17

A Surprising Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sound of the alarm from my phone is really irritating. It’s forcing me to get up. I press the dismiss button and get back into snuggling my pillow and shut my eyes.

 

“Don’t be sad anymore.”

“I'll try.”

 “No, you can’t try. You have to.”

“And why is that?”

“Because you have me.”

 

This is wrong. I don’t have him any longer. He’s not going to be here when I need him. It’s been almost two weeks since he end our relationship.

I gap my eyes slowly, peering around my room which is getting brighter as a result from the lights shining from the sun. Every time I close my eyes, the only thing that plays in my mind is our memory. I’m getting really tired with all this. I can’t even cry anymore. I have to move on, he’s not for me. I have to remember that.

Nevertheless, I don’t think it’s going to be that easy. He leaves a scar inside my heart to bring along for until when, I don’t know. I wonder if he feels the same, like I do right now. Is he still thinking of me or he’s already with someone else right now? I touch the necklace that he gives me. I still wear it. Should I take it off? No. I'll do it later.

Today is the last day I’m here. After one o’clock, I'll drive back to my college-leaving my life as a student again. My grandmother prepares some special foods for lunch today since she’s not working in the weekend. I tell her that I want to help her but she insisted of doing it alone. While she is cooking I decide to pack up all my things and before 10, all my of it are ready. I just have to put it in the car.

“_____, let’s eat. Lunch is ready.” My grandmother calls me from the dining room. I come out from my bedroom and sit with her at the dining table. She really did cook something special. This is all my favorite food and it’s a lot too. She passes me the rice bowl. I eat slowly, to enjoy the taste of the food.

After having the delicious lunch, I take a long warm bath until my grandmother knock on the door telling me to wrap it up before she burst in. I laugh a little when I realize I was day dreaming inside the bathtub.

I wear a plain white long sleeves t-shirt and jeans. To make sure I’m comfortable enough for the long drive later. I start to put my luggage into the car bonnet. It’s really heavy that I have to pick it up, one by one. Even my grandmother helps me put the little things such as my laptop, books and toiletries into the car. She can’t carry heavy things or her back will get hurt. I won’t let her to lift my heavy luggage when I can do it myself.

Just then, a familiar looking car, parks a bit far from my grandmother’s house. It’s Myungsoo. What is he doing here? Maybe Minjung told him that I’m going back to college today. He is standing next to his car, staring at me. I wait for his reaction but he just stands there-like a lamp post. So, I ignore him and I keep on putting my things into the car.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter