The F4

Sound of Love

 

“Sir, Mr Lee is here to see you.”

“Good, send him in.”

A man burst into the office with anger filled eyes. “You can’t do this!” He yells at the man at the desk.

The man smirks a little. “But I already have. Look, if you’re here to try to fight for your business, there’s no hope.”

“Bu-but. My business is everything! I need it to support my family!” He yelled. “Without it, I have nothing! You can’t do this to me!” He said pounding the desk.

His eye twitched a little. “I would appreciate it if you didn’t touch my desk.” He stood up from his chair and walked around to the man. Although his skin was perfect, his smile was inviting, and his appearance was like an angel, his aura was not. It was tough and ruthless. He smirks and sits on the edge of his desk. “Fine. If you want to keep your business so badly, I’ll give you two options. One, you can give up your little flower shop business and I can get you a nice job as a custodian in one of my department stores.”

He fiddles with his name plate a little that shifted out of place from when Mr. Lee struck the desk. “Or two, you can let me have your daughter.”

“M-my daughter?!” He said stepping back a bit.

“Yes your daughter. What was her name again? Lee Jin Min? Cute name. I heard she just graduated and got accepted into Yonsei University.”

“Ho-how—“

“I have my ways Mr. Lee. You wouldn’t want your daughter to end up working as a slave for me and drop out of school, just so you could’ve kept your business would you?” He smirked. He had him now.

The fear in Mr. Lee’s mind took over as he admitted defeat. “I’ll sign the papers.”

“Great. My financial aid will have you fill them out.” He said with a smile returning to his desk. “Xiumin-ah. Please Mr. Lee out of here.”

His secretary came in and escorted the man with sad eyes out of the room. “Oh and Mr. Lee. It was good doing business with you.” He said with a smile.

Mr. Lee wondered how someone so evil and cruel could have a smile like that.

Xiumin closed the door behind Mr. Lee. “Dude, Joonmyun, you didn’t have to be that harsh!” Xiumin said snapping back at his boss.

“Xiumin, is that anyway to talk to your boss?”

“Shut up. You didn’t have to drag his daughter into it either.”

Joonmyun sighed. “This is what I get for having my best friend as my secretary. It’s not like I really wanted her as my slave. It was just a ploy to get him to cave. And it worked. By the way when did you refer to me as sir?”

“It’s called being professional.”

“Oh good job my little bun.”

Xiumin sighed. “You know, we need to work on your people skills.”

“My people skills?”

“Yes! You need to be nicer to people! What happened to the little Joonmyunnie I used to know?”

“Xiumin, business is a cutthroat career. I can’t afford to be nice to anyone. That means you.”

Xiumin rolled his eyes. He walked up to his desk and flicked him on the forehead.

“Ow!!” Joonmyun rubbed the spot in pain. “Yah! Do you want to get fired?!” He yelled.

“Yeah yeah, I’d like to see you try.” Xiumin said walking back out the door.

Well of course joonmyun couldn’t fire Xiumin, he was his best friend. When they were little, Xiumin was a grade above Joonmyun. He would get picked on because he was the richest kid in his private school and none of the other kids liked to be beaten in terms of wealth. Xiumin was the first to protect Joonmyun. Xiumin was in the private school on scholarship because of his incredible intelligence at such a young age. Although he was middle class, everyone liked him because he helped pretty much all his classmates pass their classes so no one would dare go against him when he protected Joonmyun. So he promised to make it up to Xiumin when they grew up.

When Xiumin’s parents died when he was 15, Joonmyun convinced his parents to let him move into their home. They loved him because he was so kind and caring. The two became inseparable.

Even though Xiumin is a lot smarter than Joonmyun, he agreed to be his assistant because he knew that Joonmyun couldn’t have anyone else by his side. Besides being his assistant however, he also helped with book keeping, marketing, and pretty much every aspect of the company. He did it so that other employees could have more vacation time.

Joonmyun didn’t understand why he was so nice to everyone but he didn’t care as long as the work got done. And honestly he preferred Xiumin’s work over everyone else’s anyways.

“Xiumin.” He paged over the intercom.

“What do you want.”

“What happened to being professional?” Joonmyun questioned.

“No one is here. I don’t need to be professional. Now what do you want.”

“Ugh, you’re annoying.”

“I love you too. Now what?”

“Dinner is set up for tonight right?”

“Yeah.”

“And the others have been called and confirmed?”

“Yeah.”

“Can you say anything else besides ‘yeah’?”

“Yeah.”

“.”

“Ahem. Sir, Mr. Song is here to see you.”

Joonmyun smirked at the sudden professionalism, but more so because his next victim was here. “Alright, send him in.”

----

Joonmyun sat down at the usual table with a semi circle banquet in the most expensive restaurant in all of Korea. “Looks like none of them are here.” He whispered to himself.

“Hey Joonie.” The waitress said as she came by with a menu.

“You know, you shouldn’t call your customers nicknames.”

She just shrugs. “The usual to drink?”

He nods and she walks off. “Thanks Sooyoung.” He calls back at her.

He glances over the menu a few times and decides on what he wants. As soon as he looks up he sees one of his friends walk through the door. “Ah Kris!”

Wu Fan, or better known as Kris. Kris is a famous designer in all of Asia. He started his work in the small markets of Korea after escaping his abusive parents in China, and worked his way up to fashion designer of basically all the stars. Anyone who’s anyone would die to have a Kris original. Not only was he a fashion designer, he was also a model for his own clothes. Standing at almost 6’2” and having the face of a demi-god, how could he not? Needless to say he had girls and sometimes guys fawning over him left and right.

Joonmyun had met Kris though a business deal, trying to get his line of clothes to be sold in his department store. Joonmyun had won him over with a few drinks and some conversation after getting though the face. From then on they became good friends.

“Joonmyun. Good to see you again.” Joonmyun stood up and greeted his friend with a hug. “How was America?”

“Terrible. This one singer… What was her name? Oh yeah Lady Gaga. She asked me to make her an outfit out of Kimchi, and when I refused, she started going ape .” Kris sighed as he sunk back into his chair. “I got on the first plane out of there.”

“Sounds rough.” Just then Sooyoung came out with a glass of ice and whiskey, along with a glass of water.

“Here ya go Joonie.” She said with a smle. “The usual Fany?”

“Yah, why is it Fany this time?” Kris said giving her a look.

She giggled. “One of my friends name is Fany. I thought I’d try it on you, but we can go back to Krissy if you’d like.”

Kris just groaned. “Yes the usual.”

With that she had left the two and their soon enough their next friend had arrived.

“Ni hao es!” He yelled out as he sat down next to Kris.

“Hey Luhan.” Kris said scooting over on the banquet.

Luhan is a world renown artist specializing in basically every kind of art style there was, modern, rustic, neo-pop, you name it, Luhan could do it. He was currently in the stage of modernism leaning more towards the geometric side using shapes and lines. His pieces had gone as high as 10 million dollars. Heck, even his sketches can catch a few thousand. He has pieces in almost every museum in the world. Okay maybe not the world, but he was getting there. He was more famous in Asia than the world.

Being an artist, Luhan had a very free spirited nature, doing what he wants, when he wants, and how he wants. Joonmyun commissioned him for a large painting for his living room. Joonmyun requested for a modern interpretation of Seoul’s skyline, but Luhan denied his request and did what he wanted. Instead, he was left with a giant painting of a buffalo. Joonmyun had asked Kris for help in settling the matter because Kris’ face could even scare Big Foot. Turns out, Luhan and Kris were childhood friends, and with a simple please from Kris, Joonmyun got that skyline painting. Luhan gave it on the house, and so their friendship blossomed from there.

“Your strawberry banana smoothie, Kris.” Sooyoung said with the emphasis on Kris.

“Thank you and Thank you.” Kris said as he took a sip.

“Hey Lulu!” She said excitedly.

“Hey unnie!” Luhan responded cutely.

Oh and Luhan is kind of…flamboyant.

“Ay, you’re older than me. You can’t call me that!” She giggled.

“Who cares! Anyways. Fuzzy navel please!”

She smiled as she went away.

“Girliest drink for the girliest guy.” Kris said as he sipped on his smoothie.

“At least I ordered something with alcohol. You on the other hand, are drinking a smoothie.” Luhan said defensively.

“My doctor says it’s good for my complexion okay?”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Whatever.”

Joonmyun checked his watch. “20 past 7. Lay is late.”

“Isn’t he always?” Luhan laughed.

“I am not!” Lay said rushing to the table.

Zhang Yixing, better known as Lay to everyone. Lay is Korea’s number 1 car dealer. Basically the car dealer of the rich. After figuring out a way to import and export cars at a cheaper price, he came out on top over everyone else in the car industry. Not only is he one hell of a dealer, he can basically build any car from scratch. He has his own parking garage for all of his cars. When he is not selling cars, he’s street racing. Everyone is afraid to race him. He’s been undefeated ever since he’s gotten into the street racing business. His winnings have helped him come out on top as a dealer. He would bet the highest stakes and of course his opponents agreed, but eventually came out the loser, leaving Lay possession of usually their car, their house, and their life savings.

Of course Joonmyun met Lay though his business. Joonmyun was shopping for a car, but couldn’t find one that he really wanted. Lay told him to give him a week, and he could produce a car that would be everything he could imagine. And of course, he did. Lay gave him a car that was beyond his expectations.

“You know, you have pretty much the fastest car in the world, and you are still always late.” Kris said laughing.

Lay rolled his eyes. “Whatever. I’m not always late.”

“Yeah you are.” The others said together.

“I hate you all.”

Sooyoung came back with Luhan’s drink. “Here’s your Fuzzy Navel, Lulu.”

“Thanks unnie.”

“Xinggie, I went ahead and got your usual for you. An iced tea with 3 lemons, just like you like it.”

“You’re the best Soo.”

“Call me when you guys are ready to order alright?”

They flipped though the all too familiar menu. “Oh look, they have a new Ahi Tuna dish.” Joonmyun said pointing out.

“Meh, I’m in the mood for some meat.” Luhan said flipping though.

“Of course you are.” Kris joked.

“Ah, ah, ah, mic check.” The four turned to the stage to see the band getting ready for the night.

“They’re new.” Lay said looking over at them.

“Yeah I’ve never seen them before.” Luhan said resting his head on his hand

“Ahem. This song is called, What is Love.”

“Girl, I can’t explain what I feel.

Ooooh oh oh oh yeah. My baby, baby, baby, baby, yeah yeah~”

—His voice is nice— Joonmyun thought. “Hey Sooyoung.”

“Yeah Joonie?” She said walking over to the table.

“Who’s that?” He pointed to the singer on the small stage across the room.

“Him?” She tilted her head a little bit. “I don’t know. He’s new. I think his name is Kyungsoo.”

“Kyungsoo huh." Joonmyun repeated the name.



 

 

A/N: THE CHAPTER IS UP ALREADY?! I must be insane yeah? Haha xD

Welcome some familiar names and hello to all the new ones! Thank you for subscribing! 

I suggest you read my other story first Falling Back Into Love. Why? Because I asked so nicely? Hahah jk  jk. But that is my first story and this one is my second. You'll get an idea of how my writing style is and what I am capable of (or not capable of) if you read that. (Plus that story satisfy ships that aren't shown in this story xD)

I really want someone to create a main image for me for this story. So if you can do it or know anyone who can do it, can you let me know? Please? Pretty please? With a little Sudo on top? If not it's okay :(

But get ready for some SUDO! Umma and Appa couple all the way!