Lay You're Not My Boyfriend

You Owe me

Luhan looked at the other two, why were they so upset about those two dating? He was a little upset about Sehun but he wasn’t going to stop him he needed experience. As long as he was being safe he didn't care who he went out with. "Why are you two so shocked about that?"

"How did you find about them...dating?" Suho asked his voice tight.

"They told me when they went on dates. Kris knows about it too." Luhan said looking back and forth between the two.

They began closing up the shop. Suho, literally, turned him around and pushed him out the door. Lay followed behind holding all of their belongings and locked the door. Luhan just let Suho guide him back to the house. He was still confused as to why they were acting this way. They had gotten home and for some reason Lay took over for Suho and 'guided' Luhan up to their room. Luhan sat on the bed and watched as Lay paced back and forth.

"So, do you want to tell me what's going on?"

 "What are you talking about?"

 "Lay... you're pacing back and forth like a caged horse."

 "I'm not a horse I'm a unicorn."

 "What...are...you talking about?"

"What was the question?"

 "Lay!"

"Yes?" Luhan glared at him bit didn’t say anything else.

“Luhan I’m just worried about him okay? He’s never been on any dates before.”

Luhan sighed. Did Lay honestly believe that Kai had never been on a date before? He was a student for crying out loud. Apparently, Kai never spoke to Lay about any of this.

“Do you understand? I mean surely you feel the same way about Sehun.”

Luhan blinked. Why did he bring up Sehun? They were just very close friends. “It doesn’t bother me that Sehun is on a date. He’s been on plenty of dates before.”

“What?!”

“Oh come on Lay the two of them are hot, red-blooded males! They’re not going to just be sitting at home.”

“Why would you let them go!?”

“Because I have no right to stop them.”

“Why did you let Kai go on a date with someone that I haven’t met?”

“What-“

“What on earth possessed you to agree? He doesn’t know the first thing about dating! He should have—“

“Are you his father?”

“What—“

“Are you his mother?”

“I don’t—“

“If you aren’t any of those then you have no right to say that he can or cannot go on a date with someone if he wants to.” Luhan took a deep breath. “He is of legal age to be making those kinds of decisions for himself. Who are you to make them for him?”

“I’m his older brother!”

“No you aren’t! You are his friend!”

“Where are you going!?”

“Right now? I’m getting away from you! It’s way to irritating to hear you act like you are his parent.”

Luhan didn’t even look back when he heard a loud thump against the door he just closed. He couldn’t believe that Lay was acting that way. Why was he acting that way? Luhan shook his head. He wasn’t going to deal with that right now. Luhan walked down the stairs and the sat in the living room. It was quiet. Luhan slumped into the cushions with a sigh. Who knew that the couch would be so comfortable?

“This is even better than my bed.” Luhan smiled and felt his eyes grow heavy. “A little nap won’t hurt me right? Maybe just a few minutes.”

A few minutes turned into an hour. Kai, DO, and Sehun walked back into the house together. All of them were laughing.

“I can’t believe that Chen was dragged off by Xiumin!”

“Kai that wasn’t funny Xiumin ruined our date! My date!”

“Don’t pout Sehun. It could have been worse.”

‘How so?”

“He could have pushed you into the fountain.”

“All I did was wipe ice cream off his mouth! I didn’t have any napkins!”

“That’s exactly why he could have pushed you in the fountain.”

“Oh shut it Kai.”

“Hey don’t blame me. I’m not the one putting the moves on someone else’s man.”

“I didn’t know he was taken and Chen never said anything!”

Kai and DO laughed louder causing Luhan to stir from his nap.

“Wha—“

“Oh! Luhan!”

Luhan felt a smaller body ram into his. He blinked and looked down at the blonde head of hair. “Hello Sehun. How was your date?”

Sehun flushed and stomped off. Luhan blinked. ‘What did I say?’

“Don’t worry. Xiumin decided that Sehun was getting way to comfortable with his orange.” Do said smiling. “I’m going to go and take a shower.”

Luhan sighed. Why did he live with such dramatic people? His life was turning out to be a horrible sitcom. He was so lost in thought about how everyone was acting, that he failed to notice that Kai had sat down next to him.

“Luhan?”

“Hmm?”

“You okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine. I’m still sleepy.” He said rubbing the back of his hands against his eyes.

“What’s that?”

“Huh?”

“On your hand? Is that…Is that a…Phone number?”

Luhan blinked and looked at his palm. Sure enough he had forgotten that guy ‘Yunho’ had given him his number. “Oh…A guy named Yunho gave me his number today when I went down to the music shop.”

“Yunho? As in Jung Yunho?”

“Yeah. You know him?”

Kai nodded but kept his lips closed. Luhan looked at him and was surprised at how serious he was looking. “Luhan. Did you know that I used to have a crush on you?”

“eh?!”

“Yeah. I still sort of do. You’re one of the people I’m the closest to besides Lay. But I don’t want you to go out with him.”

“Who?’

“Yunho.”

“Why?”

“Just don’t okay? He’s done a lot, and I don’t think that he’s someone you want to be around. Plus I don’t think that Lay will like it.”

“Kai, why do you keep bringing up Lay?”

“Because you like him right?”

Luhan just stared at him.

“Right?”

“What are you talking about Kai?”

“Wha-“

“What made you think that I like Lay?”

“You let him on your bed.”

“I let you on my bed.”

“You let him ‘in’ your bed.”

“In my—Oh god! Kai!”

“What?! Didn’t you?!”

“No he was massaging my back for me. I had a knot from moving props down at the auditorium.”

‘Oh…but you let him do that.”

“Look Kai. I like Lay.”

“I knew—“

“As a friend Kai.”

“But…”

“Thank you for the warning about Yunho, but I think that I will take my chances. Okay?”

Kai nodded and stood up. Luhan grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a hug. Kai blinked this was something new. Yes Luhan had hugged him but it was never like this.

“Thank you Kai.” He pulled back to look at the younger in the eyes, “I figured I should give you fair warning. Lay found out that you went on a date. He wasn’t too happy.”

Kai’s eyes widened. “How did he find out!?”

“I said it when I was down at the shop.”

‘What?! Why would you do that?!”

‘I honestly thought that he knew—‘                                                                                           

“No and I didn’t want him to. He spazzes out like Suho does over this type of thing.”

“I figured that out when we got home and he started yelling at me.”

“He yelled at you?”

“Uhn, but it’s okay. I understand where he is coming from, but he is way too protective and I left him in the room….I think that you should go and talk to him about it. He might be a little hurt that you told me and not him.”

Kai nodded and slowly, more like cautiously, walked up the stairs.

Luhan rubbed his face. He was getting to old for this type of drama. He pouted, things had just settled down too!

--

Kai softly knocked on Luhan and Lay’s door. He wasn’t sure how he was going to react to…well him going out.

“Lay?” Kai pressed his ear to the door and heard shuffling in the room. “Lay, come on; I know you’re in there. Let me in?”

Kai waited a few minutes before he heard the lock on the door click. He smiled softly. Maybe he wasn’t as mad as he thought he was. He opened the door and blinked. Lay’s side of the room was a mess. His things thrown all over; that wasn’t to shocking to him. It was the fact that nothing seemed to even come close to Luhan’s things at all. Kai looked around the room and saw Lay leaning against his bed his head hanging down.

“Lay?”

“Close the door.”

“Lay, are you mad?”

“…”

“I’ll take that as a yes. Lay it’s not that big of a deal. I’ve been on dates before.” Kai stood there with his arms crossed.

“And most of them I knew.”

“Lay, you know Kyungsoo.” Kai sighed.

“That’s not the point.”

“Lay you know him. We live with him for Christ’s sake!”

“Kai. We have been friends, no, brothers since we were young. I’m just worried for you. Most of the dates that you had were with girls!”

“So you have a problem with me going out with guys?”

‘Wha—No, that’s not what I’m saying.”

“Then what are you saying?!”

“That I need to know—“

‘You know him!”

“That’s not the point Kai.”

“Then—‘

“Just shut up and listen to me!” Lay turned bloodshot eyes towards him.

“…”

“My point is, he didn’t come up and ask or introduce himself as any of your dates should do.” Lay took a few breaths to calm down his anger.

“…He did…”

“What?”

“He did…introduce himself.”

“Who?”

“…’

“It sure as hell wasn’t me.”

“…Luhan.”

“…”

“You weren’t here so…He introduced himself to Luhan.”

“…”

“Lay?”

“Come on talk to me…”

“Kai…”

“Yes?”

“Just get out for now.”

“Huh?”

“Just get out.”

Kai turned and grasped the handle to the door before looking back at Lay. “You know you shouldn’t get mad at him. He did almost the exact thing that you would have done. He asked all the right questions, heh, he even did the infamous Kris glare on him. He didn’t just let me leave with him.”

“…”

“Besides Lay, you’re not my boyfriend.”


Oh looky! A new chapter after spending about a month away. TT.TT

Mianhae! I got busy with school. I'm trying to pass this semester with all As so that my GPA will go up. So I haven't had a lot of time to actually sit down and write up the new chapters!

I am so grateful for both new and old subbies! :D You all seriously make my day no matter what. :D

I hope that this chapter is something that you enjoyed, hated, and debated.

Next chapter will definitely move the story along I promise.  *SLIGHT SPOILER*I will tell you now its going to be rated and what's going to happen isn't going to be good for one of the characters.

See y'all soon! <3

Kamsahamnida!