Chapter 19

I Met My Lover On A Site [MULTI-CHAPTER]

A/N: Yes okay, you can kick my for not updating in like a month or whatever. but i'm sorry, just not feeling up to it and i've got a lot of other stuff going on so please forgive me <3

 

 

His phone had started to ring again.

It had been for the past half an hour. But no, Kris was not picking it up.

Because it was ing 7am, and it was his day off.

No one, was going to get him to wake up at this time.

Just at that moment, voicemail came through, and Kris actually listened to whoever was trying to call him leaving a message.

 

‘Yifan, answer your damn phone! This is your mother, and if you do not pick up you’ll be in serious trouble!

Fine! I’ll just tell you through the phone. Your father and I are going to be at your house in about two hours, I know it’s early, but we are on the plane now.

Also, we are bringing your old friend, Sunhwa with us! She’s so excited to see you!

Maybe you’ll hit it off?

Anyway, be ready for our arrival.’

 

Kris’s eyes widened.

No.

No.

No.

NO.

Jumping out of his bed, he quickly ran over to his bathroom and switched the shower on. This was possibly the worst day of his life.

Just two days ago, he had gotten the first phone call from them, but he thought it was a hoax.

Then again, two days ago he had also received the best gift possible: Tao was now his boyfriend. Yet, he hadn’t seen him since then. Which wasn’t good. So today, naturally he was going to go and visit him at the club. Well scratch those plans.

Because apparently he has new ones.

Groaning again, he decided to try and get this meeting over and done with, as soon as possible.

It was now 9.30am, and Yifan did not appreciate being awake. Dammit! He was supposed to sleep in until 1pm! Zitao’s shift didn’t start until two anyway.

Just as he was about to move to get a glass of water, his door was opened rudely. Turning around, he didn’t even think about it being a robber or whatever. He knew exactly who it was.

Sighing, he moved over to the door where his parents stood. His father looked as grim as ever, and his mother still had the posh look on her face.

They didn’t say a word to him yet, instead, they inspected their surroundings, some looks of discomfort flashing over their faces, other expressions weren’t so bad.

Kris sighed and smiled at them.

“Hello parents.” Yifan spoke formally at first, and the two finally looked at him instead of his house.

“Good morning Yifan.” His mother spoke first, moving over to her only son to place her arms awkwardly on his shoulders – it was her way of hugging without too much physical contact. His father then stepped up to him after the woman was away, and held out his hand. Yifan took it, and gave a firm shake before releasing.

“It’s an alright house Yifan. But you could do better.” His father commented, moving back towards the door to where he previously stood.

“I like it. It’s warm and cosy.” The blonde fought back, smiling.

Both of his parents shared a worried look before his mother remembered something.

“Oh! Sunhwa! Get in here.” She said, and Kris tried not to let out an annoyed moan.

Sunhwa.

He hated that girl.

With a passion.

She was always followed him like she was attached to his , seriously. Always flirting with him, always beating off every other single partner he ever had. Damn, she was just annoying. Why did they even think about bringing her? Kris sighed and rolled his eyes as the girl herself entered his home.

“Krissy!!” she squealed, running full forward onto the tall blonde, wrapping her skinny arms around his neck as she giggled loudly into his ear. “I missed you so much! Did you miss me? Of course you missed me!” she shouted.

Kris had half a mind to drop her onto the floor, but he kept his hands by his side and didn’t say a word until she finally let him go.

Sunhwa looked over Kris and smirked.

“And you’re still damn y.” She whispered so that his parents didn’t catch it.

Kris rolled his eyes again and lightly pushed her away before focusing on his parents.

“So tell me again why you’re here.” He commented, moving behind them to shut the door before leading them through to his small living room. The three of them sat on the couch whilst he took the arm chair, and he waited for his parents to start to speak.

“Obviously, I want you to come back and get a proper education so that you’re able to take over the family company.” His father explained, stern features on his face, and he looked like he definitely wasn’t ready to take no for an answer.

Kris sighed as he had done so many times before when this conversation topic came up.

“Dad, no. I have my dream job already. And I’m getting through it pretty fine. I’ve been able to afford this place, I have a great car, and I’ve been able to get so many friends too. There’s nothing else I want.”

After his long speech, his parents and the girl just stared at him surprised.

“You can do so much better.” The older woman said, crossing her leg over the other.

“Yeah Kris, come back home.” Sunhwa entered her opinion too, and Yifan started to get a little annoyed.

“Why are you even here?” he asked, glowering at the girl.

“Don’t speak to her that way.” The older woman warned, pointing a finger at her son. Kris scoffed and crossed his leg before leaning back, ignoring his mother and continuing to stare at Sunhwa, waiting for an answer.

“I’m here to convince you even more to come back.” As she said this, she let her own hand rub against her bare leg in the skirt, smirking teasingly at the blonde, Kris wanted to laugh so bad at her horrendous flirting.

“You’re here because you think I’m so infatuated with you that I’ll come running home so that you can be my girlfriend?” he asked, in a surprisingly very happy voice.

The other three that were occupying his couch smiled at him, thinking that they had finally reeled him in – his mother was welling up the fact that it was her idea to bring the girl along with him.

Sunhwa grinned and clasped her hands together, nodding very excitedly.

Kris grinned at her before standing up and walking in front of her, bending down in one knee and taking her hands in his.

There was silence in the room, and a sufficient blush rose on Sunhwa’s cheeks as she stared at the gorgeous boy in front of her. The mother and father were watching with curiosity, the woman was actually close to celebrating already to how good this meeting has went so far.

“Sunhwa…” the boy whispered softly.

“Y-Yes?” she asked, her lips curled up into a sweet smile.

“…Will you…” he said slowly, moving closer to her.

Sunhwa felt that her heart was very close to beating out of her choice.

“Yes?” she asked, but she had a feeling she knew exactly what he was going to ask, and she could hardly wait to say yes to that question.

“Get out of here?” he asked, the smile gone from all of his features as he stood up and laughed at the expressions on everyone else’s faces. Ah, that felt so self-satisfying, especially seeing the surprised looks on their faces.

“What… What?!” Sunhwa stood up and shouted at him with all of her might.

“I already have someone.”

This time, even his parents had stood up in utter disbelief.

“Who?!” his mother asked almost immediately, demanding an answer.

His father stood silent.

“Actually, we just started dating a couple of days ago…” Kris confessed, smiling weakly at them until he heard Sunhwa scoff.

“I’m pretty sure she’s ugly, I’m so much better. Look, you deserve me!” she stomped her feet very immaturely.

“It’s obviously nothing serious if it’s only been a couple of days.” His mother input, folding her arms very carefully over her chest. Kris chuckled.

“No, that’s where you’re wrong.” He said, smirking.

His father continued just to stare.

“How am I wrong?” The old woman asked, moving even closer to her son.

“Because, it’s very serious, and I think I’m falling in love with him.” What he said surprised even himself, but he was glad he did, because otherwise he probably wouldn’t have admitted it so soon, and to admit it like this, well – that was the highlight of it all.

There was bare silence in the room once again, until his father finally spoke.

Him?” he gritted through his teeth, and Kris could hear the disgust through his voice. But for some reason, he really didn’t care what he thought.

“Yes, him. A boy. My boyfriend.” Kris explained, watching as the women in the house grew even more shocked.

“B-Boyfriend!?” Sunhwa shouted loudly, unbelieving what she had just heard.

“Now, let me clear this up for everyone. I have a boyfriend, meaning I do not like you Sunhwa, but, if you stop flirting with me, I’ll try and be friends with you. Mum, Dad, I will not take over the company because I am content with my job here, I have everything I need. Thank you for your support and advice. But really, I do not need it.”

After the long speech, his mother and father glanced at each other before turning around to the door and instantly heading out, not saying a single word in reply to their son, and Yifan was glad about that.

Sunhwa was still in her spot, looking blank.

“Sunhwa, you should go.” He muttered, folding his arms across his chest but he put on the softest voice he could gather up at the moment. She looked up at him and sighed.

As she walked to the front door, she suddenly stopped and turned to face him.

“Can I at least know the boy’s name that I’ve lost to?” she asked, and her voice sounded broken and sad.

Kris shrugged.

“Zitao.” He replied, and she only nodded before leaving the house and carefully shutting the door behind her.

Well, that could’ve gone much worse.

Kris sighed and stretched his arms above his head before scratching his hair a little. Time for a little nap again before he goes and visits his boyfriend.

The blonde reached the club he was now very familiar with, and walked in, immediately walking in the direction of the bar where he saw another two very familiar people each other’s face off. Sighing, he sat on one of the barstools and slammed his hand down on the bar, making a loud noise, forcing the two to jump away from each other.

“Kyungsoo, shouldn’t you be on the other side of the bar with me?” Kris asked, smirking at his own teasing before laughing when he noticed the doe-eyed boy was now blushing furiously.

“Uh… right.” The boy whispered before immediately climbing onto the bar and swinging his legs over the other side, taking the seat beside Kris.

“I hate you.” Kai mumbled to the blonde before turning away from him and fixing a drink.

“Hey Yifan.” Kyungsoo mumbled, finally calming his own body down as he turned to face the blonde with a smile. Kris nodded at him and looked around for his new boyfriend.

“Where’s Zitao?” he asked, looking around but not finding him anywhere. Glancing at his clock, it was already 2.25pm, so he should be on the job. Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders before leaning over the counter to poke his boyfriend in the back.

Jongin turned around with a scowl, but when he realised who wanted his attention he grinned like a maniac.

“Yes hunny?!” he shouted, moving over to the older quickly.

“Where’s Tao?” as those words left his mouth, Kai frowned and looked at Kris, answering the question at him instead.

“He’s round the back, unstocking stuff.”

Jongin and Kris held a long gaze before the younger finally spoke again.

“Fine, just don’t be in there too long.” He mumbled, pointing to the back door where Zitao was and he let Kris through.

Yifan walked through into the back room, hearing small sounds of rustling which he guessed had to be his boyfriend, and when he saw a tuff of black hair and a petite up in the air he knew that it was indeed Zitao.

Taking careful and quiet steps, he sneaked over to the boy who was now standing up inspecting a bottle of alcohol in his hands, and he quickly wrapped his arms around the boy’s waist, chuckling as the bartender let out a small squeak of surprise, but thankfully didn’t drop the bottle in his hands.

When he turned his head, his eyes widened when he noticed who it was hugging him from behind.

“K-Kris!” he shouted a little, and the blonde grinned at him.

“What are you doing hiding all the way back here?” the older asked, letting the other go so he was able to turn around and face him.

Zitao’s face was red, and Kris chuckled as he thought back to how confident the younger was when they were first on webcam together – they are like polar opposites now.

“Stocking up.” Was all the other said in a seemingly quiet voice.

“Are you going to continue hiding here?” Kris asked, but the other only looked at him rather confused.

“I need to work Kris.”

The blonde chuckled before moving closer to the younger and wrapping his arms around him.

“Spare some time for your boyfriend.” Kris whispered before leaning down and capturing Tao’s lips sweetly, only giving him soft contact before he moved his face away and stared down at him.

Zitao still had his eyes closed, as if he was too embarrassed to look at him, but Kris just found that utterly adorable.

“You are so cute.” He whispered, before the blonde kissed his boyfriend once more, sweetly once again.

“Kris… what are you doing here?” Zitao asked, putting his hands softly on the older’s forearms.

“I wanted to see you, I miss you.” Kris confessed, smiling.

“…I miss you too.”

“Good.” Kris mumbled before kissing once again, but more passionately this time. Their mouths moved in perfect sync before Kris let his teeth tug on Zitao’s bottom lip, pulling a little to signal what he wanted next, and when he felt the younger’s mouth opened slowly, he instantly pushed in his tongue slowly, swiping against Tao’s before he began to explore every inch of the other’s addicting mouth as much as he could. His hands moved to the boy’s back, it softly and smiling as best he could when he felt Zitao’s hands move through his own hair.

Moving away, they both were panting heavily when they separated, and there was a comfortable silence around them.

Of course, until someone interrupted them.

“I wonder what our boss would think if he found you in this compromising position?” Kai teased, moving closer to them and chuckling.

Kris sighed and separated reluctantly from his gorgeous boyfriend and glared at Jongin.

“See, this is why I don’t like you.” He muttered. Kai chuckled once again and threw an arm around the blonde’s shoulders.

“This is why I love you.” Kris scoffed and pushed the other away before side stepping near Zitao again.

“Give us some privacy air head.” Kris said to Kai who just winked at them both before leaving them alone. The blonde turned to Zitao who was now looking at his feet nervously. “Are you okay?” he asked, the boy’s spine lovingly.

Zitao looked up at him and smiled.

“Of course.” He replied, and Kris wondered again, for the nth time, how he landed someone so freaking adorable and loveable.

“I’ll leave you to work now.” He said sighing a little, but he knew that he had to go. the black hair, he moved away but then stopped as he was called.

“Kris!” Zitao shouted over, and when the older turned he blushed again. “Why don’t you… come back when I finish, and I can let you meet some of my friends…?” he asked very nervously, his fingers fidgeting together.

Kris grinned at the request and nodded.

“Of course babe.”

It was now nine pm, and Kris was waiting outside of the club for his boyfriend to turn up. The breeze in the atmosphere was helping his nerves a little, it was cold and hit off his face, calming him down.

“Yifan?” a small voice interrupted his thoughtless mind and made him smile.

He turned around and leaned off of the wall, eyes connecting with Zitao’s beautiful brown ones instantly as he moved forward to him. When he got to him, he didn’t waste any time in hugging him softly, grinning as he heard the other softly giggle into his ear, making Kris pick him up and squeeze him even tighter.

“Kris!! I can’t… breathe.” The boy muttered, and the older just laughed as he sat him down.

“Shall we go?” he asked, and Zitao nodded instantly.

They both walked hand in hand to Kris’s car, the older opening the door for Zitao like a gentleman before getting in the driver’s seat and listening to his boyfriend’s directions to his house… the house where he hasn’t been yet.

And then it struck him.

He was going to Zitao’s house.

This was a pretty big thing in Kris’s head.

They reached the building rather quickly, and Kris liked the fact that Zitao’s house looked very comfortable and homely.

They got out and instantly walked in, Zitao first and Yifan behind him.

“Guys? I’m home!” Zitao shouted, glancing around the house, obviously looking for these friends of his. The blonde waited patiently, taking a hold of one of Zitao’s hand so the other could drag him around – and he wanted to hold it again, he would never get tired of the warmth that radiated from the boy’s skin.

“Zitao in here!” Someone shouted, and Kris suddenly tensed a little.

He hoped that his friends liked him, because as far as he knew they were really close with Zitao, and if they didn’t like him, things may not go too well for them both. Zitao grinned and pulled Yifan into the living room where his best friend and his fiancé sat together on the couch, looking at him with grins on their faces.

“Hey guys.” The young boy smiled, and clenched his fingers around Kris’s.

Yixing instantly stood up and walked around the couch until he was directly in front of the two men that had just entered.

“And who is this?” he asked, checking Kris out before a sly smirk fell on his lips.

Kris blushed a little at the attention and coughed a little.

“I’m Wu Yifan, you can call me Kris. I’m Zitao’s boyfriend.”

There was silence covering the room and when Kris looked at Zitao he realised that he was closing his eyes and biting his lip.

Kris took a guess, and thought that Zitao hadn’t gotten around to telling the two in the room about them dating yet.

“Really? Lovely to meet you! I’m Yixing, and that’s my fiancé Suho.” He put his hand and the blonde instantly shook it with a comforting smile.

“Great to finally meet you.” They both smiled and they watched Zitao let out a sigh of relief.

Suho finally joined them and shook Kris’s hand as well.

“Take it you’ll be Zitao’s plus one at our wedding?” Suho asked, and Kris nodded.

“Yes, I hope you don’t mind.” Kris noticed the thoughtful look on Yixing’s face, wondering if the other didn’t like him very much.

“Of course not! I’m just wondering how my little cub managed to score a hunk like you, that’s all.”

And the blush that covered Zitao’s cheek was absolutely breath-taking.

Kris squeezed the other’s hand again and chuckled.

“I wonder that too.” He winked, and laughed when Zitao playfully hit him.

That night went well, Kris felt like he got on, in particular, with Suho very well.

“So, you’re coming to my bachelor party right?” Suho surprisingly asked the blonde photographer who shrugged in response.

“Am I invited?” he asked, and the older nodded instantly.

“Of course! Zitao is going to Yixing’s, so why don’t you come to mine?” he asked, Kris grinned at the opportunity and nodded.

“Sure, I’ll go.” Suho smiled and shook his hand.

Kris glanced over at Zitao who was smiling at him, obviously glad that he was getting along with his friends very well.

It was soon turning on 11.30, and Kris had work the next day so he had to go. Now, they were at the door alone.

Zitao was clutching onto both of his hands, staring at them instead of looking up at Kris.

“Are you okay?” he asked again, and Zitao just nodded.

“I’ll see you soon?” he said, and Kris grinned before removing his hand and placing it under Tao’s chin, lifting his face up and pecked his lips.

“Definitely.” They smiled at each other before Kris left and walked to his car, turning around and waving at the boy who was still standing in the doorway watching him. Blowing a sappy kiss, he saw Zitao chuckle before sending one back.

When he got to work the next day, he noticed that a lot of people were running around crazily.

And when he saw Baekhyun storm right passed him, he instantly stopped him.

“What’s going on Baekhyun?” he asked, and the model sighed.

“A big shot guy is here.” He said, and Kris’s eyes widened.

“Oh…” And the other sighed.

“The boss is looking for you, you better go.” And with that, Baekhyun continued on his journey while Kris ran a hand through his hair before he quickly moved to his boss’s office.

When he got there, he knocked carefully before he heard his boss’s deep voice shout over.

“Come in!” Kris sighed and turned the door knob before walking in, and he noticed that his boss wasn’t alone.

“You wanted to see me sir?” he asked carefully, not looking at the young man that was standing beside him. His boss grinned and nodded.

“This, is Kim Kibum, I’m sure you’ve heard of him.”

The blonde turned to the young man and realised that he actually did know him.

Except he went by ‘Key’ in the fashion magazines. He was South Korea’s biggest fashion designers, famous for being particularly young and good looking, and of course, amazing at designing fantastic clothes and throwing dazzling runway shoots.

“It’s an honour to meet you.” Yifan moved over and held out his hand to the designer which was immediately accepted.

“Thank you.” Key said, smirking at him. His boss cleared his throat making Kris look at him.

“Now, he came here for a particular reason.” His boss was about to continue until he got interrupted by the famous designer.

“I’m looking for a top photographer that will take the photos for my establishment’s new magazine.”

Kris stared, but he didn’t dare let hopeful thoughts run through his head, so he waited silently.

“And I got told that you’re the best.”

Kris’s eyes instantly moved to his boss who just nodded at him.

“And before you begin your modest opinion, I’ve also seen some of your work, and I’m impressed, so I want you for this job, that is, if you want it.” Key explained, moving closer to the tall blonde who looked like he was about to start bouncing up and down out of excitement.

But that wouldn’t be professional.

Kris bit his lip a little before replying.

“I’d be honoured to take the job.”

Key grinned and folded his arms across his chest.

“Great news! So start packing!” as he said that, he turned to the boss and bowed a little before leaving the office and leaving the boss to explain everything to his precious photographer.

But the blonde had stopped short on his spot.

And then he finally found his voice again.

“Wait… ‘pack’?” he asked, and the boss nodded.

“Yes, Key’s going to be doing the shoot in New York.” He explained, beore moving around and handing Kris a folder. “Everything you need to know is in here, congratulations.”

The blonde just nodded and instantly turned to leave the office. When he got out, he shut the door behind him before opening the folder.

1st Magazine Photo-shoot.

Location: New York

Duration: Three Weeks

Kris’s heart stopped. He realised that his company was probably going to pay for all of his expenses.

Something else caught his eye.

Allowed: One person to accompany you.

Kris smiled at this, at least Zitao would be able to come with him.

The date came into view.

Date: 2nd November – 23rd November

He was going to miss it.

Kris was going to miss the wedding that was being held on the 15th November. And if Zitao was going to go with him, he’d miss it too.

There was a very big chance that wasn’t going to happen.