Her past revealed

You Owe me

"Riyeon, why did Yoochun call you?"

Riyeon looked over at Kai and sighed. "Because he had to stay there."

"What?"

"He's the manager. My brother owns the club mostly. They're partners." 

"...That doesn't answer my question..."

"I work there Kai. I'm usually the one who calls cabs for our VIP guests. Or I entertain then for a while."

"Entertain...Riyeong you don't...!"

She turned and looked at him with disgusted eyes. "Why in the world would you think that! God kai that's disgusting."

"But you said you entertained them"

"By singing! Just because my brother is a ert, doesn't mean I am. If i had my way I would die a nun!"

Kai sighed as he watched the huffy girl walk away. Though as he watched her. He realzed that with her wearing his clothes...She really looked like a boy. She had thrown her wet hair up into a hat. She was wearing one of his larger shirts and sweatpants with her boots. If he was going to see more of her he may just tell her to start leaving clothes in his closet. It would be like they were younger. She turned and looked at him a huffed. He just laughed. Just like old times. He jogged a little to catch up with her and smiled. She smirked showing that she wasn't upset with him. They walked around looking through the windows of some of the shops. They came up to the ice cream shop.

"This...is it?"

"Yeah they have really good ice cream."

"This place looks like a run down hut."

"It's really good trust me."

"I don't care if the ice cream is pure gold. This place looks like ."

Kai stopped and bit his lip. Why did this coversation sound familiar? She really hadn't changed much if she was still acting like him. "Come on." He grabbed her wrist and dragged her inside. 

"Okay...walls aren't gold...so it looks better on the inside...I guess i can give it a chance."

"Which flavor do you want?"

"Eh!? They have Makgeoli flavored ice cream!? Kai can i have that one. I want to try it."

"Okay okay. Don't cry to me if you don't like it."

She stuck her tongue out at him. 

"Are you two ready?"

Kai looked over and was shocked. "Kim Woobin? You work here?"

"ah. Jongin; yeah only part time. I need pocket money." 

Riyeong was still staring at the ice cream flavors. She ran over and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Kai-ah they have coffee ice cream too! Can I have a scoop of that one too?"

Woobin raised a brow looking at Riyeon. "I didn't know you went that way, Jongin."

"What? Riyeon will you stop hanging on me."

"Why?"

"Because everyone thinks your a boy or that we're going out."

"But you have a boyfriend...Why would they think I'm a boy?"

"You're dressed like one pabo."

"yah! I didn't have any clothes at your place...Plus Luhan is the one who locked me in the bathroom this morning!"

"Look as much as I find this entertaining, could you two please just order you're ice cream?"

"Woobin-oppa?"

Woobin looked at her. "Do I know you?"

"You should, you know my older brother. Jung Yunho."

"Ah you're the kid sister."

"I'm not a kid..."

"In that case these two are on me. I haven't seen you in a while."

"I've been working."

"...where?"

Kai felt his blood freeze at Woobin's hard voice. It wasn't how he was used to him sounding. Usually in class he was very warm but now. He felt his fight or flight instincts wanting to kick in...he wanted to run. Why would he be paronoid about where she was working...was she lying to him? Kai looked at his friend with suspicious eyes. She better not have. If so he was going to kick her .

"Here and there..."

"Yoh-dongsaeng"

"Don't call me that..we're not siblings..I work at a club...I sing there on occasion and valet the cars. I'm hardly ever inside."

"That better be all you're doing. You're brother and I don't get along. I would hate to have to kill him for making you work there."

"Don't worry about it. I would never do more than what I am."

"Besides you're not the only one who 'deosn't get along' with her brother..."

"Hey you two. I'm off in about 15 minutes. Grab a table and we can talk more about this."

"Neh oppa."

"okay hyung."

Riyeon and Kai grabbed a table at the back and ate their ice cream silently. Kai glanced over at his friend and smirked. She was enjoying the ice cream. "See."

"See what?"

"They have the best ice cream."

"Only because they carry what other places don't"

Kai laughed as she stuck her tongue out at him. He went back to eating his ice cream never knowing the impending danger. Riyeon was glancing over at his ice cream. 'what flavor did he get?' She reached out her spoon and stuck it in his ice cream before putting it back in .

"Yah! Riyeon! You ice cream thief!"

"I'm ignoring you...your ice cream wasn't that good."

"yah, will the two of you lower your voices." Woobin scolded as he flopped into the seat across from them. "So tell me what happened. Who else doesn't get along with the MIGHTY, Jung Yunho."

"Me, and a few of my room mates."

"Why?"

"..."

"..."

"Someone had better start talking...He being a ert again?"

"Something like that."

"Look, maybe you don't remember what happened but it was the same thing he did in Busan when we moved there."

Kai looked up shocked...He was doing this when they were kids too? He looked over at Woobin and shrunk bag a little. His rage was written all over his face. Apparenlty he knows exactly what she is talking about.

"Yah, don't joke around with that."

"I'm not joking...he hasn't stopped...He just isn't doing it that often...That's why you left..."

"That wasn't why I left. I had graduated and I had a job with my old man."

Woobin sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. This wasn't supposed to happen. He had hoped that when he left her brother would come to his senses. But that doesn't seem to be the case. He looked up at the two before him. He only knew Kai because of a few other regulars here, it didn't seem that he knew what happened in Busan. But from the look of it he knew what they were talking about. He wasn't surprised that he knew. It seemed that the two of them were close at some point. "Kai, do you know what we're talking about?"

"You mean Yunho's side business? Yeah I know...I don't know much about what happened after she moved but before then he liked to torture people for videos and money."

"That's only half of it. You see her brother puts on a front for everyone to see. Everyone thinks he's the caring brother, and he is to a certain point. The two of us used to be very good friends until I found out. The one thing, person, he would always talk about was his beautiful little sister. He would brag about her. I only met her a few times. Then I started to hang out with her more and we got close."

"Oppa... don't tell him that please..."

"Then are you?"

She shook her head. "I didn't think so. He has a right to know if he's somehow involved with whatever happened."

She played with her ice cream and nodded. She didn't think that she would be able to say anything without breaking down in anger. 

"You know that broth that helps with the side effects...Well he was the one who gave it to her first. She was the test subject for it. He couldn't very well be living with her in that state all the time so he made up a broth to counter it. Well I came over one day and he answered the door. Nothing but a pair of boxers on and loud music blaring. He smiled let me in and told me he had something to show me."

Kai shook his head he didn't want to hear anymore. He had a feeling of where this was going.

--

When he got home it was about 3 o'clock. He felt sick. He just didn't want to think about what he learned today. 

"Oh Kai, you're home." He could hear Suho's voice.

"Oh Kai? Where's Riyeon?" That was Luhan. 

Kai looked up at the older male and just started crying. It wasn't just a few tears. He had actually broken down into heart wrenching sobs. Luhan's eyes widened. What brought this on? Did the two of them fight?

"Kai what's wrong?"

"That-that-that bastard hurt her! He hurt her! He made her do the same thing!" Kai wrapped his arms around Luhan and cried even harder. Luhan's eyes dulled as he repeated the words inside his head. He saw the door open and Riyeon was leaning against the door frame. Luhan had to blink a few times. Because the girl in front of him didn't look like the girl he had met earlier. She looked absolutely broken. She smiled at him and waved. 

"Yo."

Luhan didn't say anything but contiued to hold the crying boy. "Is it true?"

"Uhn. It is."

Suho looked between the three. "What's going on?"

"Kai just leaned about what happened after I moved away. It wasn't the sunshine and roses that he wanted to hear."

Lay came down the stairs scratching his head. What's with all the noise. He looked over and saw the girl Riyeon standing in the door, Luhan holding a crying Kai, and an upset Suho. He moved over two the two most important people in his life and tried to comfort them. He threw a glare over atthe girl. They were fine this morning and now they're a wreck and it was all her fault.

"Leave."

"I was planning on it. I wanted to make sure Jongin got home. Thank you for letting me stay. I'll return his clothes later."

Lay continued to glare at her as she turned and left. He felt Luhan move forward but he held him still. "Let's get him upstairs." Lay felt Luhan nod and began to direct them to their room.

--

They had finally gotten Kai to fall asleep on Lay's bed and the two of them sat on the floor staring at nothing. Lay was the first to speak. "Mind telling me what that was all about?"

"Something happened last night. Apparently the same person did the same to her not to long ago."

"What happened?"

"..."

"Luhan please tell me...I...I don't want you to be alone. Lean on me."

"Yunho...Kai warned me about him. Told me not to get involved with him. He was bad news. I probably should have listened to him. Maybe he wouldn't be like this today."

"Luhan please tell me."

"Lay I can't tell you right now. I have to know what happened today and when I feel that I can have the strength to say it out loud. I will tell you. But right now just, just.."

"I'll support you. You can trust me more than anyone." 

Luhan nodded and felt his eyes get heavy. He wasn't normally this tired but trying to process what was said and trying to get Kai to calm down enough to fall asleep had drain what energy he had. He slumped to the left his head resting on Lay's shoulder. The words he wanted to say tucked away in his head: "I know, and that's why I think I'm falling for you." as he fell into a deep slumber. Lay smiled as he looked at Luhan's sleeping face. He reached up and brushed his fingertips against the pale cheek. 

"Luhan I will always be there for you."

 

-

-

-

-

-

"I love you"

 

 


OMG I know that I've been gone forever without an acutal update. I've been so busy with school that everything had to be put on hold. But thank you all so much for hanging in there with me! <3 <3 You all are amazing.

on a not so positive note--

I don't particularly love this chapter. The story isn't really doing what I want it to do so there may be some revamping of chapters and characters coming soon. I'm not happy with how Lay and Luhan are progessing...I kind of cut lay out of a few chapters other than the little cameos he's doing.  Let me know what you think in the  comments below.