Misunderstandings

Visual Showpiece

 

Key’s POV

So, SooJung arrived like a week ago; she has made a lot of friends and I’m happy about it, but I hope this time they’re real friends and not a bunch of ed up people that only wants to be their friend only for her popularity among guys.

That happened back in middle school and she got really sad… That’s why I promised to be beside her no matter what.

I felt someone’s hand poking my shoulder. I turned my whole body taking my earphones off, twisting a bit my back since I was sitting on my desk.

“Hey, Kibum!” SooJung smiled, “You shouldn’t listen to music that loud, I could hear it from far”

I chuckled briefly, “Those are my eardrums, not yours”

She sighed, “Nothing to do about you… Well, anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere with me”

“When?” I asked, looking at her

“I was thinking of… now? I mean, lessons finished for today”

I don’t know… I think I want to be with _____~… I haven’t had much interaction with her these past days.

 

“Huh… I don’t think I can, I’m sorry” I shrugged

She opened a bit her eyes and curved her lips, “I see”. Then, she gave me a big smile, “Bye bye then!” SooJung said and turned, quickly walking away.

 

I turned, looking for _____~ and hoping that she hadn’t left the building.

, her desk’s empty.

My legs quickly moved into Sulli’s direction and jumped to stop her from leaving the classroom before I could get some info from her.

“Yah” I called her, “Where’s _____~?”

She lifted an eyebrow, “Say please, bad-mannered guy”

I groaned, “Where’s _____~, please?”

“She already left” Sulli finally spoke

I widened my eyes, “How long ago!?”

She shrugged, “I don’t know… 5 or 7 minutes ago?”

Still a chance to found her

I started to run out of the classroom, thinking that she would be probably putting her shoes on or walking around the gate of the school.

“Hey! What about my thanks!?”

 

 

“Guess who” I popped by behind and covered her eyes, finally reaching her, and kissing her cheek.

_____~ turned a bit surprised and greeted me with a tiny smile, “Hi”

“Hey, how’s everything going?” I asked as I made her company, leaving the school.

“Fine” she answered, but did not ask back.

Hum… Kind of, weird on her.

Nevermind.

“Eh, well, do you remember my visual club project?”

She nodded

“I have to finish it” I faked a cry in laziness, “Could you help me with it?”

_____~ hesitated a bit and then nodded again.

“Yes, I can… but not today. Is it Ok if I help you tomorrow?”

“Why?” I asked confused

She looked at the ground, “Nothing in special, just family stuff to get done”

But… isn’t she alone in her house now?

Is she really fine?

 

“What happens? You can tell me” I said as I took her hand and stopped the both from walking.

_____~ looked at me with bright eyes and shook her head, giving me a bull fake smile.

“Nothing, I’m really fine”

That void smile tells me the opposite

She looks like… hurt

“_____~, don’t lie to me… I’m worried”

She faked another smile, “Worried for what? I swear it, Key. I’m fine… I really have to go quickly now, see you tomorrow”

_____~ gave me a little peck on the cheek and headed running, leaving me confused and worried behind her.

 

What is it?

Minho… he said something the other day

Maybe he knows something

 

 

~

 

 

“You’re null, aren’t you?” Minho asked putting a sarcastic tone trough the phone

I dropped my body on my bed, “Come on, just tell me what you know”

Minho cleared his throat, “Key, I really can’t understand how you don’t see it… _____~ it’s so obvious when it comes with her facial expressions that by the time you should already know without having to ask for help”

“Well, I’m an insensitive Ok!? I just can’t-!”

“Don’t get angry” Minho chuckled interrupting me, “She’s jealous”

 

Jealous.

Jealousy.

Seriously…

“WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK, HOW IS SHE-? I DON’T FLIRT- JESUS-“ I started to blurt anything that went through my mind, trying to find out why.

Minho laughed, “You should be kind of happy”

“Huh!? How could I be happy?” I ran my fingers through my hair

“Why wouldn’t you? The girl you like likes you so much that she’s upset when she sees you talk to other girls… Dude, I’d be rejoicing”

I kept silent

 

You got a point there…

Actually, you’re right, Minho!

I chuckled, “Hey, that’s true”

He sighed, “See? Null”

I now laughed, “Dude, this is cool… But, who’s she jealous of?”

“I’ll leave that up to you” Minho said and hanged

“Hey you-! Ahh…”

 

I smiled to myself; She’s so cute.

 

 

 

 

 

Your POV

Yesterday after Key asked me to keep helping him with his project I was a bit… skeptical? I think…I mean, I wasn’t going to be in the greatest humor and it’s not because I’m mad or something, but… that SooJung gets me somewhat gloomy.

So after we talked yesterday I arrived to my house, threw myself on my bed and think all afternoon, reaching a clever conclusion.

Why the heck am I this bothered?

Wasn’t Key the one that asked me out first? The one that confessed first?

Hell, he’s not that of an to make me fall for him and then go after some other chick…

Fall… For Key…

The bell sounded, interrupting my thoughts and finishing classes.

 

Sulli appeared in front of me, frowning.

“Start to talk: what the heck happens to you”

I gulped and smiled, “Sulli… My dear… You know that you’ll know everything at the end…”

“But I don’t want to know it at the end!” she kind of yelled, “I want to know it as just it happens so I can help you!”

I started to get nervous, “Sulli, don’t get angry I just-“

“Of course I’ll get angry! I’m your supposed best friend! I tell you everything, why can’t you tell me everything too?” she told me with a hurt tone and started to walk away.

“Sulli wait!” I yelled standing up, but my try was a bit useless since she was already gone.

What have I been doing? I didn’t know I had made Sulli this sad…

I’m such a bad friend…

I rubbed my front trying to calm myself a bit and stop the overcoming tears, and, just in the right moment, Key appeared making it easier to hide my feelings.

“Hey!” he smiled and pecked my lips, “Ready to help me?”

I nodded and smiled, “Deh”

 

~

 

The way to Key’s house was relaxing and carefree; we talked and laughed all the way, making it seem shorter than what it was.

Well, it wasn’t too long since Key’s house isn’t very far from school, but anyways, it was great.

We were arriving to his house when something hit me

“Crap! I forgot my cell phone at school!” I facepalmed myself.

Key sighed, “We’re not too far from school, I’ll wait you so go and get it”

I pecked his cheek, “Thanks!”

He blushed, “You’re welcome”

 

 

~

 

 

I can’t believe I forgot it… I’m such a klutz, what if someone stole it?

Bye bye phone…

Nevermind, I have it in my hands now and I arrived at Key’s house more quickly than I thought.

I opened the front door and started to go upstairs.

 

“Key, I arrive-“

I begin announcing myself happily, but interrupted myself as I saw something that I didn’t wanna see.

Something that I was afraid of since pretty much a week ago.

Something that made me lost all faith in Key.

 

“What is this” I mumbled, dropping my bag pack.

SooJung’s lips separated from Key’s and she looked at me, like she was making fun of me.

“Can’t you see we’re a bit busy in here?” she grinned, Key looked at me motionless.

Tears started to run from my eyes uncontrollably.

“I hate you, Kim Kibum!” I yelled at him and, grabbing my bag pack, I ran away from that horrible scene. That horrible house.

 

I was right… I was right!

Key doesn’t love me at all… He still loves that…

My wet and warm face and my aching eyes made me stop at a little park to clean them, so I could keep running, from all those feelings.

But as I stopped, my crying became louder and stronger, making everyone in the park look at me.

What should I do? What should I do…?

Sulli… No I can’t, she hates me too…

I need… someone, please…

 

 

“_____~, what happened to you?” Minho’s sweet and deep voice calmed my heart as he cleaned my tears and hugged me.

 

“Minho!”