03

A Surprising Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold morning breeze blows on my hair. I tuck my bangs behind my ears. On the lawn, I sit on the wooden chair, curling with my oversized sweater.

I hardly sleep a wink last night. The note that I got from him last night really bother me. I don’t know what to do. Should I respond to his note or just let it go? I let him go once, I can’t do it again. But what if he already has someone else now? Aren’t I going to embarrass myself? Besides, he’s mad at me right?

One heavy sigh comes out from my mouth. I get inside and boil some water. While waiting I check my face in the mirror. I look terrible. Dark circle surrounds both of my eyes and my face is really pale. I splash the tap water to my face. I brush my teeth and take a quick bath with the hot water. Really soothing but I can’t take my time too long cause I’m boiling some water in the kitchen. I get ready as fast as I can and make some hot coco.

I lean against the kitchen counter, drinking my hot coco. It calms my bewilder mind. Suddenly I think of my parents. My mother always made me hot coco when it’s cold. It’s been more than 3 weeks that I haven’t seen them. A week after my semester break begin, I came to grandmother’s house straight away.

“You’re already awake?” My grandmother approaches into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes.

“Yeah, can’t sleep.” I slurp my coco.

She observes my face and the grip on my chin. “You look awful!”

“I know that, grandma.” I struggle my face away from her hand.

My grandmother grabs a white medium bowl and cleans some fresh vegetables and berries from the fridge. She chops it nicely and mixes it in the bowl. “Here eat this, you’ll feel more energetic.”

I receive the plate and nibble on the food. It’s not cook but it’s delicious. After that, I help her making some breakfast. She gets ready to go for work and I on the other hand, can’t control my heart from beating faster than usual. I keep thinking of him. I really hope he’s the one who’s going to send those kids here today. I’m not going to talk to him but I just want to see his face. I haven’t got the chance to do it yesterday.

The fact that he is probably mad at me won’t stop my desire to see him. I just want to catch a sight of him, not more. I’m not going to ask for his apology or anything. I will pretend like nothing was ever happened between us. 

My daily routine goes on for the rest of the week. I wake up early and wait for the kids to arrive. More like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter