04

A Surprising Meeting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Eonni, please come…” Minjung hugs my arm.

“I… I don’t know.”

“Awww…” She pouts. “My brother wants to see you.”

Today is the third day she’s begging me to meet her brother. He wants to meet me and this is all because she kept telling her brother about me. Minjung told me he tells her brother that I asked about him and I was thinking of buying him ice cream and everything. This is so embarrassing. Plus, I’m not ready to meet head-on with him yet.

 “Next time, alright Minjung?” I rub her head.

“Ani…” She pushes my hand away. “Oppa’s sick and he really want to see you.”

“Nuna…” This time Hyunrin is pleading. “Pweaaase…”

“Please.” I correct him.

How can I say no to those puppy eyes? These kids really know my weakness. Should I go? Argh! I don’t know. What if when I go, he’ll scream at me? Or he’ll embarrass me in front of these kids? No. That won’t happen. He’s not that kind of guy. Besides, Myungsoo has a fever for more than a week now. I should give him a visit.

I sigh. “Arasseo…”

“Finally!” Both of them hug me.

“When do you want me to go?”

“Right now.” Minjung stands up pulling her little brother along.

“Now?” I widen my eyes.

Hyunri grips my hand. “Now.Let’s go…”

I give up and follow both of them. I take my car keys and drive away. Minjung and Hyunri sit at the back seat, playing with each other. Kids. I thought. Why are they so excited that I’m going to meet his brother?

Minjung lead the way. She directs me on where to make a turn and which road should I use. I’m not familiar with the street here. Good thing this young girl remember the way. I might have gone astray if I’m by myself.

I drive into a peaceful neighborhood. On my left and right are palm trees align neatly. Greeneries are the first thing that comes to my sight. I peer around in amazement. Houses in this neighborhood are really big and stunning.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter