Moments for Two

Us Against The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunjoo didn't know what to do. 

She thought she just had to wait and Jae would come back soon enough, just like she always did when she had to blow off steam. The older girl had taken the liberty of taking a shower and changing into some pajamas to pass the time. But it was already 1 in the morning, and Jae still had not returned.

The older girl layed on the large queen sized bed, her body curled into the feedle position. 

They were best friends. What would happen if she didn't come back? Jae was alway very tempermental and would do stupid things without thinking about the consequences. And if she did something that made her end up in jail just like Teen Top, Hyunjoo would end up all alone... again. Just like she was when she was eight. There would be no one there to help or comfort her.

She was lost in this train of thought until a knock at the door pulled her mind back to reality. The girl blinked several times before she realized someone was knocking for her to open the door. She sprang up quickly and walked to the door, unlocking it and pulling it open to see who was waiting outside.

She was greeted by a figity Baekhyun. He looked at her as she opened the door, as if he wasn't expecting her to open it.

"H-Hi..." Baekhyun stuttered, looking down for a few seconds before looking back at her.

"Hi..." She replied quietly. Blinking as she stared at him. "Um... did you... want something?"

"O-Oh! Yes! Right! Well..." He began, rubbing the back of his neck, "I was just a little worried about you. Your friend hasn't come back yet huh?"

Hyunjoo blinked and nodded slowly. "Yeah..."

Baekhyun nodded in an awkward manner before cleaning his throat and resuming the conversation.

"Well... I just wanted to ask if you wanted to um, hang out downstairs? With me?" He asked.

Hyunjoo's eyes widened. "Oh! Um..." She began. He quickly added on, "It's just, I was thinking that you might be lonely. That's why I asked!"

She tried very hard to suppress her laughter before smiling and nodding her head. "Thank-you for worrying about me. Sure! I would love to."

Baekhyun's face brightened up. "Really?!? A-Awesome! I mean- great! Let's go! We can sit by the fire place and watch movies and stuff~" He said as Hyunjoo walked out of her room with a blanket.

He closed her door and walked downstairs with her into the living room. The fireplace was already a blaze, warming up the room and casting a beautiful amber glow over everything. Hyunjoo sat on the couch and snuggled inside her blanket as Baekhyun watched her get comfortable, chuckling to himself softly. Hyunjoo raised an eyebrow.

"What's so funny?" She asked, a confused expression on her face.

Baekhyun shook his head and chuckled more. "Nothing. You just... look cute..." He said before turning away quickly and looking through all the DVDs they had.

Hyunjoo's face had a sudden cast of bright pink on her cheeks. She hid her face in the blanket quickly to calm herself down and so Baekhyun couldn't see. After Baekhyun had chosen The Avengers, the turned back to a blanket covered Hyunjoo. He laughed and sat next to her, poking her face through the blanket.

"Hey~ You hiding from me?" He asked, tilting his head as he continued to poke her playfully.

"N-No! I'm just... cold... yeah..." She said, speaking muffled through the cloth that divided them.

Baekhyun smiled and patted her head. "By the way... I'm sorry for always snapping at you... I'm not good with expression myself." He whispered lowly.

Hyunjoo blinked and peeked out of the blanket, only to see his face looking extremely guilt ridden. His eyes were looking in to the fire, and his face was frowning as he bit his lower lip. His eyebrows furrowed as if he was thinking deeply.

"It's okay. I forgive you..." She whispered.

He quickly turned towards her, his eyes widened. "Really?" He asked.

She pulled the blanket away from her face and nodded, smiling brightly at him. He smiled back, eyes beaming with happiness.

"Thank you so much!" He said, grinning madly.

She giggled quiet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter