The Story

Us Against The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_____

"O-Omma... Omma!" The girl cried, banging at the door which had just slammed shut. There was a commotion on the other side of the door. "Wouldn't you like to think about this again, your daughter being left here at her age-" The voice of the female social worker began.

"No. She's not my daughter. Just because I gave birth to her doesn't mean I have any actual relation to her. #*$@, I don't need to care for her since her father died. More life insurance money for me to spend~"

"Please Ma'am, if you would just reconsider-" "I'm leaving now. Take care of the brat will ya?" The voice of the mother hissed as the sound of footsteps and a slamming door was heard. The small black haired girl leaned against the door and sunk to her feet. "Omma.." She whispered before hot tears streamed down her face.

"A-Ahem..." The girl flinched, starteled as she looked up slightly. A black haired boy, who looked a bit older than her, was peering down at her small face. "My name's Choi Minho... What's yours?" He asked, smiling gently at her.

The boy kneeled down next to her, brushing her shaggy bangs out of her eyes so he could get a better look at her. "...Song.. Jae Hwa.." She whispered under her breath.

"Song Jae Hwa..?" He asked, thinking for a moment, and then smiling happily at her, "I like that name! Can I call you Jae-Jae?" She blinked. No one had ever called her that name before. After a moment of silence she replied, "Sure..?" The boy beamed happily and took her hand.

"Jae-Jae~ Do you want to be my friend? I just got here too, my parents are in heaven right now, but I'm sure they'll be back for me soon!" He smiled.

Jae stared at him and tilted her little four year old head. "Mmmmm... Okay!" She answered, smiling a little. "Yay!" Minho cheered, taking her hand and leading her to where the toys were. Who was this tall boy who wanted to be her friend? Was her Omma coming back for her like Minho's parents were? Jae had a million other questions, but they all seemed to disappear as they played with each other and some of the other kids. Soon it was bed time. 

_____

 

"So.. You're joining L.Joe and them..?" Minho asked quietly. They were both sitting on a flat rock at the edge of the lake. The dark haired boy chose a small black stone and threw it into the water, watching it skip. 1...2...3...4...5 skips.. "Yeah... I'm breaking out of the orphanage.. just like you.." She replied softly, looking down at the rippling water.

"I trust that they will take care of you.." He replied, nodding his head slightly in approval.

Minho had always been her rolemodel. He ran away from the childrens home at the age of 12 when he was finally told the horrific reason for his parents death. He had begun to hate the people that kept him inside that building, and one night, he just.. left. He wrote secret letters to Jae, that were somehow delievered underneath her pillow every night. She found out that he had joined a gang called the Renagades. That was the reason that she decided to joined a gang as well. Her friend L.Joe from school was inside a gang called TEEN TOP, and he said she could join if she ever wanted to.

But Minho was 14 now.. Jae was only 9. She was still much younger than he was. But for some reason, no matter what she had heard about him, stealing, breaking public property, or handeling drugs, she still respected him. He was the person that she kept closest in her heart. Although she never told him, she loved him dearly; her first and only friend. And she knew he did too.

"Nae.. They're moving into a city very far from here though..." She replied, turning her head to get a better glimps of his face. His large hazel eyes were focused, his lightly tanned skin glistened from sweat, and his bangs fell shaggily against his forehead. Perfect... But that didn't surprise her. He had always been perfect.

"Tell them to make an alliance with the Renagades, okay?" He said as he turned to face her, his eyes glinted with worry. She stared at him and tilted her head. "Okay.." She whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter