The Morning After

You Owe me

 

Morning. It was something that Lay did not like at all. He cuddled into the body next to him. Luhan groaned and arched away from whatever was behind him. It was hot. He groggily opened his eyes and saw a figure crouched in the corner. Luhan shot up and when he focused he saw that it was Riyeon. He frowned. What was she doing in the corner? Luhan tried to get up only to realize that he was being held back. He looked down expecting to see dark arms, instead he saw cream colored, and he looked back and smiled. Lay looked so cute while he slept. Luhan gently moved his arms off of him and slid off the bed and looked at the sleeping Unicorn. His smile widened as he reached out and brushed his bangs out of away from his eyes. He retracted his hands and pushed off the bed. He decided he was going to let him sleep. The dark circles under his eyes made him worried about Lay’s health. He walked over and shook Riyeon. She didn’t respond. So he tried again.

 

“Riyeon…Riyeon-ah, wake up.”

 

He watched as she frowned and began shaking. He shook her again.

 

“Wake up.”

 

Riyeon shot up and when she saw him she scooted back and ducked her head. Luhan frowned and moved towards her. She shook but didn’t say a word.

 

“Riyeon. It’s me, Luhan.”

 

She hesitantly looked up and seemed to relax when she saw it was him. “Luhan?”

 

“Mmhmm. Come on. I think some breakfast is in order.”

 

“I can make that stew for you. It’ll get rid of the tingling feeling.”

 

“How did you know—“

 

“Please…don’t ask. Let’s just leave it at he’s my brother…”

 

Luhan reluctantly nodded and helped Riyeon stand up and followed her as she grabbed her shoes and exited the room. Luhan gently closed the door behind him so that it wouldn’t wake up Lay. Luhan and Riyeon were laughing quietly when they walked into the kitchen. She was telling him about the time her and her friend Daehyun got his older brother’s head stuck in a jar when they were younger. Luhan stopped short when he saw Suho sitting at the counter with Kai. Riyeon who stopped to look at something peeked around him and looked at him.

 

“Luhan?”

 

“Oh, huh?”

 

“Who’s that?”

 

“Want me to introduce you?”

 

He laughed when she ducked behind him and shook her head. He never would have thought that she would be shy with how she was being last night. It seems that when she’s not near the club she was a different person. He cleared his throat and walked in.  Suho turned and smiled at him.

 

“Good morning, Luhan.”

 

“Morning. Kai. Morning Suho.”

 

“Where’s Riyeon?”

 

Luhan moved but found that she was still holding onto his shirt. He tried a few more times but laughed when she still didn’t come out. She was acting like a child. He pointed behind him. He saw the look of understanding cross Kai’s face.

 

“Who’s Riyeon?”

 

“She’s a friend of ours. Luhan got a little tipsy last night and she brought him home.”

 

“Where did she sleep?”

 

“In my room.”

 

“Kai!”

 

“Luhan and I slept in Lay and his room!”

 

“What about Sehun?”

 

“He was out with a friend last night. He said he would be coming home this morning.”

 

“Ah.”

 

Kai saw Luhan was trying to move towards a chair; it looked slightly difficult when Riyeon was still clinging to him. He smiled and moved to stand next to Luhan. Like a magnet she automatically moved to cling to him.

 

“Riyeon sit right here and don’t move.”

“But—“

 

“Riyeon-ah, Suho doesn’t bite.”

 

Luhan was still sort of shocked at how she was acting. “Riyeon?”

 

She fiddled with her hands and looked over at Luhan.

 

“How did you get his head out of the jar?”

 

Suho spit out the water he was drinking and looked over at him. Riyeon started laughing at the reaction.

 

“What?!”

 

“Riyeon and her friend got her friend’s brother’s head stuck in a jar when she was younger.”

 

“Is that even possible?”

 

“Apparently so.”

 

Suho turned and looked at her. “How did you get his head out?”

 

“Well…We tried using butter, then oil, but none of those worked…We ended up calling his mom to help us pull it off.”

 

Kai looked on and smiled. It was good seeing her come out of her comfort zone. He went back to the stove and got a bowl and passed it over to Luhan. HE blinked in wonder.

 

“It’s Riyeon’s recipe for a hangover.”

 

“You remembered it?”

 

“Of course. What did you think I would forget it after what happened last time?”

 

Kai laughed when she flushed. Suho smiled seeing their interaction. Kai had never once brought a friend home since they all moved in together.

 

“So Riyeon. How do you know Kai?”

 

“Him and I went to elementary and middle school together.”

 

“Oh so you grew up with him?” Luhan asked eating the soup. He knew what it was for when he felt the sensitiveness leaving his body.

“Yes, for the most part. I used to stay with him and his family.”

 

“Yeah, she lived so far out. I didn’t feel all that comfortable with her leaving school by herself. I made excuses to have her sty over. I don’t think my parents minded all that much.”

 

“So who’s older?”

 

“Kai.” Riyeon said with a smile.

 

“Riyeon, what’s your full name?”

 

She flinched but smiled. “Jung, Jung Riyeon.”

 

“Are you related to Yunho? I think he mentioned a little sister.”

 

“…You know my brother?”

 

“Yes, He comes to the shop often. He tends to come with Yonghwa or Jaejoong for a few things.”

 

“Oh…I think it’s time that I go. My brother might be worried that I haven’t come home.”

 

“Riyeon, you said you would come to classes with us today.” Kai said, “Remember?”

 

“We can always just call him and let him know.”

 

“That sounds like a good idea. Riyeon if you need to you can use our shower to freshen up.” Suho said standing up. “I have to get down to the store. Luhan when Lay wakes up send him down for me, okay?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“It was nice meeting you Riyeon.”

 

“Ah, you too.”

 

Luhan watched as Suho left. When he heard the front door close he turned to the young woman beside him. “Okay, are you alright?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t usually act like that.”

 

“Riyeon. What happened you weren’t this shy back in school?”

 

“When I moved…things got hard.”

 

“I thought things would be better when you went with your dad?”

 

“They didn’t. It was kind of like Cinderella in reverse. Instead of me moving up…I moved down. Appa treated me like a dog.”

 

“Did yun..Your brother do anything?”

 

“He was still here in Seoul, with his family.”

 

“How does that work?”

 

“How does what work?”

 

“The two of you…you seem so different from him.”

 

“They’re half siblings. They share a dad.”

 

“Hey can we not talk about this? I really need to leave. Thank you from letting me stay the night. “

 

“I was serious Riyeon.”

 

Luhan watched as she stood up and glared at Kai. Her personality doing a complete 180.

 

“So was I. Stop treating me like glass, Jongin. I don’t break that easily. Thank you but I have to leave.”

 

Kai looked at her with shocked eyes and both he and Luhan watched as she turned and walked away. It would have been more dramatic if she hadn’t run smack dab into a shirtless Lay.

 

“Ooph!”

 

Lay looked down at the woman on the ground. Who was she? “Who are you?”

 

“Lay that’s Riyeon. She’s the one who helped Luhan home last night.”

 

“Oh! Thank you.”

 

“You know if you love him you should tell him.” She muttered from her spot on the floor before she got up and dusted her off.

 

Lay just stared at her as he dried his hair. “You smell like smoke.”

 

“Yixing!”

 

“Hyeong!”

 

“What?”

 

“She doesn’t smell like smoke.”

 

“Yeah she does…”

 

“Hyeong…you can’t say that to a girl.”

 

“It’s fine. I’ll take a shower when I get home.” She muttered.

 

“Lay, grab her.”

 

Lay grabbed her shoulders and turned her around to face Luhan and Kai. Luhan got up and smiled at Lay. “Now Riyeon, why don’t you just take a shower here. WE can lend you some clothes, while we wash yours. We don’t want you to go home smelling like smoke, do we?”

 

Kai and lay snickered. Once Luhan put his mind on something, it was better to just give in. Luhan steered her upstairs and shoved her into the bathroom. He went to Kai’s room and grabbed a tank top and a pair of boxers, took them to the bathroom and just as Riyeon opened the door to leave he shoved the clothes at her and closed the door.

 

“Luhan! Let me out!” Riyeon yelled pounding on the door.

 

“Just take a shower! It’s not going to kill you!”

 

“I have to go home!”

 

“Riyeon just take the shower and you can go home faster!” Kai shouted from downstairs.

 

“Will you all shut up!?”

 

Luhan quieted as he heard Kris shout. He heard a few stumbles before the door to Kris’ room swung open.

 

“Yah! What’s with all the shouting?!”

 

“Hey! Whoever you are tell Luhan to let me out of here!”

 

Kris blinked and looked at the bathroom door and then to Luhan. Bathroom, Luhan. Luhan, bathroom. He raised a brow and crossed his arms. “Luhan why are you locking a girl in the bathroom?”

 

“He’s keeping me hostage!”

 

“Riyeon!”

 

“Luhan…”

 

“She stayed the night and she still smells like smoke from last night.”

 

“Look miss. He’s not going to let you out until you do. Just take a shower. You’ll fell better about it later.”

 

He heard a kick from the door and a small “fine.” He rolled his eyes and both him and Luhan laughed before walking back down to the kitchen. When they entered they say Lay sitting on Kai.

 

“Do we even want to know?” Kris asked.

 

“Nope.”

“Didn’t think so.”

“Lay get off him.”

 

‘Sure thing Kris.”

 

“Hey Kai.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Why did her personalities switch like that?”

 

“I honestly don’t know. I know that it started just before high school. She would do minor switches. I just figured she was having a hard time at home. Her mom had just died and she had to stay with her dad. Maybe there was more to what she had said earlier.”

 

Luhan looked over at Lay. He really didn’t like the sound of that and from the look of it Lay didn’t like it either. Kris tapped his chin after he asked Kai to tell him what they were talking about. He didn’t like the look that Kris got on his face. He told Kai to head to classes. Luhan sighed he was glad that he asked to take a break from school. It was still early in the year so he wouldn’t have to pay for the classes.

 

--

Lay had gone to work and Kai and Riyeon went down to the ice cream shop to catch up on the things they had missed from each other’s lives. Luhan was sitting on the couch working on a schedule of things he had to do for the day. He noticed that Kris took a seat next to him. Luhan still didn’t trust a lot of them from last time but he was healing…and after what happened last night…He didn’t know why he wasn’t more traumatized…maybe it just hadn’t hit him yet…or he didn’t want to think of being a victim? He wasn’t sure. But he was glad that he had Kai, Lay, and Riyeon. Luhan glanced over at Kris who was staring at the coffee table.

 

“Luhan…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What do you know about Riyeon?”

 

“Not much. All I know is her brother and a tiny bit of her family life from what Kai and her have said,” He paused and looked at the door. “I’m a little worried for her though.”

 

“That’s odd.”

 

“What?”

 

“You’ve taken to her really quick. More so than anyone else, even Lay and Kai.”

“She’s going through a lot. Plus she’s just a kid.”

 

“That’s the thing. She’s a kid. Why was she bringing you home from a club?”

“I’d forgotten my phone last night. I guess the club owner called her? I don’t really remember.”

 

Kris was silent. He looked at the door and sighed.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re going to want to take her in; aren’t you?”

 

“I don’t know what you mean.”

 

“Luhan she’s not a puppy…you can’t keep her.”

 

“I would call her more of a kitten.”

“Luhan.”

 

“I wasn’t going to ask.”

 

“…”

 

“I really wasn’t. I guess I feel like I’m supposed to protect her. Her brother isn’t the best role model.”

 

“Be that as it may. You can’t change that. She’s almost an adult she can take care of herself. She can’t stay with us. Don’t even continue to entertain that notion, Luhan. I mean it.”

 

Luhan didn’t say a word and sighed. Why was he feeling protective? Maybe it was because she was the distraction? More so than Kai or Lay or even Sehun. He rubbed his eyes. He was half tempted to go to his room and just never come out if all this drama didn’t stop. What next, Sehun professing his ever-dying love for him?



 

I figured that after all the bad stuff for the last two chapters I would kind of set it off with a bit of randomness. Again thank you everyone for sticking with this story even though I haven't updated and when I do it was something horrible TT.TT 

Why do I torture the charaters in my stories??!! There's just a little bit left ^^ I have few more cameos from other groups so look forward to them. Trust me from here on out it's mostly good things that are happening :D

Kamsahamnida!

<3

Miko