The Shock

Sound of Love

 

‘Company taken over by The Guardian Department Store.’

“No…It can’t be.” He whispered to himself.

His company is the cause for Kyungsoo’s parent’s death.

----

Joonmyun sat in his office staring at the papers. He couldn’t believe what he has read. It was his companies fault. Granted, he wasn’t running the company at the time, but what was the difference between what his father did and he was doing now.

He thought of how many families have suffered because of him. He thought of how many people’s lives he has ruined. He realized he’s just destroying lives.

He’s a ing bastard.

Sure maybe he’s realized it before, but he’s never cared about being one. But now, there’s Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo the nicest, kindest, cutest, most caring person he’s ever met. His life was ruined because of a bastard like him. And that bastard was his father. And how could he hate his father when he is exactly like him. Crusher of lives and killer of dreams. That’s what Kim Joonmyun is.

He sighed as he went over to his alcohol cabinet he had in his office and took out a bottle of whiskey. He opened it and took a big swig of it, feeling the burn of the alcohol going down his throat.

This is going to be a long night.

----

Xiumin walked into work the next day to find Joonmyun’s office door open, which was strange because he never left his door opened.

“Joonmyun?” He called out walking cautiously towards the office, but there was no answer.

He went behind his desk and grabbed his baseball bat. “Joonmyun?” He called out again with the bat raised ready to strike, but there was still no answer. He carefully walked into the office to find Joonmyun sprawled out on the floor with a few bottles of alcohol scattered around him.

He dropped the bat and quickly rushed over to him. “Joonmyun! Joonmyun wake up!” He violently shook him in attempts to wake him up! “Joonmyun!”

Joonmyun groaned out in pain as he felt hands violently shaking him. “Stop it.” He mumbled out. “Arg.” He grunted as he held his head due to the massive headache thanks to his hangover. Well it wasn’t much of a hangover if he still felt drunk. “Leave me.” Joonmyun demanded.

“Joonmyun what the is wrong?”

“Get out!” He yelled.

“Joonmyun. What the .” Xiumin was being stubborn. He wasn’t going to leave his best friend like this. “Tell me what’s wrong and why the hell you’re acting like a little ?”

Joonmyun struggled to stand up as he tried to balance himself on anything he could get his hands on. “I need more alcohol.” He said stumbling forward.

“Joonmyun!” Xiumin grabbed his shoulder.

“Get off of me!” He yelled and then he fell forward on his face, and then passing out again.

“What the hell.” Xiumin dialed his phone. “Get me Joonmyun’s nurse in here.” He hung up and dialed again. “Luhan, come to Joonmyun’s office with the others.”

“Wh-“

“No questions. Just do it.” His voice was serious.

“Alright see you soon.” Luhan agreed before making a snarky remark.

----

Luhan, Kris and Lay rushed into Joonmyun’s office to find Xiumin sitting next to a passed out Joonmyun lying down on a bed. A nurse bowed to them and exited the room.

“What happened?” Kris asked.

“I don’t know. I just found him lying down in his office with a bunch of alcohol bottles everywhere. I don’t even know.” Xiumin replied.

“Is he alright?” Lay asked sitting down at the foot of the bed.

“Well after he threw up for a bit, the nurse said he just needs rest and he’ll be fine.”

Luhan placed his hands on Xiumin’s shoulders. “You should relax a bit. Like you said, he’ll be fine.”

Xiumin sighed as he let his head lean on Luhan’s arm. “I know but I can’t help it.”

Joonmyun woke up a few hours later, still with a headache. He looked around to see all his friends sitting in his office. “What are you guys doing here?”

The others rush up to him, relieved that he’s awake. “Because of your stupidity.” Xiumin practically yelled at him.

“Voice. Loud.” Joonmyun’s face scrunched up like he was in pain.

“Calm down baozi.” Luhan said massaging his shoulders a little. Normally Xiumin would get upset and yell not to touch him, but Luhan’s touch was doing the trick.

“What the hell happened last night?” Xiumin asked as calmly as he could.

Joonmyun glanced over at the bottles scattered on the ground and the papers on his desk. He looked towards his friends. “Am I a bastard?” He asked in the most genuine voice they’ve ever heard out of him.

His friends look at each other with confused faces because they had no idea where a question like that had come from. “Well of course you are, you remind me that you are one every day.” Xiumin said jokingly.

But Joonmyun didn’t take it as a joke. His expression saddened. “That’s what I thought.”

“Whoa, Joonmyun I was only kidding.” Xiumin said placing his hand on his friend’s back. “What’s gotten into you?”

He didn’t answer but covered himself with the blanket and then turned away from all of them.

“You guys can go if you want, I’ll take care of him.” Xiumin said standing up and walking them out the door.

“I’m worried about him.” Lay said concerned and Kris and Luhan agreed.

“I can stay if you want.” Luhan offered.

Xiumin smiled. “Thanks Luhan, but I can handle it.”

“I like you being nice to me” Luhan said smiling. “Almost as I like feisty Xiumin.” He made a small growl as he raised his hand in a claw.

Xiumin rolled his eyes. “Really Luhan? You choose now to flirt with me?”

“Well after last ni—“ Xiumin quickly covered his mouth.

“Shut UP!” Xiumin yelled at him.

Lay and Kris gave them questioning eyes. Luhan smiled brightly at them while Xiumin pushed them out.  “Leave! Go do something productive!”

He sighed as he would rather not think about what happened last night. He walks back into Joonmyun’s office to see him in the same position he was in before. “Joonmyun, I’m going to go get some lunch. Don’t do anything too stupid okay?”

No response came from the other. Xiumin just took it as that he was either asleep or didn’t care. He hopes it was the first.

Joonmyun hears Xiumin leave the office and picks up his phone. “Hello? I need a restock on my alcohol cabinet. Yes, about 10 bottles would be good for today.” He hung up laid back in bed.

Sure the pain of drinking , but knowing that Kyungsoo’s life was ruined because of his company hurt a lot worse.

----

Kyungsoo woke up in the morning feeling happy and refreshed especially after last night. He’s never felt that happy before. He could still recall it. Joonmyun’s lips touching his cheek, his face turning red, his heart skipping a beat. It was wonderful.

He walked out into the kitchen to find Kai and Tao sitting here looking depressed, and surprisingly he didn’t see Joonmyun.

“What’s wrong you guys?” Kyungsoo asked.

They both turned to him. “We’re hungry.” Kai said.

“Yeah, where’s your boyfriend?”

Kyungsoo blushed at the term. “He’s not my boyfriend.”

“Well he  can’t just come over here, feed us every day, and then stop!” Kai said pouting.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “I’ll make you guys food hmm?”

The two boys happily smiled and nodded.

Lay came over shortly after to join them. “Hey babe.” He said, greeting Kai with a kiss. “Can I join you for breakfast?” Kai agreed and the joined the trio.

Just a few minutes after that, Kris had come over also. “Hey panda. Can I have breakfast too?”

“You know, this apartment is barely big enough to hold 3 people, let alone 5.” Kyungsoo said. “Don’t you guys have to be somewhere?”

They all looked at their respective boyfriends and responded “Nope” simultaneously.

“We’re lucky Joonmyun isn’t here for we’d literally have a full house.” Kai said jokingly, but Lay’s and Kris’ expressions turned a little sour.

Kyungsoo noticed right away. “What’s wrong guys?”

Lay and Kris glanced at each other as if they were considering if they should tell him or not.

“Guys. What is wrong.” Kyungsoo repeated, but as more of a statement this time than a question.

“Well…” Lay started off but didn’t know how to put it.

“Xiumin found Joonmyun passed out on the floor with alcohol bottles all around him and when he woke up this morning, he was still drunk. We don’t know why.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes almost went as wide as his mouth was. “Wh-what?!” Kyungsoo’s eyes became a little glossy. “I don’t understand. I was with him last night and he was happy!”

“Well—“

“Where is he now?” Kyungsoo asked cutting Lay off.

“His office.” Kris answered.

“Take me there.” Kyungsoo said getting up and heading towards the door. The others tried to say something but Kyungsoo had kept walking and soon the others followed.

----

Xiumin came back from lunch and peeked into Joonmyun’s office. He was highly disappointed and worried when Joonmyun was downing what seemed like his second bottle of the day. He rushed up to him and slapped the bottle away, spilling the contents on the floor.

“What the hell!?” Joonmyun slurred.

“It’s the afternoon and you’re getting drunk. I should be asking you that!” Xiumin yelled.

“Get out!” He yelled as he pulled out another bottle from somewhere on his bed and opened it. Xiumin quickly retrieved it and any other bottle that he could see and quickly left the room. As soon as he closed the door he could hear glass break in what he assumes was the bottle that fell onto the floor being thrown at the door.

He is surprised to look up and see an upset Kyungsoo followed by the two couples. “Wh-what are you guys doing here?”

Everyone pointed to Kyungsoo from behind him. “Where is he?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Er in there, but I don’t think he wants to see anyone.”

Kyungsoo tried to rush past him, but it took everyone to hold him back. He settled down a bit. “I think it’s best if you wait out here. I’ll try to see if he wants to come out.”

Xiumin went in and a second later he came out shaking his head no.

“Fine. Then I’ll wait here.” Kyungsoo said sitting down in one of the waiting chairs.

“But Kyungsoo, you can’t wait here forever.” Kai said trying to reason.

“Yeah, how about we just go home?” Tao asked.

But Kyungsoo didn’t budge. He didn’t react. He just sat there. Waiting.

A week went on like this. Joonmyun didn’t come out of his office at all, only people came in. Mostly Xiumin with food and a delivery guy who delivered bottles of alcohol which Xiumin would instantly shoo off. But somehow, Joonmyun always got them.

Kyungsoo kept waiting outside for him, only going home to sleep. Along with bringing Joonmyun food, Xiumin brought Kyungsoo food as well. Tao and Kai took turns to check up on Kyungsoo but he still wouldn’t budge.

Joonmyun knew Kyungsoo was sitting on the other side of the wall, but he didn’t have the guts to face him. He didn’t have the face to tell him that his company is responsible for taking over his parents company which started off the chain reaction of his parents dying.

He thinks it’s funny that he felt the need to protect Kyungsoo in the first place and now he knows why. It’s from himself.

Xiumin comes in for the nth time of the day.

“Okay it’s time to tell me what’s wrong. It’s been a week, you’re a ing mess, and I’m getting tired of seeing a sad kid waiting like a lost little puppy out there, so tell me what the is the matter.” Xiumin demanded.

“No.” Joonmyun said in a cold reply. Cold just like his heart.

“Tell me.” Xiumin demanded.

“No.” He said again.

“Tell me!” He practically yelled in his face.

“You want to know?!” He yelled back with as much vigor. “It’s my fault that Kyungsoo’s parents are dead! My company is the one who took over theirs!  It’s my fault! All my fault!”

The door fell open as they saw Kyungsoo on the ground stumbling backwards. He was ‘listening’ to the whole thing.

“Kyungsoo…” Joonmyun got up and tried to rush over to him, but Kyungsoo was already running towards the exit.

“Kyungsoo!” He called out again as he ran past his friends coming into the building.

Kai turned around and ran after Kyungsoo while the rest ran over to Joonmyun.

“What’s going on?” Lay asked.

“Kyungsoo found out.” Joonmyun said weakly falling to the floor.

“Found out what?” Kris asked confused.

“My company took over his parent’s.”

Tao’s expression turned worse. “Oh no.” He looked over to Kris and Lay who had confused expressions. “The day Kyungsoo’s parent’s shop got taken over is the day they died.”

The others gasped and looked down at a defeated Joonmyun.

Kai came running back to the group. “Guys I lost him. We need to go look for him now.” Kai demanded.

“Okay. We can split up and then call out his name until he responds.” Kris suggested.

“Or we can call him and hopefully he’s calmed down enough to tell us where he is.” Lay recommended.

Kai shook his head. “None of that will work.”

“Why not?” Xiumin asked.

Kai looked at Tao who nodded. “Because he’s deaf.”

 


 

 

A/N: I'm sure you guys hate me for taking too long to update and I'm sorry D: <3 Thank you for waiting!! As a special gift to you guys, I started 'The Chasers' already and will have the first chapter posted sometime later today (I hope)

Thanks for everyone's support! Really! It's so great :'D

Just to let you guys know, I started summer school, so it might be hard for me to post EVERYDAY but more than likely, you'll get a post every other day. So please be patient with me! >.< 

Comment with feedback~

Oh and I hate Kyungsoo now because he's too precious. Really kyungsoo? You can rap now?! Really? Jerk. I hate you