Learning about yourself

You Owe me

                         Lay rushed to the hospital and ran straight to Luhan’s room. He bent over panting outside the door. It wasn’t far from the house to the hospital but having sprinted there was what took his breath away. He straightened up a quietly waled into Luhan’s room. He saw that Luhan was curled up into the fetal position sleeping. He saw the dark circles under his eyes. Lay kneeled next to the bed, crossed his arms, and rested his head on them while looking at Luhan. He smiled. Luhan really looked like a little deer. He remembered how Sehun had said this earlier that day.

     --

     “Luhan-hyeong really looks like a baby deer.”

     “What do you mean by that? Sehun-ah?”

     “Well if you look at him when he’s awake he has these really wide eyes. They remind you of a fawn.”

     Lay and Kai laughed at Sehun. He had stretched his own eyes to show the other two what he meant.

     “Heh. We should call him that. He’s our Deer Prince.” Kai and Sehun laughed but they agreed that, that was his new nickname.

     “Oh we should come up with a nickname for Lay-hyeong!” Kai stated looking at him with searching eyes.

     “He should be a horse!”

     Lay blinked…a horse?

     “Eh!? A horse? Wae!?”

     “Because he’s loyal.

     “So’s a dog, but we’re not going to call him Fido.”

     “Yah…Kai that’s not what I meant.”

     “Hyeong. Kai-hyeong!”

     “No I am not calling you that.”

     Lay sighed. At least they were off the topic of his new nickname. But that relief didn’t last long. The two soon realized that they had gotten off topic.

     “He’s a unicorn!”

     “Sehun! That’s still a horse!”

     “But it’s a special horse..He can heal people.”

     “Okay not seeing where this is going.” Lay wasn’t either.

     “He has this gentility about him that makes you feel safe, that he’s going to take care of you.”

     “So we’re calling him unicorn?”

     “No… Xing xing! That’s his nickname.”

     “What about the unicorn?”

     “That’s just his symbol.”

     Both Kai and Lay sagged. What were they going to do with the younger boy? He was just too innocent for his own good sometimes.

--

     Lay smiled. He reached out and smoothed out Luhan’s furrowed brow. He wondered what made it like that? He wasn’t going to admit it out loud but he found Luhan to be extremely handsome. He thought that everyone at the house were handsome too. But there was just something about Luhan that made him want to protect him, be around him. Why others didn’t feel the same was not any of his business. He hadn’t even disliked the guy when he came bursting into the music store calling him an ‘ice cream killer’ he was more amused than anything if he thinks about it now.

     “Little deer, it’s time to wake up.”

     He laughed softly when Luhan groaned and buried his head into the pillow.

     “Luhan. It’s time to go home.”

     “Don’ wanna oh.”

     “Why?”

     “cause…to sheepy.”

     “Eh? Sheepy? Oh, how about I carry you? You’re all signed out.” Lay watched as Luhan slowly sat up and reached up like a little kid. Lay had changed him into his street clothes while he was thinking about his nickname. “Okay, just wait a moment. He slipped on Luhan’s shoes before turning and pulling him onto his back.

     “ka jha.” Luhan murmured.

     Lay just smiled and shook his head before he grabbed the bag and walked out of the hospital. He passed an older couple down the hall.

     “What a nice Hyeong, don’t you think?”

     “Deh. He’s so sweet to carry his dongsaeng just to let him sleep longer.”

     Lay flushed. He didn’t correct them though. Not that he didn’t want to but he just wanted to get Luhan home and into bed. The walk was mostly quiet. The only noise between the two was their breathing. Lay stopped and adjusted Luhan so that he wasn’t slipping down his back. He shivered though when Luhan buried his head into his neck. He could feel the puffs of air rushing over his skin.

     Why was he feeling like this? He knew his neck was sensitive but he’s done this dozens of times for Kai and he never felt like this. So what was different about Luhan? Was it that he found him attractive? Could that really be why his body is reacting to him?

     “Lay-ah. I’m hungry.”

     “Luhan I’ll get you some food when we get home. Neh?”

     “But I’m hungry now…”

     Lay suppressed a groan. Luhan was rubbing his face against him and it was sending little shocks down his spine…and they weren’t that unpleasant either. He almost dropped him had Luhan not wrapped his legs around his waist. He stopped though when he felt tears on his neck. At least he thought they were tears…

     “Hyeong you better not be drooling on my neck.”

     “I’m not.”

     “Are you crying?”

     “Aniyo.”

     “Are you lying?”

     “…”

     Lay continued walking only this time his pace was less hurried. He wanted to figure out what was wrong with Luhan before they got home. He didn’t want the others to see him that way. He felt a tug on his heart at the thought. He wanted to be the only one who saw him this vulnerable.

     “Is it about going home?”

     Nod.

     “Is it about Jongdae and Kyungsoo?”

     Another nod.

     “Don’t let what happened bother you. I know what they did in the past is horrible…but you will have to let it go. Or begin to. If you don’t you will be lost in anger… you’ll be more miserable than when it was actually happening. You’ll be reliving those days all of the time and they’ll be much worse as your imagination takes over.”

     Luhan nodded but his tears didn’t stop. Lay paused.

     “Do you want me to stop?”

     Luhan shook his head no. So Lay continued to walk on. He hummed a song that he and some of the others had been working on. It was going to be called ‘Angel,' and it seemed to calm his half sleeping passenger. When he got to the house the one to open the door was not one of his hyeongs. No it was Do Who looked at Luhan with worried and sorry eyes. Lay slightly glared at him and walked passed him and up the stairs towards their room. Do followed behind silently. Lay laid Luhan onto his bed gently before taking off his shoes and pulling his covers over him. DO had watched the exchange with sad eyes. He didn't mean for their relationship to get this bad.

    "How is he?" Do asked.

    "He's doing fine. He's just exhausted tonight."

     "Lay-hyeong--"

    "Please don't Do-ssi. Not right now. I don't need Luhan to wake up right now."

    "Do you like him?"

    "Bwoh?"

     "Luhan-hyeong...Do you like him?"

     "I don't know what you're talking about."

     "Maybe before you get all protective of him....you should figure out how you feel about him."

     With that said Do left the room with a backwards glaced towards the pair. He really hoped that Lay didn't like him romantically but should it be that way he'll accept it. He'll have to. Lay sat there and looked at Luhan. What did he feel for him? He was protective...overly so. He wanted to be the only one that Luhan could rely on. He wanted to be the only one to see his tears and the only one to take care of him.

      Lay let out a silent gasp...He...he...he liked...He liked Luhan!?