Chapter 1

It's Okay to be Alone.

Hello, All. I am a new author at this. but you can find me at Soompi as well. (same username)

Please enjoy this story.

Thank you.

----

Chapter 01


“It’s okay Yoobin, It’s okay to be alone.”
Yoobin opened her eyes slowly. The sun shine brightly through her window causing her to squint

“Dammnit.” She cursed in English

She slowly got up and placed her hand over her heart and took a deep breath.

It’s the same dream again..after almost a decade..it’s still hunting me

Yoobin sighed, “This is a new start. I just gotta move on..” pressing her fingers against her temple, hoping that maybe tonight will be another night.

She got out of her room, dressed, wearing skinny dark blue jeans, clean white sneakers, a white graphic design Tshirt with a black cardigan.

Yoobin hesitated as she looked in the mirror putting on her two diamond studs on.

“I guess I look decent..”

Growing up most of her life in L.A, she was used to the city life and hip hop style. Yoobin, now 22, is transferring to a Private University of Seoul, She was born in Korea but moved to the States after the age of 10.
Grabbing her big tote bag, Yoobin walked down the hallway and turned to a room on her left. Quietly opening the door, she walked in.

This is the only room where she kept everything hidden from the world, her own place .

Standing of what was in front of her she whispered, “Hope you will see me off. I pray for the best today…”

Slience.

She had nothing else to say. What was there to say in front of something of your own personal masterpiece?

“it took me… a long time a real long time to make this change and.. to make it this far.. -

Knock knock!

She grinned, well..that was nice timing.

Yoobin bowed down, “ See you later..Everyone …”

Ding Dong, Knock Knock*

She shook her head, “Alright!, hold up!”

Hurrying to the door, Yoobin was greeted by a familiar friend wearing a causal red & white track jacket with a matching hat titled on his head.

“HEY! Good morning, baby girl!” said TaeYang.

Tae Yang, also the same age with Yoobin. They have been neighbors ever since they were both born. But when Yoobin had to move, they were lucky to still keep in touch

Taeyang put his arms around her for a tight hug, leaned down and kissed her forehead

“Yaah, okay okay andd good morning to you Tae,” Yoobin said being embarrassed, trying to push him off.

Taeyang laughed, “ its been way too long, why can’t I be like that to my favorite girl in the whooole wide world?

Huuuh?” putting his forehead close to hers.

Yoobin looked up at his face and smirked, “Favorite? What are you--




“YAH!, stop trying to take Unnie away! OOOOPPPPPPA!”


Huh?

Both of them turned around.

Standing there with her hands on her hips stood a puffing Sohee, wearing a mid-knee skirt and blouse.

Beside her was a taller girl, wearing simple jeans and plaid collar shirt. She tilted her head sideways and smiled brightly was Bom, waving towards them.

“Huh? What are you talkin-.. Taeyang started to say as he turned around

“HI! UNNIE!” both of them ran to Yoobin, clearly ignoring Taeyang to give her a bear hug, or you can just imagine,
Sohee doing more of the bear hug.

“UUMPF, good morning Sohee, Bom,” chucking Yoobin.

“hey hey! I wasn't stealing her, you guys are the ones trying to kill her!” exclamied Taeyang

“Noo noo, you are also the one ALLL over her, OPPA!” exclaimed Sohee and beside her Bomi, nodded.

“yahh.aiishh.,Not you too, Bom!”

Slightly grinning and amused, Yoobin couldn't help but stood by Bom and chuckled.
These three siblings are fun to be with. Taeyang being the oldest, Bom the middle and Sohee the youngest. Its true that the oldest and youngest the ones to fight right? Well the only thing they are fighting for is mainly...Yoobin.

As Taeyang and Sohee were glaring at each other, Yoobin knew she should stop the fuse as usual,“Okay, okay, no one is stealing or going all over no one. I'm here and free okay? We should all be going soon.”
They both turned and smiled real big, “Yes! Baby girl/Unnie!” they said in unison.

Bom turned to Yoobin and quietly said,” I hope you haven't eaten breakfast yet, Yoobin.”

“Oh yeah, I haven’t eaten yet, you guys came over way too early.”
“That’s why Oppa is going to treat us for some breakfast!” cried out Sohee.
“what? Who said?”
“YOU!”
“Me?” Taeyang pointed to himself
“Now you did! Race you to the car Bom!” Sohee said running away to the car as Bom laughed trotting behind her.

Taeyang sighed and nodded his head, “ Uragh..These girls..”

Yoobin came around, facing him and fixed his hat slightly titling it more to the side

“It’s good to have them around. I miss them a lot.” Yoobin said as she gently punched his chest.
Taeyang took her hand that she pushed him with and said “AND I miss you girrrl. You got a lot of telling me to do when we get to the café.” He chuckled as he lightly kissed her knuckles which Yoobin stubbornly took her hand out of his grip to give him a light smack on the forehead.



….
“You’re such a tease, Tae”
Ouch
---

While driving inside Taeyang’s car, both of his sister sat in the back while Yoobin sat in the front. A song was playing on the radio.
Big Bang-Always

Oooh, yeahhh~
Calling you on the phone
Whenever you be at home
Ohhh...
(get it)

Geu cheos-nar neo-wa na
Nun-eur tter su-ga eobs-eoss-ji
(se-sang-i meom-chun geos gat-i
Sa-rang-e seo-tun geos gat-i)
Eo-saeg-han pyo-jeong-jo-cha
Mo-deun-ge mam-e deun neo-e gyeot-e
(chin-gu-ga doe-gi-reur ba-rae
Yeon-in-i doe-ju-reur ba-rae)


“Oh, so this is the new song that people have been raving about…good job Tae.” Yoobin said praising his solo.
“Yeah, you like it? Good thing, we worked hard on it...I’m glad it came through tho’.” He smiled.

Taeyang and three other members, form an all hip-hop/rap group name BIG BANG. They became popular all over Korea, Japan and almost to the U.S since they had debuted recently. But for now, all of them attend the same university to boost up their skills in singing and of course, their education which they miss during their training.

“Yeah its good. Hrm... I wonder how the kids are doing…they weren’t at home”

“I bet everyone is excited to see you, Unnie. It’s been a while since I’ve seen them! Even last summer, Oppa was too mean to let me go watch them practice and even see them perform.” said Sohee.

“What? I DO let you watch us!”

“Yeah! Only on T. V! right, Bom?”

Bom nodded quickly “yes yes.”

“Hey, I didn’t want the guys getting distracted from you…”
“The boys getting distracted or you are just worried that they might get into any mishaps?” interrupted Yoobin.
“Yah, whose side are you on Baby girl?”
“Nothing..I’m just asking.” smirked Yoobin,

SoHee laughed, “ Looks like Yoobin Unnie got Oppa good!”

Just then during the song, GD rap was coming on.

Yo man-nam he-eo-jim i-byeor gong-sig
Neo-wa he-yeo-jir si-gan or-ji uh huh
Nu-gu-do mor-ra ha-ji-man nan dar-ra
Yeo-neu-ttae-wa gat-a neon na-man-tta-ra-wa



“OH. Its GD’s part!” Exclaimed Sohee, mouthing some of his lines.
Bom smiled and nudged Sohee, “Looks like we got a number one fan…”

“Heey!” Sohee blushed. She looked if TaeYang or Yoobin paid attention and apparently they did not.
“Shh Bom!” placing her index finger on her lips.
Chuckling, Bom did a motion of zipping her lips.

Mwon-mar-i geu-ri pir-yo-han-ji
Dur-ui sa-rang-i-myeon chung-bun-ha-ji
Jeo pu-reun ba-da
Tteu-geo-un haes-sar-gwa
Nae-pum-e gi-daen neo that's sweet


After hearing his last line, Yoobin was pleased, “That’s Ji-Boy alright…”

Taeyang scoffed, “ Yeah, I feel like something’s missing tho...at least in the beginning of his lines, seems like we might need another rapper”


He winked at Yoobin

“Ptsh.. whatever Tae.” Yoobin ignored him as she pressed the button to put the window down, letting the cool morning air blow her hair

When they were little, Yoobin often rescued Taeyang from crazy 5 year old girls. They both would run to Taeyang’s dad’s shed where his old drum set and piano was hidden. Knowing that they had no experience, they played around but eventually they made some beat and rhythm. Taeyang began to hum but later on he began to sing with words he thought of. Yoobin on the other hand started to spit simple rhyming word that matched with Taeyang’s song in a high beat fashion.

Overall, they made quite a team. But because of Yoobin moving to the states, Taeyang had close friendship with Jiyong who later got Daesung and Seungri thus form a group; Big bang
Reaching to a stop, they reached to a place called Sky café. It is a café that specializes in their coffee, teas and other goodies.

Since they were early, Taeyang and Yoobin sat outside waiting for Bom and Sohee to get their orders, using Taeyang’s money of course.

“Geez, those girls are killing me..my wallet is almost bare” Taeyang said sadly.

“At least you are being a GOOD oppa.”

Taeyang laughed, “Hey, I was always the best!”

Yoobin rolled her eyes. She always knew that ever since Sohee was born, Taeyang had the duty of taking care of his two sisters. Basically his “brother” instinct kicks in becoming a little too overly OVER protected.

“But Anyways,” Taeyang started

Yoobin thought oh no here it come..

“Tell me what’s been happening with you, baby girl? It’s like a miracle out of nowhere that you called me for the first time in like years saying that you are moving in like, YESTERDAY! I was so worried Somehow only Bom told me what was happening. AND you should have called me to pick you up from the airport! We live like RIGHT NEXT DOOR!”

Taeyang stopped for a brief second before blasting another one at her.

“Annd. How come you NEVER call, email,text, or even write a letter saying HI. You know everyone’s been wondering where you were all these times. I even had to ask my parents, who are in Japan, to get your contacts, EVEN THEY DON’T KNOW!..aisshh..

He took a deep breath and leaned back in his chair.

“You better be happy that I’m not overly mad at you, baby girl.” Taeyang sighed.
Yoobin smirked, being amused, “Hopefully you are overly done Tae.”

He frowned

“Okay okay. It’s just that things got complicated back in L.A. when I first moved there, it took me a while to get adjusted. The food, the culture, the people.. I’ve lived through it and being in Korea is where I needed to be..”

Yoobin began to fidget with a napkin she was holding on her lap.
Her eyes looked away to the busy streets where people busily going to their destination. She just didn’t want to say anything just live on her live peacefully in Korea and that’s it.

“It’s just..There are a lot of memories here that can’t be forgotten…probably that’s why I came here last minute.”

And in a soft yet barely a whisper “….Alone”

Taeyang looked at her with caring eyes, “ …hey. I’m sorry that I over reacted. I should-

“Here we are!! YUMMY Muffins and Doooonutts!” yelled Sohee as she was running out of the door
And Silly mandu killed everything….again thought Taeyang

Bom tilted her head, “what’s wrong Yoobin Unnie?”

Also feeling tension in the air, Sohee pointed at Taeyang, “Yah OPPA!. What did you do?!”

“Heey, I didn’t do anything !”
“Yeah right!, Nothing for you!”
“What?! That was my money!”
“It was mine… you gave it to me!”
“Gave it to you? You TOOK it!”

As they were bickering again, Bom took out a bagel with cream cheese and salmon (YUM!), “Here, Yoobin.”

“Thanks Bom..Do I really look that Out of it?” taking the bagel and began to take a bite of it.

“Hrm. Not really. I guess I just said that so I could finally talk to you.” Giggled Bom. “ Did you and Oppa have a talk?”

“oh sneaky Bom.,..hrm? Talk? Just catching up….now what’s up with you B-o-M?” Yoobin asked, giving her the questioning look.

“Oh, uh..the same old same old … Y’know…”

“hrm?”

“I’m glad you’re back …” Bom smiled.

“. I’m glad I’m back too. Seeing all you guys again.” Yoobin answered as they both watched Sohee grabbing Taeyang’s arm to prevent him from eating a donut.

“YAH! That’s the last strawberry filled jelly sugar donut!”

“Too late, you just ate one! Get off me, ‘HEE!”

“That was a different one, I was saving that one…ugh, whatever~ I want it!”

Reaching over, Yoobin took the donut out of Taeyang’s hand and took a bite.

“Oh hey it is good. How come I didn’t get this?”

“AH…oh man. Baby girl!” Taeyang frowned.

“Unniiiee!.” Sohee pouted

Finally, 2 points to Yoobin and still Zero points to TaeHee.

Bom began to laugh, “ At least they stopped fighting, we should really get going now. Class is going to start.”

They all agreed and left the café to go to the University. Sohee is 3 years younger than Tae yang, 2 year younger than Bom. Often times, they both hung out with each other on the other side of the school, while Big Bang stayed in the middle of campus.

As the group were walking they stopped in front of the clock tower

“.. so this is the school,” Yoobin said as she looked around the campus wonder if I get lost..
“Yup, the one and only! Best for Music and Fashion whoohoo.” Smiled Taeyang as he put his arm around Yoobin.
“Alright, well you better get going then Tae,” taking his arm off her shoulders “or you are gonna be late, if not then the crazy fan girls are coming after you again like many years ago.”

“Oh come on, you know those girls can’t keep their hands off me. But if they see you then they probably back off.”
“Yah, Stop it you. I think for now we should keep it low. I know there are crazier ones out there and would kill me they knew that you had your arm around me and call me Baby girl. I’m a big girl now.”
“Oh come on! I always call you baby girl! You were such a Tomboy back then, I needed to separate you from them somehow.” He laughed

“oh please.. Tae”

“Alright, Alright. I guess Bom and Sohee lead you the way then before I go to the guys.” Taeyang said as he glanced at his sisters

“Oh we can take care of Yoobin. You should go Oppa.” Said Bom

“Alright then,…. and Sohee YOU BEHAVE!” Taeyang pointed at Sohee.

“Bah, yess sirrr-e.” Sohee replied sticking her tongue out.

“Hey.” Taeyang poked the area between her eyes.

“Ow!”

Taeyang laughed and went to Yoobin giving her a kiss on the forehead “Later, Baby girl.”

“Alright, see you later..” Yoobin turned Taeyang around pushing him in the other direction

He walked and waved behind him

“Geez, just when I said that I’m a big girl, he still calls me Baby girl.” Frown Yoobin.

“Oppa is just werid, I’m going to hit him if I get a bruise on my forehead.” Complained Sohee as she rubbed her hand on her face.

Bom looked at Sohee’s head, “ Omo! You do!”

“AH where?!” Sohee puts both of her hands on her forehead. “what if he sees it?!”

“eh? See who..?” Yoobin asked raising an eyebrow

“Ji-Yon-oooof” Bom said but Sohee covered .

“Heey! BOM!” Sohee exclaimed.

Yoobin chuckled, “It’s alright Sohee, I know about it..Bom kinda told me about how you two are secretly seeing each other.”

She sighed almost relived that she didn’t want to hold a secret from Yoobin, “Yeah, I just wished that Oppa agrees with it. The only reason why he keeps us away from his practices is because something bad might happens to us…”
“Is that the only reason? I find it strange for him to do that”

“urm..There...”

Bom looked at Sohee as if she was asking for permission to continue, Sohee nodded.

“An accident happened about a couple of years ago..He got really upset knowing that Sohee gotten hurt and since the rest of the members were involved, he prevented them from seeing each other, even me..”

“So, what do the boys do about it?” Yoobin asked.

Sohee shrugged, “I believed they didn’t do anything. No one talks about it anymore but I have a feeling that deep down Oppa sometimes despises Jiyong.”

“He gave everyone a silent treatment for about 3 months” Bom added.

Yoobin nodded understanding the situation, “It should be alright, Sohee..I’m sure one of these days, Tae would turn around. He’s stubborn you know? Gotta hit him in the head or somthin’”

“Literally” Sohee sighed as she crossed her arms.

Bom gasped “Oh, you shouldn’t say that about Oppa!”
---
Taeyang sneezed, “ Dang, whose talking about me already? I bet its one of them hot chicks from the official Tae Tae girl’s fan club..booy I know they can’t keep their eyes off me AND their mouths off me! If you know what I meeaan..” he laughed boastfully.

As he was walking down the court he passed by a girl who was dressed fashionably, with long layered hair and short bangs. She sat quietly on the bench reading a book.

Sensing that someone was walking by with a familiar scent, she looked up “Oh Taeyang sunbae!”

Taeyang turned around, hearing a familiar voice and flashed a big smile



“Hey Sunye!”





Yoobin asked, “And so, after those 3 months, how did he manage to break?”

Bom and Sohee looked at each other

“We’re…We’re actually not sure.” Bom said slightly unsure.

“Oppa just started to speak to us like nothing ever happened…like he was never mad.” Sohee announced.




Tae walked to Sunye and lifted his arm to give her a side hug.

“How are you?”

Sunye smiled, “I’m doing well!” She glanced around, “Oh, your sisters aren’t here with you today, sunbae?”

“Yeah. Actually Yoobin is back in Korea! They are with her to show her around before class starts”

Surprised, Sunye said “Oh? Shes really back?”

Then she glared at him, truly not believing him

“ You aren’t lying right sunbae?!”

Sunye is Yoobin’s second best friend besides Taeyang. She was introduced to Yoobin from Taeyang first and from there another friendship is formed. Between the three of them, Sunye often showed Yoobin how to become less tomboy and more well,..girl.

“No no really! If you get a chance, you might bump in to her.”

“Ptsh, sure. The last time you said that JYP was on campus. I totally fell for it! I was so anxious that I might bump into him, I even failed my math test!”

Taeyang started to laugh, “ Oh yeah, I remember! You couldn’t even eat!”

Recalling that memory, Sunye grew red, “ Ah Sunbae! Stop! You know after that incident, I never going to believe you!”

“Oh, Come on! This time, trust me!” Taeyang said trying to cover his laugh with his hand.

“Ptssh. Whatever Sunbae!” Sunye walked away

“Yah, you gotta stop calling me Sunbae, we are the same age you know?!” Taeyang started to run after her, “ AND You’re making me feel old…yah!, we ALSO have the same vocal class! HEY!”