06

A Surprising Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My alarm sounds. It rings from my cell phone. I press the dismiss button. The pillow under my arm, I grip and use it to cover my face. Then, I recall something. I grab my phone back and check on the timer.

8.40

! I’m late.

I push the duvet that is covering my body, down to my feet. Quickly, I jog to the bathroom and take a quick warm bath. I stand in front of the wardrobe, staring at my clothes collecting, thinking of what to wear. I look through whatever inside the wardrobe as fast as I can. A light pink blouse catches my glimpse. I take it and put it on me along with my white skinny jeans.

 My grandmother suddenly burst into my room. “_____ hurry, your boyfriend is waiting outside.”

“He’s not my boyfriend.” I say while do a last checking on my appearance in the mirror.

“You look beautiful.” She grins and leans against the door.

I amble to her and give her a peck on her cheek. “Thanks grandma.” I say and leave the house.

Myungsoo is already here. He stands next to his car, playing with his car keys. I walk towards him. He takes off his glasses when he sees me.

“You look great.” He opens the car’s door for me.

I beam and get into his car. He does the same and he helps me to wear the seatbelt. I turn back to give a wave at my grandmother who is standing at the front door. Myungsoo drives away from my grandmother’s neighborhood.

In our way to somewhere I don’t even know where he’s taking me; we’re in a good conversation. Nothing awkward. Just a normal friend conversation. He tells me that last night, Minjung having a dream about me. She’s calling me in her sleep. That little girl is really sweet. We also talk about some other random stuff, and never touch about feelings matter.

He stops his car when we reach a park fill with greenery. The car’s engine is turn off. I take off the seat belt.

“What are we doing here?” I rotate my body to him.

He smile and get off the car. Myungsoo opens the door on my side and reach out his hand to me. I grab it and step out of the car.

“We’re going for a walk.” He intertwines his hand with mine. “Is it okay with you?”

I can feel a little heat on my cheeks. My hand is heated by the warm from his hand. I intend to pull away but that might seems rude, so I pretend like it is nothing. I never had been to a walk with a guy before, even more, holding hands like this.

I look around to see if there are any paparazzi or fan girls. He realize what I did, he chuckle. “Don’t worry. I don’t think anyone would recognize me.”

I check on him again. He is wearing his black hat and sunglasses. I doubt that no one will know who he is. He should put something else to cover his face, a mask maybe. Maybe he’s afraid it might ruin his image. Kind of make sense, but still, he looks good wearing anything. If the rep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter