02

A Surprising Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sit at the lawn, waiting for my grandmother to arrive home. It’s almost dinner, Minjung and Hyunri already being picked up by their parents. I was a bit disappointed because it was not their brother who came.

What? What am I saying? This is ridiculous. I shake my head.

“_____, what are you doing out here?” My grandmother walks through the front gate with a paper bag clutch in her hand.

“I’m waiting for you.” I amble to her and help her carry the paper bag. “What is this?”  A strong spicy smell comes out from the paper bag.

“Spicy chicken stew and vegetables.”

“What for?”

“Dinner?” She answers, uncertain why I’m asking like that. A frown shows on her face.

“I know but why all of the sudden?”

“Oh…” She giggles. “I get a bonus for today so I thought we can eat something special tonight.”

Wow. The bonus must be a lot. My grandmother is kind of a cheap person. She doesn’t really spend money for small stuff like this. Well, she’s not really stingy, more of a thrifty person.

I serve the food on a plate and we sit facing each other at the table. She tells me about her work and her friends. She says that her boss made a sudden visit to the factory and coincidently my grandmother is the one who doing a really hard work until she skipped lunch at that time. That’s why her boss is giving her bonus.

“What about you? Does the kids giving any trouble?” She asks me.

“No, they’re doing fine. Good kids.” I bite the chicken drumstick that is in my hand.

“Nothing new?”

Then I remember about their brother. Wonder if my grandmother knows about him. She never mentions that those kids have a brother. A hot one-to be exact.

“Well… there is.” I say, focusing my eyes on her. “I never knew they have a brother. Do you know about him?”

She chews the food in and swallows it. “Really? I don’t know about that.”

Oh she also doesn’t know. I was thinking of asking more about him. It’s fine. I can just ask this matter to Minjung or Hyunri tomorrow.  

“How does he look like?” She’s being inquisitive. “Handsome? Cute? Is that why you’re asking about him?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter