Chapter 3

It's Okay to be Alone.



Sun ye walked through the campus in fast motion, clearly ignoring Taeyang’s yelling for her behind her.
Sttuuupid sunbae! She angrily thought

“OH. Come on..Sunye! I was only kidding back there!” Taeyang shouted.

She stopped and felt a hand on her shoulder.

“Please…” He said breathing harshly like he just ran a mile.

Before he said anything else, a crowd of girls ran outside from the buildings, shoving Sunye out of the way. HOW RUDE!

“AH! TAEYANG OPPA!!”

“TAE TAE!”

“yahh opppa!, look what I got you!”

They each shoved their presents; snacks and random packets of cookies wrapped in girly pink or baby blue paper. Almost every day, because of his charm and personality, girls would offer him presents and little love notes. But of course, since he’s such a “gentlemen” he had no choice but to accept them which gave girls an advantage.

“OPPPA, please take these! We made these all night!” a girl shoved a huge bag of freshly baked cookies
“NO! take these! Its you’re favorite! Dukkbogi and fried squid!” shoving a blue bento box in his hands.
“YAH, no he wants these!”
“NO, you’ll probably poison him!”
“YAH!”

Soon the other girls started to push and shove trying to get his attention.
Oh no girl fight! He thought.

“Whoa whoa, Ladies Ladies!” Taeyang said, waving his hands in the air.

“Hey, All of you are so kind but right now I’m a little busy..how bout you girls give them to me later alright?”

He tried to go through but the crowd pulled him back

“BUT! Oppa!, We want you to have these now!”
“YEAH!” they all agreed, shoving closer to him.
He didn’t know what to do, he looked around and saw Sunye who was crossing her arms, almost mocking him in a You-deserved-it-look.

Taeyang looked at her with pleading eyes. Help me here!

She continued to stand there watching in amusement as Taeyang was almost getting smothered by scary fan girly girls.
He totally deserves it!

But as she was able to walk away, Taeyang shot her a glare PLEASE HELP ME!
Taeyang was absolutely in need; he started to wave his arms around but was getting shoved with gifts.

Sunye sighed but almost laughed at the scene,”Even though he is shy, he’s surely helpless when it comes to girls”

He once again tried to get away from the crowd, Meng! these girls are feisty! And I don’t mean that in a good way!


“LOOK! It’s the rest of the Big bang members!” he heard a girl yelled out
All of the hands that were on him were off and every girl turned around,
“WHERE?!”
“OVER IN THE CORNER!”
All of them ran from Taeyang in the opposite corner,
“AH! BIG BANG!,”
“I need to give this to DAESUNG”!
“My loovveely Jiyong!!”

As their figures vanished in the distance, Taeyang turned around seeing Sunye, her back was facing him

“A-ah, thanks Sun.” he embarrassedly said. Its not the first time she saved him from soon to be angry fan girls since Yoobin.

Sunye turned around looking into his eyes, “You know I have a lot of respect for you so you should be glad I’m still talking to you, looking at you and even seeing that you cease to exist, even if you are in Big Bang, Taeyang Sunbae..”

Surprised at her answer, Taeyang smiled..almost a devilish grin.

“Oh?, so even if I weren’t in Big bang, you’ll still look only at me?”

“UGAH. You’re impossible, Sunbae!” Sunye threw her hands up in the air in frustration.

Taeyang laughed. He loved to tease Sunye every chance he gets. Both of them or rather for Sunye have a love and hate relationship.

It was like only yesterday, we first met on this campus..

Past-

At 13 years old, Sunye and her little sister decided to took a tour around Seoul Music&Dance Unversity. Since it specializes in the art of dance and music, Sunye believed that she had the talent and it was her dream to become a singer.

“This here is the building where all vocalists would practice and dancers are in this building.” The tour guide pointed to two buildings connected to each other.

“..and here this is…”

Blah blah blah.. Sunye didn’t want to hear it.

“Why can’t we go inside the buildings…?” Sunye asked her sister.
“Not sure..you think it must be something kept secret inside?” she grinned at Sunye, giving her an idea.
“Oh..are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

Her sister is about 2-3 years younger than Sunye, she was always the adventure type, wanting to go to places where she was told not to. Others would think that they were like twins with the same minds instead of sisters.

“Of course…let bounce!”

While following the group, they decided to skip and hid in the corner. Hearing the tour guide voice in the distance, they knew that they left the area.
Excited, Sunye decided to go into the vocal department, “Come on, let’s go inside!”

Her sister agreed.
Running to a building, they walked slowly down the dimly light hallway.
“…is anyone here?...” Sunye’s sister asked as she looked around
Sunye titled her head around every corner in each hallway and tried to open a door.

“Its locked..guess that’s why we couldn’t even tour in these buildings..”

She stopped and sighed, “Aww..that …do you think we should leave then?.its kinda creepy here.” She shivered.

“..No not yet.” Sunye still trying to open every other door but without any luck, it was still locked.
“None of these doors are gonna open Unnie.”
“I know but..wait.” Sunye lifted her head up, there was a faint sound coming from upstairs
“Do you hear that?”
“Huh?”
“That sound..”
“..I don’t hear it..”
“…it sounds like…a piano..” Sunye started to walk down the hall, quickening her pace.

Sunye had a specialty on hearing sounds very well and once she hears something like music passing in her ears, she does what it takes to find its source.

“P-Piano?..I don’t hear it…ah wait!”
Sunye’s sister ran behind just barely catching up to her but as she ran up the stairs, Sunye ran to the left but she ran to the right.
She stopped at a dead end, “HUH?!..where did you go..SUNYE-UNNIE!!”

Hearing her little sister yell in panic, Sunye ignored her.

Sorry sis!I know someone is playing..I gotta find who it is..

Sunye reached her destination as the sound of the piano got louder
She stood near a door where the sound came from
Going closer, Sunye pressed her ears against it. She heard a soft melody and words

Someone’s singing…

(say goodbye-Chris Brown)

How do you let it go? When you,
You just don't know? What's on,
The other side of the door


Being as careful as she was, she twisted the door knob to a creek and peeked inside.

When you're walking out, talk about it
Everything I tried to remember to say
Just went out my head
So I'ma do the best I can to get you to understand
'cause I know


It was a dance studio with large windows showing the view of the campus and a mirror on the side. But what stood out was a grand white piano in the corner.
A boy or even someone that looked older was playing; his back was facing her direction.
It was a soft melody that fitted every note and every word that he sang.

There's never a right time to say goodbye
But I gotta make the first move
'Cause if I don't you gonna start hating me
Cause I really don't feel the way I once felt about you
Girl it's not you, it's me
I kinda gotta figure out what I need (oh)
There's never a right time to say goodbye


Without even realizing it, Sunye’s whole body was in awe. She was in complete trance of his powerful voice, she didn’t even notice that she was in clear view, fully widen the door, her body was out in the open.


But we know that we gotta go
Our separate ways
And I know it's hard but I gotta do it,
And it's killing me


As he sang the last lines, he purposely pressed the wrong keys, and then banged his hands on the keys, killing the melody which frightened Sunye calling her back to reality.
The door behind her slammed

OH NO!

“What are you doing here?” he coldly said. His back was still facing her, but she could feel anger in his voice.
“Ah…urm..” Sunye stuttered.He speaks Korean!

He turned around showing his feature. His eye had a stern look, he was handsome and is well built by the V-neck shirt he was wearing

Sunye felt that she couldn’t even breathe or even move by his features and without realizing, she blushed.

“Sing.”

Sunye looked up with a confused face. “Huh?”

He sighed in frustration giving Sunye an intimated stare

“I can either call security for trespassing and get you kicked out because seeing your new face..”

He looked up and down at her making Sunye shiver, “ I can tell that you’re one of the kids from that tour guide..”

Surprised she managed to say, “H-How did you know?”

He pointed a clear glass window behind him, “ I can see.”


“A-ah..”
“So..I’m not here to chat, Sing or I’m calling.” He took out a phone from his pocket and flipped it open.

Pressure was all on Sunye but she was confused. Why is he doing this..

Before she had a chance to think, he pressed a button on his phone which was dialing a number
Her eyes widen I’m gonna get in trouble!

“U-Uh, press the C key!” she yelled.
On the phone, there was a “Hello? This is the front desk of Security.-

He narrowed his eyes slightly and pressed the key on the piano firmly.

As a cue, Sunye held her breath, closed her eyes and sang


During the song, He looked at her silently listening

Her voice..

When Sunye was done, she slowly opened her eyes and was he standing directly in front of her
He smirked.

“ I can’t believe kids like you wanting to get here…this school is not here for people who want to learn how to be the best or the greatest..once you got that, you only want it for fame, it aint real talent.” He folded his arms.

Silence came. Sunye felt a little hurt, He has no right to say that,

“YAH, I did what you told me to do-“

“You’re an exception.”

Surprised, She looked at him. “Huh?”

Ignoring her confusion, he walked back to his piano. “That song..sounds like this..” He played the piano, following the same notes that she sang.

Sunye nodded and walked closer to the piano silently watching him play the piece. How does he know that melody so quickly?

He stopped briefly and took out a hat and placed it titling it on the side and smiled widely at her.
“ I can make you..the greatest vocalist that you can ever be.”
--.
During the rest of the Summer, Sunye went to the school everyday learning from Taeyang. He was able to teach her all the tricks to become a better vocalist. To be able to attend the school, students were to be tested by top students of the university usually determining their personality and ability to sing, dance, or act. But the catch; only 5 out of 800 was able to make it.

He announced there would be a concert showing at the university and convinced Sunye to attend..

“Huh? A show?” Sunye curiously said as she wondered why she was informed before.
“Yeah.Its kind of like a Talent show. It should be fun so why don’t we take a break today..you worked hard.”

Unsure about the situation, Sunye decided to go since she felt that she really did work hard and sure, a break did sound nice.

Dragging her out of the building, they went to a huge auditorium. There were crowds of people were everywhere. Fumbling through them, Sunye yelled out “Where are we going??”

“A better spot then in the crowd! I know where!” he yelled back

Going to a dark room, “Yah. Taeyang sunbae! What are we doing here?!”
She felt someone cover . “SHH!”
“ummpf!”

Taeyang took his hand off of Sunye’s mouth and turned to look at her, “okay, so you know that to be able to get into this school you need to pass a test right?”
She nodded, slightly unsure what the situation is.
“Alright but I never told you there’s another way-

Being interrupted, a light shined in the background, an announcer was heard over the microphone,
“NOW presenting, one of our newest vocalist, SUNYE!”


Huh??” Oh no, he COULDN’T!

Taeyang grinned, “Win this competition, It’s a test to see if you are capable to singing.”

“But you said this was a TALENT SHOW! And I was NEVER in IT!!”

“That’s the reason why. If I told you, then you would have never have came,Come on, Sun. They’re waiting!” He placed
his hand on her shoulders, turned her around and pushed her closer to the stage

“But--!” Trying to hold back. But Taeyang wrapped his arms around Sunye’s waist

“Sing with your heart and you’ll win theirs..” he whispered in her ear

Before Sunye got a chance to speak, Taeyang immediately shoved her pushing her on to the lighted stage.
As it turns out, Sunye did win the hearts of many with her voice. She won the competition and got in full scholarship in the school as well.

And here we are…many years from back then. She’s here attending this school.

“YAH. ARE YOU JUST GONNA STAND THERE OR ARE YOU COMING INSIDE, SUNBAEE!!” yelled out Sunye from the second floor window, the same place where they first met.
He smirked, “IM COMING!”



…If only, she knew,



How many hearts she captured with her voice like she did with…mine