don’t know how to say them”

W-What?

My face turned red and my body heat increased. Every part of my body that Key was touching felt really hot.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

 

Key chuckled again and looked at me smiling,

“I just… I like you. I like you” he finally let out

I froze; I was feeling so, so happy that my body didn’t know how to react. So many thoughts were moving into my head that I wasn’t thinking clearly.

I like you too…

Key leaned really slowly, like wondering if I was letting him doing it. I approached too and, both nervous, we planted our lips into each other’s.

It was so great, but it was pretty different from last time; this time, Key wasn’t drunk, he was completely sober and the kiss that he gave to me was full of those nervy and wonderful feelings that love has.

It’s not like the last kiss he gave me was bad, but this was so much sweeter and smoother than it.

Key’s hands were on my waist and I put mines on his neck, both approaching the other more and more.

I swear I was getting drunk from him, I was in heaven.

 

I separated a bit from him and leaned my forehead on his’.

“I like you too, Key…” I whispered really nervous

Key smiled, “Really?”

I nodded and chuckled, “Deh”

He looked at my eyes, “That’s awesome…”

I giggled, “I know, right?”

 

We suddenly heard the door unlocking and opening. Minho’s head popped from the outside and looked around to find us.

He stepped in and finally looked at us, he smirked. We separated from each other blushing and we stood up. Minho laughed.

“Hey” he greeted us, Key lifted a frown smiling

“You …” he said approaching to Minho and giving him a little punch on his left arm.

Minho chuckled, “Ah! Yah! Hahaha, but you’re happy now! Right?”

Key looked at me and then again at Minho, “As hell”

I smiled from ear to ear.

 

Thank you, Choi Minho.