08

A Surprising Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I ask for a day off today from Mr. and Mrs. Kim. I sat on the couch, watching television the whole day. It only 10 o’clock in the morning but I’m already getting bored.

I stand up and amble to the kitchen to find something that I can nibbles on. The cabinet door makes a squeaking sound when I’m gapping it. Only fruits and breads are in there. I close it and get back to the chair who’s being a good company of me for this whole morning.

Someone knock on the door. I turn off the television t make sure that the door is really being knocked. Again, the sound is heard.  I unlock the door but no one is there. I furrow my eyebrows. Is someone trying to pull a prank on me? I look around and something is placed in front of the door. I lower down my body and take a hold of it. Flour? What is this for? I study the flour and a card is attaches to it.

 

“Search this to find the name of the guy who would love to go out with you.”

 

I recognize this handwriting. I giggle as Myungsoo’s face appears in my mind. Is he the one who did this? I peer around to look for Myungsoo but there’s no sign of him. Not even his car. I take the floor inside and tear the flour cover. I shove my hand into the floor to search for the name as the card told me. Is there another card inside here? I question myself as I grab a bowl and pour the flour inside it. I dig into the flour but nothing is in there. I’m getting frustrated.  This is stupid.

The door is being knocks again. Quickly, I run towards the door before the person could leave again like earlier. I gap the door instantly and a view of a man that I love come into my sight. He is holding a bouquet of white roses and a naughty smile is flashes from his innocent-cute face.

“Sorry, wrong flower.” He chuckles. “Will you go out for another date with me?”   

I beam towards him. “Is that for me?” I points to the roses.

He nods and passes it to me. “Aren’t you going to invite me in?”

“Oh my bad, come on in.” I make some space for him to walk in. I keep the roses into a transparent vase next to the window at the end of my bedroom. He tells me to get ready while he’s waiting in the living room. Without waiting and considering anything else, I change into a much better clothe than what I’m wearing right now (you have no idea how bad I look) and smudge a natural make up on my face. I pull my hair into a ponytail like I always do and grab everything that I needs and toss it into my hand bag.

“I’m ready.”

He turns around to take a look at me. “That was quick.” He smirks. “Are you that happy to go out with me?”

Okay what is wrong with that smirk? I pout my lips to him and ignore his question. He simply just laughs and walks out of the house. I trail him from behind.

“You don’t have any schedule for today?”

“Nope.”

“Where’s your car?” I ask him.

“I didn’t drive today.” He drags a bicycle from behind a wall. “I cycle. We’re riding a bicycle today.” He shrieks and smiles from ear to ear.

“You don’t have to over reacting like that.” I said.

“Well, sorry for being happy because I thought my girlfriend will be excited with this.” He responds sarcastically and mounts the bicycle with a frowning face.

“Myungsoo, I was joking.” I chuckle but the expression on his face isn’t changing. Oh my, am I in trouble? “Myungsoo?” I tried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter