The Singer

Sound of Love

 

 “Him?” She tilted her head a little bit. “I don’t know. He’s new. I think his name is Kyungsoo.”

“Kyungsoo huh.” Joonmyun repeated the name.

“Well he sings really well.” Kris chimed in.

“Yeah and he’s so cute!” Luhan said ogling at the boy on stage.

“God Luhan, he looks half your age. Stop being such a predator.” Lay says.

“Rawr.  You know how I like them. A little fresh looking.” Luhan says with a wink.

“How about we order huh guys?” Joonmyun says to the others. They divert their attention back to their menus and being to tell Sooyoung their order. Joonmyun glances back at the stage. –Luhan is right, he is kind of cute. And that voice…—

He ignores the comment in his mind as soon as Sooyoung takes his order

The food comes out and they start eating and chatting like old times. They pick on Luhan because he keeps calling Sooyoung, ‘unnie’ every time she comes over, but he just waves them off because he loves the girl. He even offers to use her as a model for his next painting.

She laughs and says she’ll do it only if she gets a good tip. They all laugh because they never not give her a good tip.

The night went on and time passes by as they consume more alcohol and talk about useless things.

Soon enough the restaurant was closing.

Joonmyun looked back at the stage to see the singer gone. That was unfortunate because he was hoping to talk to him. For whatever reason, he didn’t know, but he felt the urge to.

Luckily for him, his bandmates were there cleaning up and so he thought he might have a chat with them.

“Excuse me.”

A tall boy with dark skin turns around holding a guitar. “Yes? Can I help you?”

“I was wonder who that boy was who was singing earlier.”

“Oh, him? I don’t really know actually. He’s new here.” The boy said as he was packing up.

“Oh. Okay thanks.” Joonmyun said disappointed walking away. “So much for that.”

“What was that all about?” The drummer asked.

“I don’t know Tao, but he was asking about Kyungsoo.”

“Kai, you know who those guys are right?”

“Yeah. They’re the F4 of the elites. Youngest and richest bachelors out there.” Kai said glancing over to their table.

“Not to mention ruthless es. I don’t want Kyungsoo anywhere near one of them.”

“Me either Tao. Me either.”

----

“What was that all about?” Kris asked as Joonmyun came back to sit down.

“Oh nothing, just curious.”

“You know curiosity killed the cat.” Lay said laughing.

“Yeah and it looks like too many drinks killed Luhan.” Joonmyun laughed at the Luhan passed out with his head on the table.

“I can take him home. You guys go on ahead.” Kris offered.

“Good because I don’t want to deal with that.” Lay said standing up and dashing off before Kris could change his mind.

----

Joonmyun went back to the office the next day.

“Hey bun.”

“Hey .”

Joonmyun just glared at Xiumin filing his nails at his desk. “You know, I pay you to actually do something around here.”

“I am doing something. I’m filing my nails.”

Joonmyun rolled his eyes. “You should be fired.”

“You should be quiet. I do what I want.”

“Ugh.” Joonmyun started to walk into his office.

“Oh wait.”

“What now?”

“The caterers are here for you to taste the food for the party this weekend and the florist are here for you to look at the flowers.”

“Seriously? When do I ever go do that stuff?” Joonmyun said complaining.

“Well it’s the opening of your newest department store of the future or some like that, don’t you want it to be perfect?”

“But Minnie~ can’t you go do it for me?” Joonmyun said cutely.

“You call me unprofessional. I’ll go with you, but you need to do it yourself.”

“Fine. Let’s go.”

----

Joonmyun sighed. “All the appetizers taste bad, I need something new. Entrees are okay. But seriously cheesecake for dessert? What is this a birthday party? Give me something grander than some ing cheesecake!” He said yelling at the caterer. “Now leave and fix this. I expect the ing best.”

He turned to the florist. “And you. This is a ing black and white event, and you put in ing pink flowers? What the hell is wrong with you! Go and ing fix this.” The florist quickly bowed and scurried off so she didn’t have to face his wrath anymore.

“Xiumin I told you to do this because now I’m getting upset.” Joonmyun said rubbing his temple.

“Well you’re going to be more upset.”

“Oh god Xiumin—“

“The band cancelled on us.”

“What the hell is going with today!?” Joonmyun yelled. “How dare they ing cancel on me I am Kim ing—“ Joonmyun paused for a second as he got an idea.

“Joonmyun. Your name is Joonmyun dear.” Xiumin said giggling.

“Shut up I know my own name. I just got an idea. Don’t worry about the band, I got that covered. You deal with this catering and florist . I’m tired of it.”

“Yeah yeah whatever princess.” Xiumin said waving him off.

“I hate you.” Joonmyun said storming off.

----

Joonmyun arrived at the restaurant again before it opened for dinner, hoping to catch the boy who sang yesterday.

“Joonie!” Sooyoung said greeting him. “What are you doing here? We don’t open for dinner till another hour.”

“Yeah I know, I was just hoping to meet that boy that sang yesterday.” Joonmyun said looking around.

“Oh, is it me, or do I detect someone has a crush?” Sooyoung said smiling.

“Shut up. You know I don’t swing that way.”

“That not what Minnie told me.” She said in a I-know-everything voice.

“Wh-what?! God dammit that big mouth. That was one time in high school ONE TIME. We drank too much from my parents liquor cabinet and well, we were teenagers! Me and Minni—I mean Xiumin never did anything after that.”

“Okay mister defensive.” She said holding her hands up.

“You know I could get you fired from here.”

“No you can’t. My dad’s the owner.” She said smirking.

“Damn you and nepotism. Look, the band I was suppose to have at the opening of my new department store bailed so I need a new one.”

“Uh huh. Sure.” She smirked. “He’s suppose to be here in about 30 minutes. You can wait if you want.”

“Alright fine.” He said sitting down. This was new for him because he never waited for… anyone. Joonmyun was kind of an impatient person.

Sooyoung brought him some water while he waited. “I’m invited to your party right?” She asked handing him the glass of water.

“No.”

She took the water back. “Fine.”

“I was kidding! As long as you have a date, I don’t care.” He said grabbing the water.

“I do. His name is Choi Siwon. He’s a model for Kris.”

“Cute.”

“I know.” She said gigging. “Oh, look. Your lover boy is here early.” She said pointing to the stage.

“Shut up, or I’ll tell security to let you nowhere near my opening party.”

“Whatever Joonie.”

Joonmyun walked over to the stage where the boy was setting up his back was facing him so he tried to get his attention. “Excuse me.”

But the boy didn’t respond so Joonmyun tried again. “Excuse me.”

But again, the boy didn’t respond which got Joonmyun a little annoyed. He grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. “You should answer me when I’m talking to you.”

When he faced Joonmyun, his eyes were wide as if he was looking at someone that was about to kill him and he was fearing for his life. He took out his headphones. “I’m sorry, I wasn’t able to hear you.”

“Oh.” Joonmyun felt embarrassed that he was so rough. “It’s fine.” As he looked at the boy, his eyes were huge and they he could wear that they he never blinked, but that’d be crazy right? The boy intently stared at him.

Joonmyun hesitates to talk at first because the way he was staring at him was kind of creepy, to say the least. “Well anyways. I’m Kim Joonmyun.” He said extending his hand.

Kyungsoo greet him with a handshake. “I am Do Kyungsoo, nice to meet you sir.” He said with a complete 90 degree bow.

“Please, call me Joonmyun.”

“I’m sorry could you repeat that?” Kyungsoo said as he straightened himself from the bow.

“Call me Joonmyun.”

“Uhm. Alright. What can I help you with?”

Joonmyun thought it was a little weird that Kyungsoo hasn’t taken his eyes off of him ever since he started talking. “Well, you see one of my department stores is going to have it’s opening party and I need a band to play.”

“So you want me and my band to play?” Kyungsoo asks tilting his head slightly.

If Joonmyun didn’t think Kyungsoo’s eyes were kind of adorable, he would’ve been creeped out by now. “Yeah. It’s on Saturday and I’d like it if you could play. I listened to you yesterday and you were really good.”

“Thank you.” Kyungsoo said politely. “But I don’t know if Saturday is a good time.”

Joonmyun sighed. “I’ll pay you each 5 grand. I’ll need you for like 5 hours, so it’s a grand per hour.”

“F-five grand?” If it was possible, Kyungsoo’s eyes grew a little wider from shock.

“So are you in or what?”

“I-I guess so.” Kyungsoo stuttered.

“Great. Be at the new Guardian Department store around 6 so you can start setting up. Oh and please wear a suit, this is a formal event.” Joonmyun said as he turned and walked away.

“Uhh, sir! I mean Joonmyun!” Kyungsoo called after him.

Joonmyun turned around. “What is it?”

“I… uhh… I don’t own a suit.”

Joonmyun though that it was cute when he stuttered. “Well I don’t usually do this, but here.” Joonmyun handed him his business card. “Call me on Friday and we can set you and your band up with suits.”

Joonmyun started to walk away again.

“Uhm. Joonmyun!” Kyungsoo called out again.

“What is it?” He asked a little annoyed now.

“I-I don’t own a phone…” Kyungsoo said a little embarrassed.

Joonmyun sighed. How poor was this kid anyways to not have a suit or a phone. “You’re killing me here. Alright fine. Do you have work on Friday?”

“Ye-yes sir.” He said nervously.

“Meet me here at noon so we can get you a suit and get you on time to work. Oh and tell your band mates also.”

“Ye-yes sir.”

“Joonmyun please. Joonmyun. I hate sounding old.” He said flashing a smile.

Kyungsoo nervously returned a weak smile as he watched the man walk away.

“Yah Joonie.” Sooyoung said walking over to him before he left. “You mess with that boy and I’ll break you.”

“I just gave him a job! How is that messing with him?”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “I’m watching you.” She said sticking her tongue out.

He responded with the same action.

“You know this is out of character.” He whispered to himself. But he brushed that thought off because he was just in need of entertainment for his party.

Kyungsoo’s voice would be the perfect entertainment. 



 

 

A/N: Next chapter! Yay! (I hope you don't mind the minor SNSD characters because they will be everywhere in my stories xDDDDD)

Suho and Kyungsoo meet! Yay! Look at that Suho is already falling for Kyungsoo and he doesn't even know it yet. Hehe. Anyways. 

Please comment~ I'd love to see what you guys think of the story. Thanks!

I'm hoping to get the next chapter up soon.