Chapter 15

I Met My Lover On A Site [MULTI-CHAPTER]

 

The date was tonight. At seven o’clock, and Kris had booked quite a posh restaurant so that they’d have the time of their lives. And if that happened to lead onto Zitao coming back to his place and them snuggling on the couch then that’s fine! Nothing else of course; because he wasn’t that type of guy. Come on, Kris was still a even if it is that hard to believe.

It was about 3 pm now; and he was just thinking of several things that he could do for Tao tonight. Dinner isn’t enough; although of course he was going to be paying for it all, whether Tao agreed or not. But Kris had no idea what else to bring to the date. They were going to have dinner, then he assumed (if it went well) they’d go back to Kris’s house, or (if it didn’t go too well) they’d separate at the end. And Kris had an urge to make sure it went perfectly well, so he had to do something more.

But what?

After about an hour of trying to think about things; he came up with absolutely nothing. Well, he had one idea – it was the idea of calling Baekhyun to get his ideas really.

Kris does too much for Tao already…

Putting the phone to his ear after he pressed the call button on Baekhyun’s contact, he waited a bit impatiently for the other to pick up.

“Hello?”

“Baekhyun? It’s me, Kris.”

“Yes, I know. What do you want?”

“I need your help with something.”

“I don’t want to give it. Goodbye.”

“Wait!”

“What now?”

“I’m… going on a date with Tao tonight.”

“Ooh, sounds interesting. Have fun then.”

“But! That’s what I need your help with.”

“Why? Just go, kiss, eat and have . Duh.”

“That’s disgusting. Anyway, I want to get him something, but I’m not sure what.”

“And you’re coming to me for advice? I’m flattered.”

“Yes, any ideas?”

“Hmm… Jewellery?”

“Already got him a watch a couple of days ago.”

“Ah okay then. And I take it your taking him out for dinner?”

“Uh-huh. Well, that’s the plan anyway.”

“Okay. So, what about giving him a single rose?”

“Isn’t that a bit much?”

“Not really. It’s really romantic. And you’re not romantic. But this could help.”

“Okay, so rose. What else?”

“Um, you don’t want to overdo it. Just makes sure you buy wine as well.”

“Are you sure?”

“Uh-huh, don’t want to be over-eager. Now, have fun on your date. Bye.”

Kris hung-up and took a deep breath. Now to go out and buy a single rose was it? He didn’t know why only one, but he guessed he didn’t want to make Zitao feel too much like a girl. Maybe one flower would be perfect actually.

While he was out buying the flower, he continuously felt as though something bad was going to happen that night. He wished it weren’t true: he wanted this night to go absolutely perfect – just like the first time they met. And god, how he wanted to taste the panda’s lips again. Now, all he had to do was hope. Hope for the best.

Earlier that day, Kris had already text his date the time, and they had agreed on meeting at 6.30pm at the restaurant. It was now 6 o’clock, and Kris was ready in a casual outfit. Even though it was at a posh restaurant, Tao had insisted that he wore something casual because otherwise he’d be completely embarrassed. So now, Kris was wearing faded jeans, a white t-shirt and a simply blazer over it. It was as smart as he could be really. Grasping the single white rose in one hand, wallet in the other, he pushed open his door and walked over to his car. He decided that if it didn’t go well like he wanted, he was at least going to make sure Zitao got home safely, and besides, he hadn’t shown the younger his black Mercedes yet.

Getting in, he put in the car key and turned the ignition on, and while this was happening, his stomach was doing massive flips and his nervousness increased.

He just hoped that this went perfectly, and his relationship with Tao moved on to the next level.

It was already 6.30pm, and Kris was seated at the table he had reserved, and was patiently waiting for his date to arrive. He was holding the white rose in hand, and Kris was glancing at the entrance occasionally, waiting to greet.

And that’s when Zitao arrived, just in time, and Kris felt all breath leave him.

Tao was wearing black jeans, smart shoes and he had a black shirt on. It looked simply breath-taking, and completely amazing on him. It fit him so well. The older immediately stood up and waited until the waiter showed Tao to his table, and when the panda saw him, he blushed deeply.

“Hello.” Kris greeted, moving forward so that he was standing in front of Tao, blocking his way to his seat. Tao bit his lips softly and responded.

“Hey Kris.”

Honestly, he was simply adorable. The blonde raised his hand and made sure that the white rose caught the panda’s eyes.

“I-Is that for me?” Tao asked cutely, staring at it with his big wide eyes. Kris chuckled and brought up Tao’s hand, handing it to him softly.

“Of course it is. I hope you like it.” He said, and the other immediately nodded. Kris moved backwards a little, and went to stand behind Tao’s chair, waiting for him to sit down.

“Are… you trying to embarrass me?” The panda asked, but nevertheless he sat down on the chair, and Kris – like a classic gentleman – pushed it in far.

“No, just trying to show you my romantic side.” He admitted before walking around to his own chair opposite of Zitao, sitting down and smiling at the boy in front of him.

“Well, it’s very thoughtful.” Zitao stated, looking down at the rose that was still in his hands.

Kris smiled brightly, it looked as if the other liked his gift. Simple and easy. Maybe Baekhyun wasn’t as bad at giving advice as he had thought before.

About two minutes later, the waiter came and asked for their orders, which they gave back slowly, but as soon as he left, Zitao spoke first.

“I’ve actually got a present for you too.” Rummaging into the bag he brought with him, he took a piece of paper out. Kris tilted his head in confusion but he received the paper to look at it. Then a big smirk formed on his pink lips. It was their first picture together. The one that, in the blonde’s mind, was the most perfect picture ever to be taken.

“Is this for my empty photo frame?” he wondered, already knowing the answer of course, but he asked anyway.

“Yes, it’ll fit. I’ve got one of my own too…” Zitao muttered the last bit, but it just made the older smile even more.

“This is perfect.” He whispered back, looking over at his nervous date who shrugged his shoulders. “Really Zitao.” Kris said again, not leaving the other’s eyes. Of course, this apparently made the other even more nervous as he started to turn his head away and look at something else.

Smirking, Kris put the picture into his own bag and moved back up, waiting patiently in comfortable silence for their starter to come.

It didn’t take long, and soon enough they were both eating their food comfortably, while Kris thought of a conversation starter.

“So, Tao, I wanted to go on this date to get to know you right?” Kris asked, and the other nodded, shoving the fork in his mouth again. The blonde laughed before he continued. “So, let’s start interrogating, shall we?” Kris winked, and Tao giggled a little.

“Yeah, sure.” The panda replied, and Kris chuckled.

“Shall we start with… your hobbies maybe?” Kris knew how cliché that topic was, but in all honesty he wanted to know desperately. The smaller laughed but he replied.

“Well, most of the time, I work… but I guess, I like to dance and sing quite a lot…” It looked like the other was nervous at his confession, but Yifan found it incredibly cute.

“Really? I need to hear and see this sometime.” Smirking at the thought, he saw the other shake his head vigorously.

“Hell no.” Zitao replied.

“Aw, why not?” Kris asked, and the other sighed.

“I’d be way too embarrassed to do that.” The other admitted.

“If… I give something in return, will you show me then?” Kris wondered, because honestly, he was now desperate to see the other dance and sing. Tao put his fork down and crossed his arms, smirking himself this time.

“Oh really? Like what?” The other asked. Kris started to think.

What was his own hobbies? Well… photography obviously, but that was also his job. Lounging around on his couch was another thing – but that was too embarrassing to say at the moment. Well… he did have a knack for rapping…

“I’ll rap for you. If you sing for me.” He offered, and the other looked like he was in serious thought. “Come on…” Kris tried to push him forward, and the other sighed once again.

“Okay, okay, okay. Whatever you want.” Tao said, pouting.

“Great!” Kris shouted, overly happy that he had gotten the other boy to agree with him.

It was about ten minutes later, and they were now on their main meal, and it seemed that everything was going perfectly well for them now. It was complete bliss.

As they were engrossed in their small talk, a loud ringing interrupted them both.

Kris stopped eating and looked over at Tao, who was blushing furiously while reaching over to his bag and picking out his ringing phone. The older sighed inside his head, but he only smiled at the other, silently telling him to answer the phone if he wanted to. Zitao blushed again, nodding nervously before standing up, and stepping over to the side, putting the phone up to his ear. Kris just watched him; and smiled a little. At least this was the worst thing that has happened, and it wasn’t even bad.

Zitao looked uncomfortable about something though… He looked a little angry, and he was fidgeting a lot – continuously changing ears with the phone – and talking quietly but quickly into the phone. He wondered what was bothering him. Watching as the panda took the phone from his ear and furiously hung up, he turned and locked eyes with Kris sadly. What was going on?

Just as the boy was walking back to him, someone was in a big hurry and ended up knocking into him. Now, this wouldn’t be bad, but the stranger had a glass of juice in one hand and guess where it ended? Yup, all over Tao. Kris immediately stood up and rushed over to his date, worriedly checking if he was okay and picking him up from the floor.

“Oh my god Tao, are you alright?” he wondered, looking at his drenched date. As a waiter passed, he instantly asked for something to dry Tao with, and the other immediately came back with some paper towels and Kris started drying off Zitao’s clothes. However, something else was wrong. He knew that the other had to be a little pissed off because he had drink all over him, but there was something else off. After doing his best to dry the other; he put his hands on Tao’s shoulders and spoke. “What’s wrong?” he asked, but Tao wasn’t looking at him anymore. “Tao.” The other sighed and looked up at him.

“Sorry… that was my cousin on the phone.” He explained, and Kris sighed in relief, removing his hands and scratching the back of his head before smiling a little. But the other’s expression didn’t lighten up any.

“And… what were they saying?” he asked finally.

“I need to go now.” Zitao said, his eyes covered in sadness.

Kris’s heart fell a little.

“Oh.” He muttered.

“I’m really sorry Kris. But it’s urgent.” Zitao explained, his hands shaking a little.

“It’s fine Zitao. If you need to go then go.” Kris smiled a little, but it was hard. So much for the perfect night.

Zitao nodded slowly and walked over to the table, picking up is bag before turning to Kris.

“I’ll pay for my ha—“ Kris interrupted him instantly.

“No need. I had fun for the most part.” He said, trying to give the other the best smile he could. The panda nodded again and sadly smiled at the other, before turning on his heel and walking away.

Kris let out a big deep breath.

Okay, this night could’ve been better. But at least it wasn’t completely bad.

When he sat back down at the table, he took his fork again and shoved in his mouth, sighing slowly.

Then his eye caught something on the table.

It wasn’t Tao’s fault, but it still hurt him.

The white rose was lying at the edge of the dinner table. Zitao had forgotten to take it with him. And he never even got to kiss the panda either.

Hell, he hardly learned anything about the other besides learning he could sing and dance.

And then Zitao just had to go and get juice all over him. For him, this definitely wouldn’t be a night to remember. Sighing, he called over the waiter to ask for the check. Kris wasn’t even that hungry anymore. Okay, so their first date failed: but he really wondered if there was something bad happening with Zitao’s cousin. He hoped not. And he also hoped that the other didn’t blame himself for this; because Kris sure didn’t. It wasn’t either of their fault.

Standing up after paying, he walked out of the restaurant and looked over to the car park. It was quite far away from the restaurant, and just as Yifan thought that the night couldn’t get any worse, guess what happened. A load of rain started to fall from the sky, and it started to soak him completely. Groaning, he took off on a run, running along a bridge that separated the restaurant and the parking lot (who the hell builds a restaurant beside a bridge?!) at a very fast speed. As he ran, he misjudged how wet the roads were, and he slipped and fell back onto the ground pretty harshly.

Releasing a loud moan, he sat up and rubbed his head, trying to soothe the pain. Kris stood up and tried not to scream in complete and utter frustration. When he looked to the side, he noticed a small black box on the ground. Wait… it was a phone. The Chinese man stared at it a bit more before he brought his own hand to his pocket and tried to search for his own phone. No wonder it wasn’t there. Sighing, he moved closer to it and bent down to reach it.

Well, nothing was going well for him at all. As he moved closer, his foot accidently caught the electronic device, pushing it further to the edge of the bridge, and it was literally hanging off the edge.

“Don’t. You. Dare.” Kris whispered, slowly moving forward. Bending down, he reached over to try and stop his phone from falling to its death in the river beneath him. The rain started to fall harder, and as a hell of a lot of water started to hit it, the phone didn’t even give Kris a chance to grab it as it hastily fell over the edge.

“No!” Kris shouted, immediately standing up and looking over the edge to see his phone fall to the death.

Okay, something is going against him tonight.

His phone got destroyed, Zitao ran out on him, and left his gift on the table. As he shoved his hands into his pockets, he made sure his back was glued to him as he walked to his car. When he reached it, he opened the door immediately and climbed in.

Time to go to bed, cuddle into Taoris and fall asleep.

That night could’ve definitely gone better.

Yifan was currently at work again, sorting out the settings on his professional camera, and trying to push all of the thoughts of last night out of his head (except how hot Zitao looked, that could stay in his head). He was taking pictures of a completely new model today, and he was quite excited about it.

The model was new at this, and Kris was told that this was going to be his first professional shoot. Obviously the newbie had done shoots before, but this was the real deal. And Kris loved taking pictures of the new models. They listened to everything you said, and done whatever you told them to. Unlike the old models *cough* Baekhyun *cough*.

As he finished, he grabbed his bag and walked into the separate room where the model was getting ready – it was something Yifan liked to do, to check out the model so he could plan out which settings would look best with them, and how the lighting would fit them etc. When he got there, he saw the boy on the makeup chair with his eyes closed, the makeup stylist adding dark eye shadow onto his eyes. The boy’s lips were quite lush and big, but Kris found that seriously attractive. (Zitao’s lips were better though). And by the looks of it, the model’s eyes were quite big too. (Again, the panda’s eyes were better.) When the stylist had finished, the model stood up and stared at himself in the mirror, instantly clocking Kris standing there. Turning around, he nervously spoke.

“C-Can I help you?” The model asked, and Kris took this time to admire him completely. He had a lean figure, but not entirely skinny – there was a little bit of muscle too. The boy’s eyes were big like the photographer had thought, and the brown in his eyes stood out a lot. Yifan could tell this boy was very photogenic.

“I’m the photographer.” Kris explained, and the other’s mouth fell into an ‘o’ shape as he realised that.

“Okay…” he said, switching his weight on his feet continuously.

“What’s your name?” Kris asked, putting his camera bag down and walking closer to the model.

“Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo.” The other replied, smiling and holding out his hand for Yifan to take. The photographer took it immediately and shook his hand.

“I’m Wu Yifan, but please, call me Kris.”

Both of them smiled at each other before the photographer spoke again.

“Nervous?” he asked, leaning against a table as he folded his arms.

“Not really. I’m really excited.” Kyungsoo grinned, laughing a little.

“That’s good. It’ll be fun, I promise.” Yifan stated, nodding his head. Kyungsoo smiled again.

“Good, I can’t wait.”

Kris nodded and stood up straight again.

“Well, see you in about five minutes then.” Kyungsoo nodded and waved slightly.

As Kris left the room, he grabbed the bag quickly and began setting up his own camera, getting ready for the professional shoot. Of course, he hoped to do this without getting bothered, but of course, as by example last night, fate didn’t like him very much as he felt someone tapping his shoulder excessively.

“Yifan!” Baekhyun’s voice made him sigh deeply.

“Yes Baekhyun?” he asked without looking backwards, continuing to set up the tripod. He heard the other huff.

“Look at me!” the other moaned, but again Kris just ignored him.

“Working. Go away.” He simply said, and when he finished, he motioned for a worker to go and bring Kyungsoo out so they can start the shoot.

Kyungsoo came out quickly, and he was wearing ripped black skinny jeans and a white wifebeater, showing off his lean muscles.

“Wow. Who is that?” Baekhyun asked, standing beside the photographer now, his eyes basically eating the new model.

“He’s a new one. Names Do Kyungsoo.” Kris explained, but he completely knew why Baekhyun was so intrigued. Kyungsoo looked very nice right now.

“I say it again, Wow.” Baekhyun repeated, looking at the boy up and down. Kyungsoo’s eyes met with Kris’s, and he smiled brightly, softly waving before putting his hand in his pockets again.

The photo-shoot went pretty well. Kyungsoo was really a natural at this.

At the end, Kris walked up to Kyungsoo and gave him a big hug.

“You did really well you know?” he said, and Kyungsoo hugged him tightly back.

“Thanks! It was really fun.” Soo commented, letting go of the blonde and taking a step back. Just then, Baekhyun came over and immediately began flirting with him.

“Hey, you were really y. Can I get your name?” He asked, his lips seductively as Soo blushed a little.

“Kyungsoo.” The other said, not even asking for Baek’s name.

“My names Baekhyun. You know, I’ve found out that a lot of men like to moan my name out loud.” He winked, and Kris bit his lips to try and keep in his burst of laughter.

Kyungsoo stared at him with wide eyes.

“Um… good for them. But, I already have a boyfriend.” The new model explained, making Baek stop his smiling completely.

Kris was still silently laughing.

“I’m sure I’m better sweetie.” Baekhyun commented, winking again.

“Trust me, you’re not.”

Another voice entered the conversation, and for god sake, Kris hoped that he heard wrong. He hoped that he was deaf. Or he hoped he was having hallucinations.

Because that was not Kai’s voice.

Because Kai couldn’t be dating this innocent, sweet boy. Because that would be bad.

“And you are?” Baekhyun turned to glare, as a certain someone walked up beside the new model and put his arm around Kyungsoo’s waist.

“Kim Jongin, Soo’s boyfriend.”

Kai smirked, and looked over at Kris, grinning like a maniac.

Kris just stared hard. Why did he feel that things just got worse?

 

A/N: Here you go! I promise that this story will be updated a lot more from now on :3