The Secret

Sound of Love

 

 “Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave”

He finished the song with a whisper, as he fell asleep also, thinking of how nice this moment was.

----

Kyungsoo woke up the next morning in the arms of Joonmyun. His eyes quickly widened as he realized the position they were in. He hastily jumped out of bed, causing the other to wake up.

Joonmyun sat up and rubbed his eyes a little. He glanced around and saw Kyungsoo just standing next to the bed. “Oh, you’re awake.” Joonmyun said yawning.

Kyungsoo didn’t say anything. He could only stare at the half Joonmyun. Joonmyun looked at the other confused and then looked down. “Oh.” 

Kyungsoo turned a bright shade of red and quickly left the room. Joonmyun only chuckled at the shy action.

Kyungsoo walked into the dining room to see everyone else already there. Lay and Kai were weirdly feeding each other. Lay was trying to get him to eat off his fork, but Kai was refusing. It was only until Lay started pouting that Kai opened his mouth.

Xiumin sat there wincing in pain as Luhan poked his back, constantly asking him ‘Is it better yet?’ and Xiumin only responded by yelling at him.

Kyungsoo sat down and started to eat as well, with the others greeting him.

Soon Joonmyun walked through the door and joined the group.

“How did everyone sleep?” Joonmyun asked the group.

“We should be asking you that.” Xiumin said grinning, but then Luhan poked him and he yelled out in pain. “Stop that!”

“You’re just so squishy!” Luhan said smiling. Xiumin would slap him if it didn’t hurt so much to raise his arms.

“I slept fine.” Joonmyun said glancing over at Kyungsoo and smiling causing him to blush.

“Yah! You better not have touched him!” Kai said giving him a glare.

Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes at Kai’s outburst. ”Stop it Kai.”

Kai huffed out at the demand, but he kept glaring.

“So what are we going to do today?” Joonmyun asked.

“Well we’re going to the beach.” Lay said feeding Kai again.

“Stop it.” Kai whispered to him, but Lay only smiled.

“Great! How long till we get there?” Luhan said poking Xiumin’s cheek. “You’re still so burned baozi.”

“Stop it.” Xiumin grunted out.

“We’re already here.” Lay said smiling. “Go look.”

They others got up and looked out the window to a view of beautiful crystal clear water, and a gleaming white beach.

“I’m not going.” Xiumin said going back to his seat. “I’m too burned as it is.”

“Oh come on.” Joonmyun said coming up behind him. “It’d be fun!” He forcefully put his hands down on this shoulder.

“ you!” Xiumin said wincing at the pain.

“If you don’t, I’ll keep touching you.” Joonmyun said smirking.

“Fine! I’ll go, but I’ll sit under the umbrella.”

----

And so they were off to the beach to enjoy the rest of the day.

Lay, Kai, Luhan, and Joonmyun played in the water, splashing and dunking each other. Kyungsoo stayed with Xiumin under the shade since he wasn’t a strong swimmer.

“Hey Kyungsoo.” Xiumin called, but the other didn’t answer. He looked over to see that he had headphones on. Xiumin tapped his shoulder and called him again. “Kyungsoo.”

“Oh, sorry.” Kyungsoo said smiling shyly. “I didn’t hear you.”

“It’s okay.” Xiumin said smiling back. “I wanted to ask you something.”

“What is it?”

“What do you think of Joonmyun.”

Kyungsoo tilted his head with a little confusion. He didn’t know where this question came from. “Uhm. He’s nice I suppose, but I don’t know why.”

“Me either.” Xiumin said coolly. “He doesn’t really act like this often. He’s not even nice with me.” He laughed a little. “So there must be something special about you.”

“Why do you think he’s so nice to me?” Kyungsoo said tilting his head a little more trying to think of reasons why anyone would be so nice to him.

“Isn’t it obvious?”

Kyungsoo shook his head no because he had no clue.

“It’s because he likes you.” Xiumin said it as if he actually knew.

“M-me? He likes me? But why?” Kyungsoo’s head was starting to hurt from all the thinking and questioning he was doing.

Xiumin shrugs. “I don’t know. You’ll have to ask him yourself.”

Kyungsoo looked over at the water and caught Joonmyun’s gaze. He cheerfully waved as Luhan splashed him from behind. Kyungsoo shyly waved back.

Joonmyun turned around and dunked Luhan as revenge, but seconds later, he didn’t come up. Joonmyun’s face soon bore a worried look as he frantically searched for him.

Xiumin and Kyungsoo saw what was happening and stood up, also worried.

Joonmyun dived down and when he came back up, he had Luhan’s body very limp in his arms. He rushed back to the beach and Xiumin and Kyungsoo rushing over to him also.

Joonmyun set Luhan down on the beach as Xiumin and Kyungsoo ran up to them and Lay and Kai ran up from the water.

“What happened?!” Lay yelled out.

“I don’t know! We were playing in the water and the next think I know, he’s like this!” Joonmyun said with a lot of worry in his voice.

“He needs CPR!” Kai said.

Xiumin half wished that he didn’t have to do it but he raised his hand. “I know CPR. Give me room.”

The others backed up as Xiumin began the procedures.

Xiumin put two fingers to Luhan’s wrist and waited for a second. “There’s a heartbeat, but it’s faint.” Then he put two fingers underneath his nose. “There’s no breath.”

Xiumin then pinched the nose of Luhan’s nose with one hand and then held his chin with the other. “First, two rescue breaths.” Xiumin hesitated a little, but then placed his mouth over Luhans, quickly breathing air in twice.

But Luhan didn’t react. “Alright, two more.” Xiumin leaned down again and placed his lips on Luhan’s again. This time, two hands wrapped around him as he felt Luhan’s lip move and began to kiss him, letting his tongue go into the open mouth of Xiumin’s.

Xiumin’s eyes went wide and forcefully pushed himself up and out of Luhan’s grasp. “Yah!” He yelled. “You were faking it this whole time!”

Joonmyun and Lay face palmed themselves, whispering ‘I knew it’. Kai and Kyungsoo were just relieved that he was okay.

Luhan had his eyes closed and reached up into the air, and pretended to try to grab something. “No, I’m still unconscious, I need more CPR.” Luhan did a little kissy face as he said it.

Xiumin’s eyebrowes furrowed with anger as he kicked Luhan in the hip.

“Hey!” Luhan yelled getting up. “It’s not nice to kick a person who almost drowned!”

“You look fine to me!” Xiumin yelled walking back to his seat in the shade.

Luhan plopped down back into the sand. “That was good kiss.”

The others just sighed as they left him laying there.

----

Tao woke up that day with no sight of Kyungsoo or Kai in their bedroom. He sighed as he made himself breakfast and tried to figure out what to do for the day.

He flipped through the newspaper and stumbled over the classified ads. “Hmm, I could find another job to work.” But then the thoughts of the modeling job yesterday entered his mind.

He checked his phone and it revealed no new messages. He was curious as to if Kris would contact him again, only for the money he told himself. He stared at his phone for a little bit, for some reason, expecting a call from him, but none came.

He picked up the phone and scrolled down the phonebook till it highlighted Kris’ name. He contemplated calling and coming up with some stupid excuse to talk to him when he didn’t even know why he wanted to.

He put it down and got up from his seat but then the phone rang. He picked it up and answered it.

“Hello?” He sounded a little too excited.

“It’s me.” The person said.

“Me who?” Tao knew exactly who.

The other person groaned on the line. “Me, the super hot, super y, Kris.” He said with a lot of cockiness in his voice.

“Tch. Bye.” Tao said rolling his eyes with annoyance.

“Wait, come on. Don’t be like that. You asked who I was, so I answered.” Tao could clearly hear the smirk through the phone.

“What do you want?”

“Well I know that your friends are out so, I was wondering I you wanted to come over and check out the pictures from yesterday.”

“Uhm. I suppose so.” Tao says a little reluctantly.

“Great, I’ll text you my address and you can come over. See you soon.” With that Kris hung up.

“Well that was… weird.” Tao said to himself, but none the less, he gets himself ready and heads over to Kris’ house.

He corrects himself when he gets there. It’s not a house, it’s a mansion. Gated, large, and extravagant. Tao could only stare in awe as his eyes wander around the estate.

“You’re here.” Kris says walking out of the front door.

Tao snapped his attention away from his surroundings and regained some focus. “Oh yeah.”

“Follow me.” Kris turned around and walked back into the house.

He led them into the living room and sat down on the couch. He pated the spot and next to him and Tao sat down. “Want anything to drink?” Kris asked.

“Uhm, water?”

Kris signaled the maid and she quickly returned with a glass of water.

“Alright here.” Kris said handing him a file. “Look through them and see which ones you like. I need to know which ones to send in to the magazine.”

“Magazine?!” Tao almost screamed out.

“Yeah? Why else would we have a photoshoot?” Kris said chuckling a little.

Tao sighed as he flipped through the pictures. This was not the reality he wanted. There were a ton of pictures and all of them showed him half . His face was flushed red as he saw himself half , and also Kris half .

He couldn’t help glancing over at Kris and imagine him in his underwear, just like the pictures.

“So?” Kris asked, breaking his dirty little mind.

“Uhm. I like this one.” He said pointing to a random picture.

Kris took the picture in hand. “Okay, that’s all I needed you can go now.” He stood up and started to walk away.

“Wait!” Tao called out, causing the other to turn back around. “That’s it?”

Kris smirked. “Yeah that’s it.” Kris saw the confused look ok Tao’s face. “Why, were you hoping for something more?”

“Ah no no.” Tao said defensively. “I’ll just be going then.” He turned around and the maid showed him the way out.

Kris just smiled as the other left.

----

Kai and Kyungsoo got back to their place after being dropped off. After spending the day at the beach and on a boat, they were dead tired.

They were both plopped on the floor when Tao walked in with groceries. “A little help?”

Kai groaned and kicked Kyungsoo and then both got up to help Tao, who was glaring at both of them.

“What?” Kai asked putting away the ramen.

“I can’t believe you both left me for 2 days to go on a freaking yacht.”

Kai shrugged. “ I had fun, plus you hung out with that hunk, Kris.”

Tao rolled his eyes and ignored that last part. “How about you, did you have fun?” He said looking at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo nodded. “Yeah I did. They were all pretty nice, especially Joonmyun.”

The other two were suddenly interested in the name. “So Kyungsoo.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you like Joonmyun?” Kai asked.

“Well, yeah he’s been really nice to me.”

“No no. He means, do you like him as more than a friend.” Tao added.

“Oh.” Kyungsoo blushed thinking about Joonmyun and all the thing he’s done for him. “Well… I’m not sure…” He said trailing off.

“I don’t think you should.”  Kai said.

Tao smacked his arm. “Shut up. If you like him, then you should tell him, but maybe you should tell him about… you know… also.” Tao said a little cautiously.

“No.” Kyungsoo firmly stated. “He doesn’t need to know. No one needs to know.” Kyungsoo stood up.

“But Kyung…” Kai tried to say something.

“No. It’s not something he needs to know.” He sighed. “I don’t want him to look at me… like that.” Kyungsoo left the other two and went into the bedroom.

Kai and Tao sighed. “We should stop acting like he’s 5.” Tao said leaning back in his chair.

“But I can’t help it. He’s just so…”

“Fragile?” Tao finished his sentence.

“Just a little.”

The both sighed as they went into the bedroom themselves, hoping sleep will cure their insecurities.



 

 

A/N: So you guys must hate me for taking so long to update right? I'm sorry! With having writer's  block and hanging out with family, I just didn't have enough time to finish writing. I'm sorry! Please accept my sincerest apologies!

But I'll be updating more frequently now (hopefully) So yay!

Thanks to all the subscribers! 150! Yay!! I'm a happy camper thanks to you all!

Comment with some feedback~