Chapter 17

It's Okay to be Alone.

“Thank you!” Sunye said out loud behind her from the grocery store. It was a good day for her, getting all the groceries and cooking a great big meal was something she loved to do. Walking down the sidewalk, she fell small droplets falling on her head. Looking up the sky, she knew it was going to rain as she pulled out her umbrella.

Sunye chuckled happily, “It was a good thing that I bought my umbrella today! I just can’t afford to be sick ever again!”

That moment she heard two girls walking briskly past her, “Did you hear what that strange guy was yelling about?”

“No..but he was sure weird. It’s pouring rain out…” the girl commented.

Sunye looked at them. Strange guy?  

Walking near the bus stop she was going for, she saw someone sitting whom she believe was what the girls were talking about. Thinking about going to another stop, she noticed one thing familiar about him.

 His hair..

Going closer, she saw him breathing, which was a good sign because the way he was sitting was not normal. His head was low between his legs with his arms were covering his head but only his Mohawk was showing. And for the person to only have a Mohawk in all of Korea would be…

 

“T-taeyang-Sunbae!”

                ~~~

 

Taeyang snuggled closer to Sunye’s neck for warmth as he embraced her. Sunye was too much in shock to know what was happening but the sound of a truck honking next to them on street took them out of their trance.

“Ah!” Taeyang let go of her, feeling embarrassed.  “I-I’m sorry.”

Sunye stood in front of him as she took a breath and shivered a little as it was raining, “What are you doing out here?! Are you trying to get a cold? And aren’t you supposed to be at your concert--”

Shaking his head, he ignored everything, he asked almost in panic “Have you seen my sister? Bom?”

Taken back, Sunye eyes widen, “She ran away?”

“Yeah…it’s just, things got complicated back there. I found Sohee and Jiyong…and I don’t know,” he sighed, “ I thought it was right in keeping them away from being together was all wrong. It’s just..I don’t know what to think anymore.” He said in frustration, putting his hands to his head.

Sunye took his hands gently, “You shouldn’t worry. He will never hurt her. You just gotta have more faith and trust into him. But first things first, look for Bom.”

“But…”

“Sunbae, you trusted me. Why can’t you trust him?”

 

Because it’s you..he thought.

Taeyang looked at her as he sighed, “I Just…I don’t know. What would you do if you found out that one of your best friends has been sneaking around with your sibling and the fact that you were the only one that didn’t know about it?”

“Sunbae…” Sunye said, “It’s not about sneaking around, you knew it before, but you still didn’t trust him? If you believe in him as a member, then why not believe him now?”

Taeyang took a step back and slightly nodded.

“But..anyways. Where do you think Bom is?” Sunye asked.

Taeyang sighed as he looked around. It was a familiar place as there were shops nearby “I don’t know…I haven’t been in this area since we were kids..”

Sunye smiled, “Well, isn’t there a place where kids love to go to?”

His face lit up as if it was a light bulb. “The rabbit park…Bom loved going there!” He turned around and took the umbrella off the ground, “Sorry but I’m going to borrow this!”

Sunye made a face, “YAH! That’s my only umbrella---“

but stopped short after she felt a warm kiss on her cheek.

 

“…I’ll make it up to you, Thank you Sunye.” He said lastly before he took off running.

Shaking off what Taeyang did, Sunye looked on the ground where her now ruin groceries were wet from the rain.

 

“MY GROCERIES!!!”

 

 

~~~

 

Running fast down the sidewalk in the rain, Bom’s tears continued to fall on her cheeks. That...stupid..ugh! I’m so angry at him! thought Bom. “AH!”

She yelped as she fell down with her palms on the ground. Sitting back on her bottom, she looked at her black leggings and there already a hole. “Oh no…It’s bleeding.” She frowned as she lifted her knee to examine it.

“Are you alright?” someone asked.

Bom quickly looked up. It was a tall man wearing a hooded raincoat. He smiled brightly at her as he took out his hand, “Don’t worry, I don’t bite. I’ll help you up.”

Hesitant, Bom took his hand but fell back down. “Ouch!” she cried. But the stranger held on to her. He chuckled, “You probably hurt your ankle as well…” he said.

Bom slightly nodded, turning a little red. “I..guess I did.” She said but got out of his reach, holding on to a bench near them, luckily it had a roof on top to cover them from the rain.

“So…What are you doing here at the park? Especially in the rain?” he asked.

Bom looked up at him, his hair was wet where she could barely see his eyes, “Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” she countered.

He smiled, “Well..If I didn’t come here then I wouldn’t be able to find a lost little bunny, wouldn’t I?”

Bunny? Who is he calling a bunny!? Thought Bom as she frowned, “I’m not a lost bunny---!” she said pouting.

The stranger laughed, it was a nice simple one despite the rain pouring. “The last time I checked..this is a Bunny park—“ he said but was then interrupted by…

“BOMM!”

Both of them looked and saw Taeyang running towards them with a large umbrella. “There you are!”

As Taeyang came closer, the stranger turned to Bom, “Well..Nice to meet you. —don’t get lost again, little bunny.” He said, quickly leaving the scene, leaving Bom wanting to yell at him but Taeyang ran in front of Bom, covering her, holding her close, “A-Are you okay?” he asked, he looked over her face and then saw her knee.

“What happened here?”

But Bom didn’t answer. She was still angry at him as she looked away. Taeyang took a seat next to her as silence over took the atmosphere as the rain continued to pour on.

Bom being the shy one yet loyal one, never had much to say but to Taeyang, he knew how she was feeling.

“I always paid attention to Sohee…” he started.

“She is always the one that is loud, getting into slight or if not big trouble. She can be smart sometimes but still…she is the youngest and I have to protect----“

“Protect her? Who is there for me? I’m the one looking over her, agreeing where she wants to go following where ever she goes..I know that you scold her. But what about me?! I know that I don’t do much but I need something. I’m here too! She has Jiyong, why…why can’t you let her go…?” She harshly yelled.

Shocked, Taeyang didn’t know what to say.

“Bom..I..” he said, unsure what to say actually.

She sighed as she shook her head, “No..just don’t say anything.” She said sadly.

 

Taeyang turned to her and took her hands, “I’m sorry, Bom. I’m truly truly sorry. I understand that I may be blind but when I know there is a problem, I just go with my head not with my heart. You are my sister, Bom. Not just Sohee, you are always in the picture when it comes to family.” he gave her a smile, “How bout this, since you’re always taking care after Sohee, how about I take care of  you, hrm?”

Taking back, Bom still frowned, “But whose gonna take care after you?”

“Me.” Was Tayang’s response with made Bom scoffed,

“That’s your head talking again.”  Bom said which surprised Taeyang who chuckled as he scratched his head.

 “At least I tried…” he commented but slightly ducked his head low, “I keep on trying…it’s hard to figure out what to do. You know that if anything happens to the two of you…”

“Omma would want us to go back to Japan.” Bom said, finishing the sentence for him.

Taeyang nodded, “Then tell me..What really happened, and this time, I will listen.

 

```

“Jiyong…?” Sohee said, looking up at him

Jiong smiled, a little small yet a smile still plastered on his face, “What is it, Love?”

“This ..scar. Where did I get it from?” she said sternly and cold.

Everyone turned in slience towards Sohee, who had a straight face.

Jiyong’s eyes widen, smile gone as he shook his head, “Actually….I-I don’t know—“

“DON’T LIE TO ME!” Sohee yelled as she grabbed his shirt, looking into his eyes, tears were almost falling. “Please…Where did I get this scar? I don’t believe that Taeyang-oppa was the only one lied to.”

Holding gently onto her hands, Jiyong started, “I…” he sighed. But he just has to, “Bom..she—“

“Bom-Unnie?”

He nodded, “She made us promise..not to tell you.”

“What..?!”

“I’m sorry…I---“

“It was because of the car accident.”

They both turned, “Daesung!” Jiyong yelled.

But Daesung merely shook his head, “She has to know, Ji.”  Taking his attention back to Sohee, he said, “During the car accident, Bom called us for help in panic. We immidiently drove over there and found out that you were stuck in the wreck. Jiyong decided to take the blame but when we got to the hospital, we found out some more bad news…” he said, trailing off into silence.

“What?....What else happen to me?” Sohee said almost in panic after she let go of Jiyong’s shirt, she ran to Daesung, grabbing at him, she screamed.

“WHAT HAPPENED?!”

“Sohee!, please…!” Jiyong said trying to pull her off. Still holding her from behind, Sohee started to cry. She looked at everyone in the room; all of the big bang members were there including Yoobin and Teddy.

“All of you! I know you know something about me! What else do I NOT know?!” she yelled through her tears, “I know that I was unconscious for two days…” she stopped and looked up. Bingo

“I was…right?” she whispered.

That was then Jiyong dropped his arms off of Sohee as she turned around, looking up at him. She said, “I was gone for that long….right?”

The look on Jiyong already told her the answer as Sohee gasped.

“Two months.”

Everyone heard those two words but didn’t see who said it as it came from the mouth of Yoobin, who crossed her arms.

“Sohee, you weren’t unconscious for two days but you were unconscious for two months.”

With that said, Sohee’s world broke apart.

That is the reason why Taeyang-oppa held a grudge on Jiyong. Not only my life was in danger but I almost lost my memory as well.

~~~

 

 

Taeyang nodded, “I see…after all that, I got upset because of Sohee’s condition…” he sighed, let’s forget it.”

Bom looked up, “What?”

“Forget…pretend it never happened.” Taeyang said. “It’s gonna be hard to know about Sohee and Jiyong, but let’s leave it behind us—ah,”

His phone started to ring. Taking out his phone, he noticed that he was missing 30 calls—all from Seungri.

“Hello?”

“YAH! Tae-hyung!...where are you?! We’re a little played out here..we did a couple of songs to cover up your opening act, but the crowds getting restless! We need you here! Did you find Bom?”

“Yeah! I did..just do a couple of more songs, serenade the ladies or something!”

“WHAT? I have a girlfriend, Hyung!” Seungri yelled.

Taeyang almost slapped himself because of Seungri’s lack of ideas , “Ah,..you know what I mean! Tell Seunghyun to do one of his moves!”

“Oh…OH! Gotcha! Just hurry back!”

Hanging up, Taeyang turned to Bom, “Sorry, Sis. The concert already started. You’re okay, right?” mentioning about her knee.

Bom nodded as she moved her ankle a bit, “Yes. I’m fine. I can stay here by myself  like I always do...Youngbae.”

Taeyang held his breath. Youngbae? He slightly smiled as he poked her cheek, “What’s with calling me Youngbae now?...I haven’t heard that name since….”

“Appa turned against us.” Bom said silently.

A cold and silent shiver came across them as Bom looked up at Taeyang. His eyes turn stone cold and his hands balled into his fists. Memories flashed into his mind remembering the harsh childhood that him, Bom and Sohee had to face with their Appa---no, he was now a stranger to him.

  “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean---“ Bom started to say as she almost regret saying what she didn’t mean.

Taeyang shook his head, “No..it’s fine.” He slightly chuckled remembering why he was called Young bae. “…I was always called the Stubborn Youngbae by Omma, wasn’t I? Call me whatever you want, Family names are meant to be called by family.”

Bom nodded.

Again, Taeyang’s phone rang. “Aish, I gotta get going.”

“Don’t worry about me. I always come back….it seems that the rain is slowing down.”

Taeyang smiled and  patted her head, “ I’m sorry Bom.”

He turned to walk down the pathway but started to rub his forehead in annoyance, Damn! What the hell am I doing?!

Running back towards Bom he picked her up and carried her the way he used to as kids, giving her a piggy back,

Surprised, Bom startled , “Y-yaah ~! What are you doing?!” trying to hold on to him as she shirked.

“This time I’m sacrificing MY time for you Bom Bom!, I gotta treat the middle one some attention right?!” smiling Taeyang as he began walking down.

Bom protested,” Nooo! What about the concert?! You’re gonna be late!”

“It doesn’t matter, YOU are my first priority!”

Bom couldn’t help it but laughed terribly hard. Relieved that was still there in Taeyang’s eyes but of course Bom was his sister even so, she felt there was a closer connection.

Bom yelled out, “YAH! Go faster horse-y!”

“Horse-y?”

“Yeah! Go! Young Bae Bae- Horsey!”

“Well, I’ll show you horse!” Taeyang yelled and began trotting down the sidewalk home.

With Bom’s cheerful laughter and Taeyang’s smile, who could help but grin at these two, oldest and middle sibling.

 

~~~

Looking at his watch, Teddy made a face.

“He’ll be here.”

Turning around, he saw Yoobin walking towards him with a smug look.

“And you believe so?”

“I know so.” She commented. “Don’t you have any belief, you’re their manager.”

He smiled as he turned to her, “That I am, Sweetheart.”

Yoobin frowned, “Stop calling me that” glaring at him, “If you’re not going to do your job, I will.”

“Heh, You are not capable of doing so.” Teddy mocked.

Hearing those words, bought anger in her; feelings that she always hate about him. Before Yoobin turn to yell, the back door open wide, revealing Taeyang who was carrying Bom on his back.

“We’re here!!” Taeyang yelled, catching his breath.

 

Rushing to them, Yoobin was relived. “Finally!...What happened to Bom?” she asked as Taeyang gently plopped Bom on the chair.

“I..kinda fell. Don’t worry about me. Young Bae, Hurry! You can do it” she smiled.

“Thanks Bom, I needed that.” Taeyang said as he ran off to the stage; Big Bang were still there performing.

Looking at those two, Yoobin crossed her arms. She was quite surprised that they finally made up but what was still worrying her was about Sohee…

 

Back out on the stage, Seungehyun and the rest of Big Bang was unsure what else to do as most of them were yelling out Taeyang's name in slight anger.

"Taeyang! We want Taeyang!"

"Uh oh...we are in slight trouble..." gulped Daesung who nudged Jiyong, "What are we supposed to do now?"

"Keep our chins up and head high...Tae is gonna be here--" he whispered back but then suddenly the lights out.

 

Most of the fans screamed as they were shocked of what was happening. 

 

"What..?" Seungri said out loud.

 

But Seunghyun smirked, "I think we got company..." he said. 

Jiyong also smiled as he felt someone next to him. At that point, he knew exactly who it is.

 

"...I just made it." the voice said, "I've decided to change the first song...you know your part, Ji?"

 

Jiyong surprised but nodded. He knew just what he wanted once it got serious. Jiyong placed the microphone near his lips, "...I think someone needs a girl.." he said slowly said as the crowd went wild.

 

~~~

 

Several songs later, the crowd cheered loudly and went home happy with Taeyang's performance. Even Yoobin was impressed how much he had improved with his solo act.

"You did good." she said giving him a pat on the back.

 

Taeyang nodded, "Thanks...how was everything here as I was gone?"                     

"Don't worry about it. Big Bang did well...especially this guy." she said pointing to Seunghyun, who chuckled in embarrassment. 

"Hey..you don't have to tell him.."

"What did you do?"

"He tried to do a little dance but ended up falling over..."

"Yah...it was for entertainment! I didn't do it on purpose!" he said.

 

Taeyang laughed, "It's alright! Thanks for holding everything for me. I'm glad it over with---"

 

"Taeyang."

They all looked and saw Teddy standing there with his arms crossed with a serious expression which Taeyang gluped.

"A word with you, please." he ordered.

Taeyang nodded, mentioning to Yoobin and Seunghyun to go off in the VIP Room without him.

While both of them were having a private conversation, everyone waited around but there was a little tension, where Bom was unsure of as she saw Sohee in the corner. The whole time that Taeyang was performing, Sohee had kept to herself.  Bom approached to her, “Hey, are you---“

A hard smack was heard even at the end of the room, everyone gasped.

“Bom!” Taeyang yelled as he opened the door, followed by Teddy.

Bom’s cheek immediately turned red. She touched her cheek, “S-Sohee…”

“YOU’RE A LIAR!” she yelled.

“This whole time, you said that I was only keeping a little secret from Oppa saying only that I was hurt from the accident. But ME being in a COMA? I didn’t know it was that big of a deal keeping a little secret but knowing that I lost my memory because of this. I have the right to know about my health, Bom! Why…didn’t you tell me?

“Its…not like that, Sohee.”

“I WON’T believe you anymore! You…You.LIED TO EVERYONE, Including me!..How could you?! “

She said, running off. Bom was about to chase after her but Jiyong pulled her back “I’m sorry. She persisted.”

“It’s okay. Just go after her then..” Bom softly said.

Jiyong looked at her then at Taeyang who surprisingly gave him a nod. But still in his mind, he knew that Taeyang still didn’t approve. But that didn’t matter to him..all it was is about Sohee.

Jiyong said, “Okay.” Then running off.

 

With the silence still in the air, Teddy clapped his hands as if taking everyone out of trance, “Alright everyone. Let’s get a move on. A lot of things happened tonight…so why don’t we go out to eat or spend some time together? The night is still young, hrm? Some good meat BBQ?” he said which resulted in some grins.

Seungri happily nodded as he looked around, “Yeah! Let’s go! It be some good stress reliever. I haven’t had some good meat in a while.”

With his cheerful suggestion everyone started to agree as well. It was a long night.

As everyone gather their things, Seunghyun looked at Yoobin who was putting on her jacket. “You coming too?” he asked.

Yoobin merely looked at him, “Why not..” was her response.

Chuckling, he shrugged. “Just asking.”

~~~

Just reaching into a restaurant, it was empty as they booked the whole placed to themselves for privacy. Everyone was enjoying themselves, grabbing as much food as they can in their mouths—as it was all paid by Teddy.

 

Jiyong also joined them as he explained that Shin was taking Sohee home that night alongside with Bom even though Jiyong persisted, Bom thought it would be the best since she is about to have some time alone with her.

Taeyang nodded, he understood Bom’s plan. Like her, he would do everything to protect Sohee—she is the most fragile one in the family.  

 I think…not only that I needed your forgiveness in misunderstanding. You will need Sohee’s trust again. .Bom. We are alike in so many ways  Taeyang thought as he gave a talk to Bom a while back but was interrupted by Yoobin throwing a piece of meat on his plate.

“Yah. Have fun. Start eating, Tae.” She commanded. “Everything is gonna be fine.”

 Taeyang grew a small smile, “…yeah.”

 

“Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, HYUUUNNNNGG!!!! Everything is gonna be a pppieeceeee of CAAAAAKEEEEE!!!!” yelled out a fully red, Daesung with a bottle in hand.

Seunghyun quickly took the bottle and exclaimed, “When did this guy get DRUNK?!”

“Ahhh! He drank a random bottle! I think he thought it was juice!” Seungri said looking at it. “One sip of it, he turns into a manic!”

“YAAAH! WHO IS THE MANIC?!!?” he yelled pointing to Seungri who gulped.

“COME HEEERE!!”

“AAAHHHH!!” Seungri yelled out, as he ran around the long table with Daesung on his tail.

But midway of his chasing, he headlocked Jiyong, “AND YOUUUU!!”

“AH!” Daesung!” he said trying to get out of his grip.

“STOP BEING ALL GLOOMY!...you make the whole team look bad! ALL THIS ABOUT YOU AND SOHEE AND TAE. WHO CARES. BE TOGETHER! BUT STOP MAKING IT SO FREAKING ACKWARD.! IT MAKES ME SIIICKK TO MY STOMACH. WE ARE FAMILY liiikkeeeee you, me and seungri. ” Daesung said, letting go of his grip as he slumped on the floor, then turning to Yoobin, who was still amused at his drunk truth talk.

“YAAAAAHHH. AND YOU!” Daesung said, getting up slowly then waddling towards her with a huge grin plastered on his face.

“Yeah?” Yoobin causally said, as if she wasn’t scared of his actions.

“YOU.YOU.YOU.YOU.YOU….HRMM…” he said, thinking of what to say next or do drunks really think of what to say?

Daesung put his face right in front of her. “Youuuuuu! AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. THE BEEESTTT. NOOONNAAAAAA. IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLDDDD!!!!”  he screamed in delight, putting his arms around her. But the worst part is that they both fell backwards due to Daesung’s weight.

Wide eyed, both Seunghyun and Teddy reached out for her but it was too late as they both crashed on the ground.

As if the collusion was bad enough, Daesung felt something tickle in his throat. He quickly got up and looked at Yoobin who was still on the ground.

 

“Urm…nooonaaa..I gotta---UUUKKK!!” 

 

 

Daesung threw up on Yoobin’s shirt which she yelled in anger. “D-DAESUNG!”

As if he was out of his drunken trance or because he vomited, Daesung was back to his normal state and glupped. “I’m Sorrryyyy----!!!” he said, getting up and running away from her as Yoobin quickly chased him with her soiled shirt. “YOU. WILL. PAY. FOR.THIS!”

“But you are the best NOONA!”

 

“BULLL!!!!!” she cursed.

 

With this whole commotion going on, everyone smiled looking at the drunken Daesung and angry Yoobin as both Jiyong and Seungri yelled after them “HEY! She is OUR NOONA TOO!!” Taeyang felt like this was something back in the olden days when they were all playing with each other.

 

“It feels just like yesterday when Daesung spilled apple juice over Baby girl’s new shoes. She was furious.” Taeyang said to Seunghyun. “We are just like kids even today…”

Seunghyun simply nodded as Yoobin ran toward the restroom.

 

Moment later, Yoobin got out of the restroom and saw Seunghyun standing alone as if he was waiting for her.

Looking around, she said, “Where’s everyone?”

“Taeyang and Seungri helped get Daesung home as Teddy-hyung and Jiyong went back to the company.”

“And you?”

He smirked, “Your driver. “

 Not even surprised, Yoobin crossed her arms, “…Why you?”

“What? Did you want Taeyang to do it? Or Teddy?”

“Yah—“ Yoobin started but looked away as she sighed, “Forget it.” she said as she walked passed him.

Seunghyun noticed that she was patting a paper towel on her moisten shirt and sure enough, it was stained with a funky stench. He made a face, “You know…L.A Girl, I’m not letting you walk out like that.” He said as he pulled her back.

“Hey—its fine!”  Yoobin argued back but wide eyed as Seunghyun ped his jacket and took off his shirt, revealing a black wife beater. “What..are you?”

 

Being pushed with his shirt and jacket to the restroom, Seunghyun turned Yoobin, telling her, “Go change into these. You stink.”

Before she persisted, Seunghyun gave her a look as Yoobin sighed. Within minutes, Yoobin came out with Seunghyun’s clothes on. It was long on her but seem to have a comfort fit. Yoobin was wearing a frown on her face.

“Better?” Seunghyun smirked.

“…I rather wear the vomited shirt..” Yoobin muttered. He’s so stubborn!

“At least its clean.” He commented as they both went out of the restaurant to the car.

“Whatever. “

Still on the small walk to the nearest lot, they were in complete silence, the funny thing was that it wasn’t a awkward but rather a nice simple one. Something maybe they both understood about each other.  As they barely reached towards the car, Yoobin spoke up

“…Was today too much for you?” Yoobin asked, breaking the silence which surprised Seunghyun that she would be the first to talk.

He slightly shook his head, “There might be more worst cases...”

Yoobin made a simple nod.

“I’m surprised….but its understandable. Family is important. But man, You’re lucky to have siblings like them. It gets me almost jealous—“

 “What. Are. You. talking. about?” Yoobin turned to look at Seunghyun, her head titled as if she was mocked.

Confused, he gluped. “I…thought—“

 

She scoffed “You thought wrong.” Yoobin said walking towards him as Seunghyun hit his back against the car.

Yoobin’s cold eyes glared at him as she balled her fist. “Those kids? Seungri, Jiyong and Daesung? My sibling? Please. They’re nothing….They aren’t anything to me.”

“What?” Seunghyun said.

“They aren’t my brothers, They never were nor that they ever will be.” Yoobin said. Still no emotions in her voice but Seunghyun could sense something in her eyes sadness

 

“I’ve got no family, the only reason why they call me ‘Noona’ is a sign of respect. I’m an orphan. I’ve got no one but myself.”

 

“You mean--?”

 

“Tch. Didn’t you listen? I’ve always been alone….”

 

 

As she said those words, for some reason, Yoobin’s heart felt a slight drop—a feeling she never felt before.

 

But…its okay right?   she silently thought to herself. Yoobin glaze slowly down the ground. Certain emotions were trying to pull the strings of her heart but she didn't let it. Heck, feelings were even part of her vocabulary. She grew up this way, born this way, lived this way. Even with people, she was always the different one out because she wanted it.

 

Seunghyun continued to stare at her and without even thinking, he reached his arms around her, pulling her to a simple embrace.

 

Yoobin froze on impact with the warmth of Seunghyun's chest. He was in fact much taller than her but could hear his gentle whisper.

 

"You're not alone. I'm right here, aren't I?"