Sly

Visual Showpiece

 

Your POV

“…So I was thinking that we could do that and the teacher would love our job! Don’t you think so?”

Sulli sighted and pushed my shoulder; I jumped.

“Yah, are you even listening to me?” she asked lifting a frown.

I scratched my scruff, “S-Sorry, I was a little distracted”

She stared at me as I kept looking at the front of our classroom; Sulli smirked.

“Oh, so you were staring at my cousin and his friends?” she asked looking at those guys whom were sitting in front.

I snorted, “Are you serious? I’m not one of the mass, you know? I don’t find anything attractive about them. I was just trying to look at the teacher’s assignment, which if you hadn’t notice, it’s written on the board”

She giggled, “Don’t get upset haha, I was kidding. If you want to understand that assignment, then listen to my idea…!”

 

Yeah, sure. As if I could like them.

If there’s something that really bothers me, are popular guys and dumb girls.

Jonghyun, Choi Minho –Sulli’s cousin-, Lee Jinki, Taemin and Kibum were the popular guys in my school; dumb girls… There are a lot, I can’t really count them.

OK, I lied a little. They actually are handsome, but I won’t drool over them like all the other girls here.

 

I shook my head trying to come down to earth and listen to Sulli’s idea.

Impossible… I hate physics so much and my head hurts so much.

“Huh, Jinri… I can’t focus. I’ll go to the infirmary and get something for my head, OK?”

She looked at me with worried eyes, “OK… Don’t delay”

I smiled and nodded.

 

I closed my eyes in a wince, feeling that my head was the heavier thing in the world.

Suddenly, I smashed into someone’s back.

“Omo! Aish… My head… Huh, I’m so sorry” I rubbed my front and opened my eyes to see a very angry guy.

“Yah, can you please look where you walk?” Kim Kibum looked at me and nagged.

I frowned, “I told you that I’m sorr-“

“Whatever, just get out of my way” He said and gave me his back again, walking towards his friends.

What’s wrong with him? So rude…!

 

I walked out of the classroom and headed to the infirmary. The nurse gave me a pill and told me that I should rest there, but I had to go back and try to understand that physics class work, so I thanked her and went in my way back to the classroom.

I started to see a bit blurry in the corridor, so I stopped, took a big breath and kept walking.

That pill didn’t work…

I feel terrible…

I stepped into the classroom and approached to where Sulli was.

 

She looked at me and opened his eyes wide.

“Hey, you look very pale. You should go back home, _____~” she told me standing up and sitting me in my chair.

I shook my head, “No, I… I’m OK…”

Oh wow, I’m really dizzy.

 

I tried to stand up and then, heavy as a rock, I dropped my body into the floor, making some people surprised.

“Y-Yah _____~! Are you OK!?” Sulli shouted worried as hell.

I couldn’t respond properly; Why am I feeling so bad?

“_____~!” Sulli yelled again. She leaned and took my head with her hands, caressing my forehead.

I lifted my head, “I’m OK…”

 

“No you’re not” Kibum’s voice echoed in the entire classroom.

I barely saw him approaching and leaning beside Sulli, staring at me.

He tried to take me and carry me in bridal style to the infirmary; I struggled and went down to the floor again.

“I can do it by myself” I said trying to get up, but I felt dizzy and mumbled.

“Yeah, sure” he said and took me again.

 

Everyone looked at us; I was so embarrassed that I tried to ask Sulli for some help, but she was like frozen or something and just stared.

All his stupid friends chuckled.

 

He carried me through the corridor to the infirmary.

“Hey, I already went there” I told him coldly.

He didn’t look at me, “Then you didn’t say the truth about how you were really feeling”

I frowned, “Then I can walk by myself”

Kibum snorted, chuckled and ignored me, rolling his eyes.

Great…

 

“Oh dear, what happened?” The nurse asked as we entered into the infirmary.

“She almost fainted” Key answered putting me on a bed.

I laid and covered myself with the blankets.

“Well then, you must sleep now. I’ll go get something to eat for me; Kibum, can you put an eye on her while I’m not here?” the nurse asked him while putting on a vest.

Kibum nodded and sat on a chair beside the bed as the nurse stepped out.

 

“Huh, thanks Kibum” I told him avoiding eye contact.

“Key; call me Key. And you’re welcome” he said passing his hand through his hair and smirking.

I shrugged, “Alright, Key…”

Key looked at me and sighed, “Did you eat breakfast properly in the morning?”

I turned and stared at his face a little confused, “Huh? Why are you asking?”

He leaned a little, “Because lack of food produces dizziness; did you eat?”

I was running late this morning…

 

“N-No… Actually I haven’t. I was pretty late for school…” I answered a little embarrassed.

Key smirked, “Well then, eat this” he told me and threw a chocolate that he had in the pocket of his pants.

I lifted my head, “Thanks, Kibu-… Key”¨

He smiled, “You’re welcome. Make sure to eat”

I nodded and blush.

Why in the world am I blushing over him!?

 

The nurse came back with a huge sandwich of lettuce, tomato and ham; “Thanks Kibum, now you can go back”

Key stood up and left the infirmary, leaving me with the nurse.

I opened the chocolate package and looked at it;

I love chocolate with almonds…!

 

 

 

I woke up and looked at the clock, which it said 14:23.

Well, my classmates haven’t got out of class yet.

I stood up slowly and fixed my uniform’s skirt; the nurse looked at me and smiled.

“Are you OK now?” she asked with a mommy like voice.

I smiled and nodded, “I’ll go back to classroom”

“Oh no dear, don’t worry about it. I asked a girl in your class to bring your stuff; you should go to your house now, I don’t want you to force yourself to focus in some class you won’t pay attention in, so just go and rest, OK?” she told me approaching and patting my back.

I nodded again, “OK, thanks”

The nurse smiled, “It’s nothing”

 

I left the school in direction to my house, hoping that Eunjae would be there to make me some of that soup that she always makes.

My sister is living with me right now; she’s a model and she travels a lot, so I’m frequently alone at home.

Our dad had an offer in Macau; that meant translation which I didn’t want, so Eunjae and I decided to stay here in Seoul while him and my mom where in Macau. Anyways, it’s not forever, they’ll be back eventually.

I arrived pretty quickly to my house. I stepped in and threw my bag at the floor, making a noise.

 

“I’m baaaaaack”  I yelled

Eunjae appeared from the kitchen smiling, “Hey! How are you…? Why did you come back so early today?” she now looked confused.

“I felt awful so the nurse sent me back”

She shrugged, “Oh well, are you OK now?”

I nodded and, blocking her way to the kitchen, I put my cute puppy eyes mode on.

“Eunjaaaaaaeeeee~ Can I ask you somethiiiiiiiing?”

She lifted a frown, “What now?”

I smiled, “Can you make some soup? Please, please, pleaaaaaase!”

Eunjae chuckled and smiled, “I was actually doing it”

Score!

“Hehe, great. I’ll be in my room, OK?”

 She walked into the kitchen, “Uhuh… Hey, hey wait! I forgot to tell you something!” she shouted as I stepped back.

“Yeah?”

“Well, remember the photos from our last holidays in Macau? I was looking at them the other day at work and manager hyung wanted to use one of them for publicity. It’s a photo of you, I hope it doesn’t bother you” she told me looking at her nails.

I shrugged; “I don’t care as long as I look pretty” I said and went back in my way upstairs to my room.

“You look beautiful!” she yelled.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up earlier this morning so I could eat breakfast this time and Key wouldn’t have to take me again to the infirmary.

I got up, ate a bowl of rice with some udon soup and left my house calmly, without rushes.

I looked at my cell phone,

It’s 7:13… School starts at 8:15.

I have an hour; I’ll go buy some coffee.

I went to the café near the train station and bought a hot chocolate instead of a coffee; I needed something sweet in my system.

 

I looked at my cell phone again; 7:34, I’ll better get going…

I walked in direction to my school which wasn’t really far from my house and from the train station. I looked at the other side of the crowded street and saw a familiar face.

Isn’t he that guy Kim Jonghyun?

 

I kept looking at him a little curious; Does he live near me?

He turned his head and our eyes met; he smiled and waved his hand as I flushed and, walking faster, avoided his look.

I dropped hot chocolate in my hand, making it burnt.

“Aish!” I shouted and dropped all the chocolate on the ground.  I rubbed my red hand and turned to see if Jonghyun-ssi had seen me.

He did. He actually was staring with a little worried look in his face.

I fixed myself and headed quickly to school, preventing any uncomfortable situation that implied me and Kim Jonghyun-ssi.

 

 

I arrived to school 15 minutes before the class’ beginning and went directly to the infirmary to get something for my hand.

“Aigo… this hurts…” I said out loud.

“You are very noisy” I heard someone’s voice behind me, making me jump in surprise.

I turned and saw Key getting up from a bed.

I cleared my throat, “What are you doing here?”

He looked at his shoes and chuckled, “Nosy”

I frowned and stood up, “H-Hey!”

He approached and looked at me; he took some bandages and then my burnt hand.

“I was sleeping; don’t meddle in other’s business, it’s bothersome” he said smirking and putting the bandage around my hand.

“You’re a stupid” I pulled away my hand and pouted. I took my bag and left quickly the infirmary in direction to the classroom.

 

I entered into the classroom and the first person I saw was Jonghyun-ssi,

Oh God, so awkward…

“Hey!” he greeted me with a lot of energy and came closer, “I saw you in the morning; you burnt your hand, right? How is it?” he asked looking at the bandages.

I blushed, “It’s OK, thanks for asking”

He smiled; “What’s your name?” he asked scratching his head.

Hey, he’s pretty nice!

 

“I’m _____~, and you’re… Jonghyun-ssi, right?” I asked back

He chuckled and nodded,

“Deh, but take out the ssi. I’m just Jonghyun”

I nodded, “OK, Jonghyun

He smiled; his smile is like blinding.

 

“Hey, I just saw a photo of a girl that looked just like you in a magazine!” he told me and, taking my hand, he led me to his desk. “Look!”

He took a magazine and opened it; it had the photo of me in my holidays at Macau.

WHAT THE-…!? Oh right! Eunjae told me that his manager used it in some publicity.

Publicity of what?

Oh, sunscreen… Haha. Well used, I guess.

 

“Huh, that’s actually me” I told him very naturally. He turned surprised and coughed.

“Bwoh! Really? You look ho-…! Hum, pretty. You look very pretty”

I smiled, “Thanks!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Key’s POV

“You’re a stupid” she said and pulled her hand away, leaving.

Why am I a stupid!? She was the one that woke me up…

Like I care.

I took my things and put them into my bag. I turned to see the nurse coming in.

“Oh Kibum, did you get any sleep?” she asked sweetly, like a mom.

“Yeah, thanks” I smiled and left the infirmary.

 

I entered into the classroom and went into Minho, Taemin and Onew’s direction.

“Yo, what’s up?” I greeted them, who were looking to something near the window.

“Yah look, Jonghyun’s hitting on Sulli’s friend” Minho pointed at Jonghyun, who was flirting with  _____~ near his desk.

Disgusting.

“Couldn’t Jonghyun pick a prettier girl to flirt with?” I asked at the air, Minho and Taemin looked at me.

“I think she’s cute” Taemin said smiling and turning again to see Jonghyun, like he was a movie.

“Yeah, she’s very pretty. You jealous, Key?” Minho asked lifting a frown.

I snorted, “Yeah, sure”

 

OK, she was a pretty girl, I acknowledge it. But she’s really rude and stubborn.

I took a chocolate from my bag, opened it and started to eat it while walking to the trash can near the door to throw the paper. It was one of those that I gave to _____~.

I approached back to the guys and I saw Jonghyun was doing the same as well.

“Hey! You Casanova” Onew told Jonghyun patting his back.

“How did it go?” Minho asked him messing his hair.

Jonghyun chuckled and looked at the floor.

“Yah yah, it went pretty well actually. Guys, look at this” Jonghyun said and opened a magazine in some page; it had a picture of a beautiful girl in the beach…

That was _____~.

“What the…” Onew muttered.

“She looks hot!” Minho yelled and Taemin covered his mouth.

Jonghyun smirked, “Yeah, I know, right? She looks awesome”

 

Truthfully, she looks very nice…

“Well, good luck Jongie” Taemin told him smiling.

I snorted; “Yeah, good lu- wait” I opened my eyes and looked at Jonghyun

I can use her. Yeah… she will do!

Jonghyun looked at me with curiosity, “What?” he asked

“She’s perfect!” I shouted excited

Minho opened wide his eyes, “You said she was ugly!”

Taemin lifted a frown, “Perfect for what?”

 

“My visual arts club project!” I yelled smiling.