15

A Surprising Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I wake up from a restless sleep, feeling really empty. I curl into a ball shape, pulling my duvet to warm my freezing body. I touch my eyes, it is swelling. It must be due to the crying last night.  My heart still hurt. I hold my chest as if the pain can be removes.

It wasn’t my fault. I repeat the same sentence over and over again. It’s still dark outside. I check the timer on my cell phone. Its 6.05 am. No wonder. Even the sun hasn’t risen yet. I sit straight on the bed and my hair to the back.

“What should I do to teach that little rascal a lesson?”  I close my eyes. Dani’s image appears in my mind. She’s holding Myungsoo hand and they walk away from me. Dani turns around and a smirk is flashes from her.

I open my eyes. Shriek is coming out from my mouth and I slam my hands several times on the bed. My breathing turns faster.

Then my bedroom light is suddenly being switch on. I startle and get back to reality.

“Are you alright?” My grandmother approaches me and my back.

I don’t give her any answer, just stare into her eyes.

“What happened?” She questions, widening her eyes once she see my swollen face.

“Myungsoo breaks up with me.” I mumble.

“What? Why? I thought he’s a great guy?”

“Yes he is.” Mentioning about this again, make my tears form in my eyes again. “Some idiot girl is trying to break us apart and yeah… she succeeds.”

“Girl?”

“You know… Dani… The teenage girl who lives across the street.”

“That girl? Oh, I never like her.”

The statement coming from my grandmother’s mouth surprised me. It’s hard for her to not like somebody. Dani must have done something to her.

My grandmother continues with her words. “She’s really rude to me. I don’t even know where to start.”

“Do you know anything about her, grandma?”

“Emmm… not really.” She crosses her arms. “But I heard that her parents do not live tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter