09

A Surprising Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My last semester result is already out. I can check it online. Unfortunately, my broadband is block because my father forgot to pay it for this month. I need to go to the town and find a cybercafé so that I can access to my email.

I bring the kids with me. I can’t leave them alone at the house. Who know what a five year old girl and a 3 year old boy will do if they are being left without any elders to look for them. They follow me with ease because I promise to treat them an ice cream.

The street is fills with crowd. It’s really hard to drive across them. “What is going on here?” I ask myself and look around. I see lots of people are crowding at one coffee shop. There’re also reporters and cameramen. Then, I pass through a van. It’s Infinite van. 

“Hyung.” Hyunri leans over the window. “It’s hyung over there.” He points at the coffee shop.

I and Minjung stare at the where Hyunri said. Then I can see a silhouette that I recognize so well. It’s Myungsoo. He’s doing a filming at the coffee shop with the other infinite’s members. I park my car quite far from there. There’s no any parking space near where they’re doing the filming.

“Can we go and meet Oppa?”  Minjung pulls my sleeves to catch my attention.

“Let me ask him first okay?” I take out my cell phone from my pocket and dial his number. He doesn’t pick up. I try again and still no answer.

“Minjung-ah, I think Myungsoo oppa is busy right now. Maybe later.” I put my phone back into my pocket and walk to the cybercafé where I intend to go earlier. The kids trail me from behind.

I walk into a purple painted shop along with the kids. I tell the person who’s in charge at the counter that I want to use the computer for how long. I also rent another computer for the kids to use so that they won’t get bored while waiting for me.

30 minutes later, my phone vibrates. I read the phone screen Myungsoo is sending me text massage.  I read it.

 

From: Myungsoo

Text: You called? Sorry. I was in the middle of shooting just now.

 

My fingers runs through the cell phone key pad and reply to him.

 

To: Myungsoo

Text: Oh mianhae. These kids want to see you. We’re right around the corner. It’s okay. I already told them that you’re busy.

 

I wait another 5 minutes but he hasn’t reply. I get back to surfing the internet. I sign in into my email and look through if there’s any new email send to me. I click the inbox and there’s one from my university. I click on it and went thought it. Huh? My result is here. I got ___. That’s good. I thought I was going to get more worst than that.

My phone ringtone is beeping. I answer the call. “Hello…”

“Hello.” Myungsoo’s voice is over the phone. “Hey, where are you?”

“I’m at the cybercafé. Why?”

“Come to the coffee shop. I want you to meet my friends.”

“Friends?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter