The talk

Accidental Infinitization

The image of Sunggyu trying to hold his laughter by gently pressing his lips by his forefinger, like we do in shh pose. He was trying so hard to not let his laughter burst out. But the smile in his face was as radiant as the sun. "Snap out of it" I thought to my self. "What what, Did I say something stupid?" I asked him in my effort to think straight again. "Believe me when I say that 99.99% you do say stupid things but I am not laughing because of that" still a big grin paste in his face. "99.99% yahh. You wanna die." raising my voice

"It's just Sungyeol upper gums are his biggest assets and you proved it" He says trying to keep a serious face. "Sungyeol, ok now I know the name of all the members" I said out loud, in my head I am still memorizing them.

"Take a left from here and you will kinda see a parking lot" He said as he reached for the phone in his pocket. For a second there I forgot that we were going to meet C.E.O Lee. I gather all my thoughts quickly, the things I wanna say to Lee , how i will say them, as I parked the car.

"Hello, yeah we are in the parking lot now. Where are you? Ok, we will be right there." Sunggyu puts his phone back in his pocket. "Let's go" he said rubbing both of his hands together. The day was nice and sunny but inside the building it was quiet gloomy. Is it me or  is everyone staring at us. Maybe they heard the news about the accident but there is no way they know that it was me who help manager hyung, is there? I just followed Sunggyu and keep my head down to avoid any awkward eye contact.

Sunggyu stops outside a door. The door is transparent so we can see everything that is going on inside. C.E.Onim is standing infront of his desk kinda leaning his back toward it. The other 6 members are sitting in sofa around it and there is an unknow man standing besides L. Everyone of the members seem to disagree on something and C.E.Onim and the guys are trying hard to convince them.Sunggyu knows the door and opens it wide. He indicates to go first and so I do. I bow and greet them.

"The decision is made and for now you all will have to go with it. Thank you guys . Now I would like to talk with Hayley alone" Lee declares. The moment he said  my name,  I get goose bumps. Everyone slowly rise and leave the room, I can hear them murmuring about something but nothings clear. The guy wraps his arm around Sunggyu and takes him too.

"Sit down Hayley. You said you wanted to talk right?"  Lee as he heads toward his chair. "How did you know? I never told you so?" I ask as I take a sit in the Sofa. " Oh, The boys told me. You have made quiet and impression with the boys. Appearing out of nowhere, saving their hyung, spending a night in their dorm. No girl has done that before you know" He smiling the whole time. " I was.." " Let's just get to the point, shall we?"He interrupts me. The point , The point of this whole thing is that I wanted to talk to him and ask for some favor more like demand. I didn't want to do this, I didn't wanted to ask him for a job or a shelter and make it seem like i was using them just cause I was in the right place in the right time to save some one who was precious to them. But I had no other option. I can't go home cause it will be just another reason for my dad to think of me as a failure and staying here without a house or a job is impossible. But Lee has no idea what my point for meeting him is but for now I will just listen to what he this is the point to all this.

"I know you don't have a place to stay right now, and you just lost your job yesterday" He says with a serious look on his face. Wait a second how did he know that I was fired yesterday. " Don't be too surprised, Sunggyu told me everything that happened yesterday and I went to the place where you lived just to do a background check on you. So I know stuff even though you haven't said a word to me. I just wanted to make sure I knew who you were before I could ask you to take on this responsibility" he said. What kinda responsibility is he taking about and background check how deep did he go when doing this so called background check. C.E.O Lee was scaring me. What is he thinking?

 

" I want you to be the manager of Infinite" the words that are coming out of C.E.Onim was giving me shocks one after another. " Just hear me out here, I am sorry I am talking non-stop without any idea what you really want. I just wanna put the thing that I think is possible, out there and later you can tell me what you think. don't misunderstand me I am just trying to be straight forward here and also I am not good with talking so if you speak in the middle I am just going to forget everything that i wanted to say so just hear me out here ok."he says. Ok If he hadn't said those words I might have freaked out and left without listening to him but now I just nod to let him know he can begin.

"We really need a manager and you really need a job. We are in a tight spot here cause our company is having a hard time right now so I can't offer you a highsalary. I can just assure you that you will have your daily meal and a roof over your head" Lee serious then ever. Right now the thing that he is offering seem enough so I listen to what else he had to say. " You will have to stay with Infinite at their dorm and if you liked your stay yesterday you will now get to enjoy that everyday" he says jokingly. Bead of sweat runs down in his forehead which he silently rubs off. " I have not taken in account that you may want to go back to your homeland and also the fact that you will only have to stay until we get our things sorted out is quite selfish. But I hope you stay and help this brother in need" He looks down. I take that as my que to speak but I am unable to speak, still processing everything that he said.

"Sir, we need to go to the hospital" the guy suddenly from behind. "Is something wrong?" Lee gets up. " No, it's seem like he is regaining consciousness. " I am running behind them.  Nobody shares a word on the way to the parking lot, only a lot of running. As i reach the parked car Infinite is already in the car. Only Sungjong and Sunggyu are in the car I am suppose to drive. The other guy went to the car with Hoya and all and Lee and I ran to the other car.

"Is hyung going to be ok? is it already 24 hours? aishh I can't take it anymore" Sungjong Really seemd agitated "Calm down. He will be ok" Sunggyu patting sungjong on the back. But I knew inside Sunggyu was asking the same question. Lee was sitting in front sit , he didn't say a word. Sunngyu was constantly consoling him.

It's yesterday all over again. Everything is going too fast. My eyes keeps going toward Lee. You can see it from his posture that he is having a hard time. Then suddenly I hear those word again " I hope you stay and help this brother in need"