Preparing for Hell

Us Against The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jae!" Hyunjoo shouted, running over to her friend's side, "You stupid brat! Why would you go an do that? Do you have any idea how worried I was? Ugh I hate you so much!" Jae chuckled at her teary eyed friend, rolling her eyes at her. "Cuz I wanted to, duh. And I hate you too," Jae said jokingly, a smirk on her face. Hyunjoo sobbed, slapping her friend in the arm. "You know what I mean! Gosh, what's wrong with you child!" "Everything." "Jae Hwa stop messing with me!" "Geez, fine! I'm sorry!" Jae hissed as she rubbed where the older girl had smacked her.

After Jae had woken up (that is, after she had fallen in and out of consciousness a couple of times), Kai moved her to an open living room like area where Hyunjoo promptly burst onto the scene to hug her friend to death. "Promise you'll never pull something like that again," Hyunjoo insisted, looking at Jae straight on. Jae shrugged her shoulders and shifted her position in the chair. "Well I could... But you and I both know that it would be pointless, right?" Jae chuckled, blowing some hair out of her face. "Ugh, I give up," Hyunjoo sighed as she took a seat on another couch.

The room fell silent for a few minutes, before Hyunjoo spoke again. "Hey... I heard you met up with Zelo, Yongguk, and Youngjae," she said. Jae looked up at her friend and slowly nodded her head. Hyunjoo sighed, "I talked with Daehyun, Himchan, and Jongup." Jae's eyes widened in shock. "What? When? Where?" she stammered. "I walked around to look for you with Baekhyun, and they somehow found us there," she told the younger. "That means they know where we are," Jae said. "And more importantly, who we're associated with..." Hyunjoo nodded her head, a grave expression on her face. "I know..." 

"Hey, we got some food for you," Kyungsoo interrupted, talking through the door before opening it with his foot. A tray of food was in his hands as he entered. "Hopefully this will help you recover to full health," he told Jae. She blinked at him and stared at the food he placed on her lap. "Uh... thanks," she said quietly, nodding her head at him. "We're going to have a meeting in a few minutes by the way," he told her before walking out of the room, causing her the furrow her brows.

"Meeting? About what?" she asked. "They're going to help us," Hyunjoo explained. Jae blinked at the older girl. "Help us... with what?" Hyunjoo scoffed, rubbing the back of her neck in annoyance at her friends slowness, though she couldn't really blame a girl who had just woken up a few minutes ago. "They're going to help us clear TEEN TOP's name," she said with the most serious expression Jae had ever seen her make. Jae coughed on the spoon of soup she had brought to her lips. "Ack!" she exclaimed as the food burned , "What?" "You heard me Jae," Hyunjoo stated.

Just as Jae was going to question Hyunjoo further, Kyungsoo walked back into the room, the rest of guys following him. "Hey, are you feeling better?" Sehun asked Jae, who responded with a quiet nod. "Well she had enough energy to be snarky and sarcastic, so I'd say her recovery has been going smoothly," Hyunjoo said spitefully, causing the others to laugh. Jae rolled her eyes once more, eating her food silently.

Baekhyun discreetly moved to sit beside Hyunjoo, who smiled at him when he appeared in her peripheral vision. "Hey," he said with a small grin as he sat. She smiled at him softly, "Hi." "Mind if I sit here?" Luhan interrupted, sitting on the opposite side of Hyunjoo. She shook her head and smiled. "Go ahead." She failed to hear the quiet cursing coming out of Baekhyun's mouth.

"So, we have come together with the purpose of clearing the names of the members of TEEN TOP, who were wrongly accused of creating chemically enhanced drugs," Suho stated. Kai moved over to sit beside Jae, who ignored his presence and continued to eat her food silently. Kai frowned and jostled her, causing her soup spill out a bit. She growled and sent him a glare. He responded with shrug and mouthed "sorry" to her before grabbing a napkin to help clean her up. But Jae snatched the paper from his hand angrily and cleaned everything herself. Hyunjoo watched from the opposi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter