Chapter 15

It's Okay to be Alone.

A/N:
So I also write on Soompi as well, same username. I have finally reached the same pace as both sites! I hope I didn't overwhem with so many uploaded chapters--but I do hope you all enjoyed it.

I am deciding on writing my next story here as well--what do you think?

Please enjoy and subscribe!

--

Later that same day, Sunye and Yoobin were still on the campus walking towards Sunye’s car. Their conversation still lingered about Seunghyun whereabouts. As they were walking, Sunye changed the subject about going shopping that night for some clothes.

“And so…I wanted to go pick up some stuff at the store. There is this new dress that I saw online and I just need to get it!.....uh, Yoobin?” Sunye asked.

But Yoobin wasn’t paying attention, she still was looking straight but her mind were off somewhere. After she felt a pinch, she yelped, “Yah! What was that for?!”

Sunye frowned, “Are you still thinking about Seunghyun?”

“N-no!...why?” Yoobin said.

“Because you are about to step on dog poo…”

Yoobin quickly stopped and looked but Sunye laughed, “…I’m joking!..you don’t seem to know your surroundings when you’re not paying attention, Yoobinnie!”

Yoobin frowned, “…No I don’t. I was paying attention..”

“Well, what was I talking about then?”

“Uh…you..” Yoobin started but then behind Sunye, she saw a familiar figure. “Urm..”

“Yeah..? Come on,Yoobin—“

“I gotta go!” Yoobin said  out of  no where,

“What? Where??”

Yoobin started to run pass her and yelled from behind, “Just leave without me today! I…forgot something!”

“Ugh. Fine!” frowned Sunye as she crossed her arms, “That girl…”

 

Running down several stairways to the large court yard, Yoobin slowed down to take a breath. “Where is…”

LA girl?

Yoobin quickly turned around and for some reason she was a little relieved but didn’t say anything. Seunghyun was standing a few feet away, she noticed that he was holding several files in his hand and sighed, “Whatever..none of my business.” He said as he was about to leave.

A little taken back, she called out after him, “You made quite a big commotion.”

“And what of it?” He coldly said as he stopped walking.

Yoobin smirked, walking towards him with his back still in front of her, “Are you still mad at me?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? You—“

“I’m sorry.”

Surprised at what she said, Seunghyun turned around and looked at her, “What?”

Yoobin frowned, “I won’t repeat it. But you needed a little push and so does Big Bang…and..”

“And?” Seunghyun repeated.

“You may be their only chance.”

                                                                ~~~

Sunye pressed the button to unlock her car until…

“Sunye!”

Turning around, she spotting Bom and Sohee waving as they ran to her, “Oh hey!”

“Sorry, Sunye. Do you mind taking us home? Taeyang-oppa had some business to attend to. He tried calling you but you didn’t pick up, but we are sure glad to see you now!” Sohee said. 

Bom smiled, “Sorry if it’s a bother!”

Sunye shook her head, “No no. It’s not a problem at all! Honestly, I’m glad because I need to do some shopping!”

“YAY!” Sohee said happily.

~~~

“Only hope? Are you kidding?” Seunghyun said.

“It’s true…they need another rapper. Believe it or not, their morals as a group is going to sink.”

“And you trust me?” Seunghyun asked.

Yoobin looked at him, “No….But you have some potentials.”

He chuckled, “Wow, I finally got some praise from cold-hearted LA Girl.”

Yoobin frowned, “Shut up…Brooklyn.” She said but Seunghyun just merely smiled.

“Anyways…” he said reaching for Yoobin’s wrists and gently rubbing it with his thumb, “That night…did I hurt you?” Seunghyun asked in concern.

Almost falling for his touch, Yoobin struggled out of his grip, “I-I’m fine.” She quickly said but looked at him, “I bet I hurted you.”

Seunghyun laughed again with his eye tinkling at her, “Not really. Let’s just say, you surprised me the most, Yoobin.”

Like before, Yoobin’s attention almost perked up as he said her name. It was like as if her name just rolled off his tongue perfectly. “Urm..yeah.”

“But..hey, I don’t hurt women and even if I did, my noona, Hyori would come kicking my a.ss. which is the worst thing that could ever happen to me—rather than dying, of course.”

Yoobin held back a small grin, “How is Hyori?”

“Good. Actually, I gotta pick her up from work. She always makes me do stuff for her.” Seunghyun said looking at his watch. “…What are you still doing on campus?”

“I..uh, was with Sunye but she went off.” Yoobin half lied even though she ran only just to find him.

He nodded, “..I guess, I’ll see you later…” he said as he started to walk away.

“Wait.”

Seunghyun turned around, “What?”

A little jumbling with her words, Yoobin said, “Do…Do you mind if I go with you?”

Surprised but Seunghyun merely smiled, “Sure. But don’t hit me.”

~~~

 

After a couple of stores, Sunye, Sohee and Bom were taking a break eating a little snack in a small café. Their little shopping trip was full of giggles and laughs.

“And one time, when all of the bathrooms were taken, Sohee needed to go so badly, Taeyang had to piggy ride her to the closest store, but it was too late! Sohee already went on him!” laughed Bom.
 

“Yah! Unniee!! Don’t say that so loud!” Sohee said embarrassedly.

Sunye laughed and wiped a tear. “I-I can’t believe that happen to him! Don’t worry Sohee, I won’t tell a soul!”  

After the laughter settled down, they all sipped their smoothies. With the subject of Taeyang, Sunye asked, “Taeyang did a lot for you girls, huh?”
 

Sohee nodded, “He, …well, saved our lives.”

Sunye titled her head, “How so?”


“A few years ago,our parents wanted us to live with them in Japan. But we loved being in Korea, we detested the idea. Our closest friends were here. We tried to get ourselves out of it but thankfully, Taeyang persisted. He was allowed to stay in Korea because of Big bang and fought hard for us to stay as well. He promised them that he will take care of us no matter what….”


“What’s his relationship with your parents?”
 

“Urm…Our parents..” Sohee started but looked at Bom. “Back then, our mother was a mess and our father..well..”

“Was an alcoholic.” Bom stated, “ He use to beat..our mother.”

Surprised, Sunye said, “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Its okay, they are now divorced. Our biological father never got along with Taeyang-Oppa…they often fight and sometimes…urm.” Sohee stopped, trying not to say anymore but Bom continued on.

“He beats us when Taeyang is not there. “ Bom said which Sunye gasped.

“When we were little, we were always dependent on him no matter what. Our mother would make us stay with him because if he wasn’t, our father would beat us along with our mother.” Sohee explained.

“Our mother trusts us with Taeyang.” Bom said as she smiled, “As of right now, our mother is happily married with our stepfather, he’s from Korea but is a CEO at a grand company in Japan.”

Sohee nodded, “But with the accident, if our parents find out about the accident they would surely take us back. And Taeyang hates being separated from us…”
 


With that said, Sunye nodded understanding the situation “Ah..I see…”

~~~

Stopping his car, Seunghyun reached for his seat belt to get out of the car. Yoobin followed as she looked around her surroundings with a slightly confused face. “We’re…at a elementary school?”

Seunghyun grinned, “Don’t tell me you forgot about my other family member?...I had to pick up Evia as well, you know.”

Oh yeah…his little sister.  Yoobin thought.

“Come on.” He said as they entered in the school.

The building was nice and opened as it had pictures of children’s drawings all over the walls. Walking down the hallways, Yoobin touched one of the art pieces which was what looked like a rainbow made out of noodles. The sounds of the place is also lively as she heard children’s laughter from the hallways which made the atmosphere comfortable and safe.

“Ever been to an elementary school?” Seunghyun asked Yoobin who was still examining the children’s art on the walls.

“I have.” She merely said, looking at him. “These ‘art-works’ are…interesting”

“Heh. I see..” Seunghyun said, “Come on. She’s in this room.”

Yoobin followed and as they opened the door, a little girl ran straight for Seunghyun, hugging his leg for dear life. “OOUUUFF!” he yelled.

“OOOOOOPPPPPPPAAAAAA!!!!” Evia cried out. “Why you take soooo looooooooooooooong?!”

She made a small frown as if she was going to cry, “I thought you almost forgot about meee!”

“Yah, Yah!” Seunghyun said, kneeling down to her level, “I had to pick up some paper work…and look who I bought with me.” he pointed his head towards his side which Yoobin froze.

“..Hi?” She said.

Evia face lit up and gasped, “Yuuuubbiii!!!” she reached up and hugged her  which surprised Yoobin.

Patting her shoulders a little awkwardly, Yoobin looked at Seunghyun, “Yuubii?”

He shrugged, “She can’t say things clearly sometimes….oh 6 year olds---OW!”  he said as Evia just kicked his leg, “OPPA! IM EIGHT!!”

Yoobin made a small smirk, “Oh. I like her already.”

 Now off to their next destination, they reached to a large company building. Yoobin, once again, looked around the building with Evia holding her hand—something she wasn’t used to.

“Where are we?” Yoobin asked.

As Seunghyun was about to answer, Evia jumped right on it, “We are at Yorrri’s work!” which made Seunghyun chuckle.

They took up an elevator to the 12th floor, as they got out, the whole area was busy with people. Most are photographers fixing their cameras and dress designers. But all of which are only handling ONE person.

Walking to the floor in the middle, everyone greeted them especially to Seunghyun as if they knew him. This was a little strange to Yoobin as she looked around.

“Yah. Noona!” Seunghyun yelled which made the whole floor quiet.

Yoobin slightly gulped and whispered, “The hecks wrong with you? They are busy.”

“Yeah. But they know who I am.” Seunghyun harshly whispered back.

“Seunghyun?”

They heard a voice call. Turning around, they saw Hyori wearing a dashing formal white dress. Her hair was curly but long and brown with little diamonds that sparkled in the lights. And her face had natural makeup as if she wasn’t wearing any, she had the modest yet most natural beauty.

“Yoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrri!!!!” Evia yelled as she ran toward Hyori who graciously picked her up and swung her around, “Awww there’s my little sweet cakes!” Giving her a hug and little kisses on her cheeks.

Seunghyun smiled and went towards them, “Yah. Yah. How long you gonna be here, Hyori?”

“Not till another hour. You know, you should keep your voice down! You nearly scared everyone here—even if they know you!” she scolded.

“Well…I needed to find you because, I bought her along,” Seunghyun said as he pointed to Yoobin who was actually standing shy behind him.

Yoobin simply nodded.”..Hello.” Looking at all three of them, she noticed they really are siblings, each of them have the same structure as Hyori and Evia have the same complexion with brown hair.

“Ah. Yoobin-shii! How are you?” Hyori said in delight.

“Good..”

Placing Evia down, Hyori reached towards her, “Nice to hear. It been a while hasn’t it? I should apologize in advance if my silly dongseng does anything strange to you.”

“Yah..Noona!” Seunghyun said

But Hyori laughed, “It’s true! Ain’t that right, Yoobin?”

Yoobin smirked, “Sure.”

“Hey, who side are you on? Who was the one that bought you here?”

“Now now!” Hyori said, “I gotta finish this shoot quickly. This is my first ever wedding pictures! Don’t I look great? Its like a dream come true!” Hyori started to spin around in her long white dress, “I even got a bouquet of flowers over there!”

Yoobin nodded, “It does look nice.”

“Oh..stop being so humble! I’ll see you three in a bit, Thanks for bringing Evia and of couse, Yoobin here!” Hyori said as she quickly place a small kiss on Evia’s cheeks and Seunghyun but tapped his cheek which made him winch, “Ow!”

“That’s for making sure you behave , mister!” Hyori said.

“Okay! I got it, Noona!”

As Hyori walked away, Seunghyun rubbed his cheek, “What is with everyone hitting me today?”

Yoobin made a grin, it was honestly funny to see his family act that way. It was something that long ago, she felt that close bond.

*beep beep.

“Is that your text?” Seunghyun asked which got Yoobin out of trance.

Taking out her phone, Yoobin said, “Yeah..its mine.”

The text read:
 

BABY GIRL! Where are you? do you happen to know what happen to Seunghyun? We were thinking…we want to test out his skills…

-Tae.

Smirking, Yoobin looked up at Seunghyun, “You busy tonight?”

 

~~~

Jiyong frowned and threw Seunghyun a mixed tape. “Here.”

Catching it, Seunghyun examined the tape and looked at him. They were at a grand studio at their company’s building. Yoobin was surely surprised that instead of their VIP room in the club, they go here. In a building of 10 floors, each equipped with the dance floors, eating rooms, resting rooms and of course, studio all in each floor that caters to whoever works with the company.

When Taeyang texted for Yoobin’s help, she made Seunghyun go with her as they left Hyori’s workplace. While Yoobin went with Taeyang for a tour, she purposely left Seunghyun and Jiyong together.

“Listen to the mix and make a rap. You got 30 minutes!”

Seunghyun looked at him, “You kidding?”

“You think I’m kidding? YAH. Do what I say! Since I am the leader and the first rapper here, I’m testing you’re skills. Pick up the beat and make a rap!”

“Then what happens?” Seunghyun asked.

Jiyong smirked, “Then you’ll see what will be next.” He said as he left the door, leaving Seunghyun to be alone.

 

“So..you guys are a part of Soul company?”

Taeyang nooded, “That’s correct. The manager wanted a name where music comes from and to us, as singers or rappers, music comes from the soul.”

“Heh, fancy.” Yoobin said as they walked down the corridor.

Stopping next to her, Taeyang reached for her arm, “Hey..Baby girl.”

“hrm?”

He sighed, “Why..don’t you consider being a part of Big---“

“No.”

Taeyang frowned, “But—“

“Tae, please. Me in Big Bang? I respect that you asked but it’s not for me. I..don’t need to be out in the open, exposed to the world.”

He nodded, “ I understand. But you make a hell of a show.”

Yoobin playfully hit his chest. “Yah. I do what I want…So..what have you been doing?”

“Me?..Actually, I got promoted to do a solo.” Taeyang said softly.

Yoobin turned to him, “Really?”

“…Yeah. Well, I won’t, obviously leave the group. But you know, just working on it. Manager-hyung thought it might be a good idea since we are gonna have a new rapper to boost our popularity.”

“You all really depend on this one manager..huh”

Taeyang nodded, “Sure do.”

Just in front of them they heard a door shut and saw Jiyong walking out of it, “Ji!” Yoobin said.

“Oh. Noona!”

“What are you doing to him?” she asked as if she was asking that he killed him.

Jiyong slightly chuckled, “Only asked him to make a rap in 30 minutes from our old music takes.”

“So…you guys are testing him.”

“It’s the only way…” Taeyang said, “How long it’s been?”

“About 20 minutes now. I haven’t checked up on him. He’s actually on the top floor, we should check on him.”

As they reached to the 10th floor, they saw two familiar figures placing their ears on the door. No doubt about it was Daesung and Seungri.

Walking behind them, Yoobin kicked them lightly on their behinds, “Yah. What are you doing—“

“SHHH!!” Seungri hushed, “Noona, he’s …rapping!”

Curiously, all six of them placed their ears closely on the door and no doubt about it, they were able to hear Seunghyun husky voice with high beats from Big Bang’s music. It was..impressive. But Jiyong grew irritated and burst the door open.

“Yah, you can stop now!”

Seunghyun turned around and turned off the stereo, “Did you like it?” he smirked.

Jiyong glared and as he was about to say something, Taeyang interrupted, “We will discuss this.” He said meaning that him and the rest of the members and Yoobin will talk among themselves leaving Seunghyun alone once again.

“He’s in.” Taeyang said.

“W-What?!”

“I said. He’s in…” Taeyang turned to look at Jiyong, “We need another rapper. And for sure as hell, Baby girl here, doesn’t want to.”

“B-But!”

“Let it go, Ji.” Yoobin stepped in from the side door. She folded her arms and sighed, “ Seunghyun should be the next one…”

Serungri smiled, “Yup! Noona said he was pretty good and remember the solo he did at the show? He nearly killed it! But~ not as me, of cours—ow!”

“Anyways…I agree. He’ll do good  in our group.” Daesung said after giving Seungri a whack on the head, “Manager-Hyung even wanted him to.”

“But you guys don’t understand…”

“That we don’t understand what?..” Yoobin said in a serious tone and inhaled a breath, “Normally I don’t say this but..he’s not that bad of a guy either. You just gonna get to know him.”

Jiyoung frowned, knowing that if Yoobin agreed and the rest as well, he can’t have much to say about it.

 “Oh, alright..”

Going back into the room, Taeyang gave him a grin, “…Welcome.”

Confused, Seunghyun stood up from his chair, “So?...I’m in?”

“Unfortunately.” Jiyong muttered under his breath, but Yoobin nudged him.

Seunghyun’s eyes lit up, almost in pure happiness. He was glad, working so hard and finally being a part of something huge was a dream.

“But…” Taeyang started until the door opened.

“Finally. Did I hear you got one?”

“Shin!” Daesung said.

Shin came in the door with a big grin as Seunghyun gasped, “Y-you!”

“You know him?” Seungri asked.

Seunghyun slightly nodded, “He…”

“I was the one that helped him preformed that one night…or let’s say I told him to go after the performance to come and talk to you guys instead of knocking out some of the bouncers…” Shin said as Seunghyun slightly turned away since he did made a mistake.

“I can’t keep my emotions intact sometimes.” Seunghyun said.

But Shin  smiled, “But it looks like you finally did what you were destined for, Seunghyun.”

Yoobin jumped in, “So..for the pass three days?”

“Well…the pass three days, I have been working with Shin with my rapping skills.”

“Or rather gotten people to help him…” Shin said, “I don’t do any type of singing or rapping. Only what my Boss –or their manager says, I do.”

Surprised, Seunghyun said, “So that means..Hyung who is my mentor is…”

“Our Manager.” Jiyong said.

Everyone grew silent. Seunghyun’s mentor, the one whose been guiding him to Korea was Big Bang’s manager the whole time—it was a little too much for him to handle.

“That’s correct, Seunghyun.” Said Shin.

Balling his fist, “Why didn’t you tell me about it?” Seunghyun said, growing a little angry.

“He wanted you to learn. Someone can guide you there but once you are there, you have to reach for it yourself.” Shin said, crossing his arms. “He said it was the best.”

“What a minute…who is your manager, or Hyung?” Asked Yoobin. This was getting a little too confusing for her.

 

“….That would be  me.” Said a voice as everyone turned around, they gasped as Yoobin’s eyes widen.

 

 

In a soft whisper that barely anyone can hear…

 

 

“…Teddy Park.”