The Move. New Roommates?

You Owe me

 

“What do you mean we’re moving!” Chanyeol yelled, “We are just finally settled in!”

“I know, I know. We all finally thought that this was the last move, but things are a little tight. I don’t make quite enough at the shop to cover the bills.” Suho said finally.

“What about my wages? Couldn’t we add those?” Lay said.

“Yeah hyeong you both work at the shop, why not just put them together?” Kai said trying to avoid Luhan’s gaze.

Suho sighed and Xiumin put a comforting hand on his shoulder and Kris followed suit. The other didn’t know that he was having trouble with the rent, but he was asking Lay to buy the groceries with his pay. Together they would be able to pay it on time but then they wouldn’t have much food.

“Lay tell them.” Xiumin said seriously.

Lay frowned, “Suho asked me to use my portion pay to buy the groceries.”

“That’s it! Hyeong we could have bought our own groceries. You wouldn’t have to worry about that!”

“Baekhyun-ssi please calm down.” Luhan said soothingly. “He’s the elder here...Xiumin you don’t count, you act to much like a kid.”

Xiumin stuck out his tongue.

“What was I saying? Oh yeah, he was doing what he could to protect you. He didn’t want you to worry. I know several of you are going to school. Did you honestly think that he would let you starve? That he would take Lay’s pay for himself to just pay the rent? Is living in a home more important than eating?” Luhan’s voice raised. What do you-”

“That’s enough Luhan.” Kris whispered, “They get it.”

Luhan looked at their faces and realized that they did...even though he was being a little harsh it was in good intentions. He wanted them to realize that he was thinking of them. Kris would do the same thing in order to take care of his friends. Even he would.

Chanyeol got up from the ground and gave Suho a hug.

“Hyeong, Bianeyo. I’m sorry you were suffering alone.” Chanyeol pulled back, “I think that I can speak for all of us: We just wish you could have told us so that we could have helped.”

DO smiled. “Well I think that this was enough excitement for the day. Why don’t all of you go to bed early tonight and relax. You have a few days to pack everything up. Don’t worry we’ll be here to help.”

Everyone got up and quietly went to their rooms. It wasn’t so much the move now that had them upset. They didn’t know that Suho was doing this alone and so quietly. Kai looked back and saw Luhan leaning against the wall playing with a rubik’s cube. The light from the lamps played on his skin making it glow slightly. Kai flushed and hurried passed Lay and into his room slamming the door. Lay blinked and shrugged before he went into his room, stealing a look towards the living room as he shut his door.

As soon as everyone had went to their rooms Suho collapsed to the floor and heaved a sigh. Xiumin rubbed his back as he shook. Kris smiled and well Luhan wasn’t paying attention.

“You know you could have told them earlier right?” Luhan stated. “They would have helped.”

Suho nodded, “I know that now. I was just so worried that they would do something drastic.”

“Chanyeol would.” Xiumin stated with a smile.

The four of them laughed at that. Yes it seemed that the little Happy Virus would do that. He loved everyone very much. DO, Kris, and Luhan chatted with Xiumin and Suho for about and hour longer before they had to take their leave. It was getting late and they had taken walked there. They didn’t want to miss the bus. 

“They’re nice people don’t you think Xiumin?”

“Deh. I think that they will be great people to live with...At least those three will be.” 

“Hmm. We have a few days we should start packing tomorrow, huh?”

“That would be the best. Why don’t you head to bed. You’ve had an emotional day and just after getting off work too.”

“Thank you hyeong. But what about you?”

“I have something to do before I head to bed.”

“‘night Hyeong.”

Xiumin watched as Suho walked down to his room and shut the door. He stretched his arms and made his way to Kai’s room. They were going to finish that conversation. He also wanted to know what was going on with his and Luhan’s staring contest in the living room. He knocked on the door.

“Yah, Jong In-ah. It’s Xiumin open the door.”

He listened and heard rustling sounds in the room. “I know you’re not asleep...I can hear you moving around in there. Open this door or I will. Your choice.”

He heard a soft thump and heard the lock to the door turn. Kai popped his head out the door. Xiumin raised a brow and Kai opened the door and closed it again when he was in the room and sitting down on the bed.

“So mind telling me what happened that had you so confused?”

“Well...we had to chose partners for a dance...”

“What dance?”

“...The T...”

“So who did you choose?”

“Well...the thing is we have an odd amount of girls in the class and they all chose different partners...”

“Aaaand...”

“I was chosen by a boy. But he was clumsy...he was a good dancer but he had never learned the dance before...So I-”

“Took over.”

“Deh. Well some how we ended up in a very... intimate... Position. Park-Sasaengnim hit him on the back and he...I mean I...I mean we...”

“You what?”

Kai pursed his lips.

“Eh!”

“Shhhh!”

“You two kissed!?”

“Hyeong do you want to wake up everyone!”

“Ah, bian Jong in-ah. Who was your partner?”

Kai mumbled a name.

“Who?”

Again.

“Kai I can’t understand you when you mumble.”

“I said: It was Luhan-hyeong.”

Xiumin’s eyes widened. That must be why they had such an awkward staring contest then. “Is that why you were avoiding his gaze when he was here?” Kai nodded.

“Aish. Kai how do you get yourself into these things?”

“I don’t know but...I’m confused...It...felt good. I had a warmth spread through my limbs at the time...even when I got home my lips had a tingling sensation...I like someone else so how can I feel like this. Hyeong, what should I do?”

Xiumin sighed. This is not something that he was able to give advice on. He told Kai this and he made him promise not to tell anyone else. Especially, Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They would meddle into things. He couldn’t disagree with that. He told Kai not to worry about it tonight and for him to just get some sleep they would figure it out tomorrow or the day after. They were going to be busy packing up their things after all.

--

Two days passed and Kai was laying on the living room floor with his head on Lay’s stomach. They had finished packing up their rooms and the living room; they were dead tired. They were just waiting for Kris and the others to come and help move everything downstairs. Everyone was still moping, they accepted the fact that they had to move but no one was really excited. Well except for Suho and Xiumin. They knew who the people were that they were living with. He felt his head move when Lay took a deep breath. A small smile crossed his face, before  he frowned he couldn’t get the kiss out of his mind. Before he could think more on it the door bell rang scaring to two resting males.

“Xiumin! Door!”

“Arraso!” Xiumin came out of the kitchen and glared slightly at Kai. “One of you could have just gotten the door. You didn’t have to call me.”

“But hyeong...I’m tired!” Kai pouted biting his lip looking pitiful.

Xiumin sighed and went to the door ignoring both Kai’s aegyo and Lay’s laughter. “Oh, Its Kris and Do. Annyeong!”

“Annyeong haseyo.”

“eh. Who’s this? Wasn’t Luhan coming?”

“This is Chen, Luhan wasn’t feeling well this morning so he stayed home to help finish moving the beds inside.” Kris said laughing. 

“Luhan hyeong just didn’t want to come.” Chen filled in laughing.”

“Well come on in. We just put that last things in boxes in the kitchen.”

Kai watched as they walked through towards the kitchen. He wasn’t getting up. They weren’t moving the rooms yet. It took two hours to bring everything down from the apartment and put it on the truck. Who knew Baekhyun and Chanyeol had so much stuff.

--

Driving back to Kris’ place was probably the easiest part of the entire moving process. When they got there The room mates eyes widened. It was a two story home. No wonder he offered to have them live there.

“See I told you this morning that he had a nice place.” Suho smiled as he got out of the car. “Just wait a few minutes. Kris made a sleeping arrangement. Don’t worry he did it fairly. We drew names out of a hat.”

“How is that fair?”

“We didn’t see who the other chose until they wrote it down.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun blinked. That...really didn’t make any sense. But they shrugged and accepted it anyways. They always like meeting new people, so it wasn’t really a problem who they were put with.

--

Luhan sat on his bed and looked at the empty space.Soon he will be sharing a room with someone he didn’t even want in the same building with him. Oh, this was going to be a great time. He could just feel chills of excitement running through his body. He laughed even in his own mind he was being extremely sarcastic. He looked over at the door and saw Sehun leaning on the door frame.

“Luhan hyeong. They just arrived. We should go out and find out who we are rooming with huh?”

“Yeah I guess that is inevitable isn’t it?”

“Cheer up! Maybe we’ll be in the same room? At least it won’t be a stranger then right?”

Luhan smiled and looped an arm around Sehun as they walked out of the house and towards Kris. Kris was surrounded by nine other people. He felt kind of bad for the man. He had taken up the role of leader for this whole transition, and while he was handling it like a pro it just that he was worried he was going a little bit over board with all of this. One thing Luhan had to say about this: no one looked very happy about the move. He couldn’t blame them but the rent here was cheaper and it was closer to their work and school.

“Okay everyone I’m going to call out your room mates. Two rooms will have three people since they are rather big.” Kris stated, “First room is Xiumin, Chen, and I. Second, Suho, Sehun, and Tao. Third, DO and Kai. Fourth, Chanyeol and Baekhyun-”

“Wah! We’re still room mates!” 

“Suho I thought  you said this was fair.”

“It was it just happened that way.”

“-and lastly, its Lay and Luhan. Okay everyone let’s get you all moved into your rooms!”

It was a collective sigh. Luhan was not happy but he knew that Kris wouldn’t change the room assignments. It wouldn’t be fair to everyone else. Plus they did this so that we would meet new people. He didn’t know how to be a good room-mate...He’s never had one. And with who his room mate was he didn’t really feel all that inclined to be one in the first place.

“Let’s go. I want to get the done and over with.” Luhan said waving bye to Sehun and walking over to the truck. He saw four boxes with Lay’s name on them and a guitar case. He was shocked, “This is it?”

“Deh. Why did you expect me to have more? I really don’t need a lot of stuff. I can just practice in the shop if I need too.”

“Ookay.” Luhan and Lay both grabbed two boxes. They were amazingly light. That could be because they were clothes, Luhan didn’t know. “The room is on the second floor.”

Lay nodded and followed Luhan up the stairs and to the left. He was surprised at how big the room was and how much stuff Luhan had on his side of the room. How was he going to deal with being a room mate to someone else. He had a hard enough time sleeping in the same room as his other room mates when they decided to do movie night in the living room.

“I’ll be right back I’m going to go and get your guitar. Feel free to start unpacking.”

Lay looked around and decided that the first thing he was going to do was put sheets on his bed. But...he couldn’t remember which box he put them in. He sat down on Luhan’s bed and started going through each box making a mess on the floor. “Now where did I put them?”

“Luhan hyeong! It’s so night to meet you! I’m Beakhyun! I didn’t realize that you were in the same choir class as me until I was up close to you. At least now I won’t be late to class if we go together, right?”

“Eh. Yeah, why do you always come in with a bag of cookies?”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened. He didn’t think anyone would notice that he had brought food with him. “Eh. Heh. Well the thing is, I usually forget breakfast so I buy something on the way to school but I never know what time it is until I’m trying to decide and it just so happens that cookies are my favorite snack.”

“Ah. Welll Baekhyun-ssi, I’m going to go and take this guitar up to Lay. I might as well help him unpack so that I can sleep.”

“Oh that’s right! Kris-hyeong said that you were not feeling well. Did you want me to make you anything to eat? Soup?” 

“Baekhyun-ssi I’m okay. I’m just tired.”

“Oh Well if you need any-”

“Baekhyun!! I almost broke my leg! You left your eyeliner all over the floor!”

“Nooo! My eyeliner! Chanyeol you better not have broken any of them. Sorry hyeong I have to go.”

Luhan blinked...that was the weirdest thing he had ever experienced since Tao discovered the Kung Fu Panda DVDs. He shook his head and grabbed the guitar from the truck and walked inside the house. It was actually  quieter than he thought  it was going to be with six new people moving. Maybe it was just him though. He shrugged. 

Luhan made it up the stairs and went into his room. His mouth fell open. The room was a mess with things all over it. And they weren’t his! That wasn’t even really the problem. Lay was sitting on his bed...Lay was SITTING on HIS BED! “Yah!”

He put the guitar on Lay’s bed. 

“Huh?”

“You off.”

“What-”

“Get Off!”

Luhan jumped onto the bed behind Lay and pushed him off of his bed and onto the floor. The others who were downstairs heard the thump just after Luhan’s yell. The new people looked up in shock still not sure what that was all about. Tao sighed and the other four shook their heads. 

“He sat on the bed.”