Chapter 9

Look At Me!!

 

“Kai, want to dance?” Kyungsoo yelled over the blasting music. I was a little surprised of what he was asking of me. It wasn’t like him. I glanced over at the cup in is hand and raised an eyebrow. He noticed where my eyes were directed and let out a little laugh. “Don’t worry, it’s just soda! There’s nothing mixed with it.” He explained.

The fact that he was willing to dance with me in front of a bunch of other students (without having to be intoxicated) made my heart flutter. I took his hand and went to dance with him. “Don’t go making me look bad with your flashy moves!” He said. “I’ll try my best!” I slyly replied and we commenced with the crazy dancing, surrounded by many other people who were allowing themselves to get lost in the music along with us.

We were at a house party, hosted by a fellow student. I didn’t really know him well, but the invitation was open for anyone and we decided to be spontaneous and show up. It was the most fun I had ever had with Kyungsoo in public. I was so glad he was able to let loose and disregard what the people think. He was so caught up in the moment; he even pressed his body against mine and continued dancing with me.

I glanced over my shoulder and found Sehun standing with Luhan at the drinks table, chatting with some other guy. I directed my attention back to Kyungsoo, when I suddenly felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I ignored it, but the calls kept coming. I took my phone out to see who was calling but all I got was ‘Unknown Number’. I put in on silent, but it was bothering me.

I pulled Kyungsoo out of the crowd of dancing students and up the stairs. “Where are we going?” He asked, looking a little disappointed that I took him away from the music and the dancing.

“I need to go somewhere quiet, someone is calling me nonstop.” I explained “You can go back down if you want.” I added when I noticed how his shoulders were sagged.

“No, I don’t want to dance alone.”

“Then go dance with anyone. Really, it’s fine with me.” I said, knowing how bad he wanted to go back downstairs. He looked down at his shoes.

“No you idiot. I mean, I want to dance with you.” He said with a shy voice and a red face. His cuteness never ceased to make me feel all warm inside. I put my hand on his head and tried to hold in the dorky smile that was threatening to grow on my lips. “Alright, come with me.” I said, taking his hand.

We went into a bedroom and the second Kyungsoo closed the door, I turned him around, pinned him against it and kissed him hard. It was almost like he knew I was going to do that; he wasn’t even startled.

He moaned into the kiss. His voice was extremely exhilarating to me. I ped his pants and slipped my hand in. I rubbed him and he moaned some more. I was just getting excited, when my phone rang. Crap. I had completely forgotten why I went upstairs in the first place. I took my hand out from Kyungsoo’s pants and shoved it in my jeans pocket. “Do you have to answer?” He pouted. He was just getting in the mood as well. “Yeah, this person is driving me crazy with the calls.” I explained. I was just as disappointed as he was.

His head drooped and he sighed. He was zipping his pants back up when I answered my phone. “Hello?” I said with annoyance in my tone. “Why did it take so long for you to answer?” The person on the other line immediately said. My heart dropped when I heard the familiar voice. It was a female voice and she sounded irritated. But then again, my mother always sounded irritated or peeved.

“M-mother?” I asked. I was in complete shock and obviously so was Kyungsoo. I saw his eyes widen at my words. I couldn’t believe she was calling me. The last time I had spoken to her or seen her was the week before I came to the University. It had ended in a big fight and both her and my dad almost disowned me. As successful entrepreneurs, they did not like the fact that their son wanted to attend the Arts Department to pursue a career in dancing.

“Yes, it’s me.” She said. She spoke like she was making a work-related call. But that was basically how she always spoke. She was very uptight and she always wore a suit and high heels, much like my father, except the ‘high heels’ part. “Why are you calling?” I asked, trying to keep my voice even. I was frantic, but I reckon I did a good job at covering it up in my voice. “I know you probably aren’t thrilled to hear from me, but I’m not calling without reason. I have a proposal for you.” She stated, like she was just about to give a business pitch.

A million things ran through my head. A proposal?  What’s going on? What’s this all about?  I was about to ask her all these questions, but instead I decided to play it smart. “I’m listening.” I said, calmly urging her to continue. “Well, your father and I have talked about it, and finally came to a united decision.” She said confidently. I saw Kyungsoo, looking completely petrified and confused. “Go on.” I said to her. “I am offering you one plane ticket to the UK. London, to be precise.” She explained.

What? She wants me to go to London? I wanted to ask her a million questions, but I had to keep my act up. “What makes you think I will accept your offer?” I asked, keeping it short and simple. “Oh, you are going to accept it. And not because I’m forcing you, I cannot force you because you are legally considered an adult now. You are going to accept this because you want to.” She said, already having a victorious tone in her voice. “And why is that?” I asked. The words she said next made me almost pass out. She answered my question in one sentence. One sentence that completely changed everything.

Her answer rendered me speechless. My mouth hung open beside and I could just feel her smiling triumphantly. “Think about it and get back to me.” She said. I could tell she was happy because, there was no denying it, she won. She hung up and I pulled the phone away from my ear. I still couldn’t believe what she had just said to me. I wanted to think she was just lying, but I knew my mother. She had definitely thought everything through before calling me. It was how she worked.

Kyungsoo walked up to me and nudged my arm. “What was that all about?” He asked in both curiosity and concern. I had told him about the relationship I had with my parents, so he was probably just as shocked as I was that my mother called. I turned my head towards him and tried to form words into a sentence.

“She offered me a ticket to London.” I finally managed to say. I was still in complete shock. He looked at me in confusion.

“So why didn’t you tell her that you don’t want to go? She can’t force you to. You’re not a child anymo-”

“She said that she is going to let me enroll in the University of The Arts in London and cover me for all four years.” I blurted, interrupting his words. His eyes widened and his body froze. “That’s one of the best Art universities in the world.” He mumbled, almost to himself. I knew that he understood everything. What artist wouldn’t want to attend that school? But we both knew what that meant. I would have to leave for four years. Maybe even longer, to continue pursuing my career. I would have to leave Kyungsoo for a very long time.

I felt guilt take over. “W-what do I do? I don’t want to leave.” I said. A little part of me hoped he would ask me to stay, but I knew he wasn’t going to do that. We both knew I couldn’t turn down the offer. No artist in their right mind would. And I knew he wasn’t going to try and interfere with my future, even if I wanted him to. “What do you mean ‘what do I do’. You go. That’s what you do. You go and make your dream come true.” He said in a motherly tone. His words sounded firm but he was looking at the floor. “But-” “No. Don’t you dare say that you want to stay here when we both know how much you want to go. I don’t want you to leave either, but you are going to do this.” He said, like he wasn’t giving me a choice.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I was interrupted by the room door flying open. Kyungsoo and I were both startled by the sudden loud noise. The drunken student that opened the door was about to walk in but stopped when he noticed us in there. “Oh, sooorrrrryyy! Hope I’m not, you know bothering or something, but this is my room and I’m supposed to sleep in here, because it’s my room and stuff.” He said, slurring his words. Kyungsoo ushered him to the bed and tucked him in. We left and closed the door behind us.

Before we could head back down I grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm. “Do you want to talk about this?” I asked, not sure if he was angry or sad. He sighed and turned around to look at me. “No I don’t want to talk about it. I just want to party with you and dance with you. And late tonight, I want to go to your room with you.” He said, looking me in the eye. He was definitely sad. He wanted to get lost in the moment and try to forget reality for a little while. I couldn’t agree with him more. I tilted his head up and kissed his lips. “Then that’s what we’ll do.” I said then took his hand and held it tight as we headed back downstairs into the music.

 

Please comment <3