Who is suffering the most?

Visual Showpiece

Key’s POV

“Aish…” I sighed as I looked at _____~ leaving towards school, then I chuckled

Silly forgetful girl.

My feet started to walk in direction to my house knowing that she knew the path to arrive later, if not, I probably had waited for her.

Doesn’t matter, I’ll have something nice to eat when she comes back.

Does she like coffee? I know how to make an excellent vanilla cappuccino

Maybe coffee’s too bitter for her, I know she likes sweet things…

But wouldn’t just sugar fix that?

“Boo!”

 

“Ah!” I jumped in surprise and exclaimed while putting my body on defense-mode, but when I turned I relaxed every muscle realizing that the person who scared me was no less than SooJung.

The little devil giggled and messed my hair, “Hey Kibummie”

I sighed heavily, “Aiya, don’t scare me like that!”

SooJung chuckled again, “Sorry but you were so immerse in your thoughts… Where are you going?”. She was jumping from side to side like she was 5 years old or something.

“Huh, hum, to my house...”

“Can I go with you?”

I scratched the back of my head, “I guess so, but I was going to be with my girlfriend later”

She grinned, “I’ll take that as a full yes

 

SooJung was kinda strange; she tried to hold my hand and was unexpectedly close. Even when we arrived to my house, she even tried to spoon with me when we were watching TV.

“I’ll go change my shirt, wait a minute” I said running quickly upstairs towards my room.

I knew she was a little dependent, but this is too much.

My feet dragged me in direction to my closet and I took a dark shirt with v neck, but when I was about to undress my upper half SooJung appeared in my door, smiling.

“Yah Soojungie, I told you to wait downstai-“

“Kibum” she interrupted me and approached slyly as I dropped the shirt on the floor.

W-What

“Leave her” she whispered, her smile wasn’t there anymore and she had a serious expression on her face.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, “What?”

“Leave that girl and be with me instead. Kibum-ah… You don’t know how much I’ve missed you” SooJung suddenly encircled my neck with her arms

Even if I loved SooJung as my sister, even if I passed excellent times with her, even if I was confused right now and I didn’t really understand what was happening, I was not going to leave _____~ only because my precious childhood friend told me to.

Was this my Soojungie from our middle school years?

My expression completely changed into a serious one and I pushed SooJung away from me, she fell on the bed.

“K-Kibum”

Key for you now. What the ing heck are you talking about SooJung?”

She didn’t answer; instead she kept still staring at me with poker face.

“Come on, since when did you become like this? I know that you don’t like me SooJung, that’s why I don’t understand all this”

A smirk crossed her emotionless face and she chuckled. Suddenly we heard the front door closing, but we didn’t flinch a bit and were still staring deeply at each other.

“I am trying to fulfill my goal”

She stood up from a jump, grabbed my hands and put them around her waist.

What happened to you

I thought we were friends, I thought we wanted the best for each other

SooJung cupped my face and kissed me forcefully.

 

We heard something dropping on the floor,

“What is this”

SooJung let me go and smirked at _____~

“Can’t you see we’re a bit busy in here?” she said with the most poisonous tone she could ever use on someone. I just couldn’t move, I didn’t know how to react

Do I slap her?

Do I walk towards _____~? Will she want me with her right now?

_____~ didn’t change her expression but a river fell from her eyes.

“I hate you, Kim Kibum!” she yelled with a distressed pitch on her voice and ran away

SooJung chuckled one more time, ”Good, now we’re alone again…”

 

“I can’t believe this” I said undertone

She looked at me “Mmh?”

I pushed her again, this time she fell on the floor hitting her lower back.

“What the Kibum!?”

I ducked beside her menacingly, “Shouldn’t I be asking that? Huh? What the were you thinking!?”

SooJung gulped and stared at me surprised, “I, ah-“

“She was my girl, I love her! Why would you do something like that to me? We were friends, right?”

Tears appeared in the corner of her eyes, “Kibum-“

“For God’s sake!” I covered my eyes in frustration and massaged my temples, “You’re my ing childhood friend SooJung!”

Now those tears started to flow through her cheeks

“I’m sorry…” she muttered

I looked at her, “Really?”

SooJung nodded with guiltiness, “I didn’t think… I’m sorry… Kibum, I like you”

A sigh escaped from my lips and I ran my fingers through my hair.

“I love you” she corrected herself. I looked at her surprised, she was still crying.

“Soojungie…”

 

“After you left-“ she interrupted herself with a sob, “After you transferred everyone left me alone. Girls started to talk behind my back. Like they didn’t before, right…? But they even started to bully me, telling me that I was just hiding behind you and gaining popularity by staying at your side; they hit me, dirtied me, threw my stuff… Guys didn’t talk to me anymore and I couldn’t stand it anymore. I missed you so much; I was hoping that by transferring into your school everything was going to be like before… But there she was, your girlfriend…”

I widened my eyes in surprise; I knew that girls didn’t really like her, but to that point…?

“I was insanely jealous, I couldn’t stand the idea of having to share you with another girl. I love you Kibum, I always did. I’m sorry, I couldn’t control my feelings…” SooJung started to cry harder and harder.

I hugged her in guiltiness, I didn’t think she could be suffering this much.

She definitely needs me, and maybe she needs me even more than _____~ does.

 

Maybe I should stay by SooJung’s side.