extra sweet.

It's Okay to be Alone.

A/N: here’s a little extra chapter for you guys. Please enjoy.

 

Taeyang got out of his car and looked up. Smiling, he nodded, “This is the right house..” he said as he noticed pink flowers growing on the side of the walls. She loves flowers.

Reaching from his car, he took out a bag filled with a wonderful smell. “I hope she likes this..” he said outloud as he walk towards the door.

Knocking, he waited patiently. But for a strange reason, there was no one.  Curious, he knocked again but no reply. Taeyang sighed.

He walked around the porch, trying to look inside the windows. It was empty and it seems that no one was home. As Taeyang was about to turn around back to his car, the door quietly opened and he heard a voice.

“…Taeyang….Sunbae?”

 

Quickly turning around,  he was surprised to see.

 

“Ah…Sun..Mi?”

 

~~~

*Ring Ring!

Sunye shuffled around in her sheets as her cell phone kept ringing. Putting her arms out trying to find her cell phone, she turned it around and without even checking to see who it is, she muffled a small ‘What do you want?’.

The voice on the other line said, “Well Good Morning to you, little miss sunshine.”

Sunye immediately recognized who it was and fought back to hang up. “If you are here to torment me, now is not the time…” she said as she sniffed and with a congested voice she said, “I’ve been sick for 2 days already!”

Hearing a small chuckle, Sunye pouted. She turned over on her side of the bed facing a blank wall. “You know I hate being sick…”

“Of course…that’s why I’m here to take you out!”

“What? Me?...ptsh. please. You don’t even know where I live!”

There goes the chuckle again.

Sunye frowned, “What?”

“Nothing…but you know.. you do have a pretty nice home, but your room? Well….it could use some cleaning up.”

Her ears perked up, hearing that voice right behind her then turned around and saw a smirking Taeyang peering down at her, in her room while she had her ‘morning’ face on, no makeup, messy hair and probably the worst looking congested nose in the century. 

“AAAAAHHH!!” she squeaked then throwing herself under the blankets. “What in the world are you doing here, Taeyang-sunbae?!”  she yelled under the blankets.

“Yah. Getting you out.” Taeyang said as he tried to pull the blankets out but Sunye pulled back, trying to cover herself—well, mostly her face.

Sunye quickly kicked him back then poking her head in a small opening. “ME? I don’t need to go out! I told you—I’m SICK  from..oh, I don’t know—YOU!”

“Hey. I’m sorry about that. It was my fault I took the umbrella from you. But come on, I’m here to make amends.”

She frowned, “Amends? How about you leave?  Then that can be something I can agree on.”

Taeyang returned the frown as he crossed his arms. “I’m not leaving, Sunye.”

“Well, I’m not leaving either!” Sunye yelled back, quickly hiding underneath her blankets.

With a long sigh, Taeyang sat on the edge of the mattress. “If I am able to make you come out under there, then you’ll go?”

“Hah, if you can! No threats or tickling will work on me!” Sunye said. But after a brief moment, she popped her head out, “How…did you know where I lived?”

Taeyang smirked, “Well…from Yoobin but I thought I had the wrong house. But a little bird namely someone’s LITTLE SISTER  told me that you were up here sleeping.” He quickly turned to her, “How come, I never knew your little sister was SunMi?”

 

 

Moments before:

“….Ah. Sun…Mi?” Taeyang said in shock.

Sunmi stood there in her long grey sweater and shorts, and nodded. “What are you doing here?”

He scratch his head, slightly embarrassed. “I guess..I should be asking you too but I may have the wrong house…but—“

“Are you looking for Sunye-Unnie?” Sunmi asked interrupting him but smiled since she knew Sunye was gonna be mad because she was letting him in.

“Unnie? You’re her sister?”

Sunmi nodded, “Yes we are! Funny how all this time, you never noticed. Your two sisters always come over.”

 

“Yah…it’s because you never asked!” Sunye said, this time getting up but covering herself. She was a little irritated but mostly that anger was from herself being sick, “You were too focused on yourself rather than the people around you!”

That’s what hit him. Taeyang took a step back from the bed and put his head down. Sunye didn’t understand his reaction mainly because she didn’t know about the fight that occurred between him and his two siblings—about him not being able to understand that all he’s been doing is focusing on himself—he’s been to ‘blind’ to understand or to even realize what was going on. But she knew, Sunye didn’t know exactly but from his facial expression, she felt like she should have kept shut.

“S-Sunbae…I..” Sunye started to say.

Taeyang shook his head, “No its fine…here.” He placed a bag on the nightstand, “I got you some rice porridge, eat it while it still hot…” then turned to leave the room.

Surprised, Sunye looked at the bag and his disappearing  back as he went out the door. She gave in a sigh and ran after him.

“Yah, wait!” Sunye attempted to reach for him but fell forward, coughing roughly. She wasn’t in fact close to being recovered but was still able to get his attention at least.

She felt a hand on her shoulder then looked up, “You need to get back in bed.” Taeyang ordered.

With a smirk, Sunye glared at him, “Well..I’m out of bed. Aren’t I?..I guess we are going somewhere.”

Helping her up back to her room, Taeyang shook his head but Sunye still persisted. She turned around to face him, “Look. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it that way, Tae-sunbae. I’m sick and you know, my well ness gets the best out of me. I—“

“Am I really that blind?”  Taeyang interrupted. He looked at her with the most saddest eyes that Sunye ever saw.

Giving him a gentle look, Sunye shook her head, “No…No you’re not.” She gently gripped his arm, “You’re a good person. Sunbae.”

Taeyang smiled and broke eye contact with her with a slight chuckle. “You know.. you do the weirdest things to me. It’s funny, but now that you are out. I will start picking up some things for you.” He said while taking a small walk around Sunye’s cluttered room.

“What?” 

He picked several clothes from the floor, her desk and even from a jacket hanging over a lamp and laid it on the bed. “Wear these. I’ll wait for you outside.”

“Huh?” Sunye said, looking at him.

“You got 5 minutes!...you better hurry or else I’ll come barging in here.” He said as he closed the door.

“H-Hey!” with a pout, Sunye crossed her arms and muttered, “One thing not perfected is  being bossy!”  then moving to change her clothes.

 

Taeyang decided to wait in the living room. Sunye had a small but simple home. It was only a one story with all it necessities. As he went in, he saw Sunmi and Seungri just leaving.

“Ah..Tae-hyung!” Seungri said.

He nodded, “Hey, Where are you guys going?”

“Out shopping!” Sunmi said happily even though with the look of Seungri, it would mean him being bored.

Seungri nodded, “What are you doing here?”

Taeyang pointed to the stairs, “Trying to get Sunye out.”

They both chuckled as if there was something between them. “What?” Taeyang asked.

“You’ll be lucky if she ever gets out.” Sunmi said then pulling Seungri with her. “Have fun, Sunbae.”

With Sunmi pulling Seungri, he grinned, “Bye Tae-hyung!” Leaving  Taeyang in the empty house.  But he still grinned. What in the world are they talking about? He thought.

Taeyang looked at his watch, five minutes were already up. “Yah!...I’m coming—“ but stopped.

Standing there was Sunye, with a glum look on her face. “You. Don’t.Have to. I’m here.” She said in an irritated voice.

Taeyang smirked. “You..look nice.”

“Nice?..Yah.. I didn’t even have enough time..” she said as she crossed her arms, then muttering, “I’m not even wearing any makeup..”

He approached her, face to face in which Sunye froze up. Taeyang gently tilted her chin up, “You..still look more beautiful. I prefer a natural face, Sunye.” He said with a smile.

Sunye quickly turned red and whisked his hand away, “Yah. Stop it, Sunbae…I’m sick!. Anyways..Where are we going?”

“That’s a secret…Come on.” He said as he grabbed her out the door.

 

20 minutes later after Sunye’s nagging voice asking where she was taking her and the fact that she had to wear a blind fold annoyed her.

Feeling that there was a stop, she heard the door open. Taeyang took her hand and her blind fold off.

“We’re here..” he said.

Squinting her eyes, she looked  at the huge sign in front of her and tilted her head,

 “An.. Amusement park?”  Sunye questioned out loud.

Taeyang smiled, “Yeah..I knew you liked amusement parks, so why not?”

She slightly smiled, “You’re right. It’s been so long since I had fun. “ she said with a twinkle in her eye but as she blinked still reminiscing, a slight pain lingered.

“…I haven’t been here since..that.” Sunye whispered to herself trailing off.

Taeyang sensed that something was wrong. Maybe it was a bad place to take her? Was it because she was sick—she’s not feeling well enough to go out? It is because of him?

He gently grabbed her arm. “..Sunye?”

Shaking her head, Sunye gave him a bright smile, “It’s nothing! Let’s go, I want to go on every ride there is today!”

Running into the entrance, Taeyang followed her inside.

“Wait…a minute.” Sunye said as she turned around, facing Taeyang. “There’s…no one here.”

Taeyang smiled brightly as he walked to her, “That’s because I booked the whole amusement park for today.”

Surprised, Sunye looked at him, “Oh..that’s so—“

“Sweet? Ha, I know” Taeyang winked at her, “If there were people today, I bet all my fan girls be going after us.”

Sunye simple scoffed, it was typical that Taeyang would say that. “Well I was about to say, ‘How lame’! This isn’t going to get you off the hook about that night!---We are going to ride the Fall of Death first! And I know you just love that ride” she sarcastically noted even though she knew full well that he hated heights. 

Taeyang gulped, “Wait..what--!”  It was too late as he was shoved by Sunye going in his worst nightmare.

 

-Several hours passed as they both went to each and every ride in the park. Throughout the rides, Sunye was actually having a good time.

As she sat down on the bench waiting for Taeyang, she took a breath. It was a pretty cold day but she loved winter. Smiling to herself, she blew her warm breath into her hands.

“Here.” Taeyang said, handing her a cup of hot chocolate.

Nodding her head, “Thanks.”

Taking a seat next to her, “So…how do you like it?”

Not sure if he meant the hot chocolate or the fact that he was taking her out to the theme park. Sunye just nodded.

“Look, I’m still sorry about last time. So many things have gotten over my head that night.” Taeyang started.

Sunye put the cup down on floor beside her to look at him, “It’s fine. You had your reasons.”

“it’s not okay. I left you there in the rain!..I-I should have taken care of you.” He stated. “Let me tell you the whole truth.”

After mentioning to her about Bom, Jiyong and Sohee’s situation, he ended it with a sigh. “Then..here we are. I don’t even know how to even act in front of them anymore. Sohee won’t talk to me. ”

And I almost thought you won’t  Taeyang thought to himself but felt a hand on his.

“Everything will fit in place, you shouldn’t worry. And today…was enough.” Sunye said giving him a gentle smile.

“Is it?”

“Oh..you still owe me many things, Taeyang-Sunbae.” She smirked. 

“What do you want? Just name it!” he said.

Sunye chuckled, “A concert.”

“What?”

“You know, you still owe me a performance, Mr.hot shot of the billboards. I wasn’t able to make it to your solo so you owe me one!”

Taeyang laughed, “A concert? Don’t worry, I’ll get you one, alright!” Pulling her up, he quickly took her to the middle part of the theme park, where there was an outside area with a stage.

“Just sit right here.” He said.

Sitting down, Sunye was about to talk when Taeyang pressed his finger against her lips, “Not now.” He stated then took out his jacket to cover her shoulders.

With a simple smile, Sunye nodded, awaiting for what Taeyang was up to as he went up on the stage.

“All I want you to do is Look only at me.”

Flashing lights came on as the music started to play.

-

After several  songs, Taeyang sang one of the last words as he put down the microphone, smiling bright at Sunye.

She quickly stood up and started clapping..until she felt something wet on her cheeks. Taeyang noticed her confused face as well.

Quickly touching her face, she looked making eye contact directly at him then at the sky.

It started to pour rain. Taeyang quickly ran down the stage and grabbed Sunye.

“I guess this concludes our day. I’ll get you home!”  he said as they both rushed out to the car.

Finally parked in front of Sunye’s home, Taeyang had walked her up to the door as she laughed. “That was totally funny how you almost slipped on your face when we ran out of the rain!”

“Yah! This is my face we are talking about! I rather look silly hugging myself to that pole if it wasn’t there!”

“You are so conceited, Sunbae!”

“At least I care about myself so that others won’t worry about me.” Taeyang stated.

With her gentle eyes, she tapped on Taeyang’s forehead. “Yah. You know you are always and will be cared for. Don’t think you can try to be strong in front of others so you don’t have to be the one less needed. Everyone has their needs, Taeyang-Sunbae.”

“Well..Have your needs be met? What should I do?” he asked

Sunye crossed her arms, “As I mentioned before…today was just enough. But I want you to be yourself. You need to know yourself and realize what is there around you, not what’s in front of you.”

“But what if my need is in front of me?” Taeyang noted as he leaned closer.

Titling her head, Sunye was unsure of that answer but without even thinking, Sunye took her hand to cup his cheek moving closer to him, “..You need trust yourself and believe in others first. “

“But I trust you…” Taeyang said as their nose touched.

“Yeah…but I also you want to trust them..everyone.”  she said.

They were just millimeters close as their lips were barely touching

                                                                 until…

 

ACHOO!

 

Sunye quickly covered as she looked at Taeyang in complete embarrassment, who had the most digested look on his face since apparently Sunye just sneezed on him.

“I…think I deserve that.” He said

“I. Am. So. Sorry!”  She yelled as she took out a napkin to wipe his face.

 

The next day in Taeyang’s home:



"ACHOOOOO!!"
 

 

a large sneeze echoed out in the room with more sniffing and coughing.

 

“Yahh! You need to cover your mouth! Taeyang-Sunbae!”

 

Taeyang quickly took the tissue box from Sunye, “Well..look whose talking now!”