Chapter 9

I Met My Lover On A Site [MULTI-CHAPTER]

 

The sun was bright outside and it seemed like the perfect day. As Kris walked along the streets, he knew he was getting that much closer to the café, and that’s when his heart started beating nervously. Of course he was nervous, who wouldn’t be? What if he wasn’t what Tao was expecting? What if he was uglier… fatter or even taller than Tao expected. Would he get rejected? All Kris knew was that he certainly didn’t want to get rejected at all.

His brown hair shimmered in the light and he could feel himself starting to heat up immensely when the café came into his view. A nervous smile was placed on his lips as he shoved his shaking hands into his pockets as he walked towards it. He didn’t want to look around – he didn’t know what he’d do if he saw Tao so suddenly. In a part of him, he wanted the other to stand him up. As he came directly to the entrance of the outside seats, he took a deep breath closing his eyes for a second.

“Kris!”

His heart froze. He knew that voice – it was Tao’s. Kris immediately looked up and his breath stopped short as he noticed that the mysterious boy was directly in front of him, smiling nervously back at him. At least he wasn’t the only one completely about to break down.

“Hey.” That was all he thought about saying. God, why didn’t he rehearse even one line?! Tao smiled up at him, and then there was a sudden silence all around. None of them knew what to say to the other. I mean, they had never met before, and they knew each other from a site. What was there to say?

“You’re a lot taller than I thought you’d be.” Tao commented happily. Kris’s heart downed. So he was disappointing. “That’s a good thing.” Tao input as he saw the dishevelled look on Kris’s face. The taller boy chuckled nervously.

“Uh, thanks.” Okay Kris. Gotta come out of your shy shell. If you don’t, you’ll never get another chance like this. “Wanna go in?” he asked out of the blue, and watched as tao nodded in agreement.

As they entered the café, both took a seat at a table near the back, one that was secluded so that they were able to talk a lot more privately. They sat across from each other, aimlessly looking at the small menu, deciding what they wanted.

A waitress then came up to them, ponytail high in the air and face caked in make-up, and started to ask them, well Kris what he wanted. The taller knew that he was getting hit on, and a spark ran through him – how would Tao react to this? He really wanted to see.

“What would you like, Sir?” she batted her eyelashes and leaned over the table a little, staring directly into Kris’s chocolate orbs. The Chinese man coughed and glanced up at Tao before he spoke.

“Coffee please, and a chicken sandwich.” He said, looking back up at her with a small smirk on his face. She giggled a little and nodded.

“Whatever you want.” She replied, winking at him before she turned to Tao. “And you?”

Tao scoffed a little before he ordered. Kris laughed silently at his reaction. He was definitely jealous – but of who?

“Coke and a slice of cheesecake.” His voice sounded stern. The waitress just jotted down the order and walked away – but not before winking at the taller one again with a smirk on her face. As she left them alone, Tao folded his arms. Kris chuckled silently again.

“Are you alright Tao?” he wondered, but he knew the other was just suffering from a case of jealousy. The other replied slowly.

“Of… course.” The blonde shrugged.

“Fair enough.” He went back to examining whatever was on the table, before Tao interrupted him.

“So, did you have a nice trip over here?” he asked. Kris smiled.

“Well… it was very nerve-wracking to say the least.” He admitted, for some reason, he wanted Tao and his relationship to be completely open – about everything.

“Mine too. I was so worried.” The other confessed, cheeks going a bit red. Kris had never thought Tao would be shy.

“Worried? About what?” Kris asked.

“Just about meeting you. Wondering if You would be what i thought You'd be.”

Kris waited. Was he what Tao thought he would be – he sure hoped so. Cause Tao was everything Kris thought he’d be.

“And god damn, you were.”

Kris’s face lit up, but he tried to contain his excitement. But that didn’t mean he wasn’t allowed to smile.

“Ah, I’m glad about that.” Kris nervously scratched his head. Before he could reply in a more proper way, the ty waitress came back with their food.

“Coffee and a chicken sandwich for you.” She said, leaning down, making sure her s were practically out of her top and in Kris’s face. The taller could hardly hold in his laughter at this. She then moved over and put Tao’s food down without saying a word. “Any problems, call me.” She winked and walked away, swaying her .

“Such a .” Tao commented, glowering after her. Kris laughed. “What are you laughing at?” he asked. The blonde replied.

“To be honest, you.” Again, he was laughing at Tao – he was adorable when he’s jealous.

“Why?” Tao looked a bit hurt.

“You’re jealous. But of who, I’m not sure. Although, I hope it’s her, because she doesn’t look like your type.” He explained, trying to lighten the situation up a little. He watched Tao grow more nervous.

“I-I’m not jealous…” he tried to say, but the taller could only laugh at his cuteness.

“Ah, you were jealous at how close she was to me? Don’t worry, I’m only here for you at the moment.”

He hoped that didn’t sound as corny and cheesy as he thought it had in his head. Tao’s face lit up.

“Aha… well that’s good then.” And quickly, he took a bit out of his cheesecake. Kris watched in amusement. After Tao had placed the slice of cheesecake down, he didn’t realise that he had a line of cream on his lip. God, this sounded like a bad original Korean drama. And did Kris mind? Hell no. Was he confident enough to go and ‘clean’ it up himself? Hell yes.

So the older moved out of his seat, watching Tao grow worried, and walked over to him, kneeling down just beside of him and slowly put his hand at the back of Tao’s neck, bringing his face closer. Kris could feel his heart speed up rapidly as he neared the other’s frightened face. Then, he stuck out his pink tongue and softly away the cream, he was careful enough so that it wouldn’t be classed as their first kiss, but still made the other feel great. He backed away, his own lips now, loving the creamy taste as he sat back down in his own chair, waiting for Tao’s reaction.

The other just sat there frozen for a couple of minutes, probably trying to wonder what the hell just happened to him. Then he done something unexpected. Kris watched as the younger stood up and immediately walked away from the table (thankfully) only aiming for the bathroom.

The blonde still sat there dumbfounded. Maybe it was the wrong timing? Was he progressing too fast for Tao? Of course, he couldn’t help it. All day and night Tao was on his mind, whether he’d be looking at his precious ring or cuddling into Taoris, he’d be there. And if the chance came up that he could touch him just that little bit intimately, then he was going to take it. He just hoped that the younger realised even a little bit of this.

It took about five minutes of nibbling slowly at his sandwich and drinking some of the coffee until his mysterious friend finally emerged from the bathroom. Kris watched as Tao took his seat again, and quickly drunk all of his coke in one go.

“…Are you okay?” he asked worriedly, wanting to know why the other suddenly left him there all alone. Tao looked up at him and smiled. Kris calmed down a little.

“Of course. Uh, sorry about that. It was just a bit… sudden. Didn’t know how to handle it.” At least Tao was being honest with him.

“I’m sorry… I don’t know what came over me.” Kris said, looking away from Tao for a moment. He heard the other chuckle.

“Don’t be, I liked it. But next time, tell me when you’re going to do something like that, right?”

“…Why?” Kris asked. Wasn’t the first kiss or so supposed to be a surprise to one or the other? And it’d be wrong to just outright ask him for one.

“Because, I want to catch it on camera.”

Kris chocked a little.

“…You want that to be our first picture?” he asked. It wasn’t the worst idea, he had to admit. Tao nodded aggressively.

“Of course!” he shouted a little, a bright smile covering his lips. Kris smiled back.

“Deal.”

They finished their lunch easily enough, small talk was really all the done, but they got to know each other better.

When they walked out of the café, Kris suddenly turned to Tao and spoke.

“You know… you do kind of look like a panda. I didn’t understand the nickname at first, but now I totally get it.” He explained, realising it was Tao’s eyes that were his dominant feature. The other replied.

“Yeah I know I do.” He said, but he sounded happy.

They walked on for a couple of streets further, before Kris felt the other’s hand softly wrap around his own. Normally, Kris would probably look at him in confusion, but he loved the way their hands felt connected, so he tightened his own grip around Tao’s hand and continued to walk on, a small smile covering his lips. He felt brilliant.

It was getting pretty late. The moon was about to come out, and Kris knew, he’d have to leave Tao soon. Of course he didn’t want to – he had the best time of his life with him, talking about random things and walking down the road gripping his hand – but he knew both of them would have to part soon enough. They stopped at a bus stop and turned to each other, their hands never separating, just tightening. Kris looked down into Tao’s eyes and smiled brightly.

“I had a great time today.” He answered, using his free hand to the panda’s cheek.

“Me too.” Was all he got in reply, but he didn’t mind.

“Well, Tao. I want to kiss you now.” Kris said. He surprised himself through this whole date. Acting so shy on camera, but then when he finally met Tao, it seemed all of his worries flew away and he was overcome with amazing confidence. Kris could see Tao blush a little.

“Um, right…” the other looked clueless. The blonde laughed.

“Didn’t you want to take a picture of it?”

“Oh right! Yeah…” he watched Tao scramble his pockets for his phone, a pretty advanced phone, and quickly put it in camera mode. Kris then began feeling nervous again. What if he wasn’t a good kisser? He didn’t want their first kiss to .

Tao bit his lip, and Kris thought it was freaking adorable. He let go of Tao’s hand, whimpering a little at the loss of heat, but then he put one hand on Tao’s left cheek and brought his own face closer. Tao looked up at him. Kris waited for Tao to raise the camera that was in his right hand. When he did, Kris smiled and lowered his lips onto the others.

The feeling, was absolutely amazing. Sparks flew through his body at an amazing speed, but he made sure not to advance it anymore. His eyes closed and he Tao’s cheek with his thumb while his other hand gripped softly onto Tao’s waist. He heard the sound of the camera going off. They separated and just stared.

“May I see the picture?” Kris asked, dying to see how it turned out. Tao only nodded and passed him his phone.

The picture was beautiful.

Both of the boy’s eyes were closed, and their lips seemed to fit perfectly together. Tao’s faced was angled upwards as Kris’s was the opposite. Their faces were so pale and gorgeous and it just looked amazing. Kris smiled brightly.

“It came out perfectly, don’t you think?” he turned the phone to Tao who just stared at it for a minute before replying.

“It did.” He replied smiling. Kris chuckled. He slipped the phone back into Tao’s pocket before wrapping his arms around Tao’s waist again, hugging him tightly.

“When do I get to see you again?” he wondered, definitely not wanting to wait a long time. Tao mumbled.

“I’ve got work tomorrow… but you can come see me if you want.” Tao explained. Kris nodded almost immediately – he was free tomorrow.

“Where do you work?” Kris asked, wondering if he knew the place.

“Music Ray. It’s a pretty hot club.” Tao admitted, looking up at Kris again. The blonde’s face scrunched up.

Why did he know that place? Why did it sound so familiar. Kris wasn’t one to go to clubs… but why did he know it?

“Okay, I’ll see you there tomorrow then.” He looked around and noticed his bus was there, waiting. Tao smiled and nodded.

“At 5 okay?” he said and the taller nodded. The hugged tightly before Kris embarked on the train.

“Bye.” He waved farewell as the bus left.

When he got home, he fell onto his bed exhausted. It was a great day.

But still, the club name sounded so familiar.

And then it hit him. That’s where Kai worked. Oh god, Kai knew Tao?!

Wait, maybe he didn’t.

Nope, he definitely did. This was going to make it so much worse when Kris appears tomorrow, cause he knows for a fact Kai is working tomorrow too.

Oh great, he wasn’t looking forward to it anymore at all. Well, maybe just a little. He couldn’t wait to see his panda again.