10

A Surprising Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Good morning birthday girl!” My grandmother walks into my room early in the morning. She holds a cake in her hands.

I yawn and stretch my arms. “It’s not even 8 yet.”  I blink my eyes several times.

“Birthday girl have to wake up early.” She answers. “Here… Look what I’ve got for you.”

I watch as she approaches me and sing to me the happy birthday song. I beam and blow the three candles that are sticking on the cake’s surface. My grandmother is the third person wishing me happy birthday after my parents last night.

“Go take a bath and you can eat this for breakfast.” She’s referring to the cake. “I'll put in the kitchen.” My grandmother smiles and walks out of the room. 

The rest of the morning went over very quickly. I look through my social networking page.  There’re several people and some of my friends who wish me but still none from the two people that I hope the most. My best friend and Myungsoo.

I could except if Myungsoo doesn’t wish me, because he might doesn’t know about it but if my best friend forget it, I’m going to cut her head off.

“____.” My grandmother calls me from the front door-jolt me up from the sofa. “Someone is here to see you.”

I amble to the front door and a vision of a girl, almost as tall as me, storms right to me and gives a really tight hug. “____!” She shrieks. “Happy birthday girl!”

What is she doing here? It’s my best friend, Ahreum. I’m so happy to see her. I hug her back. “Thank you.”

“I have a present for you.” She hands me a square box wrapped with duck wrapping paper.

“How thoughtful.” I receive it with an amazement show in my face. “But what are you doing here?” I ask carefully so that she won’t be offend by my question.

“It’s your birthday so I wanna surprise you and… here I am.” She widens her arms and flashes her straight white teeth.

Having her here is more than enough. It’s been so long since I last saw her. She goes to another college and takes a completely different course from me. But that doesn’t change the fact that we are still best friend.

I invite her in.

“So… ” Ahreum begin the conversation. She sits next to me on the sofa. “What’s new?”

I bite my lower lips. I’m a bad friend for not telling her about Myungsoo. She’s one of the Inspirit (Infinite fan). Should I speak about it to her now?

“I know you hide something from me.” She narrows her eyes and moves closer to me. Ahreum points her index finger to my face, making me jerk backwards. “Spit it!”

“No… uh… umm… nothing?” I stammer and raise my shoulders.

“Tell me…” She makes her puppy eyes and out her lower lips. Come on… I can’t stand this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter